• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

EK Fluid Works S5000 Workstation

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Look closely at the photo you posted. The red circle on the left includes an "EKWB-" stamp on the tube.

Perhaps it is an industrial part that is not available for retail sale. Or it could be a prototype. Unsurprisingly, it appears to be theirs anyhow.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Look closely at the photo you posted. The red circle on the left includes an "EKWB-" stamp on the tube.

Perhaps it is an industrial part that is not available for retail sale. Or it could be a prototype. Unsurprisingly, it appears to be theirs anyhow.
... Yes, hence me asking the person with access to the product (and likely some contact with EK) what it is specifically. I can see that it has an EK stamp on it. All that tells us is that EK is buying it in sufficient quantities to have their name stamped on it by whoever is the OEM. It says nothing about what it is.

FiRe

What's with the god-awful comparison machines?

... Yes, hence me asking the person with access to the product (and likely some contact with EK) what it is specifically. I can see that it has an EK stamp on it. All that tells us is that EK is buying it in sufficient quantities to have their name stamped on it by whoever is the OEM. It says nothing about what it is.

There is a semi hard that is done with something like a coil ring and you can get it at industrial shops. IIRC McMastercar sells it.

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
After a little more investigation, those parts appear to be part of their Fluid Works professional workstation business. Those systems use parts that aren't available for individual retail sale.

So yes, they are EKWB components but no they aren't for sale to consumers. The Fluid Works business unit only sells fully assembled workstations, not individual parts.

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
So yes, they are EKWB components but no they aren't for sale to consumers. The Fluid Works business unit only sells fully assembled workstations, not individual parts.
I understand that. Still curious about what those tubes are, as I've never seen anything similar. And, crucially, if something exists integrated into an product, it can often be found elsewhere as well - one just needs to know what to look for.

I understand that. Still curious about what those tubes are, as I've never seen anything similar. And, crucially, if something exists integrated into an product, it can often be found elsewhere as well - one just needs to know what to look for.

Speaking as someone who's dabbled in all sorts of extreme cooling, worked around liquid cooled servers, and dealt with military applications using industrial products it's almost certainly something like this:

There are three ways to go about this. The above link is just reinforced tubing and you're going to need serious claps to get it to hold but this is the standard way of doing it. IMHO, get that.

The second way is coil rings. Most people who know them think of them as those plastic rings you put outside of standard soft tubing, but there are types of internal ones as well. I wouldn't do this unless you know what you are doing but some internal types can come in copper so they won't screw up the fluid you are using and contribute the anti microbial properties of your existing water blocks. Issue with this is if you fuck it up you are puncturing the tube or it will break off inside.

The third option is there are tubes that come coiled:

As these stretch and retract if sized right that inherent property will hold a shape in a bend, though it can degrade over time.

IMHO get the reinforced, I have included a picture.

Attachments

• tubing.JPG
    tubing.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 42
System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Speaking as someone who's dabbled in all sorts of extreme cooling, worked around liquid cooled servers, and dealt with military applications using industrial products it's almost certainly something like this:

There are three ways to go about this. The above link is just reinforced tubing and you're going to need serious claps to get it to hold but this is the standard way of doing it. IMHO, get that.

The second way is coil rings. Most people who know them think of them as those plastic rings you put outside of standard soft tubing, but there are types of internal ones as well. I wouldn't do this unless you know what you are doing but some internal types can come in copper so they won't screw up the fluid you are using and contribute the anti microbial properties of your existing water blocks. Issue with this is if you fuck it up you are puncturing the tube or it will break off inside.

The third option is there are tubes that come coiled:

As these stretch and retract if sized right that inherent property will hold a shape in a bend, though it can degrade over time.

IMHO get the reinforced, I have included a picture.
Thanks for the info! Though none of that looks like it would hold a bend on its own, unless I'm mistaken. That is the thing that interested me the most about this - outside of that, ZMT tubing is great. If I were to guess, I'd say the mystery EK stuff is some sort of jointed metal hose with a rubber covering to make it nonconductive (and hopefully a rubber lining as well!), as it seems to both run straight without sagging and hold tight bends without much springback.

Thanks for the info! Though none of that looks like it would hold a bend on its own, unless I'm mistaken. That is the thing that interested me the most about this - outside of that, ZMT tubing is great. If I were to guess, I'd say the mystery EK stuff is some sort of jointed metal hose with a rubber covering to make it nonconductive (and hopefully a rubber lining as well!), as it seems to both run straight without sagging and hold tight bends without much springback.

The reinforced will, just not like a 90. You can check it out at various industrial stores. It's easier to see on clear tubing what's inside of it.