• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Nvidia P5000 mxm error 43 stops BIOS update

MercAntos

Nvidia P5000.gif

I'm able to write to the Eprom using NVFLASH but the problem is when I reboot the flash fails presumably because Windows detects an error on the card (43) and the only way to get the driver to "work normally" is to right click on it in device manager, disable then enable it

Is there any way to make the flash update without having to reboot the laptop?

So frustrating - I think the previous owner tried flashing the GPU and cocked it up :(

Any help would be very much appreciated

System Name "Icy Resurrection"
Processor 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KS Special Edition
Motherboard ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 APEX ENCORE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S upgraded with 2x NF-F12 iPPC-3000 fans and Honeywell PTM7950 TIM
Memory 32 GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB F5-6800J3445G16GX2-TZ5RK @ 7600 MT/s 36-44-44-52-96 1.4V
Video Card(s) ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB GDDR6X White OC Edition
Storage 500 GB WD Black SN750 SE NVMe SSD + 4 TB WD Red Plus WD40EFPX HDD
Display(s) 55-inch LG G3 OLED
Case Pichau Mancer CV500 White Edition
Power Supply EVGA 1300 G2 1.3kW 80+ Gold
Mouse Microsoft Classic Intellimouse
Keyboard Generic PS/2
Software Windows 11 IoT Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Benchmark Scores I pulled a Qiqi~
If toggling it on the device manager makes the graphics card work and the driver load normally, sounds like a Windows configuration error. I'd DDU in safe mode and completely reinstall the driver. The VBIOS is likely not the problem.

Why are you so averse to a reboot?

System Name Asus G16
Processor i9 13980HX
Motherboard Asus motherboard
Cooling 2 fans
Memory 32gb 4800mhz
Video Card(s) 4080 laptop
Storage 16tb, x2 8tb SSD
Display(s) QHD+ 16in 16:10 (2560x1600, WQXGA) 240hz
Power Supply 330w psu
Try "nvflash --list" and if you can "nvflash --save backup.rom" and post zipped backup.rom.

Should be able to issue these commands with error 43 present.

D

Deleted member 182555

The firmware is incorrect, find the original one and flash it again if you can. you will solve the problem...
or GPU damaged...
before doing anything post firmware dump for analysis....

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 182555

post your firmware dump for analysis....:banghead:

MercAntos

If toggling it on the device manager makes the graphics card work and the driver load normally, sounds like a Windows configuration error. I'd DDU in safe mode and completely reinstall the driver. The VBIOS is likely not the problem.

Why are you so averse to a reboot?

Hi, thanks for the reply - I'm not averse to rebooting, but I believe the reboot is stopping the changes being made after the flash. It says a reboot is required but then when it reboots Windows stops the card/driver because it returns error 43

I'll try and get a firmware dump and post as others have requested, once I work out how to do that! I'll probably annoy the Hell out of the experts on here but I've never done this before! Guess you have to start somewhere eh

No one got any suggestions?? :confused:
Thanks for the advice everyone...I'll try and get a dump extracted ....

MercAntos

On your M6800 you need to flash this vbios :
VGA Bios Collection: Dell Quadro P5000 16 GB | TechPowerUp
More info can be found here (the M6700 suffer the same issue as the M6800 for GPU compatibility) : Precision M6700 owner's thread - Precision Mobile Workstation - NotebookTalk
Hi, thanks for the response and apologies for the late response, I work away a lot of the time.

I've tried that BIOS flash before, I've tried pretty much every one I can find on Techpowerup, including unverified ones. I have had one working before where GPUz read the card with a BIOS installed, but Windows still didn't see it in task manager etc, neither did Adobe Photoshop recognize the card - and then on the next boot up it failed again.

I'm beginning to believe that the card is either not seated properly or is faulty. I'm going to [at some point] remove it, make sure it's seated in the slot firmly and redo the thermal paste, see if that helps - it may be the reason why Windows keeps throwing up error code 43?