• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Epomaker EP75 Triple Mode Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Today we look at the Epomaker EP75 that features pretty much everything you can expect in a $150 keyboard including unique keycaps and switches, lubed stabilizers and foam dampening, extensive customization options, plenty of RGB lighting, and even hybrid wireless connectivity. The best part? It costs far less than $150!

Show full review

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
Another great review! This board looks and sounds amazing for the money. I'm loving those blue and white keycaps as well. Sadly, as great as this board seems to be, the legends on the keycaps don't light up and so I can't see the letters. However, I'm assuming that could be easily fixed with a keycap swap?

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Another great review! This board looks and sounds amazing for the money. I'm loving those blue and white keycaps as well. Sadly, as great as this board seems to be, the legends on the keycaps don't light up and so I can't see the letters. However, I'm assuming that could be easily fixed with a keycap swap?
Yeah, you can get a different keycap set. Just make sure it accommodates the 75% form factor (most sets will mention it in the product page) since some of the keys here are shorter than typical.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair MP600 Pro LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
"The ESA keycap profile won't be for everyone"

how did you like it?

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
"The ESA keycap profile won't be for everyone"

how did you like it?
I like it. I am getting more used to spherical keycap profiles but can't deal with taller ones such as SA, so this is a decent option in the middle.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair MP600 Pro LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I like it. I am getting more used to spherical keycap profiles but can't deal with taller ones such as SA, so this is a decent option in the middle.
those spherical keycaps remind me of 'classic' keyboards. Looks like one would have more 'grip' or 'tactile' feedback on/between keys?

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
A Request/Suggestion: When reviewing keyboards with RGB Lighting and Software, would it be possible to mention whether the software allows more fine grained customization of the lighting or if it only allows you to make the same changes that can be done through keyboard shortcuts. In my experience, most of the time the software offers no new capabilities for lighting and does the same exact thing the keyboard shortcuts do which is a big disappointment.

Also, it would be very appreciated if you could mention whether the software allows you to edit the lighting animations, specifically the colors used, i.e. are you able to take the rainbow wave animation and edit it to only display a gradient of different shades of blue, for example. Corsair's iCue software allows for this, but I don't like Corsair keyboards (and who wants the same keyboard that 100 million other people have anyway), so it'd be great to find this capability in another keyboard.

Again, in my experience, most of the time the software does not offer any new capabilities from the keyboard shortcuts, which makes you wonder why there's any software at all. This is an important buying point for me, and one that is never mentioned in the product descriptions (on Amazon or elsewhere) so it would be greatly appreciated if the reviews could mention this. Thank you.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
A Request/Suggestion: When reviewing keyboards with RGB Lighting and Software, would it be possible to mention whether the software allows more fine grained customization of the lighting or if it only allows you to make the same changes that can be done through keyboard shortcuts. In my experience, most of the time the software offers no new capabilities for lighting and does the same exact thing the keyboard shortcuts do which is a big disappointment.

Also, it would be very appreciated if you could mention whether the software allows you to edit the lighting animations, specifically the colors used, i.e. are you able to take the rainbow wave animation and edit it to only display a gradient of different shades of blue, for example. Corsair's iCue software allows for this, but I don't like Corsair keyboards (and who wants the same keyboard that 100 million other people have anyway), so it'd be great to find this capability in another keyboard.

Again, in my experience, most of the time the software does not offer any new capabilities from the keyboard shortcuts, which makes you wonder why there's any software at all. This is an important buying point for me, and one that is never mentioned in the product descriptions (on Amazon or elsewhere) so it would be greatly appreciated if the reviews could mention this. Thank you.
The video in the software page can be paused at the various lighting effects and you can see whether there are options to edit the effects accordingly. This also includes information on the exact colors on offer as well as how fine, or not, the steps are for brightness/speed/direction etc for the effects.