• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar b650m wifi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin
Memory 32GB Corsair Vengeance 30CL6000
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Lian Li A3 mATX White
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W11 IoT Enterprise LTSC
I played Immortals briefly, it was alright, but I felt it was missing something. It's been awhile, so I can't remember exactly what off the top of my head. I did like it overall though.

Well, there are numbers, but its not a number's game. Min maxing and all that isn't really a thing. Classes and/or builds aren't either. Maybe that's it?

@Vayra86 i have the utmost respect. Immortals did open world very very well. no one played this game. except you. Ubisoft in their own studio took a huge step back from the Far Cry and Assassins Creed open world and rethought the entire process. everyone praises ER for their unique and innovative open-world design, which it is great - just saying Ubisoft did it first.
But hey, if it's not dark souls on the cover.....bleah

I am still incredibly salty. Fromsoftware has their grasp firm on the design: hitbox (that's basically 99% of combat) and world design, and no other company seems to be able to push them aside. The application of their games is abysmal. Always has been. Always! Dark Souls 1 port to PC was infected. Dark Souls 2 is almost unbelievable and it took them 2 years to finish DS3 on PC without frames drops and other major issues. At this very moment trying to recommend this technical mess which is Elden Ring ....c'mon. They still have the 1 FRAME bug on all RTX graphics cards on the planet. - no fix in sight. It's A Crying Shame

Well thanks. Part of this is me looking for the open world vibe and not finding it in Elden Ring; ER is really just more 'find your exploit or grind bosses like you did in DS'. I'm past the days of farming for fun and too lazy to spend hours on a single boss. I played Demon's Souls back in the day on the Playstation... got pretty far after many controllers got tossed around the room... the game hasn't evolved one bit, really, the core is what it is. Elden Ring is similar, the core hasn't evolved, the elements around it have. As for the 'mainstream' picking up on Dark Souls and its offspring, myeah. I really don't give a single damn about popular opinion ;) A big part of that is a popularity contest, being part of the in-crowd even if the content isn't entirely your thing. The vast majority can't finish the game without carefully following a walkthrough, I doubt 'everyone' is having tons of fun with it. It sure isn't a relaxing experience :D

Immortals, though? Its not really 'easy' actually, but it sure as hell is relaxing, a joy to look at, too, and I just had my 'Galadriel going scary'-moment with Aphrodite yesterday, who is currently a pretty emotional tree. There's quite a lot of (environmental) puzzling going on, and while I tend to rush through games, this one just grabs your attention and invites you to take the time. Design is really top notch.

Season 2 Yes GIF by Paramount+

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Well, there are numbers, but its not a number's game. Min maxing and all that isn't really a thing. Classes and/or builds aren't either.

no it wasn't that, I remember "flying" to a quest somewhere, and the world just felt a little hollow. not in a typical sense, just in a I didn't feel a part of that world. it's all good, my next game I plan to play is Tunic, I think it will scratch the itch I am looking for

Processor 7800X3D
Storage Lexar NM790 4TB + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 980 1TB + Crucial BX100 250GB
Mouse XTRFY M42
no it wasn't that, I remember "flying" to a quest somewhere, and the world just felt a little hollow. not in a typical sense, just in a I didn't feel a part of that world. it's all good, my next game I plan to play is Tunic, I think it will scratch the itch I am looking for

I think I get what you mean. And its true! You're not a part of the world, you walk among gods. It doesn't have the immersive factor you'd usually find in this sort of open world that way, that's quite true. I'm kinda feeling like walking in the garden of eden or something, that sort of immersion 'works'. Its pretty theme-park-y.

1 FRAME bug on all RTX graphics cards on the planet. - no fix in sight. It's A Crying Shame
What struck me about the frame pacing... even the TV commercial for Elden Ring has a stutter. All the time. Can't unsee it. :D

It's also on GOG!

