• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

2022-X58/1366 PIN Motherboards NVME M.2 SSD BIOS MOD Collection

fast23

Hello, unfortunately I understood too late, otherwise I would have bought an SSD with existing hardware identifier. Can you adapt the bios for ASUS Rampage II Extreme with PCI/VEN_0BDA&DEV_9210?
I have found a MMtool version that allows me to open the BIOS, but I don't understand how to enter the 0BDA and 9210. Thanks in advance.

Bennersen

Hi,
i have the same problem with my Asus Rampage II Extreme.

I tried the mmtool, but unfortunately it doesn't work with my changed values. I think it's the wrong module.
I've been trying for several days.

ID:
PCI\VEN_144D&DEV_A80A&SUBSYS_A801144D&REV_00

Can anybody help?

Thanks

ninoct13

Ciao,
ASUS SABERTOOTH x58
ID: PCI\VEN_C0A9&DEV_540A&SUBSYS_5021C0A9&REV_01
Tanks for help!

MossyCrane

Hello, Ismail
May the situation in Turkey get better. As if the war on Ukraine was not enough... This word is cruel. But thank you for your work, cause at least we have singular excellent individuals like you to on the right path. Your modified bioses are lengthening many motherboards' usefull lives. Many don't understand how much pollution happens when this motherboards are made and recycled, the best we can do is reuse them to their fullest.
Anyways, I don't know if this nvme ssd model is included into the p6t se 0909 bios you've made, but, if you can add it, I'd appreciate it, cause it's not showing in my boot devices. I don't know if you'll do so, judging from your first post, but I didn't quite understand what you meant when you called a bios "completed", so here I am, trying my luck. My SSD is an WD green 3500

Attachments

• IMG_20230302_041600388~2.jpg
    IMG_20230302_041600388~2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_20230302_043121285.jpg
    IMG_20230302_043121285.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 114

kidgamepro

Hi @İsmailTPC_Hastanesi ,

First I want to thank you for bringing a new life to our old X58 motherboard. I hope you and your friends/family are fine in Turkey regarding recent events.

I'm writing you down as I have a problem with a modded bios I made for Asus Rampage II Extreme. Booting the NVME SSD on cold boot is working but each time I am doing a windows restart, the bios freezes with a small white "-" showing on the top left side of the screen :'(
I've inserted the Nvme OpRom found on WinRaid forum using the VEN_ID and DEV_ID of my device (A Crucial P1 1TB, VEN_C0A9&DEV_2263). I have used MMTOOL 3.22 and the latest bios provided by @Regeneration. Here's a link to my buggy modded bios : https://www.mediafire.com/file/azxlhf2gc47c9j7/asusr2e_nvme_crucialp1.rom/file

I am still a beginner at bios modding so I hope you could help me find what I did wrong :)
Hey guys !

I was able to solve my problem and now I am able to restart from windows without any issue with my NVME modded bios.
What I have had to do was to use a different NVME Option ROM to mod my bios.

For a quick summary, there are two nvme oprom that you can use :

- VMware OpRom as can be found here with the download link there
- Samsung 950 OpRom as can be found here with the download link there. A shrunk version taking less space and working idendically has been made by someone on a russian forum. Download link there.

You can actually use the samsung 950 OpRom to boot any NVME devices, not specially this samung one. That's what I used for my Crucial P1 1TB. This OpRom has the advantage of not having the bug when rebooting. If you want to mod your bios yourself, I'd suggest following this guide from eierhals. Personnally, I used the "MMTool way" and it worked perfectly. All Bios files can be found in this forum.

If someone is interested, here's a link to download the modded bios I've made for Asus Rampage 2 Extreme motherboard with a Crucial P1 1TB NVME drive.

Ciao !

kostac

Hey guys !

I was able to solve my problem and now I am able to restart from windows without any issue with my NVME modded bios.
What I have had to do was to use a different NVME Option ROM to mod my bios.

