• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

3060ti 8gb vs 3060 12gb

Status
Not open for further replies.
System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Pro X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) A whole bunch OLED, VA, IPS.....
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
Why is this thread still going? It's not even on topic anymore..

It's the never ending debate kinda like quadcores, 8GB vs 16Gb of system ram, Amd vs Nvidia. :slap:

I was kinda surprised it got revived as well.

Last edited:
Processor Intel i7 11700F
Motherboard Asrock B560 Pro4
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 500 GB NVMe
Display(s) BenQ XL2411P
Case MSI MAG Forge 100R
Power Supply XFX Pro Series 750W
x60 has never been entry level. x30 is where the entry level really is. The fact that nvidia has recently forgotten about it (like AMD did long ago) doesn't change the fact. The 3060 gives you solid 1440p (or 1080p maxed out) gaming. Hell, even the 3050 does with some compromise and/or DLSS. I'd say this perfectly describes what mid-tier means.

This I agree with. I'm still more than happy with my 2070, and cannot grasp what the fuss around 12 GB VRAM is about on similar level of cards.
For the longest time a 60 card is an entry gaming card. Dont confuse an entry gaming card with an entry card... my whole comment is about gaming GPUs. Anything below the 60s can typically be matched with a cheap mid tier from the previous gen (not cheap anymore these days I know). 30 cards are literally the trash for office pcs that want to claim they have a dedicated gpu, never have I seen a 30-50 series game acceptably. 60 series game acceptably for high res latest gen games of their era, thus it should be considered the entry level for gaming setups. Let's call it enthusiast entry level.

Entry level is anything above integrated graphics level of cards, and X30-x50 falls into that range. X60-X70 are the dedicated gamer cards, historically.
Exactly my point though. Entry level for a gaming setup is not the same as entry level for a regular office PC or wtv. 60s were always the bare minimum any proper gamer is willing to go for. Below that you're buying trash and you know it. Thus I (and many others) call this tier "gaming entry level".

i have no temps problem on this card on this case, i never seen it go past 72c

in what world do you live that games came optimized? certainly not mine, most games are a mess this days, reality is just what it is.
If you got an LHR v1 card and you see core temps (hotspot I hope?) Of 72C, you're most likely running the mems at 90+. Sadly nvidia cheaps out on sensors too so we can't know without a custom sensor. LHR v1 Hynix mems are cheap af and cant handle those temps steadily long term, nor can they handle overclock. Lhr v2 hynix are OK, they handle as much OC as samsungs but if I'm not mistaken they are still not able to cope with temps as high as samsung and miron can.
Was just a suggestion anyway, problems that only happen after running something for a while tend to be related to long term unstable temps.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
If you got an LHR v1 card and you see core temps (hotspot I hope?) Of 72C, you're most likely running the mems at 90+. Sadly nvidia cheaps out on sensors too so we can't know without a custom sensor. LHR v1 Hynix mems are cheap af and cant handle those temps steadily long term, nor can they handle overclock. Lhr v2 hynix are OK, they handle as much OC as samsungs but if I'm not mistaken they are still not able to cope with temps as high as samsung and miron can.
Was just a suggestion anyway, problems that only happen after running something for a while tend to be related to long term unstable temps.

Your just making crazy claims, the card run CP77 for hours maxed. This is a VRAM issue, i can see it went over the limit.

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
For the longest time a 60 card is an entry gaming card. Dont confuse an entry gaming card with an entry card... my whole comment is about gaming GPUs. Anything below the 60s can typically be matched with a cheap mid tier from the previous gen (not cheap anymore these days I know). 30 cards are literally the trash for office pcs that want to claim they have a dedicated gpu, never have I seen a 30-50 series game acceptably. 60 series game acceptably for high res latest gen games of their era, thus it should be considered the entry level for gaming setups. Let's call it enthusiast entry level.
My GT 1030 got offended. I'm not saying that it plays the latest games. I'm saying that it produces acceptable framerates in age-appropriate titles with reduced graphical settings. This is what entry-level means.

I'm always puzzled when someone thinks "Ultra" is the only graphics option and anything below 60 FPS is unacceptable / office PC category. With this logic, consoles fit the office PC category too.

Edit: Also, why would an office PC need a GT 1030 (or even a GT 730)?

