• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Android X86 Club

I have wait for 1-2 hours for first stage setup runtimes, before then it turned off by itself, when I turn it on, still the same process, before then it turned off again.
Which version are you using?

EDIT:
This is the one I've been playing around with and it seems the more stable version;

bpm

a bit oft to know my problem and what i tried before i found this board.

i want to run sky go (or sky x) on my chromebook (https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B08DBDFL9V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)

this was working until december. but sky decided to prevent the app to run on chromeOS. since then i am struggling around.
with much searching i was able to get it running on my rooted phone again (even magisk hide was not enought. but with app manager it is possible)

on my chromebook (everything is tried with qemukvm) i tried this variants:
win 10 => not enought power. got it running but only for a few minutes until it stopped
win 7 => aureo theme needed => not possible to get it running within qemu
win 8.1 => got it running but just a few more minutes then with windows 10
===========================================================
here i changed the way to go, got it running on the rooted phone and thought this have to be possible with android x86 in qemu too.

but it is really hard to get startet.
tried bliss os with gearbox. but not able to install magisk. got "no internet connection" when i hit install magisk in gearbox (if bliss is booted the intrenet within is working fine)

tried a few other android x86 forks but always stuck on any other point.
in some it installes fine, but no input was recogniced on the gui.
other does not even install (error installing grub)

i dont really have linux know-how and so i have no experience with qemu too.
but i am a java developer since 20 years and so i thinik i have a basic it-knowhow ;-)

could anybody show me the right direction?
in best case an android-x86 (or fork) iso with magisk preinstalled.

not possible for me to find something like this by google.

could anybody show me the right direction?
I would try the following if you can get it to install;
The is latest release of the AndroidX86 fork of LineageOS. It's my daily driver for a Dell E6230 and performs perfectly, so that HP you linked should run smoothly if it'll install.
(Sorry for the delayed response, I was never notified of your post or would have offered some help, maybe this will still be of assistance? :toast:)

@Everyone
AndroidX86 has two new versions currently

The above mentioned 14.1R5 release of LineageOS and 8.1R6.

I've tested both and the LineageOS release seems the more stable of the two across multiple platforms(laptop/desktop).

abronola

Hi,
I just joined hoping I could get some help here regarding my HP Pro Tablet 601 G1.
I'm trying to run android-x86 on it. I tried all the CM-x86 builds already and the regular Android-x86 builds upto the latest. The major issue I have is the slowness. All the CM builds and Android-x86 version 7 and up have the same slowness issue. The only version that works smoothly is the Android-x86-6.0-r3 (it runs so very snappy no lags at all). However, the power buttons, the brightness, the audio/volumes doesn't work and the Google play keep crashing. So, I wonder if the builds slowness issue on the recent builds is something todo with the GPU manipulation feature and if it is how do we disable it?

By the way, I have these in my grub.cfg. without nomodeset xforcevesa, it won't boot. (that's not needed though on Android 6).

linux /Android/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive nomodeset xforcevesa DATA=
initrd /Android/initrd.img

Thanks for the help in advance.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718256

Hi,
I just joined hoping I could get some help here regarding my HP Pro Tablet 601 G1.
I'm trying to run android-x86 on it. I tried all the CM-x86 builds already and the regular Android-x86 builds upto the latest. The major issue I have is the slowness. All the CM builds and Android-x86 version 7 and up have the same slowness issue. The only version that works smoothly is the Android-x86-6.0-r3 (it runs so very snappy no lags at all). However, the power buttons, the brightness, the audio/volumes doesn't work and the Google play keep crashing. So, I wonder if the builds slowness issue on the recent builds is something todo with the GPU manipulation feature and if it is how do we disable it?

By the way, I have these in my grub.cfg. without nomodeset xforcevesa, it won't boot. (that's not needed though on Android 6).

linux /Android/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.selinux=permissive nomodeset xforcevesa DATA=
initrd /Android/initrd.img

Thanks for the help in advance.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718256

Have you tried 4.4R5? It is possible that the tablet in question is just to slow to run the latest versions of AndroidX86 well.

