• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS ROG Azoth Wireless Mechanical Keyboard

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
ASUS adds to its flagship keyboard line with the new ROG Azoth which is a 75% form factor keyboard with features to attract ROG fans, the mainstream gaming crowd, and the enthusiast keyboard community too. It uses a clever combination of first-party switches, a gasket mount, an integrated OLED display, and software to make for a highly customizable and enjoyable typing experience.

Show full review

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
I took a look at the keyboard, features, and decided it was a $120 keyboard if it had a Keychron sticker on it. Then I took a shortcut to the conclusion to check what Asus wanted for it. More than double! Of course I'm not surprised. I'd be finding out who makes it for Asus, and buying it from them instead because unless you're doubling down on Asus' software ecosystem, Armory crate is more of a negative point in the pros/cons list than anything else.

Just going back through the review now, but it looks like there's no metal baseplate, this is a $249 plastic keyboard?!

I guess OLED isn't something you'd find on a cheaper keyboard, but if you need to install all the bloatware anyway, what's the point of it? It'd be great if the OLED was actually enough to let you program the keyboard without bloatware but it just seems like a superfluous animated gimmick given the necessity of Armory Crate to even use it. At least it partly justifies the cost and I guess the rest of it goes on the fancy unboxing experience.

Last edited:
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
ASUS's switch selection alone is enough to keep me away from this. 45g and 1.8mm is the lightest switch they offer with this board. Meanwhile you can get as light as 40 - 35g switches with adjustable actuation from Wooting and SteelSeries with the 60HE and Apex Pro products. Wooting offers a 4 year warranty on their product. Those are cheaper as well. ASUS has had a long time to study these products but instead it comes up with an LED screen that hardly adds any value and a price tag more expensive than it's competitor's products. At least the battery life is good here but it could have been better if they dropped the screen.

Low quality post by bonehead123
In the abyss, where all I can see is...nuthin !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
where people actively look out for ROG products based on the effective marketing done over the past few years

Yep, marketing/e-peen is about all this thing is good for IMO.....

Yet ANUTHA kiddie-toy keeb made for those who (still) play with pleeb toys :shadedshu:

System Name Jedi Survivor Gaming PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus TUF B650M Plus Wifi
Cooling ThermalRight CPU Cooler
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR5-5600 CL28
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 10GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro SSD
Display(s) MSI 32" 4K OLED 240hz Monitor
Case Asus Prime AP201
Power Supply FSP 1000W Platinum PSU
Mouse Logitech G403
Keyboard Asus Mechanical Keyboard
It should come with a wrist wrest. Fail.

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
This should've been a $99 keyboard. The form factor is perfect for me (70%/72%) and the connectivity is spot on.

Sadly the stock keycaps, Armoury Crate (I hate this even on my G14) and $250+ price tag makes this a no go, although you technically can workaround the first two issues.

so basically $200 for the unboxing experience.
iN sEaRcH oF tHe InCrEdIbLe (ScAm)
fOr ThOsE wHo DaRe (To EmPtY tHeIr WaLlEtS!!11)

Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard MSI B550 Tomahawk
Cooling Noctua U12S
Memory 32GB @ 3600 CL18
Video Card(s) AMD 6800XT
Storage WD Black SN850(1TB), WD Black NVMe 2018(500GB), WD Blue SATA(2TB)
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey G9
Case Be Quiet! Silent Base 802
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME-GX-1000
Nothing about this keyboard says $250 to me.

1. Only a half-metal case.
2. Mediocre quality keycaps (printed legends on the 1-0 keys, seriously?) in a basic OEM profile.
2. Renamed basic cherry switches without dust stems.
3. The crappy plastic keycap puller.

If you're going to spend $200+, you're better off with basically anything else. Pick almost any keyboard on the market for between $150-250 and it'll look better, be more unique and be a better value than this.

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Best I can do is $50

System Name Katzi
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X570S Pro AX 1.1
Cooling Phanteks Glacier 360
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16-16GTZNC (Dual Rank 32Gb)
Video Card(s) MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080
Storage Samsung SSD 980 1TB, 970 512GB Evo Plus, 1TB 870 QVO, 960 Pro
Display(s) AOC CQ27G2
Case NZXT H6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Soundblaster X3
Power Supply Corsair RMx850
Mouse Logitech G502X Plus & Razer Basilisk V3 Pro
Keyboard Keychron V2 translucent, Gateron Ink Black Silent, lubed & filmed.
This review isn't entirely accurate - you've missed/cut out the whole section on trying to install Armorycrate without it breaking IMMEDIATELY, or getting it to run after the first use.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
This review isn't entirely accurate - you've missed/cut out the whole section on trying to install Armorycrate without it breaking IMMEDIATELY, or getting it to run after the first use.
I've actually mentioned that too.