Last edited:
Processor 7800X3D 2x16GB CO
Motherboard Asrock B650m HDV
Cooling Peerless Assassin SE
Memory 2x16GB DR A-die@6000c30 tuned
Video Card(s) Asus 4070 dual OC 2610@915mv
Storage WD blue 1TB nvme
Display(s) Lenovo G24-10 144Hz
Case Corsair D4000 Airflow
Power Supply EVGA GQ 650W
Software Windows 10 home 64
Benchmark Scores Superposition 8k 5267 Aida64 58.5ns
It's the never ending debate kinda like quadcores, 8GB vs 16Gb of system ram, Amd vs Nvidia. :slap:

I was kinda surprised it got revived as well.
It only applies to 8 vs 16gb if you run 8gb at 4000MHz and 16gb at 2133MHz :p I have had both cards and 3060ti is close to 30% faster, but 3060 12gb is nice for dual mining ;)

Last edited:

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Your just making crazy claims, the card run CP77 for hours maxed. This is a VRAM issue, i can see it went over the limit.

If the game slows down over a period of time in a way that other - also very demanding - games doesn't I'd say it's the game.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
If the game slows down over a period of time in a way that other - also very demanding - games doesn't I'd say it's the game.

am i talking but no one listens? it's the V R A M limit

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!

Maybe, but honestly it sounds like it's just one of those unnecessary texture packs for Skyrim that doesn't actually matter and is more an e-peen thing. You can make texture packs that "require" 20GB of VRAM, but ... why would you?

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
i literally own the games and the card. Both games get to a point they get unplayable frame rates, both on 1440p, it doesn't happen imediately, it's after some time of play that triggers it in both games. The rest depends on the settings, if the card can do more why would i disable RT or lower the settings?

I even tried 1080p on FC6 as is just as bad, as you can literally max everything, all ultra, RT on.

You literally said "it doesn't happen imediately, it's after some time of play that triggers it in both games".

I don't understand how @Frick 's comment could come off as not listening.

I think Frick's comment is spot on since you also said that you've played CP2077 hours on end without issues.

When I play extended periods of time on games, even when I ran my 980Ti (looking at you Shadow of Mordor - you maxed out the 6GB VRAM limit on that card), the game ran great and never started to run into unplayable frame rates.

To me, it sounds like the games are not well optimized if it's causing a system to run fine for a while and then start to cause unplayable framerates as time goes on. The game should be dropping and picking up textures as needed into the VRAM. To me, it sounds like it's not doing this very well and starts storing large textures into the system RAM, which can cause noticeable slowdowns if the game continues to dump more and more in the system RAM and not swapping textures out of the VRAM. I could be wrong, but that's kind of what it sounds like is happening....that, or they have a memory leak.

Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) BenQ XL2411P
Case MSI MAG Forge 100R
My GT 1030 got offended. I'm not saying that it plays the latest games. I'm saying that it produces acceptable framerates in age-appropriate titles with reduced graphical settings. This is what entry-level means.

I'm always puzzled when someone thinks "Ultra" is the only graphics option and anything below 60 FPS is unacceptable / office PC category. With this logic, consoles fit the office PC category too.

Edit: Also, why would an office PC need a GT 1030 (or even a GT 730)?
I wouldnt consider anything below 60 fps on minimum settings to be acceptable and for many gens now the 50s and below cant do that on latest gen games of their era. I'm not saying it shoulr be that way, just how it is..

As for your question, plenty use on offices for a low end gpu.. the most common being multi display setups at proper refresh rate!

You guys are acting like the definition of a “gamer” is to not just play games in a serious, dedicated manner, but to also do it at 144Hz and 4K with 10-bit HDR or something. Most people can’t afford or don’t think they need anything beyond decent 1080p, and don’t necessarily need all settings maxed. I’ve known some people turn down a lot of graphics on their older systems so that they could play at high frame rate and stay competitive, and it was fine by them. 144Hz is also just for certain first person shooter type games, for example: you don’t need that for MMOs or strategy games. There are lots of game categories and games that one can play competitively that don’t need the latest and greatest hardware, like LoL, Magic Arena, etc, etc.

Many gamers have no idea how to build and upgrade their computer, or know what parts are good, and lots play on laptops that overheat, and they still don’t do anything about it.