Trailer below;

Last edited:
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
@Vayra86 i have the utmost respect. Immortals did open world very very well. no one played this game. except you. Ubisoft in their own studio took a huge step back from the Far Cry and Assassins Creed open world and rethought the entire process. everyone praises ER for their unique and innovative open-world design, which it is great - just saying Ubisoft did it first.
But hey, if it's not dark souls on the cover.....bleah

I also picked up Immortals a few days ago on EPIC/Ubi, actually started almost the same time as Vayra but hes definitely ahead of me since I don't play that much nowadays and I get sidetracked easily in such games.:oops:

I'm actually happy that its not DS like, I much prefer my open world games to be story driven/narrative and not overly punishing.
Thats one reason why Elden Ring doesn't fancy my interest at all but Immortals is my kind of game and I assume I would like AC Ody too. 'might play it sometime, yay another backlog game..'

I think I get what you mean. And its true! You're not a part of the world, you walk among gods. It doesn't have the immersive factor you'd usually find in this sort of open world that way, that's quite true. I'm kinda feeling like walking in the garden of eden or something, that sort of immersion 'works'. Its pretty theme-park-y.

What struck me about the frame pacing... even the TV commercial for Elden Ring has a stutter. All the time. Can't unsee it. :D

Yea I also get a similar feeling from the game but I have to say the world they created is pretty and in overall decently made.
Btw the in game engine cutscenes did not support 21:9/ultrawide but it was easily fixable so those look much better now.

Funny that I have a friend who claims that he never had any issue with Elden Ring not even on the relase day but hes borderline obsessed with the DS genre so I don't bother anymore.:laugh: ' hes running a 11700K/RTX 3060 Ti'

System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S
I have a 3080 12Gb and have no frame pacing or stutter issues with Elden Ring@4K. Running from a 7200 HDD as well. Even when it goes under 60, it maintains fluid frame pacing and is stutter free.

I'm sure the majority do have the issue and that is a crying shame as the game is great but I'm very sensitive to stutter/bad frame pacing/hitching and it's just not there. That being said, I'm never installing another GFX driver again until I've finished in fear of breaking something that's working :laugh:

Waiting for The Quarry to release from Supermassive Games, that's what I'll be playing tomorrow.:rockout:

Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
I have a 3080 12Gb and have no frame pacing or stutter issues with Elden Ring@4K. Running from a 7200 HDD as well. Even when it goes under 60, it maintains fluid frame pacing and is stutter free.

I'm sure the majority do have the issue and that is a crying shame as the game is great but I'm very sensitive to stutter/bad frame pacing/hitching and it's just not there. That being said, I'm never installing another GFX driver again until I've finished in fear of breaking something that's working :laugh:

Waiting for The Quarry to release from Supermassive Games, that's what I'll be playing tomorrow.:rockout:
Heh, ER didn't stutter in game for me either, but then I cap my FPS and refresh at 100 (yes, on my 144hz monitor). And I reckon that's the fix. Game is built for/around 50hz. I also barely if ever update GPU drivers. If it works, it works, don't touch it.

Basically my games and video don't have soap opera effect, only 30 FPS native stuff is shit to look at, but then again, it always is. Dropping the ceiling of your FPS/refresh is awesome if you're on older GPUs. Less FPS variance, without drawback.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE
Heh, ER didn't stutter in game for me either, but then I cap my FPS and refresh at 100 (yes, on my 144hz monitor). And I reckon that's the fix. Game is built for/around 50hz. I also barely if ever update GPU drivers. If it works, it works, don't touch it.

Basically my games and video don't have soap opera effect, only 30 FPS native stuff is shit to look at, but then again, it always is. Dropping the ceiling of your FPS/refresh is awesome if you're on older GPUs. Less FPS variance, without drawback.
How can it be built for 50Hz? What's this 1995 PSX PAL release?

System Name Bad Moon Ryzen
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asrock B450M Pro4-F
Cooling Vetroo V5
Memory Crucial Ballistix 32Gb (8gb x 4) 3200 MHz DDR 4
Video Card(s) 6700 XT
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 1Tb, Samsung 860 Evo 500Gb,WD Black 8Tb, WD Blue 2Tb
Display(s) Gigabyte G24F-2 (180Hz Freesync) & 4K Samsung TV
Case Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact w/Dark Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply MSI MPG A850GF (850w)
VR HMD Rift S

Well I play it on a 75hz refresh rate monitor but change it to 60Hz for this game and that's it. No capping and no multiple of 50, smooth as butter. Maybe just a peculiar issue on certain setups?