For a quick summary, there are two nvme oprom that you can use :

- VMware OpRom as can be found here with the download link there
- Samsung 950 OpRom as can be found here with the download link there. A shrunk version taking less space and working idendically has been made by someone on a russian forum. Download link there.

You can actually use the samsung 950 OpRom to boot any NVME devices, not specially this samung one. That's what I used for my Crucial P1 1TB. This OpRom has the advantage of not having the bug when rebooting. If you want to mod your bios yourself, I'd suggest following this guide from eierhals. Personnally, I used the "MMTool way" and it worked perfectly. All Bios files can be found in this forum.

If someone is interested, here's a link to download the modded bios I've made for Asus Rampage 2 Extreme motherboard with a Crucial P1 1TB NVME drive.

Ciao !
Thanks for the input. My m/b is the gigabyte EX58-UD5 that has AWARD bios and not AMI.
Any idea how I can modify. mmtool doesn't open those

ninoct13

kidgamepro, grazie per la tua spiegazione, ho visto la guida e mi sembra abbastanza chiara, proverò ad inserire i dati del mio 2tb crucial p3 plus e ad aggiornare il bios.

Hey ragazzi !

Sono stato in grado di risolvere il mio problema e ora sono in grado di riavviare da Windows senza alcun problema con il mio bios modificato NVME.
Quello che ho dovuto fare è stato utilizzare una diversa Option ROM NVME per modificare il mio bios.

Per un breve riepilogo, ci sono due nvme oprom che puoi usare:

- VMware OpRom come può essere trovato qui con il link per il download
- Samsung 950 OpRom come può essere trovato qui con il link per il download . Una versione ridotta che occupa meno spazio e funziona in modo identico è stata realizzata da qualcuno su un forum russo . Link per il download lì.

Puoi effettivamente utilizzare Samsung 950 OpRom per avviare qualsiasi dispositivo NVME, non specialmente questo Samung. Questo è quello che ho usato per il mio Crucial P1 1TB. Questa OpRom ha il vantaggio di non avere il bug al riavvio. Se vuoi modificare tu stesso il tuo bios, ti suggerisco di seguire questa guida di eierhals. Personalmente, ho usato il "modo MMTool" e ha funzionato perfettamente. Tutti i file Bios possono essere trovati in questo forum .

Se qualcuno è interessato, ecco un link per scaricare il bios modificato che ho realizzato per la scheda madre Asus Rampage 2 Extreme con un'unità NVME Crucial P1 da 1 TB.

Ciao !
kidgamepro, grazie per la tua spiegazione, ho visto la guida e mi sembra abbastanza chiara, proverò ad inserire i dati del mio 2tb crucial p3 plus e ad aggiornare il bios.

kidgamepro

Thanks for the input. My m/b is the gigabyte EX58-UD5 that has AWARD bios and not AMI.
Any idea how I can modify. mmtool doesn't open those
Unfortunately I don't have any experience regarding Award Bios.
You might want to read this guide but be caraful as Award bios modding seems to be quite touchy. You should have a backup solution just in case.

kostac

You might want to read this guide but be caraful as Award bios modding seems to be quite touchy. You should have a backup solution just in case.
Thankfully it's dual bios, so should be fine..
I will check that guide.
I just wish Ismail would show up and fix it for the EX58-UD5.
This would be the best for the rest of us who don't have the expertise for bios modding adventures

OK, I very thoroughly read the guide and managed to get to the point where I can successfully import any of the 2 oprom.bin you suggested to the bios and update the m/b without any issues.
So this part is doable (I think).
Where I'm stuck is how to modify the oprom.bin (either of them) since neither of the included cs_fix nor the opromcfg launch in order to add my id's . What am I missing?

kidgamepro

That's because you need to use a windows command prompt to use these softwares. Nothing will happen if you just double click on them from the file explorer.
There is a guide in Russian explaining the whole procedure for Award Bios. With the help of a translator you should be able to achieve your mod :)

kostac

Success!
This guide is really good, it's of the "for dummies" variety so really everyone here can do it.
Though the ss950-1.bin was returning a checksum error, the nvmeoprom.bin did work as promised.
Thank you kid much appreciated
IMG_20230305_005748.jpg

kostac

The Russian one right above my previous post that kidgamepro linked.
Also some links from previous posts of him (in this page)

