• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

90c+ CPUs

For AMD 7000, reviewers keep saying that AMD has notify them about it and that 95C is the maximum safe 24/7 everyday temperature and not the absolute max operating temperature.
Personally I wouldn't say they're designed / going to fail, but aggressive thermal cycling / electro-migration is still bad for electronics regardless of "100c CPU's are normal" marketing used to wallpaper over the fact Intel vs AMD are engaged in some dumb pre-overclock Pentium-4 style p*ssing content pushing chips way past their sweet spot on the efficiency curve. I can't say I like this 'direction' here at all vs simply leaving overclocking to overclockers. What's the point of K/X branded unlocked chips if there's no headroom for those who want to overclock, whilst those who don't end up with sh*tty thermals they never asked for anyway. I'd definitely second adding a page to the reviews testing performance / thermals at 65w, and test with a 65w rated stock cooler / Noctua L9i. That will "separate the wheat from the chaff" as far as "we made our chip faster (IPC)" vs "it's only faster because we turned it into a furnace..."

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Personally I wouldn't say they're designed / going to fail, but aggressive thermal cycling / electro-migration is still bad for electronics regardless of "100c CPU's are normal" marketing used to wallpaper over the fact Intel vs AMD are engaged in some dumb pre-overclock Pentium-4 style p*ssing content pushing chips way past their sweet spot on the efficiency curve. I can't say I like this 'direction' here at all vs simply leaving overclocking to overclockers. What's the point of K/X branded unlocked chips if there's no headroom for those who want to overclock, whilst those who don't end up with sh*tty thermals they never asked for anyway. I'd definitely second adding a page to the reviews testing performance / thermals at 65w, and test with a 65w rated stock cooler / Noctua L9i. That will "separate the wheat from the chaff" as far as "we made our chip faster (IPC)" vs "it's only faster because we turned it into a furnace..."

There isn't a point in K-chips since Coffee Lake.

Kaby Lake was the last good overclocker and even then ran hot, and ironically also the last quad core top end consumer CPU. Intel didn't progress, they just took our OC headroom. AMD took 4 iterations of Zen to get to the point Intel got to over 9 generations of Core. GPU is similarly pointless since Pascal. The only real CPU progress we got since Skylake is new DDR and elevated core counts, let's face it. The rest is... margin of error nonsense at best. It shows because you can still run most stuff on ancient CPUs. The elevated core counts now go along with better multithreading than we had in the quadcore era, that's where the real movement in perf is at. Big Little is also all about more multithreading while not sacrificing ST. As are these new temp targets. The simple fact is, only IPC advances are not enough to warrant new CPU generations, but money must roll, and we support this, every time.

The new OC is the undervolt. Its a perspective thing mostly, but to me a good OC has always been about an efficiency/perf sweet spot, not just yanking the voltage up for maximum clock.

Last edited:
Only a tiny amount of use cases really needs 250 to 300w cpu at 90c+. Mainly for servers and some workstation.

E.g from tpu review, at 4k all core 5.1ghz 7950x consumes 55w and 1% difference with max power config.

Almost all users won't see any productivity or FPS difference if they're using a processor from the last few generations and game at a modern resolution like 4K. 1080p was the high end 10 years ago... shouldn't even be in reviews now?

Only a tiny portion of users do so much encoding, rendering or low res gaming it'd make sense to pay the premium for the latest chips.

I can't agree with the review conclusions for those reasons. Almost everyone better off on AM4 for years more.

Inflation is present in the states, but if you managed to retain employment through the pandemic, it's not cutting in as much as many would have you believe.

Of course, if you are homeless/jobless, a cpu may not be your primary worry.
Getting a little off topic here, however security of employment is threatened by rising inflation in the private sector. This dynamic never changes throughout economic history.

System Name Hotbox
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, 110/95/110, PBO +150Mhz, CO -7,-7,-20(x6),
Motherboard ASRock Phantom Gaming B550 ITX/ax
Cooling LOBO + Laing DDC 1T Plus PWM + Corsair XR5 280mm + 2x Arctic P14
Memory 32GB G.Skill FlareX 3200c14 @3800c15
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Storage 2TB Adata SX8200 Pro
Display(s) Dell U2711 main, AOC 24P2C secondary
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Optoma Nuforce μDAC 3
Power Supply Corsair SF750 Platinum
Mouse Logitech G603
Keyboard Keychron K3/Cooler Master MasterKeys Pro M w/DSA profile caps
Software Windows 10 Pro
They're all on the take from Big Tech.
Shit. You're right - they're literally paying them! Like, salaries, even! Check mate, man.

