• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Anyone else deep into Flight Sims?

System Name Mr. Reliable
Processor Ryzen R7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E Carbon Wifi
Cooling D5 Pump, Singularity Top/Res, 2x360mm EK P rads, EK Magnitude/Bitspower Blocks
Memory 32Gb (2x16Gb) GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 Cl30
Video Card(s) Asus Tuf 4080 Super
Storage 4 x Crucial P5 1TB; 2 x Samsung 870 2TB
Display(s) Acer 32" Z321QU 2560x1440; LG 34GP83A-B 34" 3440x1440
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL; Synology DS218j w/ 2 x 2TB WD Red
Audio Device(s) SteelSeries Arctis Pro+
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850G3
Mouse Razer Basilisk V2
Keyboard Das Keyboard 6; Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Software Windows 11 Pro
View attachment 330924

Also, let's get this show on the road:

View attachment 330925

@JATownes you must make the jump to VR! Didn't feel much for the Viper yet (haven't gone back to test it yet with my finalized graphics settings) but the Strike Eagle is MADE for it. all the little razbam details just come out so well and only in VR - the fingerprint smudges on the MFD reflections, the way the pilot's harness is jostled when the stick is moved left......nothing quite like it. Finally flies like a dream, the stick is so responsive and stick model almost perfectly coincides with an actual extended center stick irl; on flatscreen the strike eagle flies like a lame duck.
I cannot wait to try it! My son is bringing his over this weekend to let me try it out and I am going to dive into the F-16 with it! The headtracker was a big game changer, but I imagine it doesn't hold a candle to VR!

I played a couple of Unreal games at his house using a mod that can turn any Unreal game into a VR game. It is called UEVR I think, so definitely check that out. We tried Ready or Not with it, and it was pretty crazy.

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
I cannot wait to try it! My son is bringing his over this weekend to let me try it out and I am going to dive into the F-16 with it! The headtracker was a big game changer, but I imagine it doesn't hold a candle to VR!

I played a couple of Unreal games at his house using a mod that can turn any Unreal game into a VR game. It is called UEVR I think, so definitely check that out. We tried Ready or Not with it, and it was pretty crazy.

In terms of how it affects formation/AAR, it can't be described, "it just works". Simply makes things easier.

I might still have to go back to trackIR though, motion sickness is still killing me in the Viper. I guess I was more reliant on that canopy frame rail than I thought. Real bummer.

kevmk81

@JATownes never thought I'd see a flight sim thread, let alone NXTs!! Excellent choice, sir. Maybe I've even seen you on VKB or HOTAS discord, lol

I started with an NXT and Orion 1, I have a MCGU Gunfighter, STECS and T-rudder.

View attachment 324840

View attachment 324842

Sadly I do not have a picture of my current setup, as I'm waiting for some top plates from Foxx and Predator. These are pretty outdated as I've revamped my STECS mount a fair bit, and after converting my GF3 and MCGU to Rev.C connector am now running a 100mm extension.

Have been debating whether to get a UFC solution but undecided. Hardware itch has mostly been scratched now. Just debating Total Controls or upcoming Winwing F16 ICP. And also waiting for an opportunity to get my hands on VKB's upcoming Gen4 cams for gunfighter, as in the picture I already received a pair of Avia-s but I need it in Space-s.

I see that you have combined the hikig pair into an abomination :D go for T-rudder! You'll never go back to an off the shelf store bought pedals after T-rudder/VPC/Slaw/MFG.

STECS is a dream for the Viper, will never leave you wanting for more controls.
I joined this forum just to ask - I have nearly an identical setup as you do, from devices to your foxx mounts. Do you mind sharing your add-on mount you have for the GNX SEM-V - what parts etc - or was that a custom order from Foxx mounts? I see that it somehow attaches to the vertical beam

tabascosauz

Supporter
Staff member
System Name ab┃ob
Processor 7800X3D┃5800X3D
Motherboard B650E PG-ITX┃X570 Impact
Cooling NH-U12A + T30┃AXP120-x67
Memory 64GB 6400CL32┃32GB 3600CL14
Video Card(s) RTX 4070 Ti Eagle┃RTX A2000
Storage 8TB of SSDs┃1TB SN550
Case Caselabs S3┃Lazer3D HT5
I joined this forum just to ask - I have nearly an identical setup as you do, from devices to your foxx mounts. Do you mind sharing your add-on mount you have for the GNX SEM-V - what parts etc - or was that a custom order from Foxx mounts? I see that it somehow attaches to the vertical beam

Welcome to TPU

that picture was super old. The SEM-V was just held onto the MFD mount by double sided tape, it's the Foxx centre MFD mount and it does not have holes for VKB devices, sadly. I think he later added it to the old side MFD mounts, but not his newer product for some bizarre reason. This he didn't tell me when I asked prior to ordering, either.

I have it stuck onto the vertical beam itself now, by double sided tape. The WW ICP is on the MFD mount now (also by double sided tape), but I will be moving it off onto a Predator Phoenix when it arrives.

Eventually when that happens, the MFD mount will be taking the independent STEM on the stick mount instead, but holes will have to be drilled.

20240221_142458~01~01.jpg

kevmk81

Welcome to TPU

that picture was super old. The SEM-V was just held onto the MFD mount by double sided tape, it's the Foxx centre MFD mount and it does not have holes for VKB devices, sadly. I think he later added it to the old side MFD mounts, but not his newer product for some bizarre reason. This he didn't tell me when I asked prior to ordering, either.

I have it stuck onto the vertical beam itself now, by double sided tape. The WW ICP is on the MFD mount now (also by double sided tape), but I will be moving it off onto a Predator Phoenix when it arrives.

Eventually when that happens, the MFD mount will be taking the independent STEM on the stick mount instead, but holes will have to be drilled.

View attachment 335745
Thanks for the quick feedback!

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@JATownes

I only recently have been getting into it, I got a cheap $20 logitech flight stick. If you haven't seen Green Dot Aviation on youtube, he makes some incredible videos about flights that went wrong and how they improved the industry, and uses a flight simulator too

Very cool videos highly recommend.

someday I will have a nicer setup, but for now this is cool.

System Name PC-Chips
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700x3D
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming.
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE.
Memory Patriot Viper 32gig dual channel 3600mhz
Video Card(s) PowerColor HellHound RX 7900 GRE OC
Storage 2 Samsung 860 EVO's 500gig / 2TB crucial P3-NVME / WD-BLUE SN550 1TB M.2 / SP A55 512gig / 8TB HDD
Display(s) Panasonic 40-inch 4k TV
Case Modded NZXT H510
Audio Device(s) Realtek S1220A - Yamaha A-S501 AMP - Wharfedale diamond 9.1 speakers - Wharfedale SW150 sub
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA G6 750W 80+ Gold
Mouse Some cheap wireless thing
Keyboard Razer Cynosa lite
VR HMD Oculus Quest 2 128gig version
Software Windows 11 pro 64bit
I just got MS flight sim 2020/40th anniversary edition and so far loving it.

I did play it back in 2020 when it came out but only for a month or so.
Played a few things on my 8bitdo control pad and was fun but hard lol.

A friend of mine has this thrustmaster master stick though so i am trying it out atm to :D
1710507806750.jpeg