• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TinHiFi T2 Evo In-Ear Monitors

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
TinHiFi is back, and this time with a new entry to its popular T2 "Tank" lineup. The new T2 Evo goes back to a machined aluminium body of good build quality and lots of nice accessories for the price, but has a tuning that is hit or miss depending on your specific music taste.

Show full review

Processor 5900x
Motherboard Crosshair 8 Impact
Cooling Air
Memory Hynix C-Die 3200MHz @CL14
Video Card(s) 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Case Something that protects my innards
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX gen2
Come on it's not a particularly sensitive driver and it's been years since the original Tin series. Linsoul, why not just include the 2.5mm balanced cable as standard? Or at least give it as an option. It's such an extra cost for these and this levels these $50 IEMs with $70-$80 ones which do come with a 2.5mm balanced cable option because the cables cost so much.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Come on it's not a particularly sensitive driver and it's been years since the original Tin series. Linsoul, why not just include the 2.5mm balanced cable as standard? Or at least give it as an option. It's such an extra cost for these and this levels these $50 IEMs with $70-$80 ones which do come with a 2.5mm balanced cable option because the cables cost so much.
Not sure what Linsoul has to do with this, TinHiFi is an independent brand. But your comments are valuable nonetheless

Processor 5900x
Cooling Air
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Not sure what Linsoul has to do with this, TinHiFi is an independent brand. But your comments are valuable nonetheless
Oh, are they? I've been eyeing them as my next outside IEM for a year or so and all their listings online are as Linsoul TIN T2 or alike. I hadn't thought of them as separate brands as a result. From these news I now presume TinHIFI just utilizes Linsoul's store fronts then; is that correct?

Edit: On these news! I've moved on to find out that this is indeed the case and Linsoul is basically a storefront to begin with, for lots more brands! This has rendered my comment rather moot though, as they have tons more on their own website than on Amazon or alike; including what I was wishing for! So I leave happy :)

Last edited:
Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Oh, are they? I've been eyeing them as my next outside IEM for a year or so and all their listings online are as Linsoul TIN T2 or alike. I hadn't thought of them as separate brands as a result. From these news I now presume TinHIFI just utilizes Linsoul's store fronts then; is that correct?

Edit: On these news! I've moved on to find out that this is indeed the case and Linsoul is basically a storefront to begin with, for lots more brands! This has rendered my comment rather moot though, as they have tons more on their own website than on Amazon or alike; including what I was wishing for! So I leave happy :)
Yeah, Linsoul is just using SEO to get its own name on the various brands listed online. It's a distributor first and foremost, but does own a few brands such as ThieAudio, HarmonicDyne, and possibly also Tripowin, while being their exclusive distributor for a few others.

Processor 5900x
Cooling Air
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
Yeah, Linsoul is just using SEO to get its own name on the various brands listed online. It's a distributor first and foremost, but does own a few brands such as ThieAudio, HarmonicDyne, and possibly also Tripowin, while being their exclusive distributor for a few others.

You know what; this discussion aside. Your review steered me away from these a bit. So I wanted to come back and thank you for specifying that their tuning might not be to the liking of somebody who'd enjoy the mid frequencies the most. Weird that not one other reviewer of these mentioned this. I think the reason why the T2s are so liked is because of their rather suppressed lower range response. This must make them scream of clarity but also harshness.

Ever since I started to explore more into the high end headphone market, my aging IEMs (pair of Sennheisers, Cx300-II, I know not even a comparison) have stayed more and more in the drawer due to their exaggarated low end response and the resulting lack of mids. Maybe it's just a dead end to search for the same midrange response in such a small, closed-back setting, and not wanting to give another few hundreds at the same time.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
CCA C10 in the near future please!
I have a couple of KZ (ZEX) and CCA IEMs here, although it's the CCA CA24 instead. Hope that suffices!

You know what; this discussion aside. Your review steered me away from these a bit. So I wanted to come back and thank you for specifying that their tuning might not be to the liking of somebody who'd enjoy the mid frequencies the most. Weird that not one other reviewer of these mentioned this. I think the reason why the T2s are so liked is because of their rather suppressed lower range response. This must make them scream of clarity but also harshness.

Ever since I started to explore more into the high end headphone market, my aging IEMs (pair of Sennheisers, Cx300-II, I know not even a comparison) have stayed more and more in the drawer due to their exaggarated low end response and the resulting lack of mids. Maybe it's just a dead end to search for the same midrange response in such a small, closed-back setting, and not wanting to give another few hundreds at the same time.
Depending on your budget and tuning preference, there are a few nice options coming up as well. I'd suggest taking a look at my measurement database: VSG.squig.link, and seeing what kind of tuning you are looking for. Also note that there are a few different TinHiFi T2 series IEMs, with the T2 Plus being the popular one. There's a new T3 Plus which supposedly does well too.

Processor 5900x
Cooling Air
Storage Lots
Display(s) Many
VSG.squig.link
That's a great source! Thank you for that. I'd list this under the databases dropdown in the main TPU page :)

I have a couple of KZ (ZEX) and CCA IEMs here, although it's the CCA CA24 instead. Hope that suffices!
Well the zex are a bust that really not many people like and CA24 are basically the Cadillac with their price range. It would be nice to see IEM's that are feature rich - yet still affordable. Which is why I've asked about the C10 - that have been recommended for the longest time. But I understand that you guys have to review what sells these days or like moondrops etc. Oh well..

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Well the zex are a bust that really not many people like and CA24 are basically the Cadillac with their price range. It would be nice to see IEM's that are feature rich - yet still affordable. Which is why I've asked about the C10 - that have been recommended for the longest time. But I understand that you guys have to review what sells these days or like moondrops etc. Oh well..
No, it's more that those were the ones provided. Although I've since gotten the CCA CA16 Pro as well.