• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Redragon K599 Deimos Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The Redragon K599 Deimos takes a 65% form factor as the base and extends it to allow for 70 keys and increased keycap compatibility in a small footprint. It also provides onboard and software customization in addition to 2.4 GHz wireless connectivity and long battery life, paired with plenty of RGB lighting.

Show full review

Processor AMD R5 3600
Motherboard ASUS X370 Prime Pro
Memory 32GB (4x8GB) Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3000Mhz C15 @ 3600Mhz C16
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6 FE
Storage 4x 1TB SSD
Display(s) Benq XL2411Z 144Hz + Asus VS24H
Case Corsair 270R
Audio Device(s) Yamaha AG03 + Rode Procaster
Power Supply Corsair AX 650W 90+ Gold
Mouse Logitech G Pro Superlight
Keyboard KBD67 Lite R3 (Gazzew Boba U4 + AKKO Midnight)
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Windows 10 Pro 64bit
Good review, do you think you can start testing latency for some of these keyboards?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Good review, do you think you can start testing latency for some of these keyboards?
We've discussed it many times internally, and the reliable methods that merit doing this end up costing more than economically feasible unfortunately. It's not like companies are interested to help with tools for keyboard reviews.

The review is nice as always, but I would also mention that the LEDs being on top of the board makes it impossible to use switches that don't have a cutout for them. And other switches are an option, if you trim the pins a bit. I fitted mine with Gateron Blacks.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
The review is nice as always, but I would also mention that the LEDs being on top of the board makes it impossible to use switches that don't have a cutout for them. And other switches are an option, if you trim the pins a bit. I fitted mine with Gateron Blacks.
Trimming down the pins nearly defeats the hot-swappable socket application, very few people will do it.

Trimming down the pins nearly defeats the hot-swappable socket application, very few people will do it.
Not really. It expands your switch options. Why should you limit yourself to only one type of switch just because the manufacturer chose to use crap sockets? And if I'm already lubing switches it really doesn't cost me that much time to trim the pins. It takes very little time to trim 70 switches. And the switches are still usable in other sockets.

laotan

I just got one as well - white k630 rgb.

Really nice board, and reasonably priced.

The stabs are ok from the box IMO, did tape mod + foam mod and am really happy with how it looks and feels.

Came from a cheap MX cherry blue board and it is like night and day.

Last edited by a moderator: