• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS TUF M4 Wireless

pzogel

Reviewer
With the ambidextrous TUF M4 Wireless, ASUS adds a budget option to their wireless roster. Capable of 2.4 GHz or Bluetooth operation, the 62 g M4 Wireless can be used with an AA or AAA-battery. PixArt's 12,000 CPI PAW3311 sensor, a PBT top cover, and pure PTFE feet round things off.

Show full review

Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Stopped reading after the lack of BT LE and the need for a dongle...
And for me too, plus the need for batteries is an automatic no-buy, regardless of size..... :)

System Name AMDream v2.6.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D+TechN AM4, CO-30 all cores
Motherboard Asus Prime B550-Plus w. PCIe USB 3.0/3.1 case connectors card
Cooling 2x240 slim rads, 1x420mm slim rad, 4xEK Vardar Evo RGB, stock case fans
Memory 2x8GB RGB+2x8GB non-RGB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Reference+Alphacool waterblock+Kryosheet
Storage 2TB SK Hynix Platinum P41+Eluteng NVMe heatsink
Display(s) Xiaomi Mi 2k Gaming Monitor 27” (1440p165 IPS)+VESA arm
Case Lian Li Lancool III White ARGB
Audio Device(s) Creative Inspire P380
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Steelseries Rival original (white), Steelseries Qck+ mousepad
Keyboard Keychron K5 (white backlight, blue Gateron Low Profile switches)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Armoury crate (or any asus software, BTW) is enough of a downside that no one should ever buy a single Asus peripheral. I have an Asus mobo, and with OpenRGB+FanControl I don’t have to touch any Asus software, but before knowing those two……….
Basically, if either ai suite or aura or armoury crate didn’t work/install, the only working solution is to do a clean install of W10/11, and there’s no guarantee that they work either. Or at least, it was like that up until 7-8 months ago, when I grew tired of those programs and found some good alternatives.

Armoury crate (or any asus software, BTW) is enough of a downside that no one should ever buy a single Asus peripheral. I have an Asus mobo, and with OpenRGB+FanControl I don’t have to touch any Asus software, but before knowing those two……….
Basically, if either ai suite or aura or armoury crate didn’t work/install, the only working solution is to do a clean install of W10/11, and there’s no guarantee that they work either. Or at least, it was like that up until 7-8 months ago, when I grew tired of those programs and found some good alternatives.
Meh. I don't use any of those software (disabled in the BIOS) and control the RGB of both my ASUS peripherals through OpenRGB, not to mention the rest of my system. Q-Fan in the BIOS, or Argus Monitor, is enough for controlling my case fans.

I can't say anything bad about these peripherals compared to my old Roccat keyboard and Razer mouse. Both of these are MUCH better than what I had, and some software isn't going to stop me from buying what works. Unless it's Razer Synapse. Screw Razer Synapse.

Meh. I don't use any of those software (disabled in the BIOS) and control the RGB of both my ASUS peripherals through OpenRGB, not to mention the rest of my system. Q-Fan in the BIOS, or Argus Monitor, is enough for controlling my case fans.

I can't say anything bad about these peripherals compared to my old Roccat keyboard and Razer mouse. Both of these are MUCH better than what I had, and some software isn't going to stop me from buying what works. Unless it's Razer Synapse. Screw Razer Synapse.
I'd add Wacom and more or less any 1st party crap they force upon us with the purchase of their hardware.

System Name AMDream v2.6.2
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D+TechN AM4, CO-30 all cores
Motherboard Asus Prime B550-Plus w. PCIe USB 3.0/3.1 case connectors card
Cooling 2x240 slim rads, 1x420mm slim rad, 4xEK Vardar Evo RGB, stock case fans
Memory 2x8GB RGB+2x8GB non-RGB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900XT Reference+Alphacool waterblock+Kryosheet
Storage 2TB SK Hynix Platinum P41+Eluteng NVMe heatsink
Display(s) Xiaomi Mi 2k Gaming Monitor 27” (1440p165 IPS)+VESA arm
Case Lian Li Lancool III White ARGB
Audio Device(s) Creative Inspire P380
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Steelseries Rival original (white), Steelseries Qck+ mousepad
Keyboard Keychron K5 (white backlight, blue Gateron Low Profile switches)
Software Windows 11 Pro

Same. OpenRGB for lights (basically all white unless I have to leave it on at night) and a combination of BIOS+FanControl for the fans/pump (I use FanControl for switching to a bleeding profile, too lazy to do it on the BIOS :rolleyes:).
Still, I won't touch any Asus software with a 3m pole (the famous 10ft pole but in metric :D)

I won't either. I don't touch any manufacturer software unless I need to. Not because they're ""bloat"", my 5900X couldn't care less - but because they're useless to me.