As has been said by several people above here, I'm not worried about these thermals. Laptops and a lot of other hardware operates at these temperatures entirely safely. Yes, laptops fail more often than desktops, but when that is caused by thermals it is mostly VRMs failing, not CPUs. And you obviously still need VRM cooling on your desktop. There also won't be excessive heat dissipated into the board from these chips despite their high thermals - the high thermals are caused by an inability to efficiently dissipate heat into the cooler, after all. The additional heat through the socket will be negligible over what is caused by the increased CPU power.

AMD is saying these chips can run 24/7 at 95°C, and I trust them when saying that. The Zen3 boost and voltage control and chip protection system has already proven itself to be very capable, and this is improved over that. Us enthusiasts need to change our thinking though. Our already rather irrational preference for more or less arbitrarily low temperatures will no longer work - we need to start trusting the chips to govern themselves. They can do so far better than we can, after all. No human can keep track of core voltages thousands of times a second, or temperatures, or clock speeds. That's just reality. PCs are for using, not monitoring.

That increased CPU power worries me more, especially as a long-time SFF builder. Luckily it seems that these chips have tons of potential for power limit tuning while sacrificing minimal performance, especially in ST but also MT. I'd be very interested to see what a 7600X could do in my Densium 4+ with a Noctua L9, but I won't be upgrading that system any time soon.

A more significant issue IMO is that this change necessitates a paradigm shift in how we think of fan control - a linear relation between fan speeds and core temperature is insufficient now that CPUs are doing this degree of fine-grained boost and power control at high temperatures. Controlling fans by CPU power, but somehow also weighted by temperature, would likely be better. This is what laptops do after all, and it allows them to run relatively quietly (for their size).

1080p was the high end 10 years ago... shouldn't even be in reviews now?
80% of the market use 1080p or less (vs 10.9% 1440p, 2.5% 4k & 2.4% Ultrawide). It's as mainstream relevant as you can get and simply an example of "good enough = here to stay" (just like we went from 3-8TB HDD's back to 0.5-2TB SSD's). If the average person doesn't feel they need more, then that is what mainstream becomes.

Only a tiny portion of users do so much encoding, rendering or low res gaming it'd make sense to pay the premium for the latest chips.
Agreed, but even then a lot of consumers over-estimate it. Eg, a lot of 'content creators' have figured out there's zero point buying a 16-core CPU for CPU-based archival quality x264 encoding to upload to Youtube when the first thing Youtube does it recompress it at their end using hardware-encoding anyway, ie, might as well use NVEnc, etc, in the first place at which point even 2 vs 16 cores becomes moot for Youtubers. Same goes for streamers using external HDMI capture / broadcast devices, video captured on phones, all GPU fixed-function encoder based. Not to mention editing software has gotten smarter, ie, add 5mins worth of overlays / fade-outs / on-screen displays to 2hrs of footage, and it will intelligently recompress only that 5mins rather than brute-force the whole 2hrs. It's ironic that the era that produced mega-cored CPU's is the same one that needs them less for consumer video vs batch ripping DVD to Divx overnight all those years ago.

System Name Holiday Season Budget Computer (HSBC)
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6500 XT 4 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was surprised while reading the review that even Arctic Freezer II wasn't able to get it under 90 °C when loaded, though it wasn't mentioned which size of the radiator was used. I wonder how the "next gen" AIOs will have to be designed to get those temperatures lower, even though that's a new safe temperature.
That's because of how the CPU boosts. If you have a better cooler, it'll push itself higher, and you'll still reach 95 °C. Only when you reach the chip's architectural limitations with thermal headroom will you see temps below 90, but you'll probably need liquid nitrogen, or at least a massive custom loop with multiple radiators for that.

If you think about it, Zen 4 is designed to give you everything that your cooling allows without any limitation on performance whatsoever.

OK, guys... I made a little sketch about the way I understand Zen 4's boosting behaviour so that we're all on the same page. I don't want to confuse anyone, so if someone knows better, please correct me.