System Name AlderLake
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
My i7 12700K running at just 53 Watts, 22% load :laugh: More energie efficient than with my previous i7 6700K while gaming.:D

20220609190908_1.jpg

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Processor 7800X3D
Mouse XTRFY M42
How can it be built for 50Hz? What's this 1995 PSX PAL release?

Well I play it on a 75hz refresh rate monitor but change it to 60Hz for this game and that's it. No capping and no multiple of 50, smooth as butter. Maybe just a peculiar issue on certain setups?
Quite possibly and more likely ;)

Processor i5 10400F Stock
Motherboard MSI PRO H410M-B
Cooling Stock Intel cooler
Memory AData XPG 16GB @2666Mhz
Video Card(s) Inno3D GTX 1660 Stock
Storage 1TB MX500 SSD
Display(s) Samsung 24"
Case Generic RGB case
Audio Device(s) Harmon Kardon 2.0
Power Supply SilverStone 500W Fully Modular PSU
Mouse MX518 Original
I started paying Tunic, so cute, I love it and a perfect experience for entry level gaming PCs

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X370-F
Cooling Dark Rock 4, 3x Corsair ML140 front intake, 1x rear exhaust
Memory 2x8GB TridentZ RGB [3600Mhz CL16]
Video Card(s) EVGA 3060ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" MSI G27C4 FHD 165hz
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Power Supply Corsair RM650x v2
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Pro
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores ask your mother
Since we're discussing Elden Ring choppies...

I stop my 165hz display down to 60 for Elden Ring and it is... consistent. I don't really see stutter - it is truly consistent, but I wouldn't call it 'normal 60fps' smooth, either. That said, I do have actual stutter for the first 3 minutes of playing the game. I see it hovering on 52-53 and the screen is just choppin away. But I also have no space and am running it on a 'backup/overflow' HDD :laugh:

I do still wish it was smoother overall, but these days, I'm used to 80+ with most any game that is not FO4. Man, I bet ER would be awesome running at over 100FPS. For me, with all of the camera turning and fast action, fatigue can be a thing down at 60. I start to get that feeling like when you turn your head with a bad sinus infection and get a little zap. I don't get the zap, just a headache like I might. It's tolerable, I mean, I play the crap out of FO4 with friggin injection mods that just obliterate frametime. I'm no stranger to that experience. But it's generally nice when I can avoid it. I can play for hours longer. ER is nothing compared to a modded-to-heck Fallout that still manages to be very noticeably choppy while reading nearly a flat 60.

But why exactly is it capped? One thing I notice about Elden Ring (other souls games too, but ER especially,) is the hitbox accuracy. I swear, it is nearly frame-perfect the majority of the time (minus a few cheesey outliers) and I think that has a lot to do what makes the combat work so well. I'm wondering if maybe there is some tradeoff when it comes to the scripting for combat and hit detection that gives it that visual strangeness when it comes to the look and feel of the movement. I'm going totally outside my knowledge pool, but from a layman's perspective, I presume it has to do with how combat works in those games. The most common reason for a 60fps cap is a combination of physics and scripting constraints, right? A lot of things are easier to line-up if you just tether to a hard-capped frame rate. Elden Ring combat is all about precise timing of highly varied movesets that involve bigger, yet much more complex hitboxes that must also be very dynamic when it comes to how their envelopes are shaped and what parts of the space they occupy - down to millisecond changes in those variables. Consider that although there is camera/movement lock-on, you can fight without it and every part of that animation still has to accurately register a hit at any point in the sequence - the blade could hit early/late, proud/short, and there are physics and damage calculations that need good information to corroborate in a way that makes sense for what you are seeing - the animation is predetermined but the damage and reaction aren't on rails - it's dependent on how and where in the animation they detect a hit. And outside of the more 'open' side of the combat, there still has to be a TON of scripting involved in everything happening. That much more to keep it feeling open, if anything. I wonder how that factors into frametimes. I'm betting cranking it over 60FPS breaks the combat system, and it's probably more integral than say... a Bethesda game on havok.

