• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

iFi GO blu Portable Bluetooth DAC/Amplifier

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
iFi audio is famous for its DACs and amplifiers, especially with the various analog customizations added to the pathway. XBass and XSpace may sound strange to you, but this review of the company's ultra-portable powderkeg DAC/amp, the iFi GO blu, will familiarize with all these and more!

Show full review

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Does Windows support aptX over BT now?
Depends on the Bluetooth chipset, usually as part of the wireless NIC, but Intel drivers for an Intel/Killer chipset have been supported by Windows 10/11 for years now. There are also a few aptX Adaptive USB adapters now but usually limited to 16 bit, 48 kHz playback.

Depends on the Bluetooth chipset, usually as part of the wireless NIC, but Intel drivers for an Intel/Killer chipset have been supported by Windows 10/11 for years now. There are also a few aptX Adaptive USB adapters now but usually limited to 16 bit, 48 kHz playback.
I remember whining to Insider's forums about aptX support years ago.

Will you be a lad and save us all some time by clarifying the compatibility matrix for Windows?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I remember whining to Insider's forums about aptX support years ago.

Will you be a lad and save us all some time by clarifying the compatibility matrix for Windows?
What does "compatibility matrix" here refer to?

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
Any chance you'll take a look at Audioquest Dragonfly (any of them)? I love mine, A+ for portability, and sound is also pretty good.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Any chance you'll take a look at Audioquest Dragonfly (any of them)? I love mine, A+ for portability, and sound is also pretty good.
I can reach out to them after my backlog is more in control, but ultimately it will depend on their own interest in seeing a TPU review of their product.

Reactions: bug

bug

Processor Intel i5-12600k
Motherboard Asus H670 TUF
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34
Memory 2x16GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill Ripjaws V
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1060 SC
Storage 500GB Samsung 970 EVO, 500GB Samsung 850 EVO, 1TB Crucial MX300 and 2TB Crucial MX500
Display(s) Dell U3219Q + HP ZR24w
Case Raijintek Thetis
Audio Device(s) Audioquest Dragonfly Red :D
Power Supply Seasonic 620W M12
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Keyboard G.Skill KM780R
Software Arch Linux + Win10
I can reach out to them after my backlog is more in control, but ultimately it will depend on their own interest in seeing a TPU review of their product.
Thanks. I would suggest buying one retail, but, save for the Black, they're pretty expensive ($200 for the Red and even more for Cobalt).
Let's hope they're interested, I think the DACs are unique enough to be worth an article.

Goes without saying, there's no rush, these have been on the market for a while.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Thanks. I would suggest buying one retail, but, save for the Black, they're pretty expensive ($200 for the Red and even more for Cobalt).
Let's hope they're interested, I think the DACs are unique enough to be worth an article.

Goes without saying, there's no rush, these have been on the market for a while.
I am definitely not buying one just for review, this hobby does not pay enough for that lol.