Zen4boost.png

System Name Hotbox
Video Card(s) PowerColor Radeon 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate, UC@2250MHz max @~200W
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
That's because of how the CPU boosts. If you have a better cooler, it'll push itself higher, and you'll still reach 95 °C. Only when you reach the chip's architectural limitations with thermal headroom will you see temps below 90, but you'll probably need liquid nitrogen, or at least a massive custom loop with multiple radiators for that.

If you think about it, Zen 4 is designed to give you everything that your cooling allows without any limitation on performance whatsoever.

OK, guys... I made a little sketch about the way I understand Zen 4's boosting behaviour so that we're all on the same page. I don't want to confuse anyone, so if someone knows better, please correct me.

View attachment 263423
I think it's a bit more complex than that. Rather, we could say pre-Zen4 had "temperature limit" and "temperature limit before reducing boost clocks", and the boosting algorithm targeted the latter in long-term scenarios but the former in short-term ones. With Zen4 these are made one and the same, meaning that you don't get the same drop-off in boost clocks as the chip steps back from "oh shit I'm too hot" territory into "nice and toasty", as it no longer reaches anything it considers too hot, even while boosting.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
I think it's a bit more complex than that. Rather, we could say pre-Zen4 had "temperature limit" and "temperature limit before reducing boost clocks", and the boosting algorithm targeted the latter in long-term scenarios but the former in short-term ones. With Zen4 these are made one and the same, meaning that you don't get the same drop-off in boost clocks as the chip steps back from "oh shit I'm too hot" territory into "nice and toasty", as it no longer reaches anything it considers too hot, even while boosting.
...unless you reach 95 °C, which you definitely will. I guess it's more like a target temperature for Zen 4 rather than what we used to consider a "limit".

Pre-Zen 4 said: "If you reach X temperature, it's too hot and I'll decrease boost."
Zen 4 says: "If you don't reach 95 °C, you're not getting the most out of me."

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
...unless you reach 95 °C, which you definitely will. I guess it's more like a target temperature for Zen 4 rather than what we used to consider a "limit".

Pre-Zen 4 said: "If you reach X temperature, it's too hot and I'll decrease boost."
Zen 4 says: "If you don't reach 95 °C, you're not getting the most out of me."
Pretty much. For Zen3 (and before) 95 was "nope, not going there, slowing down now" territory, and boost clocks started dropping around 75. For Zen4, it instead treats 95 as fine, and tries to get as high clocks as possible while staying at or slightly below that threshold.

In a way this is a simplification of thermal management: instead of having a dynamic relationship between the three variables of temperature, power draw and clocks, it tries to peg one of them to a stable point and adjust the other two to keep it that way (though not completely - it's not like it stops fans at idle and allows the CPU to sit at 95 then too).

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
My experience so far is stock, on air, the i9 12900KS will boost and hold 5.2 GHz at 1.4V, sit at 100C and consume 350 watt package during Cinebench R23. Undervolted to 1.18V and restricted to 5GHz, i9 12900KS consumes 240 watt package and sit at 83C during Cinebench R23. In gaming loads, it merely consumes 65 watts and sits at 55C game load. The extra 100-400 MHz is nearly worthless unless you like wasting electricity. I am sure the Zen 4 stuff is similar, one could probably dial the voltage and core clock back slightly and reduce power consumption by 50 to 100 watts, and probably get to 70C instead of 95C.

Toothless

Tech, Games, and TPU!
Supporter
System Name Veral
Processor 5950x
Motherboard MSI MEG x570 Ace
Cooling Corsair H150i RGB Elite
Memory 4x16GB G.Skill TridentZ
Video Card(s) Powercolor 7900XTX Red Devil
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB, Samsung 980 1TB, Teamgroup MP34 4TB
Display(s) Acer Nitro XZ342CK Pbmiiphx + 2x AOC 2425W
Case Fractal Design Meshify Lite 2
Audio Device(s) Blue Yeti + SteelSeries Arctis 5 / Samsung HW-T550
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard Corsair K55
VR HMD HP Reverb G2
Software Windows 11 Professional
Benchmark Scores PEBCAK
I run Ryzen 5950x at perfect cool 80C tops, undervolted underclocked to 4 ghz. It's silent, fast, I don't need extra 20%, I am not in a hurry.
Also fans doesn't spin - TDP doesn't exceed 130W TDP even in harderst tasks
Mate my 5950x hits 80c tops with PBO/curve tweaked, 4.4 all core with a 4.95 single, as the chip is intended. Your cooler is just not enough for that chip if it can't cool 130w.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Mate my 5950x hits 80c tops with PBO/curve tweaked, 4.4 all core with a 4.95 single, as the chip is intended. Your cooler is just not enough for that chip if it can't cool 130w.
Hey now, don't crap on people's insistence on holding on to outdated and poorly suited ways of clock and power tuning. Not everyone can adjust to new developments ;)

