• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
Nobody ever mods Conexant HD Audio driver.....:cry:

Did you find any ?

very few did but Conexant (now Synaptics owns Conexant Systems and Synaptics do also make UAD drivers) HDA drivers are unpredictable (works with some but not others or does not work with certain Windows versions) since they could never make any general/generic all-purpose audio drivers for many Conexant HD audio deivces like how Realtek did with their hardware. Conexant HD audio drivers were always OEM specific.

let' see if alanfox2000 will issue an updated APO driver software that has the newest Nahimic v1.7.2 SWC APO component

Satrell

This is by far the single best forum I have found regarding this issue, cheers to all of you. You really helped me improve my Audio significantly already.

However there are still a few Issues, and thus I thought to try to not just get 80% there, but finish it! -with your help ;)

My Situation:

Windows 10 PC (Workstation, Movie, Gaming)
Nvidia RTX GPU
-> connected via HDMI to a 2019 Samsung TV
-> that Samsung TV is connected to a Samsung Soundbar via ARC (https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-video/soundbar-q70r/)

Using a modded Nvidia Driver and the APO Driver (DS1->Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater (HDMI/SPIDF)), I was able to get to get Windows to encode in Dolby Digital as the Default Format.
The Settings in the TV/Soundbar confirm the Receipt of Dolby Digital too, yay!

That is the 80%. :)

What is still missing IMO:

1. Windows still recognizes the TV/Soundbar only as Stereo. Is there a way (or a need) to fix this?
2. Is there a way to get the default format to actually be Dolby Digital Plus? (Played around cannot seem to get it though)
3. Dolby Atmos... The soundbar is supposed to be capable to do it, but when I install the Dolby Access App it prompts me to change Spatial Sound to Dolby Atmos, but I do not have that option. (Could it be related to problem #1?)

Alternatively is DTS:X an option? If so, what do I have to do for that?

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
This is by far the single best forum I have found regarding this issue, cheers to all of you. You really helped me improve my Audio significantly already.

However there are still a few Issues, and thus I thought to try to not just get 80% there, but finish it! -with your help ;)

My Situation:

Windows 10 PC (Workstation, Movie, Gaming)
Nvidia RTX GPU
-> connected via HDMI to a 2019 Samsung TV
-> that Samsung TV is connected to a Samsung Soundbar via ARC (https://www.samsung.com/uk/audio-video/soundbar-q70r/)

Using a modded Nvidia Driver and the APO Driver (DS1->Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater (HDMI/SPIDF)), I was able to get to get Windows to encode in Dolby Digital as the Default Format.
The Settings in the TV/Soundbar confirm the Receipt of Dolby Digital too, yay!

That is the 80%. :)

What is still missing IMO:

1. Windows still recognizes the TV/Soundbar only as Stereo. Is there a way (or a need) to fix this?
2. Is there a way to get the default format to actually be Dolby Digital Plus? (Played around cannot seem to get it though)
3. Dolby Atmos... The soundbar is supposed to be capable to do it, but when I install the Dolby Access App it prompts me to change Spatial Sound to Dolby Atmos, but I do not have that option. (Could it be related to problem #1?)

Alternatively is DTS:X an option? If so, what do I have to do for that?
1. No way, no real need to fix. If gaming, some games do not output 5.1; check game settings.
2. No, DDP encoder is unavailable, and also HDMI ARC usually doesn't support DDP. Check for HDMI eARC, the new version of ARC, if the soundbar supports that.
3. No, the problem is that you are passing through TV. Most TVs do not expose support for Atmos. Check for that. Or provide the model.

If possible, try to connect directly to soundbar.

Xeonic

Hello! Is there any way to crack Dolby access? What to use for free? thanks )

What You mean "non realtek" users?
I have realtek hd audio device but using sound blaster x-fi 5.1 surround pro and most settings audio on my computer using for most quality sound for sound blaster.View attachment 150890View attachment 150891View attachment 150892View attachment 150893

Virtual cable device is not needed. In my priv opinion is a shit software and cannot make a better quality of sound.

Greatful for Alan Finotty best drivers modder EVER!! :)

My version of realtek ha audio driver is based on Alan Finotty drivers but..... :)View attachment 150898
I added links to download modded drivers with fixed 5.1 7.1 mode dts ultra pc dolby ddl dts connect with microsoft signed. Version 8746.1 best effects install with device manager

Processor AMD RYZEN 5 3600
Motherboard X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
Cooling NZXT Kraken X61
Memory Gskill 32GB 3200Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX1070 iChillx4
Storage Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung UE55MU7049
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 + Nvidia HDMI
Power Supply Seasonic 750 Watt
Software Windows 10 Pro
I updated the nvidia hdaudio to latest v1.3.38.26 > Download (restart pc with disable driver signature enforcement mode then install, vdo instruction)

See the changes that needed to support dolby pcee4 in .inf file > original vs mod (if u can figure things out u can make updated mod for urself in future)

The bug u r talking abt that stops receiving sound for a while it's related to windows driver/component power saving mode. I can't fix that in kernel level thats on microsoft. But I have a fix in my mind. I'll tell u it later, first let me know if the driver works or not. @StuDentBR

Thank you for sharing this , and also the tutorial for future versions.
I have a few questions about this.

