• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gamdias Chione M3 240W AIO

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Processor Intel 8700K @ 4.8 GHz
Motherboard MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
Cooling Custom Water
Memory 32 GB Crucial Ballistix 3666 MHz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB Suprim X
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Display(s) ASUS VG27AQL1A x2 2560x1440 8bit IPS
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Samson Meteor Mic / Generic 2.1 / KRK KNS 6400 headset
Power Supply Zalman EBT-1000
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Gamdias hits the ground running with the Chione M3 240W all-in-one liquid cooler. This affordable offering delivers a one-two punch with its all-white design and solid performance for the price. The M3 240W is an intriguing option for those looking to stick to a budget.

Show full review

Good review. Seems to perform well for what most people would use it for. The key point here is that it's an all white colour scheme. As you said, it may not be uniform, but who's going to tell from outside the case.

Last edited:

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Good review. Seems to perform well for what most people would use it for. The point here is that it's an all white colour scheme. As you said, it may not be uniform, but who's going to tell from outside the case.
Pretty much my only other complaint would be the shorter warranty but it offset by the more affordable price. In essence its an budget focused all white AIO and in that regard it ticks the boxes. Would be nice if the white was more uniform. Or maybe a high contrast look instead example black wires, black heatshrink on the tubing etc. would eliminate some of the off white color clashing but then it wouldnt be an all white design anymore I suppose. Anyway I have seen far worse for sure and usually at a higher price.

In essence its an budget focused all white AIO and in that regard it ticks the boxes.
Exactly. And for those seeking an option for an all white, or mostly white, build it should offer a good value!
Would be nice if the white was more uniform.
Agreed. Keep in mind though, matching white colour in various materials can be very challenging. It's easy to get all black parts to a uniform black because black is black. Getting a uniform white is not so easy. Some level of compromise must be made. Anyone with experiences trying to do white themed builds will know this and likely not worry too much about minor variances, especially when using RGB lighting where the colour emissions and/or changes are going to mask such variations.

crazyeyesreaper

Not a Moderator
Staff member
System Name Old reliable
Cooling Custom Water
Storage 3x SSDs 2x HDDs
Mouse Mionix NAOS 7000
Keyboard Mionix
Exactly. And for those seeking an option for an all white, or mostly white, build it should offer a good value!

Agreed. Keep in mind though, matching white colour in various materials can be very challenging. It's easy to get all black parts to a uniform black because black is black. Getting a uniform white is not so easy. Some level of compromise must be made. Anyone with experiences trying to do white themed builds will know this and likely not worry too much about minor variances, especially when using RGB lighting where the colour emissions and/or changes are going to mask such variations.
oh i know its a pain to match, but in some situations there is no excuse. For example the pump block the upper half is a different shade of white compared to the bottom half. Both are plastic. Obviously metal / plastic / rubber / etc that will be a challenge to match no matter what. But when the pump block has 2 different shades of white just on the outer forms and the fans are different as well. Its a situation where at least in regards to plastics it would have been nice to see them more uniform. I forgive the others since the material differences ups the difficulty tremendously but when the same material is also different thats an area that more attention to detail would have paid dividends.

oh i know its a pain to match, but in some situations there is no excuse.
I understand your perspective. I'm a bit more forgiving though. I'd rather have something that work well but isn't strictly perfect than not have anything at all.
Its a situation where at least in regards to plastics it would have been nice to see them more uniform.
Agreed.
I forgive the others since the material differences ups the difficulty tremendously but when the same material is also different thats an area that more attention to detail would have paid dividends.
And the expense of making a perfect match is likely why they went for "close even though not perfect". As mentioned about, I'm willing to forgive that kind of thing for the sake of having an affordable all-white solution. My customers and client will as well. There are options out there that perform a bit better and are perfectly colour matched, but at nearly twice the price and in some cases more. $99 for 240w of cooling power is a great value that will appeal to many.