Software Windows 10 Pro
My experience so far is stock, on air, the i9 12900KS will boost and hold 5.2 GHz at 1.4V, sit at 100C and consume 350 watt package during Cinebench R23. Undervolted to 1.18V and restricted to 5GHz, i9 12900KS consumes 240 watt package and sit at 83C during Cinebench R23. In gaming loads, it merely consumes 65 watts and sits at 55C game load. The extra 100-400 MHz is nearly worthless unless you like wasting electricity. I am sure the Zen 4 stuff is similar, one could probably dial the voltage and core clock back slightly and reduce power consumption by 50 to 100 watts, and probably get to 70C instead of 95C.
I watched JayzTwoCents experimenting with a 7950X overclock/undervolt in this video. If I remember right (I was pretty tired), he didn't have much success. It might be better to leave clocks and voltages alone and enable Eco mode, or decrease PPT and call it a day.

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) ASUS PROART RTX 4070 Ti-Super OC 16GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
I watched JayzTwoCents experimenting with a 7950X overclock/undervolt in this video. If I remember right (I was pretty tired), he didn't have much success. It might be better to leave clocks and voltages alone and enable Eco mode, or decrease PPT and call it a day.
Might also be in need of a future bios update or motherboard revision before overclock/undervolting is worthwhile.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Tbh, at these power levels I see any attempt at overclocking as utterly pointless. Your CPU is already consuming massive amounts of power, and performing very well. Is it really worth increasing that power draw even further for a 1% performance increase? No. Just no. The only even marginally interesting form of tuning for these chips is power limiting and undervolting. OCing is just boring at this point, at least outside of LN2 and other exotic cooling.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Tbh, at these power levels I see any attempt at overclocking as utterly pointless. Your CPU is already consuming massive amounts of power, and performing very well. Is it really worth increasing that power draw even further for a 1% performance increase? No. Just no. The only even marginally interesting form of tuning for these chips is power limiting and undervolting. OCing is just boring at this point, at least outside of LN2 and other exotic cooling.
He only tried to overclock with the logic "if it overclocks by X, then it also undervolts by X". This logic might be flawed for Zen 4 which works at its peak pretty much straight out of the box.

So now that Intel i9 is 100c and now even amd 7600X is 90c.
What's the overall sentiment about running r5 class cpus at 90+c or any of these new cpus so hot?
For the longest or was always run it cooler or you will degrade your chip.
All of a sudden we're accepting 90C+? No one is worried about the 7900x dying in 3 years right out warranty?
The overclock era is over, welcome to the undervolt era.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
He only tried to overclock with the logic "if it overclocks by X, then it also undervolts by X". This logic might be flawed for Zen 4 which works at its peak pretty much straight out of the box.
Yeah, they've probably tuned it so that it goes really close to some combination of architectural/node limits at its nominal power budget. There's definitely more to be had with exotic cooling, but you might not get much more without it, as that might simply require unsafe core voltages.

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 160W PPT limit, 75C temp limit, CO -9~14
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F37h, AGESA V2 1.2.0.B
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 (Jan 2024) with off center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MHz 1.42V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:280, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~465W (390W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.5.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR1000, VRR on
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v23H2, OSB 22631.3737)
I was surprised while reading the review that even Arctic Freezer II wasn't able to get it under 90 °C when loaded, though it wasn't mentioned which size of the radiator was used. I wonder how the "next gen" AIOs will have to be designed to get those temperatures lower, even though that's a new safe temperature.
Because the more cooling you're adding the more the CPU boosts so its 95C all over. This continues until power limit reached. Its as "simple" as that

If any one wants decreased temp can either set lower temp limit or power limit.
Again simple as that...

I watched a test of the 7950X on stock settings with extreme cooling (LN2).
The CPU has reached a max of 5.7+GHz all core boost within stock power setting (200+W PPT) at Tdie: -60~70C

EDIT: typo

Last edited:
...The engineers know what they are doing.
Of course they do. No. They do what they are told by the (mis)management.
Just run the parts at next lower setting (105W or 65W or somewhere in between) and they'll be fine.

System Name Hotbox
Case SSUPD Meshlicious
Mouse Logitech G603
Software Windows 10 Pro
Of course they do. No. They do what they are told by the (mis)management.
Just run the parts at next lower setting (105W or 65W or somewhere in between) and they'll be fine.
They'll still be fine at 170W. Just hotter.

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
My take on it:
Heat is always an enemy of electronics, even if they are "Supposed" to tolerate it.

I've always had the mindset of "Cooler is better" for electronics since we all know they always fail in terms of overheating/burning up, not from being too cool/freezing.... That would only apply if on Ln2 and even in that case they could still burn up - It's happened before on Ln2 cooling.

When they do fail to work by being too cool or frozen (CB/CBB), you simply let them warm back up and they start working again.
Note that doesn't mean being frozen itself is exactly "Good" for them either, esp the extreme cooling kind of cold - That can make a chip fail over time too if it's frozen one too many times.

If you let one get too hot and it stops working, cooling it probrably won't work - That's the real difference between those terms and conditions.

If I ever get one I will be making all efforts to keep it as cool (Not frozen) as possible but at the same time that's just me - you guys can run them as you see fit to.

Last edited:
System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
I don't get it personally, so much drama.

ALL my CPUs have been run 24/7 365 at their top thermal limit.

And that's from a q6600, fx8350, 2600X 3800X and many more.

Wtaf do some of you do with your pc, nothing?!.

This shits only new because this generation chips are MADE to run hot, but but if you actually used your shit they already did.

System Name PC on since Aug 2019, 1st CPU R5 3600 + ASUS ROG RX580 8GB >> MSI Gaming X RX5700XT (Jan 2020)
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X (July 2022), 160W PPT limit, 75C temp limit, CO -9~14
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro (Rev1.0), BIOS F37h, AGESA V2 1.2.0.B
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420mm Rev7 (Jan 2024) with off center mount for Ryzen, TIM: Kryonaut
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo GTZN (July 2022) 3600MHz 1.42V CL16-16-16-16-32-48 1T, tRFC:280, B-die
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ RX 7900XTX (Dec 2023) 314~465W (390W current) PowerLimit, 1060mV, Adrenalin v24.5.1
Storage Samsung NVMe: 980Pro 1TB(OS 2022), 970Pro 512GB(2019) / SATA-III: 850Pro 1TB(2015) 860Evo 1TB(2020)
Display(s) Dell Alienware AW3423DW 34" QD-OLED curved (1800R), 3440x1440 144Hz (max 175Hz) HDR1000, VRR on
Case None... naked on desk
Audio Device(s) Astro A50 headset
Power Supply Corsair HX750i, 80+ Platinum, 93% (250~700W), modular, single/dual rail (switch)
Mouse Logitech MX Master (Gen1)
Keyboard Logitech G15 (Gen2) w/ LCDSirReal applet
Software Windows 11 Home 64bit (v23H2, OSB 22631.3737)
Its not confirmed yet, and I don't know if it ever will/can but Tjmax of these CPUs is said to be 110~115C.
So 95C is not that bad considering this. Its just us, most of us, that do not accept this kind of temperature in our minds for electronics.

And do not confuse heat with temperature. Its very different things. And most rules of yesterday will be broken by the tomorrow's.
(most)Humans like and feel comfortable when nothing changes.

If I ever get one I will be making all efforts to keep it as cool (Not frozen) as possible but at the same time that's just me - you guys can run them as you see fit to.
No real effort needed really. I mean dont make it sound like it will take a load of money and/or personal work (to set a loop for example).

You can slap the best ever water cooler loop on the AM5 system. It will still hit the 95C. What you are gaining out of better cooling is more boost.

You want lower temp?
Limit the temperature or the power and loose the whatever boost.

1+1=2