When i choose advanced audio settings for the Nvidia card only dolby digital is selectable , shouldnt DTS also be selectable here ?

It works fine with dolby home theatre v4.
Is it possible to get all of this also running on my realtek audio card , or will the program be confused which card is selected for changing the settings ?

Thanks!

Thank you for sharing this , and also the tutorial for future versions.
I have a few questions about this.

When i choose advanced audio settings for the Nvidia card only dolby digital is selectable , shouldnt DTS also be selectable here ?

It works fine with dolby home theatre v4.
Is it possible to get all of this also running on my realtek audio card , or will the program be confused which card is selected for changing the settings ?

Thanks!

DTS need different .inf configuration..but u can't active both dolby and dts at the same time in nvidia inf, it's either dolby or dts...I prefer dolby bcoz wide compatibility + less bandwidth (640Kbps) and latency. DTS has high bandwidth (upto 1500Kbps) thus high latency and more stress on HDMI cable, u really need a good quality hdmi cable for seamless data transfering.

Yes, u can do same mod to activate DHTv4 in realtek uad .inf file. Here is the diff between realtek uad generic vs dhtv4 mod, look at the code [SourceDisksFiles] section, those 15 files u need to install the mod, u will find this files in here (uad files), here (realtek uwp control panel) and here (dolby files). Put those 15 files in same folder and create a text file named as say "HDXRT_DHTv4.inf" and copy/paste the whole modded codes from above. Then uninstall current realtek driver , restart pc in disable driver signature enforcement mode and install the modded driver and uwp control panel. @whitelightning

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I prefer dolby bcoz wide compatibility + less bandwidth (640Kbps) and latency. DTS has high bandwidth (upto 1500Kbps) thus high latency and more stress on HDMI cable, u really need a good quality hdmi cable for seamless data transfering.

DTS has lower latency: frame transfer time is negligible for any data. Data transfer is local, so high speed. Compressed audio latency depends on frame size, the smallest section of compressed audio that can be decompressed independently. DTS has a smaller frame size, thus smaller latency.
HDMI audio carrying capacity is excessively massive. This standard can carry video at bit rate above 1gbps in the oldest standard. DTS bit rate, which is equal to 16bit 48KHz stereo is nothing in HDMI. The cable can transfer any sort of video, its good enough for audio.
DTS is also lower in CPU usage; the format does not do as much calculation to compress as Dolby Digital, thus the high bit-rate.
If someone has compatible device, DTS remain a better format. (Which exclude me, HTIB only properly support Dolby Digital ).

DTS has lower latency: frame transfer time is negligible for any data. Data transfer is local, so high speed. Compressed audio latency depends on frame size, the smallest section of compressed audio that can be decompressed independently. DTS has a smaller frame size, thus smaller latency.
HDMI audio carrying capacity is excessively massive. This standard can carry video at bit rate above 1gbps in the oldest standard. DTS bit rate, which is equal to 16bit 48KHz stereo is nothing in HDMI. The cable can transfer any sort of video, its good enough for audio.
DTS is also lower in CPU usage; the format does not do as much calculation to compress as Dolby Digital, thus the high bit-rate.
If someone has compatible device, DTS remain a better format. (Which exclude me, HTIB only properly support Dolby Digital ).

Hmm, good talk. I read somewhere in Hydrogenaudio forum, those fellas talking about DTS vs Dolby. There was an ex-dolby engineers who explains, it takes DTS upto 1500Kbps to match with 640Kbps Dolby encode. DTS has slight edge vs Dolby in the end but it needs more than double of bitrate to win.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Hmm, good talk. I read somewhere in Hydrogenaudio forum, those fellas talking about DTS vs Dolby. There was an ex-dolby engineers who explains, it takes DTS upto 1500Kbps to match with 640Kbps Dolby encode. DTS has slight edge vs Dolby in the end but it needs more than double of bitrate to win.
And he was right. DTS uses less intensive compression techniques, but this is better in realtime encoding, as in DTS connect. Bandwidth is available. No need for super efficient encodes, but high speed is better.
Dolby Digital transmission in spdif uses same bitrate as DTS. The rate is increased by adding zeros at frame ends. I'm quite sure this process is still in use in HDMI.

what driver should we use before starting any modding for making enhancer work.should we install generic UAD or the default HDA (for those motherboard which didn't got any upgrade to UAD from manufacture and stuck with HDA driver and for my case its FF03).
thanks

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
what driver should we use before starting any modding for making enhancer work.should we install generic UAD or the default HDA (for those motherboard which didn't got any upgrade to UAD from manufacture and stuck with HDA driver and for my case its FF03).
thanks
Stock driver with no enhancer if available or Microsoft HD audio driver.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
in FX configarator??
then i believe i have to uninstall the sonic studio 2
am i correct??
No, just save settings then start apply effects. The app might still be useful for jack retasking.