I truly don't know... just a thought. A lot of games nowadays have gotten away from tying things to frametimes in that way, but I think it's probably a lot harder to sync up all of that action in a game like Elden Ring than it is in most games. Most games do not have a combat system this deep and heavy in its focus on moves and movesets, while STILL only minimally restricting actor movement the majority of the time. That must come with different challenges than most games with much simpler (at least on a technical level) combat.

I mean, to win against a higher level boss can involve threading your needle through movement/positioning/triggering openings that only span tiny slivers of frames - and it's not like counting simple projectiles in a shooter - there's a lot more animation and stuff going along with each attack. In a shooter, the player simply won't encounter the effect of not seeing what they're *actually* getting unless they find themselves in one of those projectile calculation blind spots, such as the classic '3rd person shoot through cover' trick or the opposite 'invisible wall' problem. It still lines up with the reticle. I'm betting quite a lot of people have been shooting through cover in some 3rd person shooters and *never* noticing it. And then when it comes to things like melee and sneak attacks, there is no hit detection after triggering the animation - the hit has been 'read' before you see the animation of it being drawn on the screen. That doesn't work for deeper Souls-style combat,. If hit detection worked like that in Elden Ring, shit would majorly suck. You'd just be missing/getting hit and never seeing why or how. Everything's kinda got register as close to what's drawn on screen as possible. Your weapons simply must track with what they hit, where and when. So I can sort of understand there maybe being a need to sacrifice frame rates and overall fluidity in order to facilitate consistent precision in the combat. I'm betting that's what gives the combat that sense of fine timing granularity that can put things right 'by the edge of the blade' and keep it really exciting and rewarding. It won't matter how smooth things look if hitboxes can no longer track with what's on screen with enough granularity to deal with all of these different swinging attacks coming in at all sorts of different angles in tight, intricate patterns where timing and placement are everything.

Last edited:
System Name Chip
Processor Amd 5600X
Motherboard MSI B450M Mortar Max
Cooling Hyper 212
Memory 2x 16g ddr4 3200mz
Video Card(s) RX 6700
Storage 5.5 tb hd 220 g ssd
Display(s) Normal moniter
Case something cheap
VR HMD Vive
Been playing some AMS2
F1 cars at panroma is some of the most fun ive had in a video game

ss231208.jpg

Also CARXDrift racing HONESTLY NFS needs to take some notes from this game
this is what NFS should be
20220528180625_1.jpg

Also snowrunner
Because
C R A N E
20220528092002_1.jpg

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
Cooling be quiet dark rock pro 3
Memory GSKill Aegis 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon RX 7800 XT Hellhound 16GB GDDR6 256-bit
Storage Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 1TB , HyperX Savage 240GB SATA 3
Display(s) Benq EX2780Q
Case Be Quiet! Dark Base Pro 900
Audio Device(s) Sound BlasterX G6
Power Supply Seasonic prime TX-650
Mouse Marvo Scorpion G981
Keyboard Razer Blackwidow Elite - Yellow Switch
Software Windows 10 Pro
can anyone that has played give me straight up about Sniper Elite 5?
I wanna decide if i should purchase but, from what I've seen reviews are mixed and actually negative. I am ONLY interested in the single-player.
Seen gameplay, not convinced. Seen reviews, they don't sound good.

Does it have a good story? How about enemy AI?--- In Sniper 4 it was pretty bad AI. You would shoot trigger enemy awareness, they search for you, and they go back. Shoot again kill another, they search for you..go back. Hide in a bush, they pretend that they don't know your there...some mindless joke. The reason why Sniper 4 was an uninstall for me.

(I got 2 days free this weekend, and I was looking too play something. SE5 came to mind.)

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I wanna decide if i should purchase but, from what I've seen reviews are mixed and actually negative. I am ONLY interested in the single-player.

Does it have a good story? How about enemy AI?--- In Sniper 4 it was pretty bad AI. You would shoot trigger enemy awareness, they search for you, and they go back. Shoot again kill another, they search for you..go back. Hide in a bush, they pretend that they don't know your there...some mindless joke. The reason why Sniper 4 was an uninstall for me.

