• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Diablo IV Pre-Purchase Available Now. Releases June 6, 2023

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Diablo IV, the next generation installment in the genre-defining series by Blizzard Entertainment, will be released on June 6, 2023. Diablo IV will feature cross-platform play and progression on Windows PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, plus couch co-op on consoles at launch.

"We are excited to soon be opening the gates to our most brutal vision of Sanctuary yet with Diablo IV," said Rod Fergusson, general manager of Diablo. "We are bringing the darkness of the original game, fusing it with the progression elements of Diablo II and the visceral combat of Diablo III, culminating in the vast, active overworld of Diablo IV, which has been built to be supported for years to come. Players will have more choices than ever before as they battle unspeakable horrors, explore dungeons, collect Legendary loot, and uncover what the return of Lilith, the Blessed Mother, means for the world of Sanctuary."

The demon Lilith and the angel Inarius united to create the world of Sanctuary in their desire to escape the Eternal Conflict between Heaven and Hell. But now, decades after the events of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls, they are bitter enemies who have resorted to war against each other with their respective followers. The lands of Sanctuary have become plagued with ceaseless demons, and only the most steadfast of heroes will be able to hold in the face of darkness. Players will enter the world with their choice of five classes—the shapeshifting Druids, agile Rogues, elemental Sorceresses, brutal Barbarians, and cunning Necromancers. As players grow in power, they can build their gameplay experience in directions that appeal to them, experimenting with skill trees to showcase complimenting spells and abilities.

Debuting in the Diablo universe is an expansive overworld. Players will drive back the demons of Hell across the diverse zones of Sanctuary—the snow-frosted forests of Fractured Peaks, the windswept highlands of Scosglen, the festering swamps of Hawezar, the barren wastelands of the Dry Steppes, and the deserts of Kehjistan, home to the central city of Caldeum. The non-linear experience consists of a captivatingly epic story, over 140 dungeons, side-quests, and a plethora of loot. Mighty World Bosses will emerge, taunting players to defeat them in groups for a chance at their spoils, and Strongholds stand in wait for heroic adventurers to claim once again for the citizens of Sanctuary.

Also advancing the world-class ARPG experience is a robust end-game system, where players will continue to grow in power as they take on a medley of challenges. There's the grueling Helltide, a regularly occurring event that brings a surge in demonic activity to Sanctuary, new ferocious and particularly challenging Nightmare Dungeons, an updated Paragon Board system to continue customizing heroes to new heights of power, Whispers of the Dead which grant Legendary rewards for selected world bounties, and Fields of Hatred offer designated grounds for building PvP renown.

Digital Pre-Purchase Editions & Bonuses
Diablo IV is available for digital pre-purchase as a Standard edition ($69.99), Deluxe edition ($89.99), and Ultimate edition ($99.99). Each digital edition includes one or more items to enlist against the Hellspawn that plague Sanctuary:
  • Standard Edition: Includes Open Beta Early Access, the Light Bearer Mount in Diablo IV, the Inarius Wings & Inarius Murloc Pet in Diablo III, the Amalgam of Rage Mount in World of Warcraft, and the Umber Winged Darkness Cosmetics Set in Diablo Immortal.
  • Deluxe Edition: Includes everything in the Standard edition, plus up to 4 days Early Access to Diablo IV's Launch, and Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock in Diablo IV, the Hellborn Carapace Mount Armor in Diablo IV, and the Temptation Mount in Diablo IV.
  • Ultimate Edition: Includes everything in the Deluxe edition, plus an Accelerated Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock in Diablo IV (a Premium Seasonal Battle Pass Unlock plus 20 Tier Skips and a cosmetic), and the Wings of the Creator Emote in Diablo IV.

