• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Set The Curve & Change the Game CORSAIR Reveals Revolutionary 45in Bendable OLED Gaming Monitor

System Name M3401 notebook
Processor 5600H
Motherboard NA
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) 3050
Storage 500GB SSD
Display(s) 14" OLED screen of the laptop
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3050 scores good 15-20% lower than average, despite ASUS's claims that it has uber cooling.
OLEDs being generally dim
the brightness of OLED is low
Please stop.

What you are re-hashing is OLED TVs losing at MAX BRIGHTNESS vs traditional TFT with quirks, e.g. Samsung's Bazinga QLED.

None of that is relevant to a notebook screen (and, frankly, nor to the TVs). Heck, LG just released 250/300 nit laptop.

Any brightly lit room?
Yeah, what about it? Someone who stopped even considering non OLED screens since Samsung Galaxy S2 phone asking. Oh, forgot to mention, my 2 tablets are also OLED. (OK there is also that heavy garbage by Apple, from school)

That's higher than I would have expected
Surprising is it not.

Last edited:
System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
Well look at that, actual innovation from Corsair!

Curved for gaming, flat for work/movies.

It's a bit too big for a desktop IMO and 21:9 is still a quirky ratio for most content - but these are personal preferences, I'm sure some people are actively looking for a 40" ultrawide. The only downside to this is that Corsair aren't exactly known for offering good value so this is going to be overpriced even by OLED standards.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
They keep coming up with all this gimmicky crap when most PC gamer's would just like a decent choice for a 27/ 32in 1440p/4K OLED panel with full local dimming HDR, 144Hz, 2 HDMI 2.1 connectors & full Gsync/FreeSync compat for less than $750.

..Right now we have to choose panels that are severely compromised in at least one of those areas and pay 2-3 times more for the same features that have been on TV's, with screens twice the size for at least the last couple of years.

PC monitors are a complete & total rip off for what you get.

No wonder Sony have smelled the money and recently moved into selling them.
I am sure you know that OLED doesn't have backlight, right? So it doesn't need any dimming zones

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
It's a W-OLED display, huh. :eek: Guess the display refresh mode has to run a lot to fix image retention & burn in.
OLED vs QD-OLED – What Is The Difference?

They keep coming up with all this gimmicky crap when most PC gamer's would just like a decent choice for a 27/ 32in 1440p/4K OLED panel with full local dimming HDR, 144Hz, 2 HDMI 2.1 connectors & full Gsync/FreeSync compat for less than $750.

A OLED panel has self illuminated pixels, they do not need "local dimming" to enhance contrast. ;)

I don't know why you guys stare at white screens, clearly I might be missing something.
There is absolutely NO "screen is dim" feeling, WTH...
It looks stunning on it's own, jaw dropping when you have classic IPS crap next to it, let alone TN or when real HDR content is run.

You're just blind to the issue. OLED's can't sustain the brightness required for HDR.
Even the "godly" Samsung QD-OLED can not do it. On top of that Samsung nerved the brightness with a firmware update, making it even worse.
Samsung S95B Gets Nerfed AGAIN After Firmware 1303 -I'm Done

And btw. HDR is a scam. :wtf: Especially for OLED's:

Last edited:
System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
Please stop.

What you are re-hashing is OLED TVs losing at MAX BRIGHTNESS vs traditional TFT with quirks, e.g. Samsung's Bazinga QLED.

None of that is relevant to a notebook screen (and, frankly, nor to the TVs). Heck, LG just released 250/300 nit laptop.
Unless you are only using your notebook - or in this case, desktop PC - in a very dim or dark room, normal full-screen brightness levels are very relevant for their use. Heck, it's equally relevant for TVs too. As for those laptops you're mentioning - do they have any kind of ABL? Are you able to control or override it? I would assume not - most if not all consumer OLEDs have quite aggressive auto dimming to counteract burn-in.

Also, I'm not necessarily talking about max brightness in all scenarios - though in a way, yes, because any OLED will have to run pretty much at max brightness in any moderately well lit room. That's how limited their brightness output is. If your room is bright, has any direct sunlight, has large windows, then an OLED will struggle during daylight hours when compared to a good FALD LCD. Those LCDs won't be close to max brightness unless the room is bathed in sunlight though - they won't need it. There's a reason why OLEDs are never the recommendation for a bright room. That QN90A has more than 3x the brightness for a 100% window compared to an LG G2, and more than 3x at a 25% window as well. That is a very, very perceptible difference. It's not one that's even remotely necessary in a dim room - though if the FALD system is good it can help bring properly mastered HDR content closer to how it's supposed to look, even if that look is rather uncomfortable for your eyes - but it's a very real difference.
Yeah, what about it? Someone who stopped even considering non OLED screens since Samsung Galaxy S2 phone asking. Oh, forgot to mention, my 2 tablets are also OLED. (OK there is also that heavy garbage by Apple, from school)
You seem to be entirely missing the part of this where the larger an OLED screen is, the more power it needs to output similar levels of brightness, and thus the more cooling it needs to not burn in rapidly. There's a reason why you can find brighter OLEDs on most flagship smartphones than you do in flagship TVs - their relative heat output is tiny due to their small size. (And, of course, their use cases generally tend to be less continuous, which allows for more cooldown time.) And, crucially, even those tiny OLEDs won't sustain their 1000+ nit brightness for a full screen image or for any significant amount of time. Without a heatsink - which most OLED TVs and monitors lack - you can't even come close to phone levels of brightness.

Put it this way: watch any kind of not very dim content on a good FALD LCD next to an OLED in any room that isn't very dim or entirely dark, and you'll see a very significant difference. That doesn't mean that the OLED is bad, it's just worse in that scenario. It's also better in other scenarios, such as very dim rooms, as you simply don't need as much brightness then - and even in brighter settings OLEDs punch above their weight (brightness output) due to their high contrast aiding in how clear the image comes off. Is that so hard to grasp?
Surprising is it not.
I'm glad to see that you're so intent on having actually productive discussions here. Such intellectually stimulating conversation. Still don't see how you've in any way invalidated the core of my point on economics of scale for monitors vs. laptops though.

And btw. HDR is a scam. :wtf: Especially for OLED's:
Yeah, there are no TVs that can produce real HDR - but some can do a decent facsimile. That's reliant on quality source material and a panel and processor that can decode that material properly according to a good HDR standard though, which gets complicated quickly. OLEDs have the contrast to do great-looking pseudo-HDR in dim and dark rooms due to their low brightness floor and lack of backlight glow/bleed, similar to how good FALD LCDs can do some of the same in brighter rooms. But of course none of them come close to the 10 000-nit HDR monitors used for mastering, and thus can't recreate the effect properly. But that arguably isn't necessary either - any improvement in dynamic range is a good thing.

Nfogray

Awful resolution for a screen that size. Seriously bad PPI. This thing will be a massive waste of money.

Processor i7-7700k @5ghz
Motherboard Asus strix Z270-F
Cooling EK AIO 240mm
Memory Hyper-X ( 16 GB - XMP )
Video Card(s) RTX 2080 super OC
Storage 512GB - WD(Nvme) + 1TB WD SDD
Display(s) Acer Nitro 165Hz OC
Case Deepcool Mesh 55
Audio Device(s) Razer Karken X
Power Supply Asus TUF gaming 650W brozen
Mouse Razer Mamba Wireless & Glorious Model D Wireless
Keyboard Cooler Master K70