• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

nubia REDMAGIC 7S Pro

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Freshly dropped on the global 5G network is nubia's latest, the REDMAGIC 7S Pro. Built from the ground up focused on gaming, this 5G-capable, Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 gaming smartphone comes equipped with additional touchpads on one side like a hand-held console, plus features some of the fastest performance possible from a phone right now. And it has a built-in 20,000 RPM RGB fan.

Show full review

Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Hummm...lets see now:

A) Latest SD chipset - yee haw
B) Decent price for the given specs - yee haw #2
C) 5000mAh battery....not gonna last very long....p.A.s.S....
D) 20K rpm fan....in that little container.... P.a.S.s....
E) R.F'n.G.F'n.B.F'n on a phone... should be blazingly nightmare-ish at best :(
F) High chance of hard-coded spywarez/backdoorz/keyloggerz.... nope, notta, no way 'Jose :D

Shall I continue ?

The only thing I really like about this phone is that the camera hump is in the center (why other mfgr's can't figure this out is beyond me), meaning that when you set down on the table, it won't lean to one side or rock around, but otherwise, the nays have it by a 4-2 margin IMHO !

Last edited:
Too niche, 1109€ in Germany (if you want a Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 based phone, a Xiaomi Poco F4 GT 12GB/256GB represents much better value for money at 600€ for 99.9% of the people)

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Neat, another powerful gaming phone that kinda misses the point. 99% of android games dont need a 20K! RPM fan to run on a snapdragon, and the space taken by that fan would be better suited to a much larger battery, if youre gonna make a phone this big you may as well try to outstrip the ROG phone's 6000 mAh cells.

Also, there is 0 reason to put 18GB of RAM into these things, even for bragging rights its dumb. Unnecessary use of silicon driving up the costs. Yeah android isnt as optimized as iOS but you could cut the RAM in half and notice 0 difference.

Also, for US customers Nubia has no official support, so if you want VoLTE on ATT or verizon you may be SOL.

Hummm...lets see now:

A) Latest SD chipset - yee haw
B) Decent price for the given specs - yee haw #2
C) 5000mAh battery....not gonna last very long....p.A.s.S....
D) 20K rpm fan....in that little container.... P.a.S.s....
E) R.F'n.G.F'n.B.F'n on a phone... should be blazingly nightmare-ish at best :(
F) High chance of hard-coded spywarez/backdoorz/keyloggerz.... nope, notta, no way 'Jose :D

Shall I continue ?

The only thing I really like about this phone is that the camera hump is in the center (why other mfgr's can't figure this out is beyond me), meaning that when you set down on the table, it won't lean to one side or rock around, but otherwise, the nays have it by a 4-2 margin IMHO!
Odds are it has no less spyware then your typical US smartphone, difference being I could give one iota what china thinks of me, as I am not chinese.

Ludecan

Neat, another powerful gaming phone that kinda misses the point. 99% of android games dont need a 20K! RPM fan to run on a snapdragon, and the space taken by that fan would be better suited to a much larger battery, if youre gonna make a phone this big you may as well try to outstrip the ROG phone's 6000 mAh cells.

Also, there is 0 reason to put 18GB of RAM into these things, even for bragging rights its dumb. Unnecessary use of silicon driving up the costs. Yeah android isnt as optimized as iOS but you could cut the RAM in half and notice 0 difference.

Also, for US customers Nubia has no official support, so if you want VoLTE on ATT or verizon you may be SOL.

Odds are it has no less spyware then your typical US smartphone, difference being I could give one iota what china thinks of me, as I am not chinese.
Yes they do need a fan. I have an Asus ROG phone 5 and performance has been terrible ever since Android 12 has released. Turns out Asus dropped the thermal limit from 50C in Android 11 to 45C in Android 12 because their motherboards were getting fried. And in doing so they killed performance.
You can find more info here https://www.reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndroid/comments/vtwfrx And trust me in PS2/GameCube/Switch emulation the phone does get hot.
The 8 Gen 1 plus should be more efficient than the 888 so hopes there but still I'd take all the cooling I can get.
And I'd stay away from Asus phones as much as I can.

So cool to see techpowerup doing phone reviews! The benchmarks section could use a few sustained performance benchmarks tho, and maybe comparing the fan turned on VS off?

Last edited:
Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
They don't give a rats ass about you either, but they DO care about tracking everywhere you go everything you do, scraping your personal/financial/medical info, and leveraging your phone as an attack device to access your home/work networks.....

System Name Cumquat 2021
Processor AMD RyZen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus Strix X670E - E Gaming WIFI
Cooling Deep Cool LT720 + CM MasterGel Pro TP + Lian Li Uni Fan V2
Memory 32GB GSkill Trident Z5 Neo 6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ OC RX6800 16GB DDR6 2270Cclk / 2010Mclk
Storage 1x Adata SX8200PRO NVMe 1TB gen3 x4 1X Samsung 980 Pro NVMe Gen 4 x4 1TB, 12TB of HDD Storage
Display(s) AOC 24G2 IPS 144Hz FreeSync Premium 1920x1080p
Case Lian Li O11D XL ROG edition
Audio Device(s) RX6800 via HDMI + Pioneer VSX-531 amp Technics 100W 5.1 Speaker set
Power Supply EVGA 1000W G5 Gold
Mouse Logitech G502 Proteus Core Wired
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless
Software Windows 11 X64 PRO (build 23H2)
Benchmark Scores it sucks even more less now ;)
I like this phone! My only complaint is the lack of a MicroSD slot. I would rather have that then a second SIM slot. But it does have LOTS of storage. 512GB is solid. And the real eye-catching feature? 3.5mm jack for headphones! A lack of one a full on deal breaker. I will not buy a phone that lacks one.

@ Nobia, you got a winner here! Well nice this is!