The devout can also purchase the Diablo IV Limited Edition Collector's Box ($96.66), which includes a double-sided electric Candle of Creation, a cloth map of Sanctuary, an Occult Mousepad, a pin of the Horadrim, two matted fine art prints (18.54" x 10.79"), and a Diablo IV Collector's Edition Art book. Available for pre-purchase starting December 15 from the Blizzard Gear Store, and via select retailers in Australia and New Zealand.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name The Cum Blaster
Processor R9 5900x
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wifi
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer LT360
Memory 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix @ 3800C16
Video Card(s) 7900 XTX Nitro+
Storage Lots
Display(s) 4k60hz, 4k144hz
Case Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750W
see you in hell! ^_^
see you in hell bro! :)))
hey dude, I'll see you in hell xD

System Name 4K 144hz gaming PC :)
Processor Ryzen 9 7950X
Motherboard ASrock X670E Steel Legend
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73
Memory 2x16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5 6400 CL38 @ 6200 CL32
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom @ GS
Storage WB Black 1TB Pcie4
Display(s) iiyama G-MASTER G4380UHSU-B1
Case Lian Li O11D Evo
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 1300 G2
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Razer Ornata Chroma
Software Win 11 PRO
Benchmark Scores Time Spy: 34857 Time Spy Extreme: 19629 Port Royal: 28542 Speed Way: 11257 (Hall of Fame)
Finally! Will pre-order it, it's going to be a non productive summer and rest of 2023 :D

System Name Custom
Processor i9 9900k
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 arous master
Cooling corsair h150i
Memory 4x8 3200mhz corsair
Video Card(s) Galax RTX 3090 EX Gamer White OC
Storage 500gb Samsung 970 Evo PLus
Display(s) MSi MAG341CQ
Case Lian Li Pc-011 Dynamic
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro Wireless
Power Supply 850w Seasonic Focus Platinum
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Logitech G110
oh whos that archangel?

System Name The de-ploughminator Mk-II
Processor i7 13700KF
Motherboard MSI Z790 Carbon
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-226-XT + Phanteks T30
Memory 2x16GB G.Skill DDR5 7200Cas34
Video Card(s) Asus RTX4090 TUF
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVME
Display(s) 48" LG OLED C4
Case Corsair 5000D Air
Audio Device(s) KEF LSX II LT speakers + KEF KC62 Subwoofer
Power Supply Corsair HX850
Mouse Razor Death Adder v3
Keyboard Razor Huntsman V3 Pro TKL
Software win11
Yeah nah....everything that comes out of blizzard is just booboo nowadays

Processor Intel Core i7-5960X
Motherboard MSI X99S SLI PLUS
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GTX 1070 TI 8GB
Storage Sandisk Ultra II 240GB + HDD
Display(s) Benq GL2480 24" 1080p 75 Hz
Power Supply Seasonic M12II 520W
Mouse Logitech G400
Software Windows 10 LTSC
The trailer is certainly something that push me to pre-order it. Love it. But 69,99?
Man, the digital copies shouldn't cost more than 30 bucks. That's too much.

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
I hope Diablo IV takes after Diablo II and NOT Diablo 3.......now excuse me, I have to get back to playing my Bowazon now.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
There's no way in hell anyone should pre-purchase this. Every Blizzard launch for the last 15+ years has been a complete shitshow of bugs, server issues, and in the case of D3, D:I, and D2 remastered - a paid beta at best.

The Diablo team have repeatedly failed their fans, lost all earned trust, and proven that they are anti-consumer. These are red flags IN ADDTION TO all the usual reasons not to pre-order.

Of course I want D4 to be good, but Blizzard's track record has not justified a launch experience I'm looking forward too. D3 was almost completely killed off by the RMAH greed, and it was only brought back from the brink of cancellation because of fan outrage and damage to Blizzard's share price.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
There's no way in hell anyone should pre-purchase this. Every Blizzard launch for the last 15+ years has been a complete shitshow of bugs, server issues, and in the case of D3, D:I, and D2 remastered - a paid beta at best.

The Diablo team have repeatedly failed their fans, lost all earned trust, and proven that they are anti-consumer. These are red flags IN ADDTION TO all the usual reasons not to pre-order.