BTW, welcome to TPU!

System Name BarnacleMan
Processor 14700KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite Ax DDR5
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 + P12 Max Fans
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury Beast
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 4090 24GB
Storage 4TB sn850x, 2TB sn850x, 2TB Netac Nv7000 + 2TB p5 plus, 4TB MX500 * 2 = 18TB. Plus dvd burner.
Display(s) Dell 23.5" 1440P IPS panel
Case Lian Li LANCOOL II MESH Performance Mid-Tower
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z623
Power Supply Gigabyte 850w
Very interesting. I did not know this existed. And I'm amazed by such high compatibility. I mean I knew you could emulate android pretty competently. But to have it run native like that I imagine would be a world's difference in performance.... it must be if you guys are running it on such old hardware.

So is there an element of emulation still there for apps assuming that they are running on arm or how does that work?

But to have it run native like that I imagine would be a world's difference in performance.... it must be if you guys are running it on such old hardware.
The performance is great! Runs everything I care about very well. Granted, some games & apps from the store don't run, but that is a minor quibble given that most do. On more modern hardware, the performance is better than ANYTHING ARM has to offer.

For example, on an i9-9800X with a GTX 1070ti and 32GB of RAM, if an app/game will run, it'll run freaky fast.

So is there an element of emulation still there for apps assuming that they are running on arm or how does that work?
Nope, no emulation. Remember, Android is Linux with a custom shell. Google creates the code to be compiled and plugging an X86/X64 kernel into it is not so difficult. The difficulty comes with making sure the software can seamlessly interact with the hardware presented, and it's getting better all the time..

Last edited:
Update, a new version of BlissOS 14 is out!
Link as always to the OpenGApps version;
This ISO can be used for either a fresh install or to upgrade a standing install. To upgrade choose not to format the drive and the installer will detect the current install and ask if you want to upgrade.
Works like a charm, fixes a few bugs and one glitch that cause a soft-restart.

HMTheBoy154

Hi, thanks for the shout out, glad that you like what we're doing here :). However, there are some edit I'd like the OP to have:
- Instead of listing SourceForge link of each version, please give the link to the project site. The website explains what's inside of each builds (14/15/16/Zenith & Generic/Go/Surface) which can avoid confusion for the newcomers.
- Zenith different from 16 is that Zenith will use latest stable Linux kernel instead of LTS kernel like the other builds. Also it will be based on the latest BlissOS version too so if we release BlissOS 17 based on Android 14, it will be on 17.
- Our group (or more like an organization) is called BlissLabs
- For CPU, it's not that generally any Intel CPU is supported and only ZEN based AMD CPUs are supported. BlissOS require CPUs that are on x86_64-v2 Microarchitecture level. For more info, you can check out the Documentation
- For GPU, we do support AMD integrated graphics.... and that thing is better than Nvidia right now imo. Nvidia GPUs got the poorest support as it's currently using the nouveau driver. Things might get better in the future with the Turing and newer series, but currently I'd recommend using Intel or AMD graphics right now (except Intel dGPU, we haven't tested that yet).

Hi, thanks for the shout out, glad that you like what we're doing here :).
Cool. Welcome to TPU and this club!

However, there are some edit I'd like the OP to have:
Not a great way to start out though.. I'll try not to take it personally. You'll notice that the name of this thread is called the "Android X86 Club", not the BlissOS Club. You folks were not the first to do Android on X86/X64 hardware and will not be the last. The OP will continue to be formatted as I see fit. You folks are welcome to participate and contribute. You are not welcome to dictate terms.

- Instead of listing SourceForge link of each version, please give the link to the project site. The website explains what's inside of each builds (14/15/16/Zenith & Generic/Go/Surface) which can avoid confusion for the newcomers.
Going to continue linking directly to the images I personally test as I don't want to send visitors of this thread off looking for something that I didn't recommend/test myself. It's just how it's going to go. That said, won't be discouraging anyone from visiting that page either. I do like how clean the new page format is, very different from the way it was last time I visited. Much improved!

