• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Eclipse G360A

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The Phanteks G360A is a new case of the Eclipse series—it features a fine mesh front, improved liquid-cooling support over the P360 variants while retaining the unique lighting elements, and same interior layout. We orbit around the Eclipse to find out if it has what it takes to "wow" the target audience looking for their next $100 case.

Show full review

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
1. No C-No Buy-NO excuses...
2. "White" version... n.O.t.... still see lots of black parts which absolutely kills the whole theory of a so-called "white" case, fan, psu etc
3. Boring AF, same ole same same lame lame no-design-effort-whatsoever .....

BUT....
bUt...

At least it's cheap, so there's that :roll:

I don't see the appeal of these cases without filters. They're competing with cases that have all filtered intakes, without providing any additional benefits. Also it's an airflow focused case that only has 162mm clearance for CPU cooling? Budget case reusing old tooling and slapping in some more RGB. The price isn't that great either.

System Name Firelance.
Processor Threadripper 3960X
Motherboard ROG Strix TRX40-E Gaming
Cooling IceGem 360 + 6x Arctic Cooling P12
Memory 8x 16GB Patriot Viper DDR4-3200 CL16
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 4060 Ti Ventus 2X OC
Storage 2TB WD SN850X (boot), 4TB Crucial P3 (data)
Display(s) 3x AOC Q32E2N (32" 2560x1440 75Hz)
Case Enthoo Pro II Server Edition (Closed Panel) + 6 fans
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion+ 2 Platinum 760W
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Logitech G613
Software Windows 10 Professional x64
Case
Not terrible for 100 bucks, especially compared to some of the massively overpriced rubbish we've seen here recently.

Would've liked you to see you try to mount the AIO in the front @Darksaber - considering the narrow width it seems like the top mounting position is mostly there as a box-ticking exercise, so most people will likely use the front, and knowing the clearances there would be helpful.

No C-No Buy-NO excuses...
BROTHER. Give me USB-C over RGB any day of the week.

AIO
A "white" AIO with black fan corners, black fan cables, and black fan screws. Try again, Phanteks.

PSU
Ribbon cables are great, I wish more PSU manufacturers would ditch crappy sleeving.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
It still blows my mind how many cases are out there, you think the market on PC cases would have been so saturated by now it would all just collapse on price. It's one of the few observations of gaming PC building that has amazed me over the last decade.

In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
It still blows my mind how many cases are out there, you think the market on PC cases would have been so saturated by now it would all just collapse on price. It's one of the few observations of gaming PC building that has amazed me over the last decade.
Hence my post above :D

You may already know this, but just to reiterate once again: Not EVERYONE builds computers just to play gams.... a few of us (a small minority, I know) actually use our rigs for somethin called W.e.R.k.!

Case
Not terrible for 100 bucks, especially compared to some of the massively overpriced rubbish we've seen here recently.

Would've liked you to see you try to mount the AIO in the front @Darksaber - considering the narrow width it seems like the top mounting position is mostly there as a box-ticking exercise, so most people will likely use the front, and knowing the clearances there would be helpful.

[...]

I have the P400A and use a 280mm AIO on the front. It didn't fit on the top and it also blocked a couple of ports. If the G360A is similar, it's kind of difficult to install it frontally normally due to the top IO control panel. As such I had to add the fans first to the case and then the radiator. It works, but I don't think it's optimal. Good thing that I moved the stock fans to the top and back making the case (hopefully) pressure negative.

System Name Fujitsu Siemens, HP Workstation
Processor Athlon x2 5000+ 3.1GHz, i5 2400
Motherboard Asus
Memory 4GB Samsung
Video Card(s) rx 460 4gb
Storage 750 Evo 250 +2tb
Display(s) Asus 1680x1050 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) Pioneer
Power Supply 430W
Mouse Acme
Keyboard Trust
That 8 month of internet, price.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
CPU Cooler: 162 mm

Really, the OEM couldn't re-tool for 165mm to fit most of the larger air coolers?

I don't see the appeal of these cases without filters. They're competing with cases that have all filtered intakes, without providing any additional benefits. Also it's an airflow focused case that only has 162mm clearance for CPU cooling? Budget case reusing old tooling and slapping in some more RGB. The price isn't that great either.
I have the P400A with a similar front panel. The meta mesh front panel's holes are so small that it does an admirable job of keeping out dust. The 162mm clearance is silly and simple cost cutting for the sake of profit.
It still blows my mind how many cases are out there, you think the market on PC cases would have been so saturated by now it would all just collapse on price.
It's just a handful of OEM, similar to fans, PSU, and many other PC parts, so there is little risk to stick your brand on a case especially with their long shelf lives and high profit.
You may already know this, but just to reiterate once again: Not EVERYONE builds computers just to play gams....
Speak for yourself, I love me some gams

System Name ❶ Oooh (2024) ❷ Aaaah (2021) ❸ Ahemm (2017)
Processor ❶ 5800X3D ❷ i7-9700K ❸ i7-7700K
Motherboard ❶ X570-F ❷ Z390-E ❸ Z270-E
Cooling ❶ ALFIII 360 ❷ X62 + X72 (GPU mod) ❸ X62
Memory ❶ 32-3600/16 ❷ 32-3200/16 ❸ 16-3200/16
Video Card(s) ❶ 3080 X Trio ❷ 2080TI (AIOmod) ❸ 1080TI
Storage ❶ NVME/SSD/HDD ❷ <SAME ❸ SSD/HDD
Display(s) ❶ 1440/165/IPS ❷ 1440/144/IPS ❸ 1080/144/IPS
Case ❶ BQ Silent 601 ❷ Cors 465X ❸ Frac Mesh C
Audio Device(s) ❶ HyperX C2 ❷ HyperX C2 ❸ Logi G432
Power Supply ❶ HX1200 Plat ❷ RM750X ❸ EVGA 650W G2
Mouse ❶ Logi G Pro ❷ Razer Bas V3 ❸ Logi G502
Keyboard ❶ Logi G915 TKL ❷ Anne P2 ❸ Logi G610
Benchmark Scores I have wrestled bandwidths, Tussled with voltages, Handcuffed Overclocks, Thrown Gigahertz in Jail
Hence my post above :D

You may already know this, but just to reiterate once again: Not EVERYONE builds computers just to play gams.... a few of us (a small minority, I know) actually use our rigs for somethin called W.e.R.k.!

I'm offended :banghead:

gaming is W.e.R.k too