• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Cobra Pro

pzogel

Reviewer
The Cobra Pro combines the ambidextrous Viper Mini shape with all the bells and whistles of recent Razer mice: Focus 30K sensor, third-gen optical main button switches, full RGB lighting, 2.4 Ghz and Bluetooth connectivity for up to 170 hours of battery life, as well as compatibility with Razer's Mouse Dock Pro and HyperPolling Wireless Dongle.

Show full review

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
It sure is a nice $60 mouse.
Razer will continue to ask stupid prices for their Chinese plastic parts, and there are no shortage of fools to part from their money.

When a basic mouse is $10 and a decent mouse with loads of optional extras is $25, I'd better be getting the answer to life, the universe, and everything for more than 5x the price.

Sure, it's better than paying $279.99 for a Viper Mini SE, but so is getting stabbed in an alley and having your kidney stolen.

I also got the Pulsar X2v2 mini yesterday. Very similar shape and lighter at 51 grams.

And a bit cheaper at £95.

Plus, new optical switches, and a better mouse wheel than the older model had.

System Name Bragging Rights
Processor Atom Z3735F 1.33GHz
Motherboard It has no markings but it's green
Cooling No, it's a 2.2W processor
Memory 2GB DDR3L-1333
Video Card(s) Gen7 Intel HD (4EU @ 311MHz)
Storage 32GB eMMC and 128GB Sandisk Extreme U3
Display(s) 10" IPS 1280x800 60Hz
Case Veddha T2
Audio Device(s) Apparently, yes
Power Supply Samsung 18W 5V fast-charger
Mouse MX Anywhere 2
Keyboard Logitech MX Keys (not Cherry MX at all)
VR HMD Samsung Oddyssey, not that I'd plug it into this though....
Software W10 21H1, barely
Benchmark Scores I once clocked a Celeron-300A to 564MHz on an Abit BE6 and it scored over 9000.
It sure is a nice $60 mouse.
Razer will continue to ask stupid prices for their Chinese plastic parts, and there are no shortage of fools to part from their money.

When a basic mouse is $10 and a decent mouse with loads of optional extras is $25, I'd better be getting the answer to life, the universe, and everything for more than 5x the price.

Sure, it's better than paying $279.99 for a Viper Mini SE, but so is getting stabbed in an alley and having your kidney stolen.
Hmm, I posted that under the influence and in hindsight, $60 is a bit harsh. It's closer to competitors at $90-100, though many of those are niche, small companies that manufacture in much smaller volumes than Razer, so I'd expect a lower value for that exclusivity and fewer economies of scale.

System Name -
Processor Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard MSI MEG X570
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 (4x140 push-pull)
Memory 32GB Patriot Steel DDR4 3733 (8GBx4)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4080 X-trio.
Storage Sabrent Rocket-Plus-G 2TB, Crucial P1 1TB, WD 1TB sata.
Display(s) LG Ultragear 34G750 nano-IPS 34" utrawide
Case Define R6
Audio Device(s) Xfi PCIe
Power Supply Fractal Design ION Gold 750W
Mouse Razer DeathAdder V2 Mini.
Keyboard Logitech K120
VR HMD Er no, pointless.
Software Windows 10 22H2
Benchmark Scores Timespy - 24522 | Crystalmark - 7100/6900 Seq. & 84/266 QD1 |
So that mouse is £130 here in the UK, donbt know weither its worth that kinda money. I have the Razer Deathadder mini corded mouse and apart from the know issue with the scroll wheel sensor (more on that below) this is a good mouse, specially considering its £30.

Regarding the scroll wheel seonsor, over time it appears to develope a fault. As in when scrolling the movement of whats ever windows/application youe scrolling will change direction, as in "bounce" - https://duckduckgo.com/?q=razor+Mouse+Scroll+Wheel+Jumps+Up+and+Down&t=ffab&ia=web (see below for a shot of the sensor on my RDM.)

The RCP "appears" to have the same scroll sensor, but the RCP one is enclosed with a blue cap. So would in theory, could suffer from the same issue. However I see a small PCB under the right habnd side of the wheel? and the item on the left side is just a bearing/support?

Attachments

• scroll_sensor.jpg
    scroll_sensor.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
Sounds like another pricey mouse! I'll stick with my relatively cheap Basilisk V3...

So that mouse is £130 here in the UK, donbt know weither its worth that kinda money. I have the Razer Deathadder mini corded mouse and apart from the know issue with the scroll wheel sensor (more on that below) this is a good mouse, specially considering its £30.

Regarding the scroll wheel seonsor, over time it appears to develope a fault. As in when scrolling the movement of whats ever windows/application youe scrolling will change direction, as in "bounce" - https://duckduckgo.com/?q=razor+Mouse+Scroll+Wheel+Jumps+Up+and+Down&t=ffab&ia=web (see below for a shot of the sensor on my RDM.)

The RCP "appears" to have the same scroll sensor, but the RCP one is enclosed with a blue cap. So would in theory, could suffer from the same issue. However I see a small PCB under the right habnd side of the wheel? and the item on the left side is just a bearing/support?

I agree mouse pricing is getting out of hand. Give it some time and the Cobra Pro will come down to around £100 or less, I'm sure.