- Zenith different from 16 is that Zenith will use latest stable Linux kernel instead of LTS kernel like the other builds. Also it will be based on the latest BlissOS version too so if we release BlissOS 17 based on Android 14, it will be on 17.
That is surprisingly good info to know. I figured it was something to do with the kernel, but wasn't sure and didn't want to comment information that might be incorrect.

- Our group (or more like an organization) is called BlissLabs
Also good to know.

- For CPU, it's not that generally any Intel CPU is supported and only ZEN based AMD CPUs are supported. BlissOS require CPUs that are on x86_64-v2 Microarchitecture level.
And again, good info to know!

For more info, you can check out the Documentation
Nice, very handy. Had no idea it was even there. As mentioned above, it's been a while since I've been to the main Bliss website. It used to be a very disjointed mess. For that reason, I'd been avoiding it for a few years in favor of the SourceForge site and the AndroidFileHost.com pages. Much better now!

- For GPU, we do support AMD integrated graphics.... and that thing is better than Nvidia right now imo. Nvidia GPUs got the poorest support as it's currently using the nouveau driver. Things might get better in the future with the Turing and newer series, but currently I'd recommend using Intel or AMD graphics right now (except Intel dGPU, we haven't tested that yet).
My experience has been different. I've have not issues with Intel and NVidia and headaches with Radeon. Might still be some work to do.

The Nouveau drivers have been trouble free and have worked on nearly everything I've thrown at them. Quadro's are hit & miss, but the main Geforce lineup from the 400's on up have been perfect, the only exception being Vulkan support, but that's a known issue.

The MESA drivers have likewise been trouble free. Not one Intel model has failed to provide good performance. Like the Geforce mentioned above, Vulkan support is not there, but that is also not unexpected.

The few Radeon GPU's I have don't seem to work to well or very stable, so I generally avoid them for AndroidX86 testing. Will have to try again soon as your statement has intrigued me.

HMTheBoy154

Not a great way to start out though.. I'll try not to take it personally. You'll notice that the name of this thread is called the "Android X86 Club", not the BlissOS Club. You folks were not the first to do Android on X86/X64 hardware and will not be the last. The OP will continue to be formatted as I see fit. You folks are welcome to participate and contribute. You are not welcome to dictate terms.
Sorry what I mean is that I would like to edit the part that is related to BlissOS only, not the whole OP. I don't have the intention of dictating any terms, if my English is hard to understand then I'd like to apology that too.

My experience has been different. I've have not issues with Intel and NVidia and headaches with Radeon. Might still be some work to do.

The Nouveau drivers have been trouble free and have worked on nearly everything I've thrown at them. Quadro's are hit & miss, but the main Geforce lineup from the 400's on up have been perfect, the only exception being Vulkan support, but that's a known issue.

The MESA drivers have likewise been trouble free. Not one Intel model has failed to provide good performance. Like the Geforce mentioned above, Vulkan support is not there, but that is also not unexpected.

The few Radeon GPU's I have don't seem to work to well or very stable, so I generally avoid them for AndroidX86 testing. Will have to try again soon as your statement has intrigued me.
May I ask what the list of GPUs you've tested ? You mentioned Gerforce 400+ which mean you have a card in Fermi family ? I don't have an Nvidia card that was that old though, I only have an GTX 1660S to test the GSP Firmware so hearing this is interersting.

As for the Radeon, I would like to hear about those too. It's pretty surprising that they are not as reliable as running on an Nvidia GPU with nouveau.

By way of an edit The newest version of BlissOS 14(14.10.3 - 2024-9-16) is up and fixes a problem with the KernelSU app and settings, link follows;

Sorry what I mean is that I would like to edit the part that is related to BlissOS only, not the whole OP. I don't have the intention of dictating any terms, if my English is hard to understand then I'd like to apology that too.
Fair enough. I'll put it in the OP for reference.

I'll respond to your other comments later as you caught me on a busy day.