• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Alphacool Eisblock XPX 1U CPU Water Block

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Alphacool has been busy making different versions of the base Eisblock XPX CPU water block design originally introduced in 2016. We take a look at the Eisblock XPX 1U today, which is a low-profile version with multiple side ports for those wanting liquid cooling in a small form factor chassis/server rack.

Show full review

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X h2o
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC h2o
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Great, they still use that awful plastic backplate for LGA775/115x..

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Great, they still use that awful plastic backplate for LGA775/115x..
The actual threads are metal, so nothing wrong with the plastic frame around it. It works fine, which is more than I could say for that two-piece metal mounting bracket setup.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X h2o
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop
Memory 48GB Kingston DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC h2o
Storage ~3TB SSDs + 6TB external HDDs
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
The actual threads are metal, so nothing wrong with the plastic frame around it. It works fine, which is more than I could say for that two-piece metal mounting bracket setup.
That's a PITA to install, that frame broke with my Eisbaer few years ago. Also it won't stay in its place (that tape is a joke), so you'll need to hold it manually.

Nothing wrong with the AMD retention though since it screws on the original backplate, I have the normal Eisblock XPX and it's simple to install on AMD platform. Also the Intel HEDT installation is fine.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
That's a PITA to install, that frame broke with my Eisbaer few years ago. Also it won't stay in its place (that tape is a joke), so you'll need to hold it manually.

Nothing wrong with the AMD retention though since it screws on the original backplate, I have the normal Eisblock XPX and it's simple to install on AMD platform. Also the Intel HEDT installation is fine.
Ah, I suppose I've done it enough times (there's a fourth Eisblock XPX version review coming up soon) to where I can do it manually as well. The tape is fine as a reference, but good point about it.

System Name WTF
Processor i5-9600K @ 5.1
Motherboard asus z370
Cooling H90
Memory 32gb
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX1080
Storage 30TB
Display(s) ROG PG278Q
Case HAF 912
Audio Device(s) integrated
Power Supply 1000w
Mouse rat 7 mad catz
Keyboard logitech g15
Software yes please
Benchmark Scores yes
I think that a good all-in-ne watercooler bloc/pump is better than any on that list.

I have had several types of watercooling setups even a dual loop setup CPU+GPU.
I tested ek supremacy vs corsair H90 all-in-one, H90 outperforms it by 5C with same coolant temperature.
All-in-one blocs are so thin, they transfer heat much better. Custom blocs are massive the heat just can't get trough fast enough. Also the fins can't be thin, because the water flow would be to restricted and because there is contamination and dust in custom loops. H90 fins are so thin they would clog quickly if non-distilled water was used let's say.
I think Linus made a video about this.