Satrell

1. No way, no real need to fix. If gaming, some games do not output 5.1; check game settings.
2. No, DDP encoder is unavailable, and also HDMI ARC usually doesn't support DDP. Check for HDMI eARC, the new version of ARC, if the soundbar supports that.
3. No, the problem is that you are passing through TV. Most TVs do not expose support for Atmos. Check for that. Or provide the model.

If possible, try to connect directly to soundbar.

Got myself Rear Speakers and an optical cable. Running with 5.1 now and it works great with the aforementioned setup.
The "Lag" is gone now.

However, still cannot get Dolby Access to recognize my setup as compatible.

Any Ideas how I could?

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Got myself Rear Speakers and an optical cable. Running with 5.1 now and it works great with the aforementioned setup.
The "Lag" is gone now.

However, still cannot get Dolby Access to recognize my setup as compatible.

Any Ideas how I could?
Dolby Atmos, the format, is not compatible with spdif.
You need direct HDMI connection with soundbar to use Atmos.
ARC also can be incompatible.

@ador250
is your uad MOD with NH3 is compatible with motherboard which didn't got any UAD upgrade from manufacturer and is stuck with HDA driver.

Cooling NZXT Kraken X61
Software Windows 10 Pro
DTS need different .inf configuration..but u can't active both dolby and dts at the same time in nvidia inf, it's either dolby or dts...I prefer dolby bcoz wide compatibility + less bandwidth (640Kbps) and latency. DTS has high bandwidth (upto 1500Kbps) thus high latency and more stress on HDMI cable, u really need a good quality hdmi cable for seamless data transfering.

Yes, u can do same mod to activate DHTv4 in realtek uad .inf file. Here is the diff between realtek uad generic vs dhtv4 mod, look at the code [SourceDisksFiles] section, those 15 files u need to install the mod, u will find this files in here (uad files), here (realtek uwp control panel) and here (dolby files). Put those 15 files in same folder and create a text file named as say "HDXRT_DHTv4.inf" and copy/paste the whole modded codes from above. Then uninstall current realtek driver , restart pc in disable driver signature enforcement mode and install the modded driver and uwp control panel. @whitelightning

Hello,

Thank you for the extensive guide. I am working on it atm, but i found out that i am unable to get those dolby files. it asks for a username and password , which i do not have. they are also not mentioned on that page.

Hello,

Thank you for the extensive guide. I am working on it atm, but i found out that i am unable to get those dolby files. it asks for a username and password , which i do not have. they are also not mentioned on that page.

user pass both : rsload.net

@ador250
is your uad MOD with NH3 is compatible with motherboard which didn't got any UAD upgrade from manufacturer and is stuck with HDA driver.

Yes. My UAD mod works fine on Legacy HDA supported chips.

Cooling NZXT Kraken X61
Software Windows 10 Pro
@ador250 Somehow i have a problem with the Nvidia drivers you modded. The dolby settings no longer appear in the properties tab. Do you have any idea how i can solve this ?

@ador250 Somehow i have a problem with the Nvidia drivers you modded. The dolby settings no longer appear in the properties tab. Do you have any idea how i can solve this ?

Currently I have no way to debug and test it bcoz my pc and tv is in different room, quite far from my room (the properties tab only appear if u actually plug hdmi to tv). I would have check it and fix it long ago if I had direct access to my tv. By the way which inf u used, the diffcheck one or github ? theoretically both of them r same, it just different way to make things works, at least on paper.

Cooling NZXT Kraken X61
Software Windows 10 Pro
Currently I have no way to debug and test it bcoz my pc and tv is in different room, quite far from my room (the properties tab only appear if u actually plug hdmi to tv). I would have check it and fix it long ago if I had direct access to my tv. By the way which inf u used, the diffcheck one or github ? theoretically both of them r same, it just different way to make things works, at least on paper.

I have tried the one from github. Oh well , too bad. dont worry , my loss. Thanks for your help anyways!

-edit- Something strange! Ive modded a different driver and it does show the dolby stuff. .inf's are identical except the driver string.

Last edited: