• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

manicdan23

I am trying to get this to work with a 1080ti using hdmi to my tv and then ARC (not eARC) to a sonos speaker. I've tried a few combinations of different sources with the Product Config Tool, and I think my underlying problem is Dolby Drivers.

I see this kind of error no matter how I try to get dolby up and running, any ideas?
1660353547698.png

Asus mb isnt necessary for using dolby access.but You should know that dolby access is for windows 10 ONLY after PAYMENT in Microsoft store.any crack patch or fix for this dosent working. Dts sound unbound too. Only if You buy this.

You didnt have asus mb to using asus manager.
STop lie ppl :kookoo:

Attachments

• Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    337.5 KB · Views: 269
System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
I appreciate all people who worked hard work for this project.. But unfortunately no audio enhancer work better than my original drivers. There is certainly some kind of change, however not at the level as I wanted to be.
My sound system is Realtek® ALC4082 Codec + ESS SABRE9018Q2C combo DAC with Nahimic 3 software.

I have some YouTube guys Dolby Atmos package(s). Maybe some sauce files will sort you out :)

Also don't forget the Dolby Digital Home theatre V2/v4 which has some weird amplifier/EQ/measurements going on, if done correctly (can apply The Atmos EQ in there too?)..

I'm not totally done with that one.
Anno 4 years ago. Here at TPU.
Never forgeddin le legacy.

furquim

Newbie question here but: which setup options should I select in order to install Dolby Atmos for Gaming?

Thanks in advance.

furquim

dax3apo wrrpaer working for me when i used last time
I can't find that on the list, the closest thing I found was Dolby DAX API Service which won't install, it gives me an error message saying: "Service 'Dolby DAX API Service' (DolbyDAXAPI failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." and gives me options to retry or cancel, it won't work if I retry and it rolls back the installation if I cancel.

Plus I'm having issues with Nahimic too. It has no effects on the audio. I've tried to use both APO3 and APO4 but to no avail.

Last edited:
System Name MSI-MEG
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570S ACE MAX
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism + Thermal Grizzly
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) MSI Suprim X RTX 3080
Storage 500 GB MSI Spatium nvme + 500 GB WD nvme + 2 TB Seagate HDD + 2 TB Seagate HDD
Display(s) 27" LG 144HZ 2K ULTRAGEAR
Case MSI MPG Velox Airflow 100P
Audio Device(s) Altec Lansing
Power Supply Seasonic 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse HP OMEN REACTOR
Keyboard Corsair K68
Software Windows10 LTSC 64 bit
Guys just use this:

You are welcome

I can't find that on the list, the closest thing I found was Dolby DAX API Service which won't install, it gives me an error message saying: "Service 'Dolby DAX API Service' (DolbyDAXAPI failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." and gives me options to retry or cancel, it won't work if I retry and it rolls back the installation if I cancel.

Plus I'm having issues with Nahimic too. It has no effects on the audio. I've tried to use both APO3 and APO4 but to no avail.
Manually create the folder if it does not already exist in the system32 "dolbyaposvc" inside before installing the service, set the xml configuration files for the desired dolby atmos, then install the service which will start without problems!

Attachments

• Screenshot (23).png
    Screenshot (23).png
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 246
FYI - APODriver and EVERYTHING Alanfox2000 has touched (INCLUDING FXConfigurator) is an AutoHotKey ViRUS !

They put a GUI overlay so they can read in chingchong what you are doing in real time.
Stay away.

Source; First FXConfigurator alpha (without obfuscated settings).

FYI - APODriver and EVERYTHING Alanfox2000 has touched (INCLUDING FXConfigurator) is an AutoHotKey ViRUS !

They put a GUI overlay so they can read in chingchong what you are doing in real time.
Stay away.

Source; First FXConfigurator alpha (without obfuscated settings).
Don't worry, I don't use that software, if you look a little closer in that list, you won't see a single service installed. I only use apo originals :3

furquim

Manually create the folder if it does not already exist in the system32 "dolbyaposvc" inside before installing the service, set the xml configuration files for the desired dolby atmos, then install the service which will start without problems!
Thank you! I'll try it later.

But I've seen emanresu's posts claiming this is a virus, is it true?

Once you click apply with the Sly Fox'$ software - you're looted.
I've installed his software yesterday, if what you're saying is true, would uninstalling it and scanning my PC with an antivirus or Malwarebytes be enough to remove the virus?

I honestly don't like using third party drivers. I mostly use originals that I personally modified and that I know are safe. Yes, I heard that this apo (soft) driver has viruses.

furquim

I honestly don't like using third party drivers. I mostly use originals that I personally modified and that I know are safe. Yes, I heard that this apo (soft) driver has viruses.
Thank you! I don't really know how to modify drivers so that's impossible for me at the moment.
As for the possible virus, would uninstalling it/restoring the original drivers and using Malwarebytes be enough to remove it or should I just nuke this Windows installation?

Recomended antivirus and some malwerscan--

All the drivers you find here are otherwise downloaded from original sites like Asus, Gigabyte and so on. Some, let me call them "modders" if I may, have modified them to work on non-native chips, some of them work fairly and some don't. So now you decide which one you will take over.

furquim

Recomended antivirus and some malwerscan--

All the drivers you find here are otherwise downloaded from original sites like Asus, Gigabyte and so on. Some, let me call them "modders" if I may, have modified them to work on non-native chips, some of them work fairly and some don't. So now you decide which one you will take over.
I'll uninstall them with BCUninstaller and use BitDefender + Malwarebytes to get rid of any trace of it.

My original sound drivers are good enough for listening to music and whatnot, but I wanted access to third party softwares like Sound Blaster Connect and Nahimic to use with games.

I tried using AAF's modded drivers since I used them on my old PC but unfortunately removing the original sound drivers ruins the base sound quality, so I tried going for this one as I wouldn't have to remove the original drivers.

UPDATE: Removed all the installation files and drivers with BCUninstaller and DriverStoreExplorer. Deleted the GPU drivers as well with DDU for good measure.
Scanned the device with Malwarebytes, BitDefender and Comodo Internet Security (which I used to check if anything suspicious was connecting to my PC) and they found nothing.
I suppose I'm safe I guess.

Nah, they use Windows own services for RDP and such. This way they get around Windows itself.

* or at least mimic them.

furquim

Nah, they use Windows own services for RDP and such. This way they get around Windows itself.

* or at least mimic them.
No offense but what evidence do you have to prove that this is indeed a malicious software? I've searched the thread and apart from people saying that it was a false positive you are the only one saying that it is a malicious software. I'm not accusing you of making baseless claims but I don't really know what to believe without evidence.

And if it really is a malicious software, how do you suggest that I remove it from my computer? If those programs found nothing I'm guessing that I would only get rid of it by reinstalling Windows, is that right?

Hopefully gone on reformat, unless rootkit on other partitions. Try UnHackMe (Russian-made). It finds a lot of weird stuff.

I saw the AutoHotkey-script and the (then) connecting server(s).

Ferather did only remove (false-positive? /Pray) PithoPatcher - not the AutoHotkeyscript.

Also notice that the Windows GUI reloads when settings "applied".
Also after a while, more and more frequently, when rebooted.

Someone asked why Alan Finote / Finotty 's shit connects/pings his GitHub once an hour.

"To check on updates" was his reply.
WTF?

Also get Evorim FreeFirewall.

An old software I had was a TC IP Package (can't name it) sniffer called " Alejandro's " .. - something. Would be good to have.

Like one prominent person here who made a thread about it - "why would you let your PC open?"

Desperation.

I have a solution beyond these pseudo-enhancers. Spent 3 years in the making and it blows Alanses' shit to hell. Where it belongs.

Amen.

Clibanarius

Again, do you think maybe you can provide some proof about any of these accusations of them being malicious, because you've yet to.

Nice, which profiles did you use to keep it active after the trial? thanks in advance
This one has the keys, you just need to say Dolby Access to look there for the license and that's all, Dolby AccessOEM and Dolby Access can be installed together, that is, they have to.

Again, do you think maybe you can provide some proof about any of these accusations of them being malicious, because you've yet to.
I've already proven it works on this forum, I'm not here to share my drivers and I don't want to spam