System Name The Captain (2.0)
Processor Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E AORUS Master
Cooling 280mm Arctic Liquid Freezer II, 4x Be Quiet! 140mm Silent Wings 4 (1x exhaust 3x intake)
Memory 32GB (2x16) G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo (6000Mhz)
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 SUPRIM X
Storage 1x Crucial MX500 500GB SSD; 1x Crucial MX500 500GB M.2 SSD; 1x WD Blue HDD, 1x Crucial P5 Plus
Display(s) Aorus CV27F 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case Phanteks Evolv X (Anthracite Gray)
Power Supply Corsair RMx (2021) 1000W 80-Plus Gold
Mouse Varies based on mood/task; is currently Razer Basilisk V3 Pro or Razer Cobra Pro
Keyboard Varies based on mood; currently Razer Blackwidow V4 75% and Hyper X Alloy 65
The sad part about pretty much anything Asus-branded is, while the products may be good (some, not all)m they are all inherently ruined by the bastard known as Armoury Crate. I'd rather deal with iCUE over it, and that's saying something. Armoury Crate is literally the Achilles Heel when it comes to me and Asus peripherals (other than the price of course).

Processor Intel i7 10700K
Motherboard Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Pro AX
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHZ (2X16GB)
Video Card(s) Palit GTX1080ti Super JetStream 11GB
Storage Trandscend 370s 256GB / WD Caviar Black 2+1TB
Display(s) Acer XB270HU 144hz Gsync
Case Phanteks Eclipse P600S White
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZXR
Power Supply Corsair RM1000X 1000W 80 Plus Gold
75% keyboards should cost 75% of its full sized variation.

demps709

So I stupidly bought this keyboard not realizing just how bad Armory Crate is. The keyboard itself is fantastic but I'm going to return it since you have the have Armory Crate installed. It has randomly caused my PC to hard lock to the point that the power button doesn't even work. I have to turn off the PSU, wait a few seconds for the caps to drain, and power it back on. It's ridiculous.

Thoughts on any comparable keyboards? I'm looking at the Keychron Q1 Pro but I've heard the latency can suck.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
So I stupidly bought this keyboard not realizing just how bad Armory Crate is. The keyboard itself is fantastic but I'm going to return it since you have the have Armory Crate installed. It has randomly caused my PC to hard lock to the point that the power button doesn't even work. I have to turn off the PSU, wait a few seconds for the caps to drain, and power it back on. It's ridiculous.

Thoughts on any comparable keyboards? I'm looking at the Keychron Q1 Pro but I've heard the latency can suck.
Not as feature-rich, but the Epomaker EP75 is good for the money: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/epomaker-ep75-triple-mode-wireless-mechanical-keyboard/

BTW you don't need to have Armory Crate installed. Most of its functions are stored on the keyboard itself.

demps709

BTW you don't need to have Armory Crate installed. Most of its functions are stored on the keyboard itself.
You need to have it installed to use the live functions of the OLED like CPU/GPU temps right? And the actual battery %? Are macros/rebinds stored on the keyboard?

It would be one thing if you could just not have the software run and open it every once and a while for updates/making changes but it's basically malware and a pain to install/uninstall. Such a same to cripple such good hardware.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
You need to have it installed to use the live functions of the OLED like CPU/GPU temps right? And the actual battery %? Are macros/rebinds stored on the keyboard?

It would be one thing if you could just not have the software run and open it every once and a while for updates/making changes but it's basically malware and a pain to install/uninstall. Such a same to cripple such good hardware.
Key maps are stored on the keyboard, and most lighting effects are too. The live functions are tied to Armory Crate, although I believe battery % should be displayed regardless. It's been a while though!

Menersar

Heyhou!

Might be a bit late, but since I was searching for the battery installed in the ASUS ROG Azoth, I just wanted to quickly share my insights here:

On Page 4 (Disassembly) of the review it is written “in the middle is the battery itself which unfortunately comes well-taped to where I can't easily tell you the battery capacity”.
However, after observing the provided photo of the battery, I could actually spot a small label indicating a capacity of 3820 mAh (as marked in the attached picture).
Also, searching for the Model identifier (C11P1707) did support my assumption / discovery.

So perhaps, should anyone be looking for this information, as I did, in the future, this finding might help to get to them a bit quicker.

Anyhow: Thanks for the review and provided photos.
It really helped me getting those information I was looking for rather quickly! :)

Attachments

• disassembly-14-2.jpg
    disassembly-14-2.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Heyhou!

Might be a bit late, but since I was searching for the battery installed in the ASUS ROG Azoth, I just wanted to quickly share my insights here:

On Page 4 (Disassembly) of the review it is written “in the middle is the battery itself which unfortunately comes well-taped to where I can't easily tell you the battery capacity”.
However, after observing the provided photo of the battery, I could actually spot a small label indicating a capacity of 3820 mAh (as marked in the attached picture).
Also, searching for the Model identifier (C11P1707) did support my assumption / discovery.

So perhaps, should anyone be looking for this information, as I did, in the future, this finding might help to get to them a bit quicker.

Anyhow: Thanks for the review and provided photos.
It really helped me getting those information I was looking for rather quickly! :)
Thanks for sharing this info!