• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anne Pro 2 Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The Anne Pro 2 is not a new keyboard, but holds up well against recently released 60% keyboards, and does some things better. Offering plenty of switch and color options, wired and wireless connectivity, software and onboard customization, full RGB backlighting, and good build quality at a sub-$100 price point, what's keeping you from clicking to read more?

Show full review

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Please review the Wooting 2 analog keyboard... I hear analog has come a long way these days and enhances the gaming experience too...

System Name Big-Bertha-3.1.
Processor Ryzen 2700x 4.2ghz oc.
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus x470 Ultra gaming.
Cooling LiqTech II (360m) White.
Memory Geil Evo X 16gb ddr4 3200mhz.
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gtx 1070 8gb.
Storage 500gb ssd and 1tb hdd, who cares honestly about storage.
Display(s) LG UltraGear 27GL83A-B (g-sync 144hz 1440p) (Main)/ 2x BenQ GW2265.
Case Lian Li pc 0-11 dynamic white.
Audio Device(s) Headset Dac/Amp : Creative Sound BlasterX G6. Headset Dac/Amp 2 : Fx-audio DAC-X6.
Power Supply Corsair RM750X white.
Mouse Glorious Model O - Pink custom cable.
Keyboard Custom keyboard: ID80 - Tealios v2 67g (Krytox 205g0) - Domikey Sa Keycap Set: Showa keycaps.
Software Windows 10 pro
I have had the Anne pro 2 for a year or so, Great keyboard overall.
+ I would much rather spent the extra on a Anne pro 2 then a on a RK61 Keyboard.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Please review the Wooting 2 analog keyboard... I hear analog has come a long way these days and enhances the gaming experience too...
I have the Wooting 2 Lekker Edition on the way, currently stuck on a ship in the Netherlands :D

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
I also did some input delay testing of this keyboard myself.

Mind you my method is nothing scientifically perfect. I used this website: https://www.justpark.com/creative/reaction-time-test/

Doing a total of 12 runs per keyboard and removing the 2 worst results.

The three keyboards I tested were the Razer Huntsman mini, Anne Pro 2, Fnatic miniStreak.

From best to worst results:

Razer Huntsman mini (202ms)
Anne Pro 2 (206ms)
Fnatic mimiStreak (207ms)

Do note these numbers include the total reaction time, which includes the keyboard's latency, my computer's latency, and my human latency (my average reaction time is 198ms on Human benchmark).

I also threw in a random keyboard (iGK64), which got a result of 256ms. That's an optical keyboard to boot. Just goes to show you that there can be a big differnce between products sometimes. I notice all the above keyboards were a tad more responsive in gaming than the iGK64.

System Name Graphics Card Free...
Processor Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX Wifi
Cooling Cryorig M9a w/ BeQuiet! PureWings 2 ~ 92mm
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200 ~ 16GB(2x8GB)
Storage Samsung EVO 870 SSD - 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2
Case Cardboard...
Power Supply eVGA SuperNova 550w G3
Mouse Logitech t400 Zone Touch Mouse
Keyboard IBM Model "M" Keyboard
Software Manjaro ~ KDE Plasma
Benchmark Scores She's a Runner!
Having "attempted" to own two of these, I have a comment or two about them...:).

I wanted a small 60% keyboard so I was just going to grab a cheap RK 61, when I noticed the Anne Pro 2. I started checking them out and for the price they seemed like a "pretty good bang for the buck" mechanical keyboard, so I ordered one up.

The first one I ordered, the charging cable was bad, so I had to replace it. After finally getting it to take a charge I noticed there was kind of a high pitched noise in the room that wasn't there before. I have tinnitus(ringing in the ears) that can be set off by some electrical equipment. I couldn't believe there was any electrical components on a keyboard that could emit a high pitched whine noise, but it did have bluetooth so I took a closer look and also started to do some research. Turns out this is a well known problem with these keyboards AND there was actually a firmware fix available to get rid of the high pitched noise, albeit it in Chinese. After playing around with it for awhile, I finally got the firmware installed and I have to admit...it did change the pitch of the noise, but it was still evident so I got myself a replacement. Only to be hit with one that was worse than the first. I ended up sending that one packing as well.

By this time(I was getting a little fed up) I had also been researching wired 87 key TKL's as a possible solution...and at the end of the day I nabbed an ikbc 87 key with silent red Cherry MX switches and never looked back.

Still like the Anne Pro 2 though, for the price it's a solid choice for a 60% mechanical keyboard. Although, I still can't believe these(or any keyboard) could have a high pitched noise coming out of them. I guess if you're not susceptible to those things, or if you get one that doesn't have that problem...you're good to go.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Last edited:

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
So weird, I can't say I have ever had that issue across the 100+ keyboards I've had in my hands. Thanks for sharing that information, and yeah the iKBC TKL boards are fantastic!

System Name Gen2
Processor Ryzen R9 5950X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Viii Hero Wifi
Cooling Lian Li 360 Galahad
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 64gb @ 3600 Mhz CL14-13-13-24 1T @ 1.45V
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 6900 XT Nitro+
Storage Seagate 520 1TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB + lots of HDD's
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G7
Case Lian Li PC-O11D XL White
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex SE Platinum 1000W
Mouse Xenics Titan GX Air Wireless
Keyboard Kemove Snowfox 61
Software Main: Gentoo+Arch + Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Have tried but can't beat the leaders :)
I am not an keyboard enthusiast but when I was searching for 60% keyboard, anne pro 2 came up and have to check it up. But during my search, I came across with Kemove Snowfox 61. Same size as anne pro 2, but spec wise, it is more updated that anne pro 2. Bluetooth 5.1 and switchable switches. Anyway, I am having this for less than a week now and I got used to size. I am sure there are more better keyboard out there but I am happy with my new keyboard :)