Of course I want D4 to be good, but Blizzard's track record has not justified a launch experience I'm looking forward too. D3 was almost completely killed off by the RMAH greed, and it was only brought back from the brink of cancellation because of fan outrage and damage to Blizzard's share price.

I will probably pre order before the relase like a monht before or so, mainly interested in a box copy tho I'm not sure if we will have that since thats how I bought D3 too 'standard edition, I aint spending a fortune on collector'

I had both D3 and the expansion pre ordered, did not have any serious issues on the launch day by the time I got my delivery and installed the game later the day.
I'm probably in the minority but I did have my share of fun with D3 around ~3000 hours played since the launch day which was mainly solo play and played most of the seasons too.
Also played D2 for 7+ years back in the days. 'both single player and closed battle net'

So for me if D4 is basically not worse than 3 then I will get my money's worth so I'm not worried about that. 'Did not play Immortal due to technical issues, don't care either nor about other Blizzard games'

This means that whatever other games I'm planning to play better do before D4 cause thats gonna make me no life the game for a while thats for sure.:laugh: 'same happened with 3..'

Mouse Logitech G400
Software Windows 10 LTSC
Pre-orders are always bad. When a game doesn't offer a demo, the player knows in advance that the game has problems.
That said, I haven't experienced any problems with Blizzard, D3 an D2R. When D3 was released there was the world waiting to join the servers, so that issue can be forgiven. With D4 will happen the same maybe. But I haven't experienced any bug or game breaking problem. What I don't like is to have to buy a DLC to play the necromancer class: that was a cheap shot to the players and in fact I didn't buy it.
I bought D2R some months ago and so far seems fine, doesn't feel like a beta and if I consider that it runs over the old D2 engine, I can only praise Blizzard for the work done, because the gameplay is smooth.
D2R also introduced a great support for controllers and I hope that D4 for PC will get that too. D3, instead, is still a mouse and keyboard experience and this prevents me to run it these days. I tried the controller first in POE and GD and was better than the mouse for me. I'm tired of clicks, I need to take care of my hands and POE is unberable on this regard.
I would buy D4 on day one, but I find these prices too high for a digital version, as I've said. Also, this time I'm waiting to see if all the classes will be available with the base game.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Waiting for this one. It looks promising but I'm not preordering anything. Very curious about the game though. Hope it gives me cold chills as it used to.

System Name Personal / HTPC
Processor Ryzen 5900x / Ryzen 5600X3D
Motherboard Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming 4 /ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming
Cooling Corsair H100i / bequiet! Pure Rock Slim 2
Memory 32GB DDR4 3200 / 16GB DDR4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA XC3 Ultra RTX 3080Ti / EVGA RTX 3060 XC
Storage 500GB Pro 970, 250 GB SSD, 1TB & 500GB Western Digital / lots
Display(s) Dell - S3220DGF & S3222DGM 32"
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo / CM HAF XB Evo
Audio Device(s) Logitech G35 headset
Power Supply 850W SeaSonic X Series / 750W SeaSonic X Series
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Black Microsoft Natural Elite Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 / Windows 10 Pro 64
I don't really understand the reasoning behind pre-ordering for digital copies. They don't run out of digital keys/copies.

Back in the days of physical copies I can completely understand when folks wanted to pre-order so they could almost guarantee getting a copy that comes into the store so they're not left standing there with their money on release day, hoping they can just walk in and buy one. Physical copies you had to deal with limited availability. It could be days or weeks before you might be able to get your hands on a physical copy if you didn't pre-order for a big name game releasing. Pre-ordering made sense in this case.

But digital - why do people still support pre-ordering, especially with how most games these days release with bad performance issues or bugs that prevent proper game play? Then you're left waiting until patches and bug fixes are released so you can enjoy the game.

Logically, it just seems stupid to freely give any game company your money before you know for sure how well the game runs and if any major bugs will prevent you from playing it right at release. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would support a game in this digital age based on the fact that many games release too early and need patches/updates to fix glaring issues.

