• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Teases Next-Gen RDNA3 Graphics Card: Claims to Repeat 50% Perf/Watt Gain

If Navi33 is in 6nm, 4096 SP and only 203mm² possibly points out to certain assumptions, for example logically we will have also 2X/clock the theoretical raytracing ray-box/sec & ray-tri/sec performance, so more than 2X theoretical peak but in reality will be a lot lot less.
For example if in 1080p raster RTX 3080 12GB is let's say 5% slower than Navi33, when you enable raytracing RTX will be at least 5% faster!
Again no data, just a feeling.

System Name UNDERVOLTED (UV) silenced, 135W limited, high energy efficient PC
Processor Intel i5-10400F undervolt
Motherboard MSI B460 Tomahawk
Cooling Scythe Ninja 3 rev.B @ 620RPM
Memory Kingston HyperX Predator 3000 4x4GB UV
Video Card(s) Gainward GTX 1060 6GB Phoenix UV 775mV@1695MHz, 54% TDP (65 Watt) LIMIT
Storage Crucial MX300 275GB, 2x500GB 2.5" SSHD Raid, 1TB 2.5" SSHD, BluRay writer
Display(s) Acer XV252QZ @ 240Hz
Case Logic Concept K3 (Smallest Full ATX/ATX PSU/ODD case ever..)
Audio Device(s) Panasonic Clip-On, Philips SHP6000, HP Pavilion headset 400, Genius 1250X, Sandstrøm Hercules
Power Supply Be Quiet! Straight Power 10 500W CM
Mouse Logitech G102 & SteelSeries Rival 300 & senior Microsoft IMO 1.1A
Keyboard RAPOO VPRO 500, Microsoft All-In-One Keyboard, Cougar 300K
Software Windows 10 Home x64 Retail
Benchmark Scores More than enough Fire Strike: 3dmark.com/fs/28356598 Time Spy: 3dmark.com/spy/30561283
I also wonder - will a 4-core / 8-thread CPU or APU be good enough to run Fortnite smooth?
8 Thread could be enough for most of esport titles. Your problem could be the 2500U CPU that has strong TDP limit. U means Ultra low TDP for ultra thin notebooks. Basically you have 15W TDP limit.

You architecture Zen 4c/8T and Vega 8 with Desktop 65W TDP or with unlocked TDP could provide a good gaming feeling, but with 15W limit... Only for low spec gaming.

HDPlex has the PSU for you. Other than that, that is exactly the GPU I want to see as well.
THX the suggestion, I know the brand, but It is overpriced way too much that is worth. I Bought my very good 80+ Gold PSU (near to 80+ Platinum efficiency) for almost half the price. That is why I want 200W high efficienty PSU from mass producers. I do not want so spent 2x money for a PSU. That would be nonsense.
Green and energy efficient PC should be common consumer product.

Good. Atleast one company is providing perf per/w gains.

I bought an injured notebook, i5-5300U, 8G, 500Gb SSHD for overall ~ 60 EUR. I messured the avg. power consumption with wall plug power meter of browsing the web, watch youtube 1080p. Only 14-15W avg. Not fast, but not slow PC for this purpose, It is OK.
Overall There is no any dekstop PC that will consume this low 15W avg. during this usage. (Maybe if you build a PC with iGPU and Pico PSU to keep efficiency high as possible.)

Most efficienct modern PCs with dGPU consume at least 25-30W on Idle, when you just watching windows desktop.... If you browsing the web it will go up easily between 35-50W avg. or more.
(typical if you move the mouse without stop that could instant push up the CPU load by 6-12% so the CPU (and I have 6/12 10400f) never will be idle if you moving the mouse while scrolling and reading the web and watching youtube...)

For basic usage with low energy consumption maybe a good choice to buy a cheap ARM SBC or maybe an android PC, but this one has few limitation because of android TV OS, Or change the mobile phone to a Samsung DEX compatible smartphone.
Some recommendation.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
THX the suggestion, I know the brand, but It is overpriced way too much that is worth. I Bought my very good 80+ Gold PSU (near to 80+ Platinum efficiency) for almost half the price. That is why I want 200W high efficienty PSU from mass producers. I do not want so spent 2x money for a PSU. That would be nonsense.
Green and energy efficient PC should be common consumer product.
It's not overpriced, it's just low-volume specialty hardware aimed at a high-paying niche, using expensive components to achieve a very compact design. But I definitely agree with your desires - I really, really wish there were high efficiency 250-400W PSUs on the market in traditional form factors. Though the spiky power draw of modern GPUs complicates this a bit, most gaming PCs consume 200W or less under load, and really don't need 500W+ PSUs, let alone the regularly recommended 750W+. This is part of why ATX12VO had me a bit excited - it has the potential to drastically simplify cheap PSU designs, allowing for much higher efficiency at lower costs due to simplifying the design. Sadly 12VO for DIY seems entirely dead. The best option for high efficiency low output PSUs for now seems to be refurbished Platinum or Titanium server/FlexATX PSUs, but those are a whole other can of worms in terms of reliability (a lot of shady "refurbishers" that just clean and resell PSUs that have been hammered in a server rack for years), and they invariably need fan modifications to avoid server-grade noise.