Last edited:
System Name Nebulon B
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
I wouldnt consider anything below 60 fps on minimum settings to be acceptable and for many gens now the 50s and below cant do that on latest gen games of their era. I'm not saying it shoulr be that way, just how it is..
Then you wouldn't consider console gaming acceptable either, yet many people enjoy it around the world. Nothing personal here, but your opinion seems to be coming from a quite snobby point of view. I, for one, can't really tell the difference between 40 and 60 fps, and used to have tons of fun in The Witcher 3 with a 750 Ti at 30 fps, 1080p, medium-high settings.

As for your question, plenty use on offices for a low end gpu.. the most common being multi display setups at proper refresh rate!
Most offices don't need more than 2 monitors that can be driven with an iGPU. If they did, we would see a lot more low-end cards on the market. Refresh rate isn't a concern either. Offices that actually need many monitors, high refresh rate, colour accuracy, etc. won't make do with a lowly GeForce or Radeon. That's what Quadros are for.

That hasn't been the case in years. Most office and workstation computers (I don't mean those with Xeons--in that case very basic GPUs can be used) use integrated graphics and monitors connect to the motherboard. If a bundled motherboard has a single DP output, a splitter can be used. For example, an i3 7100 supports up to a 4K display at 60Hz and up to 3 displays in total.

Last edited:
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Display(s) BenQ XL2411P
Case MSI MAG Forge 100R
That hasn't been the case in years. Most office and workstation computers (I don't mean those with Xeons--in that case very basic GPUs can be used) use integrated graphics and monitors connect to the motherboard. If a bundled motherboard has a single DP output, a splitter can be used. For example, an i3 7100 supports up to a 4K display at 60Hz and up to 3 displays in total.
Can you do 3x 1080p at 144hz? That's the use case I see every day in my field, especially for laptops. Might be outdated knowledge on the companies' side or might be too lazy to work with splitters, but the fact is that I still see people prioritizing either an unnecessarily expensive cpu or just a decent one with dedicated (even if shitty) card.

On the other side of my point, who the actual f enjoys gaming at 30fps? And what 50 card performed better than that on games launched around the same year as the card? I'm yet to see such benchmark and never met a gamer that happily uses a 50 series without constant nagging and complaining. I can't fit a well bellow standard performance product in a "gaming" category, just doesn't add up. The fact they are marketed as gaming gpus doesn't make them gaming gpus. A GPU that can run a 5 yo game maxed is nothing, non-gaming gpus can do that too with older games and they are clearly marketed as not for gaming. I have a 3060Ti, it's clearly a lowish mid tier card making the non-ti an entry tier and the 3050 just a pile of shit. None of this is with ultra settings or the biggest resolution of the era, not even a mid tier can do that with an AAA game launched the same year. Also PC gamers tend to be years behind the latest resolution to prioritize performance with high end cards, which tells you how much performance they are looking for. I'm not including the casual FIFA or F1 player, that's a typical console player that just decided to go for better refresh rate.

I guess you are that person. I'd throw my PC off the window rather than gaming under 60fps. That's completely unnaceptable and well below average. PC gamers dont see consoles as office PCs, at least those you can usually upgrade. Console makers historically never worked for more than 60fps stable since TVs run at 50-60hz anyway. Ofc this is changing but we're talking about the past not the future. It's not because they thought 60 fps is a great goal to aim for. Why do you think the pc vs console war exists? You're clearly ok with console standards, I'm not. Let's all be happy about our diverse opinions and shut up about it ;)

Last edited:
System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
Can you do 3x 1080p at 144hz? That's the use case I see every day in my field, especially for laptops. Might be outdated knowledge on the companies' side or might be too lazy to work with splitters, but the fact is that I still see people prioritizing either an unnecessarily expensive cpu or just a decent one with dedicated (even if shitty) card.

On the other side of my point, who the actual f enjoys gaming at 30fps? And what 50 card performed better than that on games launched around the same year as the card? I'm yet to see such benchmark and never met a gamer that happily uses a 50 series without constant nagging and complaining. I can't fit a well bellow standard performance product in a "gaming" category, just doesn't add up. The fact they are marketed as gaming gpus doesn't make them gaming gpus. A GPU that can run a 5 yo game maxed is nothing, non-gaming gpus can do that too with older games and they are clearly marketed as not for gaming. I have a 3060Ti, it's clearly a lowish mid tier card making the non-ti an entry tier and the 3050 just a pile of shit. None of this is with ultra settings or the biggest resolution of the era, not even a mid tier can do that with an AAA game launched the same year. Also PC gamers tend to be years behind the latest resolution to prioritize performance with high end cards, which tells you how much performance they are looking for. I'm not including the casual FIFA or F1 player, that's a typical console player that just decided to go for better refresh rate.

