• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Focal Bathys Bluetooth Active Noise Cancelling Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Focal enters the competitive wireless ANC headphones market with the all-new Bathys. It is a $799 audiophile-centric set of over-ear, closed-back headphones with hybrid ANC, physical controls, app-based customization, and even a dedicated USB DAC mode that aims for a punchy and satisfying sound you can take on the go.

Show full review

Milking the brand name. Classic.

I think it would be nice if you figured out a way to measure latency for wireless headphones for the reviews, some are really bad, to the point where buying them for gaming and movies is a bad idea.

Excellent review, Thank you !
nice upgrade over my 4 yo QC 35II
this was the product and review I was looking for.

You can send to Focal the link of your review I think, always interesting for Engi team to get this kind of detailled feed-backs.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Excellent review, Thank you !
nice upgrade over my 4 yo QC 35II
this was the product and review I was looking for.

You can send to Focal the link of your review I think, always interesting for Engi team to get this kind of detailled feed-backs.
I don't have a direct contact with Focal unfortunately, but I did send it to the local PR firm for the company so let's see if it reaches them.

It's a shame LDAC codec is missing.

I'm guessing they (correctly) assume that if someone wants to use them for quality they'll use them over a wire and turn off ANC to start with. And if someone is using them without a wire and with ANC sound quality isn't the point there.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I'm guessing they (correctly) assume that if someone wants to use them for quality they'll use them over a wire and turn off ANC to start with. And if someone is using them without a wire and with ANC sound quality isn't the point there.
You can't turn off ANC here, there's actually no passive mode either.