System Name Red Devil
Processor AMD 5950x - Vermeer - B0
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z73 360mm; 14 x Corsair QL 120mm RGB Case Fans
Memory G.SKill Trident Z Neo 32GB Kit DDR4-3600 CL14 (F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB)
Video Card(s) PowerColor's Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT (Navi 21 XTX)
Storage 2 x Western Digital SN850 1GB; 1 x Samsung SSD 870EVO 2TB
Display(s) 3 x Asus VG27AQL1A; 1 x Sony A1E OLED 4K
Case Corsair Obsidian 1000D
Audio Device(s) Corsair SP2500; Steel Series Arctis Nova Pro Wireless (XBox Version)
Power Supply AX1500i Digital ATX - 1500w - 80 Plus Titanium
Mouse Razer Basilisk V3
Keyboard Razer Huntsman V2 - Optical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 11
True, but so many hours invested in past Diablos, I need to know where the story goes. I must play it. With that said, I won't be pre-ordering it though.

System Name Star Killer
Processor Intel 13700K
Motherboard ASUS RO STRIX Z790-H
Cooling Corsair 360mm H150 LCD Radiator
Memory 64GB Corsair Vengence DDR5 5600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 12GB Gaming Trio
Storage 1TB Samsung 980 x 1 | 1TB Crucial Gen 4 SSD x 1 | 2TB Samsung 990 Pro x 1
Display(s) 32inch ASUS ROG STRIX 1440p 170hz WQHD x 1, 24inch ASUS 165hz 1080p x 1
Case Lian Li O11D White
Audio Device(s) Creative T100 Speakers , Razer Blackshark V2 Pro wireless
Power Supply EVGA 1000watt G6 Gold
Mouse Razer Viper V2 Wireless with dock
Keyboard ASUS ROG AZOTH
Software Windows 11 pro
No matter how good a game sounds and looks, NEVER pre order anything! EVER!

No matter how good a game sounds and looks, NEVER pre order anything! EVER!
If gamers haven't figured out by now why publishers aggressively push the deadly combination of pre-orders (hand your money over before launch) + review embargoes (actively prevent gamers from finding out what a game is really like until after launch whilst still permitting gaming / tech sites from manufacturing hype out of Industry Bullshots + worthless trailers), they are quite frankly beyond any and all help... :banghead:

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)
No way Im preordering. Do not care for any mount/pet cosmetics. Even for starter edition, should just be base game only.
For me starter is $100 CAD with tax. F that.

System Name Personal \\ Work - HP EliteBook 840 G6
Processor 7700X \\ i7-8565U
Motherboard Asrock X670E PG Lightning
Cooling Noctua DH-15
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Black 32GB 6000MHz CL36 \\ 16GB DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ASUS RoG Strix 1070 Ti \\ Intel UHD Graphics 620
Storage 2x KC3000 2TB, Samsung 970 EVO 512GB \\ OEM 256GB NVMe SSD
Display(s) BenQ XL2411Z \\ FullHD + 2x HP Z24i external screens via docking station
Case Fractal Design Define Arc Midi R2 with window
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150 with Logitech Z533
Power Supply Corsair AX860i
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Corsair K55 RGB PRO
Software Windows 11 \\ Windows 10
The price... Blizzard, really, if you are trying to get our goodwill back so much with this, is that the real time?

System Name Gentoo64 /w Cold Coffee
Processor 9900K 5.2GHz @1.312v
Motherboard MXI APEX
Cooling Raystorm Pro + 1260mm Super Nova
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 4000-14-14-28-2T @1.6v
Video Card(s) RTX 4090 LiquidX Barrow 3015MHz @1.1v
Storage 660P 1TB, 860 QVO 2TB
Display(s) LG C1 + Predator XB1 QHD
Case Open Benchtable V2
Audio Device(s) SB X-Fi
Power Supply MSI A1000G
Mouse G502
Keyboard G815
Software Gentoo/Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Always only ever very fast
yup, D2 was the last great piece of this franchise, and it's been 20+ years

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
Haven't tested the D2 remaster ...
Is it good or ... ?