I guess you are that person. I'd throw my PC off the window rather than gaming under 60fps. That's completely unnaceptable and well below average. PC gamers dont see consoles as office PCs, at least those you can usually upgrade. Console makers historically never worked for more than 60fps stable since TVs run at 50-60hz anyway. Ofc this is changing but we're talking about the past not the future. It's not because they thought 60 fps is a great goal to aim for. Why do you think the pc vs console war exists? You're clearly ok with console standards, I'm not. Let's all be happy about our diverse opinions and shut up about it ;)

You do what you want with your PC and your gaming needs, but don't judge others what they do with theirs and how they enjoy gaming. Not everyone is a graphic whore or needs the best of the best, nor can they afford it. You come off very cynical about what others do and criticize them, only in the end, to say we should all just be quiet and be happy with our own opinions.

I don't care that you like to have 60fps. I don't care if you game on 720p or 4k resolution. Just like you shouldn't care about my experiences you can see below or my brother's experiences....

I ran 5760x1080 with GTX 570s in SLI and I enjoyed my gaming experiences. I adjusted settings down to a mix of low to high (depending on the game) and enjoyed the games I played. When Far Cry 3 was out and I had fun in it, I liked the antagonist in the game, he made the story worthwhile for me. With the mix of settings I used, I was pulling around 40fps with my 570s acros 5760x1080. I ran the cards for a bit over 4 years and they worked great for my needs.

My brother went on to use one of those GTX 570 cards for about 2.5 years after I stopped using them. He used it for his gaming needs and absolutely loved the experience it gave him. He wasn't maxing anything out, but at least we could now play Dying Light because the GTX 280 he was using up until I gave him the 570 wouldn't work with Dying Light, he actually got a message on the screen saying his GPU wasn't supported and the game wouldn't run.

If someone wants to run a 3050 or 3060 or 3090 for their gaming needs, that's fine by me. Enjoy your experience.

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
That must be a very special use case. Most offices need some kind of Office suit (usually Microsoft) and a Web browser running, maybe with some basic virtualisation for added security. Literally any GPU can do that.

On the other side of my point, who the actual f enjoys gaming at 30fps?
I do. So what?

Your opinion is fine, as long as you don't try to present it as universal truth that applies to everybody - which is exactly what you did.

Just because you feel like a x50 series card would be inadequate for your needs (which is OK), it doesn't mean it's below entry-grade stuff.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
The buffer is a placebo and wont up the fps.

Kanan

Tech Enthusiast & Gamer
System Name eazen corp | Xentronon 7.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X // PBO max.
Motherboard Asus TUF Gaming X570-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 w/ AM4 kit // 3x Corsair AF140L case fans (2 in, 1 out)
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 2x16 GB DDR4 3600 @ 3800, CL16-19-19-39-58-1T, 1.4 V
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti modded to MATRIX // 2000-2100 MHz Core / 1938 MHz G6
Storage Silicon Power P34A80 1TB NVME/Samsung SSD 830 128GB&850 Evo 500GB&F3 1TB 7200RPM/Seagate 2TB 5900RPM
Display(s) Samsung 27" Curved FS2 HDR QLED 1440p/144Hz&27" iiyama TN LED 1080p/120Hz / Samsung 40" IPS 1080p TV
Case Corsair Carbide 600C
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Orbit S / Creative SB X AE-5 @ Logitech Z906 / Sony HD AVR @PC & TV @ Teufel Theater 80
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Mouse Logitech G700 @ Steelseries DeX // Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB /w Cherry MX Brown switches
VR HMD Still nope
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 15 095 Time Spy | P29 079 Firestrike | P35 628 3DM11 | X67 508 3DM Vantage Extreme
3060 Ti is easily better, that's the only Nvidia GPU I would buy new atm, all others are even worse. The 3060 has 12 GB, too bad only 4K needs it and it's not a 4K card.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB, 2670MHz, 0.93V
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data), ASUS BW-16D1HT (BluRay)
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White, MODDIY 12VHPWR Cable
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
The 3060ti came up for purchase now. I am now on the fence about buying it because the price including shipping, tax, and 3% discount is actually around $500.

