• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gigabyte X570S AERO G

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
Like @Mussels asked? It will install Norton Security if you don't uncheck it when installing updates from inside Gigabyte software. Otherwise Patriot RGB is not automatically installed anymore (or ever was a option to begin with). At least, it hasn't happened to me. I'm starting to think this that is actually a windows update thing that is being blamed on Gigabyte because its installed on other none-gigabyte before.
Nah it's bundled installers in *some* of their products, they stopped doing it for new ones but never removed it from the old downloads

This particular board is likely free of the crapware

If you install the software direct for a motherboard you get the crapware, but if you let the aorus software (do they call it app center now?) and let it download them you dont get them
Feel free to install the software for my gigabyte monitor to verify i'm not making it up, but be warned it conflicted with asus aura and erased the SPD values on one of my vengeance RGB sticks

All the mobo companies made deals to get the RGB ram compatibility working and had to bundle the third party software with theirs to make them compatible, but when it all went to shit with corrupting SPD values and causing BSOD's they backtracked and pretended it never happened

This is the example of it that had me worried when i posted:
G32QC Gaming Monitor Support | Monitor - GIGABYTE Global

1667360459383.png

and the required OSD sidekick (Note that you MUST use this version, its specific to each display and not a universal software)
1667360475672.png

There is just one exe for sidekick and no mention of the extra softwares at all
1667360571480.png

Someone on reddit had the same experience:

OSD sidekick includes RGB fusion, which includes the third party RGB software - and when you're not expecting it and have conflicting software, things go bad
RGB Fusion 2.0 just installed itself along with the "OSD sidekick" for my new monitor (G27Q) Am I screwed? : gigabyte (reddit.com)

Last edited:
Yeah, I try to avoid any rgb or extra vendor software because of that :D

So if I don't install the gigabyte software center (whatever the name), I won't get anything bundled in? I ask this because I learned recently Asus uses a windows function to install Armory Crate on first boot unless you disable an option on the bios, no such thing with this gigabyte board right?

I try to only install the hardware drivers and to get them from the vendor (realtek, intel, amd, ...) whenever possible

ir_cow

Staff member
So if I don't install the gigabyte software center (whatever the name), I won't get anything bundled in? I ask this because I learned recently Asus uses a windows function to install Armory Crate on first boot unless you disable an option on the bios, no such thing with this gigabyte board right?
Its the same for ASRock, ASUS, MSI, and Gigabyte. They all have a popup that asks if you want to install the software. This can be turned of in the BIOS. Usually its deep in the menus though.

auto-install.jpg

abceleung

Sorry for necro. Does anyone know if I can replace the WIFI module by myself? From what I saw the M.2 WIFI card is detachable

dibberharlo

Another necro, but does SAM/Resize BAR work on this motherboard? I saw comments at launch saying that this board did not have it or if you activated it in BIOS it wouldn't work in the OS.

ir_cow

Staff member
Another necro, but does SAM/Resize BAR work on this motherboard? I saw comments at launch saying that this board did not have it or if you activated it in BIOS it wouldn't work in the OS.
It does have Re-Size support (check image link). If I recalled correctly the X570 at launch didn't have resize because it wasn't out yet. The X570S models all should have it with the first BIOS release. Either way. Update to the newest and you will have support. Just need to enable it because it is disabled by default.

Mussels

Freshwater Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rainbow Sparkles (Power efficient, <350W gaming load)
Processor Ryzen R7 5800x3D (Undervolted, 4.45GHz all core)
Motherboard Asus x570-F (BIOS Modded)
Cooling Alphacool Apex UV - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora + EK Quantum ARGB 3090 w/ active backplate
Memory 2x32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance RGB @3866 C18-22-22-22-42 TRFC704 (1.4V Hynix MJR - SoC 1.15V)
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 SG 24GB: Underclocked to 1700Mhz 0.750v (375W down to 250W))
Storage 2TB WD SN850 NVME + 1TB Sasmsung 970 Pro NVME + 1TB Intel 6000P NVME USB 3.2
Display(s) Phillips 32 32M1N5800A (4k144), LG 32" (4K60) | Gigabyte G32QC (2k165) | Phillips 328m6fjrmb (2K144)
Case Fractal Design R6
Audio Device(s) Logitech G560 | Corsair Void pro RGB |Blue Yeti mic
Power Supply Fractal Ion+ 2 860W (Platinum) (This thing is God-tier. Silent and TINY)
Mouse Logitech G Pro wireless + Steelseries Prisma XL
Keyboard Razer Huntsman TE ( Sexy white keycaps)
VR HMD Oculus Rift S + Quest 2
Software Windows 11 pro x64 (Yes, it's genuinely a good OS) OpenRGB - ditch the branded bloatware!
Benchmark Scores Nyooom.
To my knowledge they do, based on a similar x570s board one of my friends owns