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't really understand the reasoning behind pre-ordering for digital copies. They don't run out of digital keys/copies.

Back in the days of physical copies I can completely understand when folks wanted to pre-order so they could almost guarantee getting a copy that comes into the store so they're not left standing there with their money on release day, hoping they can just walk in and buy one. Physical copies you had to deal with limited availability. It could be days or weeks before you might be able to get your hands on a physical copy if you didn't pre-order for a big name game releasing. Pre-ordering made sense in this case.

But digital - why do people still support pre-ordering, especially with how most games these days release with bad performance issues or bugs that prevent proper game play? Then you're left waiting until patches and bug fixes are released so you can enjoy the game.

Logically, it just seems stupid to freely give any game company your money before you know for sure how well the game runs and if any major bugs will prevent you from playing it right at release. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would support a game in this digital age based on the fact that many games release too early and need patches/updates to fix glaring issues.

I mean thats a legit question and I can't exactly answer it for you but I just like pre ordering games that I'm 100% sure I will like and I want to play it as soon as possible. 'yes not the next day, ASAP I even take days off for a relase if needed'
I've been pre ordering games since the CD version of Half Life 2 and so far I only had 1 game where I felt that it wasn't worht the pre order full price.

That being said I'm very well aware of my expectations and preferences + have a higher tolerance with small bugs than most ppl around here I would assume. 'honestly I don't care about small bugs as long as its not game breaking/preventing me from playing and enjoying the game'

Pre ordering and waiting for the launch date/sitting at the PC right when it unlocks kinda gives me a feeling like when I was a child on xmas day.:) 'I really can't explain it better'
I do prefer physical copies of games but lately they either don't exist only in digital form or only collector editions which I can't really afford.

Some ppl also care about the pre order bonuses like pets/wings and whatever else, personally I don't care much for those but if I'm already gonna buy the game anyway might as well get those along the way.

And ye prices are steep but what is cheap nowadays.. If D4 will offer me similar ammount of time/fun as D3 it was well worth it for me. 'I spent even more money on Borderlands 3 since relase but I also put 1000+ hours into it so its all good with me'

Mouse Logitech G400
Software Windows 10 LTSC
Is it good or ... ?
It's well done, but it keeps the D2 animations and mechanics: that in 2022 isn't really a plus. In the end is D2 with a different dress, so compared to the gameplay and animations of D3, GD and POE, feels clunky and slow: I hate moving in the tight underground levels in D2R.
I like the look of the levels, but I find the enemies and the fighting too repetitive.
I'd like to have a darker look and D4 seems to be better on this aspect.
But what I miss the most is the fact that there isn't a golemancer build like in POE. That is the best minion build ever for me.
Do I regret the purchase? Not really, but I played the game less than what I was expecting to do. So it's not my favourite.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I hope Diablo IV takes after Diablo II and NOT Diablo 3.......now excuse me, I have to get back to playing my Bowazon now.
Yep... I genuinely hope they took a long look at what evolved despite Diablo 3 and take the lesson to heart.

These games need depth.

It's well done, but it keeps the D2 animations and mechanics: that in 2022 isn't really a plus. In the end is D2 with a different dress, so compared to the gameplay and animations of D3, GD and POE, feels clunky and slow: I hate moving in the tight underground levels in D2R.
I like the look of the levels, but I find the enemies and the fighting too repetitive.
I'd like to have a darker look and D4 seems to be better on this aspect.
But what I miss the most is the fact that there isn't a golemancer build like in POE. That is the best minion build ever for me.
Do I regret the purchase? Not really, but I played the game less than what I was expecting to do. So it's not my favourite.
I agree, I didn't have as much fun with D2 as I used to. It did age, the framed animations indeed and the movement... god almighty. Hireling pathfinding is also... ouch. That Maggot Lair in Act 2 is just horrible all the way through.

Is it good or ... ?
Its a good remaster, and that is literally all it is. A graphics upgrade. Even the Quality of life stuff they added since release doesn't take that fact away, it seems like they want to preserve that too.

Last edited: