• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ZEPHONE Tiger Planar Magnetic Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
ZEPHONE aims to use its 25 years of experience in the audio space to target a more premium headphones market. The all new ZEPHONE Tiger uses custom planar magnetic drivers in a novel chassis design, with the goal of providing an authentic and enjoyable listening experience without breaking the bank.

Show full review

Space Lynx

Astronaut
good review.

@VSG I want to see you review these at some point: Rode NTH-100 I really want to buy them after watching a few reviews online. However... I trust your opinion more than theirs. So... yeah lol

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
good review.

@VSG I want to see you review these at some point: Rode NTH-100 I really want to buy them after watching a few reviews online. However... I trust your opinion more than theirs. So... yeah lol
Rode never replied to my email about it unfortunately, and I don't have spare funds to go buy review samples either.

and now you are starting to see why @VSG never gets replies on reviewing headphones for companies. he is brutally honest.

lmao. its a double edged sword i suppose :roll:

The entire audio community is fucking brutal to stuff. It's funny people claim "snake oil, everywhere!" when the reality is shit like thousand dollar cables gets mocked into the ground relentlessly and people call a turd a turd all the time. There was a moment where people were selling chunks of black wood and metal to stop radiation and they got crucified with a quickness.

Where that doesn't happen all the time is when it's 1.) a first attempt at something and there is potential there it just needs some work, (and if it's fixed people will loudly change that opinion with a quickness) or 2.) they just come out and say "look it's 500 buck cable, we are a small company, it's hand built, it's not magic, we used quality materials, it's built to the most extreme standards, and it's going to last you forever also we have to pay our staff" at which point people will happily buy the cable (people like a good cable and if you've had multiple cheap ones break on you and had to wait for a new one, or had to toss headphones due to cables you get why over built to the point of absurdity ones sell).

Space Lynx

Astronaut
The entire audio community is fucking brutal to stuff. It's funny people claim "snake oil, everywhere!" when the reality is shit like thousand dollar cables gets mocked into the ground relentlessly and people call a turd a turd all the time. There was a moment where people were selling chunks of black wood and metal to stop radiation and they got crucified with a quickness.

Where that doesn't happen all the time is when it's 1.) a first attempt at something and there is potential there it just needs some work, (and if it's fixed people will loudly change that opinion with a quickness) or 2.) they just come out and say "look it's 500 buck cable, we are a small company, it's hand built, it's not magic, we used quality materials, it's built to the most extreme standards, and it's going to last you forever also we have to pay our staff" at which point people will happily buy the cable (people like a good cable and if you've had multiple cheap ones break on you and had to wait for a new one, or had to toss headphones due to cables you get why over built to the point of absurdity ones sell).

I have a Belkin microphone from 2002 or so that still works great and people say I still sound great on it. The cable on it is the cheapest piece of shit I ever felt in my life, still works perfect, cost $20 even way back then. lol

Don't kid yourself mate, we just got used to living in a throwaway culture. Most cables are just fine for life if you treat them right.

I have a Belkin microphone from 2002 or so that still works great and people say I still sound great on it. The cable on it is the cheapest piece of shit I ever felt in my life, still works perfect, cost $20 even way back then. lol

Don't kid yourself mate, we just got used to living in a throwaway culture. Most cables are just fine for life if you treat them right.

We did get used to living in a toss it in the trash culture. As for cables and stuff it varies. I've got HD 280 pros that are built like a tank and other than sending them in for the pads every five years are immortal. I've also had earphones where the cables went bad in a few months. I've also got shure IEMs where due to the nature of the forming wire in the top of them it will cut the wires and break every X bends. This is fine if you leave them at your desk. But for on the go it's a no no.

It's all over the map really. My old Nintendo works, with enough blowing on the cart and gimicks. Everything disk based or needs a fan breaks down.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
We did get used to living in a toss it in the trash culture. As for cables and stuff it varies. I've got HD 280 pros that are built like a tank and other than sending them in for the pads every five years are immortal. I've also had earphones where the cables went bad in a few months. I've also got shure IEMs where due to the nature of the forming wire in the top of them it will cut the wires and break every X bends. This is fine if you leave them at your desk. But for on the go it's a no no.

It's all over the map really. My old Nintendo works, with enough blowing on the cart and gimicks. Everything disk based or needs a fan breaks down.

Yeah, I was just looking at my old GameBoy Color the other day, popped in some batteries and works like a charm. It sucks that everything uses non-replaceable lithium or like you said fans that break down now adays... so much of this tech is just going to be in a landfill... really sad.