(I got 2 days free this weekend, and I was looking too play something. SE5 came to mind.)
I can recommend SE5 because I can identify with the French location more than I did with the last one in Italy. The Nazi Atlantic Wall setting is very close to home, as it were.
Yes, the AI is a little flaky, but no worse than SE4. It's also a superb looking game graphically with very good attention to detail. There's a review by Worth A Buy? on YouTube and he crushed it, dismissing the graphics as dog shite, so his reviews should be taken with a pinch of salt. In fact, apart from my comment disagreeing with his opinion on the graphics, none of his minion followers disagreed with any detail of his review, which just goes to show that most game reviews should never be taken seriously.
I'm playing it on Game Pass, so have nothing to lose if it goes tits up, which I don't think it will because it's great fun. And of course, you get a chance to kill der führer in a bonus mission which is always satisfying.

I'm playing Grid Legends on Game Pass/EA ten hour trial and it's excellent.
grid-legends.jpg
And a rear-view mirror has finally been added.
grid-legends-mirror.jpg

Last edited:
System Name White Shark
Processor 5600x
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12A Chromax
Memory Crucial Ballistix 16GB (8GBx2) CL16 3200 MHz
Video Card(s) RTX 3080 12gb Asus TUF OC
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB OS / 860 EVO 500 GB /860 EVO 1TB/ Seagate 1TB
Display(s) LG 34GP83A-B 3440x1440p 144hz nano-ips ultrawide
Case Phanteks P500A (White/Black)
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Seasonic 850FX focus gold 80plus
Mouse HyperX Pulsefire Haste
Keyboard HyperX Alloy Origins Core - Tenkeyless
Software W10
oh sexy lady...
trying to get sexy clothes for my character, really hard in cyberpunk.

Attachments

• photomode_11062022_122132.png
    photomode_11062022_122132.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 53
  • photomode_11062022_122756.png
    photomode_11062022_122756.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 55
  • photomode_11062022_122932.png
    photomode_11062022_122932.png
    6 MB · Views: 54
  • photomode_11062022_124106.png
    photomode_11062022_124106.png
    6.2 MB · Views: 52
Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
i don't even care about cats, but the weirdness and freshness of the concept made this be the next new game i will play

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Storage 970 EVO 500GB nvme, 860 EVO 250GB SATA, Seagate Barracuda 1TB + 4TB HDDs
Case NZXT H710
Audio Device(s) Modi Multibit, Vali 2, Shortest Way 51+ - LSR 305's, Focal Clear, HD6xx, HE5xx, LCD-2 Classic
Mouse iunno whatever cheap crap logitech *clutches Xbox 360 controller security blanket*
Software Windows 10 Pro
i don't even care about cats, but the weirdness and freshness of the concept made this be the next new game i will play
That's amazing. My favorite part is the last little blurb they put in the description.
Stray is developed by BlueTwelve Studio, a small team from the south of France mostly made up of cats and a handful of humans.
That's how you know it's gonna be good - they're having fun with it. :rolleyes:

Processor Ryzen 9 3900X
Case NZXT H710
Software Windows 10 Pro
So, I'm through most of Caelid proper in Elden Ring. Lots of pretty tough areas, but surprisingly not too frustrating to deal with. Some places are almost too easy, while others are extraordinarily punishing. It's fun though - once you're mid-level, the things that punish you are mostly a matter of understanding and prep. The rewards out there are great, too.

I think my least favorite place in the whole game thus far is the Raya Lucaria Academy. It's those magic projectile spamming asshats. They fire 3 shot bursts that travel very quickly, with maybe a 1 second pause between bursts. And they never stop once they hone-in - just firing constantly. I learned to just roll directly into their shots... constantly, come up with the sweeping slash you only get coming out of a forward roll. At least they're not as bad as the crossbow canons - about as fast and devastating though. They never hit me playing the rolling game... until they were everywhere. That stretch before the boss room with the pot and something like 6 of them in an anaconda formation... every time you fail the boss you gotta deal with that - I think that grace site is too far back. As a melee it is the most annoying possible challenge, especially when you just want to try the boss again. There's just no way to be in that room with them and not get hit by at least two guys tossing glintstone or whatever they're actually doing - canceling your moves out in 1 second intervals. It's much better to snipe them with magic arrows. But charging in with absolute speed on the kills, and picking the right order, you can systematically drop them in the brief moments before they go full 'noticing' mode and start spamming you. You just risk losing a potion before the boss if you mess it up (assuming you actually manage to heal between the constant cancels.) Not a ton on the line, not actually hard, just kind of irritating. The actual boss fight is less frustrating by a lot.

