• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lian Li Lancool 216 RGB

they are just simply noisy, at low speeds, at moderate speeds when compared even with "cheap" artic fans. I had experience with other case brands, for the cost theirs are really bad
Well, not sure what else to say other than my Lancool III with stock fans is honestly the quietest case I've ever owned, quieter than some "silence"-focused cases I've bought in the past with noise-dampening padding. This is after I've customized the fan curve, but I've never had temps this good with a fan curve this restrained before. Would fans from arctic, noctua, or other companies be even quieter? Maybe, but this is still pretty quiet to me, as someone who values low noise levels.

Processor Ryzen 5 5700x
Motherboard B550 Elite
Cooling Thermalright Perless Assassin 120 SE
Memory 32GB Fury Beast DDR4 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 3060 ti gaming oc pro
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 1TB, WD SN850x 1TB, plus some random HDDs
Display(s) LG 27gp850 1440p 165Hz 27''
Case Lian Li Lancool II performance
Power Supply MSI 750w
Mouse G502
Well, not sure what else to say other than my Lancool III with stock fans is honestly the quietest case I've ever owned, quieter than some "silence"-focused cases I've bought in the past with noise-dampening padding. This is after I've customized the fan curve, but I've never had temps this good with a fan curve this restrained before. Would fans from arctic, noctua, or other companies be even quieter? Maybe, but this is still pretty quiet to me, as someone who values low noise levels.

There's always the comparison factor, someone screaming is still quiet compared to a thunder. That's also not my point, for that price, fans should be a little better.

There's always the comparison factor, someone screaming is still quiet compared to a thunder. That's also not my point, for that price, fans should be a little better.
Okay, don't be ridiculous. I said quiet because I meant quiet. It's nearly inaudible at idle in a sealed room with no other sources of noise. Not sure how else I can communicate this.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair MP600 Pro LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Pretty nice case overall.

Be nice if there was a hdd/pwr led and I prefer having mic and ears on separate plugs also.

ANiceGuy

Does anyone know if there is any point in placing 2x 140mm fans at the bottom? Or does the placement of a PSU not completely block the air passage for the fan(s)? (Btw I've never built a PC before as a heads up) It's weirdly the only thing I'm concerned about in this case even though I've seen a video using two bottom intake fans. If one of the two 140mm fans is blocked by the PSU I can stick to using one at the bottom right?

Does anyone know if there is any point in placing 2x 140mm fans at the bottom? Or does the placement of a PSU not completely block the air passage for the fan(s)? (Btw I've never built a PC before as a heads up) It's weirdly the only thing I'm concerned about in this case even though I've seen a video using two bottom intake fans. If one of the two 140mm fans is blocked by the PSU I can stick to using one at the bottom right?
There will be an inch or so of space for the fan over the PSU to pull air through. It's not a lot, but it'll do something. That fan will also pull in air from behind and the side of the PSU. The other fan closer to the front of the case will move more air. I'd just do both if you're gonna use the bottom fan slots at all, though they're not necessary for good performance.

ANiceGuy

There will be an inch or so of space for the fan over the PSU to pull air through. It's not a lot, but it'll do something. That fan will also pull in air from behind and the side of the PSU. The other fan closer to the front of the case will move more air. I'd just do both if you're gonna use the bottom fan slots at all, though they're not necessary for good performance.
Alright, thanks for the info. Anyways, I watched a video and apparently, it showed that some 140mm could potentially not fit in the rear of the case, including Lian Li's own daisy chaining fans, I'm hoping I won't have to face this issue if I get the case.