• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Sivga Robin (SV021) Closed-Back Over-Ear Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Sivga Audio is a relatively new brand out of China that aims to bring good-looking, well-built headphones to a more affordable market segment. Today, we examine the Sivga Robin (SV021) which comes in two wooden ear cup finishes and uses a well-tuned 50 mm dynamic driver for mainstream appeal at a nice price.

Show full review

Space Lynx

Astronaut
good review. $149 is a really tough price bracket to compete in, with the HD58X being the king still I am guessing?

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
good review. $149 is a really tough price bracket to compete in, with the HD58X being the king still I am guessing?
I don't want to rely on my memory of the HD 58X from a while ago but that's an open-back set vs. this closed-back one. The AKG K371 and Shure SRH840 get recommended far more as direct competition.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I don't want to rely on my memory of the HD 58X from a while ago but that's an open-back set vs. this closed-back one. The AKG K371 and Shure SRH840 get recommended far more as direct competition.

I have a pair of AT ATH-M40x with giant ass Sony earpads on it... its about similar price... its super comfy, but you could never wear them in public :D

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I have a pair of AT ATH-M40x with giant ass Sony earpads on it... its about similar price... its super comfy, but you could never wear them in public :D
Yeah exactly, imagine using it on public transportation for example.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Yeah exactly, imagine using it on public transportation for example.

I'd like to see you review more bluetooth earbuds, I hate to say it, but its the future whether anyone likes it or not. It's just so much more convenient, and even my little $30 Skullcandy bluetooth buds don't sound half bad.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I'd like to see you review more bluetooth earbuds, I hate to say it, but its the future whether anyone likes it or not. It's just so much more convenient, and even my little $30 Skullcandy bluetooth buds don't sound half bad.
I have a few of those lined up already, as well as some Bluetooth headphones.