Bad_dude

CBROM32_195.zip file cannot be found. Any other link? Thanks.

kostac

CBROM32_195.zip file cannot be found. Any other link? Thanks
Every link you could possibly need has been given by kidgamepro. The only thing that you need to do is actually read the threads

fast23

Hello
ASUS SABERTOOTH x58
ID: PCI\VEN_C0A9&DEV_540A&SUBSYS_5021C0A9&REV_01
Tanks for help!
Please test and re-register.

Hello Ismail
May the situation in Turkey improve. As if the war against Ukraine wasn't enough... This word is cruel. But thank you for your work, because at least we have unique excellent personalities like you on the right track. Their modified bioses extend the useful life of many motherboards. Many don't understand how much pollution is created when these motherboards are manufactured and recycled. The best thing we can do is to reuse them to the fullest.
Anyway, I don't know if this NVME SSD model is included in the p6t se 0909 BIOS you created, but if you can add it, I'd appreciate it as it doesn't show up in my boot devices. I don't know if you will, judging by your first post, but I didn't quite understand what you meant when you called a bios "complete", so I'll try my luck here. My SSD is a WD Green 3500
Please test and re-register.

Attachments

• sabrtothcurp2.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 51
  • p6tsewd3500.rar
    898.5 KB · Views: 45
Last edited by a moderator:

Esch

Every link you could possibly need has been given by kidgamepro. The only thing that you need to do is actually read the threads
Similarly to the other lad, I also am looking for the CBROM32_195.zip, or a reliable link to download it... the link in the Russian how-to is dead and otherwise I have not seen other folks posting a reliable link here either.

What tool did you use instead to merge bin and BIOS? Could you be a gem and link to the relevant post? I've been reading boards up and down the past couple days, and I'm still not sure about the tool that replaced CBROM.

kostac

OK, I'll save you from most of the reading..

Esch

Thank you. I've been up and down the threads, countless windows open, retracing steps. Like yourself, I got a Gigabyte with Award BIOS. Following the Russian guide I got stuck at getting the CBROM file to merge modded bin file with the BIOS from Ismail... I appreciate pointing to information in this thread, though it ain't easy just jumping in without exactly understanding where to begin, especially with 0 understanding of BIOS modding (two step forward, failing/learning what's missing - or a few steps back, rinse/repeat).

Fingers crossed, all be grand...!

diamond1977

Hey friend, I'm amazing and thankful for what you've created.
I have a mobo d-x58 v1.6 OEM, how do I need to inform you?
To get the proper bios for the mobo I have, thanks in advance

Sorry for my bad english

Hardware ids : SCSI\DiskNVMe_____________KBG30ZMS256G_NVMe_TOSHIBA_256GBADDA0105

D-X58 V1.6.png
wa

Last edited:

kostac

Thank you. I've been up and down the threads, countless windows open, retracing steps. Like yourself, I got a Gigabyte with Award BIOS. Following the Russian guide I got stuck at getting the CBROM file to merge modded bin file with the BIOS from Ismail... I appreciate pointing to information in this thread, though it ain't easy just jumping in without exactly understanding where to begin, especially with 0 understanding of BIOS modding (two step forward, failing/learning what's missing - or a few steps back, rinse/repeat).

Fingers crossed, all be grand...!
You don't need to use Ismail s bios as a base. I modded my official bios directly

X58 is my favourite platform of all times. So fun to play with. The effort people is doing on the bios is amazing. First with the RAID now with NVME. Unfortunately no matter how much you squeze that X5690, it is no match for "modern" CPUs :(

kostac

X58 is my favourite platform of all times. So fun to play with. The effort people is doing on the bios is amazing. First with the RAID now with NVME. Unfortunately no matter how much you squeze that X5690, it is no match for "modern" CPUs :(
You don't always need the latest and greatest Ferrari to fill your needs