• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse 4 GB

System Name Little Boy / New Guy
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X / Intel Core I5 10400F
Motherboard Asrock X470 Taichi Ultimate / Asus H410M Prime
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 280 A-RGB / ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO
Memory TeamGroup Zeus 2x16GB 3200Mhz CL16 / Teamgroup 1x16GB 3000Mhz CL18
Video Card(s) Asrock Phantom RX 6800 XT 16GB / Asus RTX 3060 Ti 8GB DUAL Mini V2
Storage Patriot Viper VPN100 Nvme 1TB / OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Sata / Ultrastar 2TB / IronWolf 4TB / WD Red 8TB
Display(s) Compumax MF32C 144Hz QHD / ViewSonic OMNI 27 144Hz QHD
Case Phanteks Eclipse P400A / Montech X3 Mesh
Power Supply Aresgame 850W 80+ Gold / Aerocool 850W Plus bronze
Mouse Gigabyte Force M7 Thor
Keyboard Gigabyte Aivia K8100
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits
No. MSRP of RX 590 was $279.

Irrelevant. Or you want it priced $280? lol...
This should be at the same price that is replacing and offer more performance. If i would get the same 2 year old perf for the same price i would be insane to buy it.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
Cooling CPU - stock AMD Wraith Spire cooler; Case - Noctua NF-A14 PWM x2 in front, stock fan at the back
Memory Galax HOF 3200MHz C14 8Gb x 2
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT Gaming X
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB, WD Blue 1TB HD, ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Eizo EV2451, Samsung SyncMaster 2343BWX
Case Fractual Design Define C Window
Power Supply Corsair RM650i
Mouse Logitech G400s
Keyboard iRocks IRK75M
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
As a current RX580 Nitro+ user, the fans do need to spin to noisy levels when I play The Outer Worlds at Very High, 1080p 58 fps capped. (I haven't fully optimised my undervolting and underclocking experiment yet though). So an upgrade with lower temps and noise than my RX580 is attractive, but I might be more interested in a RX 5600 XT, so I would wait longer and see.

jgraham11

Its too bad these reviews only look at max performance, that's not what they are designed for. Look at the combination of technologies they have and look where they are going with it. AMD chill, and that new anti lag tech: Designed for smoothness and opportunistic usage to maintain smoothness which is what consoles want. Think about that new Nvidia article talking about higher FPS means a better K/D ratio... The two companies are diverging with their gaming strategies but the tech press is still maintaining absolute performance as the metric. It should be instead smoothness with the FPS capped at 60FPS and AMD chill enabled, which cards give you a better experience...

This should be at the same price that is replacing and offer more performance. If i would get the same 2 year old perf for the same price i would be insane to buy it.

Seems that a lot of people don't understand how this works. The days of big generational performance/$ improvements are over. Silicone has been squeezed near the limit.

AMD needs to price their products competitive to Nvidia and vice versa. That is where they have failed, but don't worry the market will naturally fix that soon enough; either Nvidia's cards will get a little more expensive or AMDs will be discounted (probably the later). Compared to the currently discounted price of the 590, this card is a better deal. Buying the 590 would "be insane" unless it gets even cheaper (which it probably will).

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 1700
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B350-F GAMING
Cooling CPU - stock AMD Wraith Spire cooler; Case - Noctua NF-A14 PWM x2 in front, stock fan at the back
Memory Galax HOF 3200MHz C14 8Gb x 2
Video Card(s) MSI Radeon RX 6600 XT Gaming X
Storage Crucial MX300 525GB, WD Blue 1TB HD, ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB
Display(s) Eizo EV2451, Samsung SyncMaster 2343BWX
Case Fractual Design Define C Window
Power Supply Corsair RM650i
Mouse Logitech G400s
Keyboard iRocks IRK75M
Software Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Seems that a lot of people don't understand how this works. The days of big generational performance/$ improvements are over. Silicone has been squeezed near the limit.

AMD needs to price their products competitive to Nvidia and vice versa. That is where they have failed, but don't worry the market will naturally fix that soon enough; either Nvidia's cards will get a little more expensive or AMDs will be discounted (probably the later). Compared to the currently discounted price of the 590, this card is a better deal. Buying the 590 would "be insane" unless it gets even cheaper (which it probably will).
Agreed. If I want to buy an AMD card soon (but not "right now"), I would wait for prices to come down. I prefer to buy newer, more energy-efficient models and not just looking at the raw prices alone. The energy savings may be significant in the long run. Also, for a new PC, maybe the case doesn't need as much cooling and that also saves costs.

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
[MSRP price should not be compared to MSRP price, but to a whatever random price that better fit's my flawed argument]

This should be at the same price that is replacing and offer more performance.
What it is replacing has lower price, because AMD wants to clear up the inventory, genius.
What other reason to buy older tech could possibly exist, if not the better perf/price, isn't it bloody obvious???

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
Its too bad these reviews only look at max performance, that's not what they are designed for. Look at the combination of technologies they have and look where they are going with it. AMD chill, and that new anti lag tech: Designed for smoothness and opportunistic usage to maintain smoothness which is what consoles want. Think about that new Nvidia article talking about higher FPS means a better K/D ratio... The two companies are diverging with their gaming strategies but the tech press is still maintaining absolute performance as the metric. It should be instead smoothness with the FPS capped at 60FPS and AMD chill enabled, which cards give you a better experience...
These are designed for 'max performance '. Like I said in a different thread, that is the point is to test out of box performance. If users can and want to enable chill, they can do so. But to run benchmarks like this mixed in with others, wont show it in a much better light outside of a bit less power use at the expense of some performance.

I'd imagine more users are trying to get more out of their GPUs than to limit them. Many can't afford to overspend and cut back.

Last edited:
I like the design and low noise levels of this particular card. but as we all agree the pricing has to be revized to be competitive, 1650 super just cheaper, performs a bit better and consumes less power. they need to drop it below 1650 price levels to be competitive.

AMD cannot price themselves as the premium brand and price themselves above nvidia. They are being called out more and more and losing fans. AMD is fighting not only the Nvidia brand but fighting strong partners like Evga who have developed strong loyalty and have strong support. This Sapphire card is priced 20 dollars above the equivalent Evga.. That is significantly more money at this level of card. At the bare minimum to gain marketshare they need to price this 10 dollars less with ideally 20 dollars less considering the nvidia brand strength. At 20 dollars, above they are scalping their fans and it is showing with the feedback of the card with only the most hardened fans defending the price premium.

Benchmark Scores Faster than yours... I'd bet on it. :)
so looks like that the 4gb 5500xt benefits from PCIe Gen 4 and gets better FPS then PCIe Gen3

marcotti

Hi All,
I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but I wanted to share with you my issue, hoping that some of you may find a solution.

Yesterday I bought a Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse 8GB graphic card.
I installed it and yesterday everything was working fine.
I have 2 monitors Philips 278E9Q, one (let’s call it Monitor 1) linked with DisplayPort and the other (Monitor 2) with HDMI.
This morning I switch on my PC and Win10 didn’t find “Monitor 2”.
After having reboot a couple of times, everything looked back to normality.

After a while a switched on my second PC, also connected with the same monitors, in the opposite way (Monitor 1 through HDMI and Monitor 2 through DisplayPort).
When I had to go back to work on my first PC (changing the “source” to the monitors) the Monitor 1 (connected through the DisplayPort to the PC with the Radeon) didn’t receive signal anymore.
After several attempts, I managed to open the “Adrenalin” tool and just switching off and back on the “Virtual Super Resolution”, the Monitor 1 came back to life.

Any idea of what this can depend from?

Thanks
Marco

Kursah

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name Kursah's Gaming Rig 2018 (2022 Upgrade) - Ryzen+ Edition | Gaming Laptop (Lenovo Legion 5i Pro 2022)
Processor R7 5800X @ Stock | i7 12700H @ Stock
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F Gaming BIOS 6203| Legion 5i Pro NM-E231
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S Push-Pull + NT-H1 | Stock Cooling
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z 32GB (2x16) DDR4 4000 @ 3600 18-20-20-42 1.35v | 32GB DDR5 4800 (2x16)
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 4070 JetStream 12GB | CPU-based Intel Iris XE + RTX 3070 8GB 150W
Storage 4TB SP UD90 NVME, 960GB SATA SSD, 2TB HDD | 1TB Samsung OEM NVME SSD + 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVME SSD
Display(s) Acer 28" 4K VG280K x2 | 16" 2560x1600 built-in
Case Corsair 600C - Stock Fans on Low | Stock Metal/Plastic
Audio Device(s) Aune T1 mk1 > AKG K553 Pro + JVC HA-RX 700 (Equalizer APO + PeaceUI) | Bluetooth Earbuds (BX29)
Power Supply EVGA 750G2 Modular + APC Back-UPS Pro 1500 | 300W OEM (heavy use) or Lenovo Legion C135W GAN (light)
Mouse Logitech G502 | Logitech M330
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Core RGB | Built in Keyboard (Lenovo laptop KB FTW)
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 | Windows 11 Home x64