That whole thing was a drag, really. I'm gonna have to try ranged magic at some point, cause when enemies use it on me, it's straight-up cruel lol. I was struggling in there for a while, so I went exploring the Academy zone more and rode the 'waterwheel' down to see where it went. There was an Abductor Virgin down there. :laugh: While I was going 'OH OH OH!" it took me into its iron-maiden-dress-thing and in addition to grinding me into giblets, teleported me to a section of Volcano Manor with TWO Abductor Virgins at the end! But after a couple of tries, I had them beat with no summon (lead-in damage on one of them is a more valuable use of the window.) One spins around like a giant Marionette, take him ASAP and it becomes a simple fight - as the other one telegraphs really slowly. I just took my time not getting greedy on hitting the first one, worked him down while dodging the slow charges from the other. He fell not 30 seconds after the first, which took a couple of minutes to work down. Cool fight, very challenging but doable with calm dodging and a decently upgraded weapon.

But this game, man. I died inside of a sentient torture machine and went to hell back there :laugh: It's like, "Oh, you thought you'd find something easier and more rewarding than the shitty magic dungeon you're stuck in? How about DOUBLE VOLCANO CAVE TORTURE instead?"

But the best part about that is I had more fun getting through THAT area and beating those Abductors than I did in all of Raya Lucaria, save for maybe the boss fight. The Abductors were EASY compared to constantly ducking statue heads flinging their glowing raspberry jolly ranchers. Those things STING, man! OW! I preferred being in Caelid at level 50... literal hell on earth is better, send me to the inside of a volcano before you ever send me back to a library full of magic-users again. Caelid is awesome. Never know what you're getting out there. Some parts, you could do at level 30. Others? Better be past 70 lol - and a good quarter of those 40 levels better be in vigor. And yet none of those dungeons feel as cheap as Raya Lucaria Academy did.

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE
Memory 2x16 GB Crucial Ballistix 3600 CL16 Rev E @ 3800 CL16
Video Card(s) RTX3080 Ti FE
Storage SX8200 Pro 1 TB, Plextor M6Pro 256 GB, WD Blue 2TB
Display(s) LG 34GN850P-B
Case SilverStone Primera PM01 RGB
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster G6 | Fidelio X2 | Sennheiser 6XX
Power Supply SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Endgame Gear XM1R
Keyboard Wooting Two HE

Get gamepass on promo, SE 5 is available there.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
damn

i just hope this isn't another case of over ambition and under delivery

stinger608

Dedicated TPU Cruncher & Folder
System Name Dean Machine/2020 Ryzenfall
Processor Intel 4790K/AMD Ryzen 3700X
Motherboard MSI 1150 Gaming mATX/Gigabyte AORUS ELITE B550
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 LED/SilverStone AH240 AIO
Memory 16 gigs Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer/16 gigs G.Skill TridentZ NEO DDR4
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 1660 Super/Gigabyte GTX 1660
Storage Crucial SSD 256 and 2TB spinner/Dual Samsung 980 Pro M2 NVME 4.0
Display(s) Overlord 27" 2560 x 1440
Case Corsair Air 540
Audio Device(s) On board
Power Supply Seasonic modular 850 watt Platinum/EVGA T2-850 Titanium
Software Windows 10 Pro/Windows 10 Pro
Wow, Starfield looks frigging awesome.
Makes me wonder how much drive it will take up. :p

System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
Wow, Starfield looks frigging awesome.
Makes me wonder how much drive it will take up. :p
Likely 140 GB download and then 200 GB on disk after updates,