Due to the increased availability of graphics cards, the pricing on the secondary market has come down quite a bit.

The 3060 cost me $425 shipping, tax, and discount. Ideally I'd be able to sell the 3060 for $450 on Craigslist and recoup the cost. I think its likely I can get at least $400 but not sure how much more than that. I don't want to sell on eBay. I'd be content with break even.

One factor to consider is whether the availability will dry up yet again. Another is the next gen series will come out soon. Asus has released press that they will drop prices 25% on the 30 series as well.

Any thoughts?

25% ? i heard about slashing 10% off. But even if it's 25, will they get close to MSRP where you live ? I went for a 3060 Ti too, it was an opened box(resealed) full 3 years warranty and the card was in great shape, brand new looking. I have about 60 days in which to return it. So i will wait it out until May, to see if prices drop more. If not, it will have to last me a long time, at least 3 years as my GTX 1070 Ti did.

System Name Main PC
Processor 13700k
Motherboard Asrock Z690 Steel Legend D4 - Bios 13.02
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S
Memory 32 Gig 3200CL14
Video Card(s) 4080 RTX SUPER FE 16G
Storage 1TB 980 PRO, 2TB SN850X, 2TB DC P4600, 1TB 860 EVO, 2x 3TB WD Red, 2x 4TB WD Red
Display(s) LG 27GL850
Case Fractal Define R4
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster AE-9
Power Supply Antec HCG 750 Gold
Software Windows 10 21H2 LTSC
If you value visual quality, better texture streaming performance and play modern games at capped frame rate, the 3060 12 gig.

Other extreme, if you ok with low quality textures, prefer max frame rate possible, ok with occasional low vram texture streaming stutters, then get the 3060ti.

freeagent

Staff member
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Thermalright Frozen Edge 360, 3x TL-B12 V2, 2x TL-B12 V1
Memory 2x8 G.Skill Trident Z Royal 3200C14, 2x8GB G.Skill Trident Z Black and White 3200 C14
Video Card(s) Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC
Storage WD SN850 1TB, SN850X 2TB, SN770 1TB
Display(s) LG 50UP7100
Case Fractal Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) JBL Bar 700
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1000, Monster HDP1800
Mouse Logitech G502 Hero
Keyboard Logitech G213
VR HMD Oculus 3
Software Yes
Benchmark Scores Yes
That's crazy talk. I game @ 3840x2160 with an 8GB card and it does pretty well. Some games don't like it but most of my games run just fine.. Sliders are usually maxed, but not always. RDR2 is a bit brutal.

System Name Ghetto Rigs z490|x99|Acer 17 Nitro 7840hs/ 5600c40-2x16/ 4060/ 1tb acer stock m.2/ 4tb sn850x
Processor 10900k w/Optimus Foundation | 5930k w/Black Noctua D15
Motherboard z490 Maximus XII Apex | x99 Sabertooth
Cooling oCool D5 res-combo/280 GTX/ Optimus Foundation/ gpu water block | Blk D15
Memory Trident-Z Royal 4000c16 2x16gb | Trident-Z 3200c14 4x8gb
Video Card(s) Titan Xp-water | evga 980ti gaming-w/ air
Storage 970evo+500gb & sn850x 4tb | 860 pro 256gb | Acer m.2 1tb/ sn850x 4tb| Many2.5" sata's ssd 3.5hdd's
Display(s) 1-AOC G2460PG 24"G-Sync 144Hz/ 2nd 1-ASUS VG248QE 24"/ 3rd LG 43" series
Case D450 | Cherry Entertainment center on Test bench
Audio Device(s) Built in Realtek x2 with 2-Insignia 2.0 sound bars & 1-LG sound bar
Power Supply EVGA 1000P2 with APC AX1500 | 850P2 with CyberPower-GX1325U
Mouse Redragon 901 Perdition x3
Keyboard G710+x3
Software Win-7 pro x3 and win-10 & 11pro x3
Benchmark Scores Are in the benchmark section
That's crazy talk. I game @ 3840x2160 with an 8GB card and it does pretty well. Some games don't like it but most of my games run just fine.. Sliders are usually maxed, but not always. RDR2 is a bit brutal.
Hi,
Wild thread here 325 posts now

Funny I saw R2D2 on that last bit :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.