• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for CPU multiplier setting

wk_tpu

Hi,

I am looking for the location for the CPU clock multiplier setting in Windows 7. On my laptop I just discover it is stuck to x34 for a theorical x26 when the 4 cores are activated.

I remember having played with something like this but cannot remember how...no comment !

ThrottleStop alows me to revert back to normality but only when it is running (ie. x26 to x34 depending on the number of active core).

Does anyone knows where is Windows 7 storing the settings to limit the available CPU multiplier range ?

Regards,
Walter

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Does anyone knows where is Windows 7 storing the settings to limit the available CPU multiplier range ?
In all versions of Windows, the only control over the CPU multiplier is through the Power Options settings.

1608836627778.png

The Maximum processor state should always be 100%. For the High Performance or Ultimate Performance profiles, the Minimum processor state will also be 100%. For the Balanced profile, the default Minimum is 5%. This setting allows your CPU to slow down when idle.