• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Zephyr Unveils ITX-sized Sakura Blizzard RTX 4070 Graphics Card

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
No, it isn't. The SFF spec for addin cards is limited to half height(70mm), single slot(18mm) at generally 180mm long.
There are two form factors for PCI Express cards - standard height and low profile. These are the main AIC form factors, further specs are about double and triple slot plus some standardization around length.
SFF - as discussed in that long thread about the stupid NVidia thing - is not an official term. Today, SFF is usually more accommodating to standard (or slightly higher) height cards than long or extremely thick ones.
The SFF spec for addin cards is limited to half height(70mm), single slot(18mm) at generally 180mm long.
What, where, whose spec?

Today, SFF is usually more accommodating to standard (or slightly higher) height cards than long or extremely thick ones.
Incorrect. SFF is exclusively a half-height, or low-profile if you wish, spec. Full height cards, regardless of type, are the standard general spec.
What, where, whose spec?
Pick your industry leader. Acer, Dell, Foxconn, HP, Lenovo, ect., ect... ALL of them conform to the same standard. I know there is a technical spec for it somewhere, not going to go hunting for it. The onus isn't on me as the evidence is all over the place.

Processor R5 5600X
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-I GAMING
Cooling Alpenföhn Black Ridge
Memory 2*16GB DDR4-2666 VLP @3800
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce RTX 3080 XC3
Storage 1TB Samsung 970 Pro, 2TB Intel 660p
Display(s) ASUS PG279Q, Eizo EV2736W
Case Dan Cases A4-SFX
Power Supply Corsair SF600
Mouse Corsair Ironclaw Wireless RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60
VR HMD HTC Vive
Incorrect. SFF is exclusively a half-height, or low-profile if you wish, spec. Full height cards, regardless of type, are the standard general spec.[/

Pick your industry leader. Acer, Dell, Foxconn, HP, Lenovo, ect., ect... ALL of them conform to the same standard. I know there is a technical spec for it somewhere, not going to go hunting for it. The onus isn't on me as the evidence is all over the place.
tl;dr - there is no spec for SFF.

Btw, if you remember the initial name for SFF was Shuttle Form Factor :D

System Name Gamey #1 / #2
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Core i7-9700F
Motherboard Asrock B450M P4 / Asrock B360M P4
Cooling IDCool SE-226-XT / CM Hyper 212
Memory 32GB 3200 CL16 / 32GB 2666 CL14
Video Card(s) PC 6800 XT / Soyo RTX 2060 Super
Storage 4TB Team MP34 / 512G Tosh RD400+2TB WD3Dblu
Display(s) LG 32GK650F 1440p 144Hz VA
Case Corsair 4000Air / CM N200
Audio Device(s) Dragonfly Black
Power Supply EVGA 650 G3 / Corsair CX550M
Mouse JSCO JNL-101k Noiseless
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 3 TKL
Software Win 10, Throttlestop

While there may not be an official spec for SFF, the office machine manufacturers tend to hew to a common form factor of half height single slot PCI. The only reasonably current consumer GPU fitting this spec that I'm familiar with is the Radeon RX 6400, a Sapphire Pulse (that I had for a while) and a Powercolor one.

Dell used to place their Optiplex PCI slots so you could fit a HH DS card in there (could fit a few 1650 or 1050 Ti models) but apparently not any more, the x1 slot gets the DS space now. WTF? I recently deployed a SFF Dell (a Precision? damn don't remember) with an RTX A2000 in it so there are still some models with HH DS space in them.

Yes. I want that A2000.

System Name Back in Black
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Cooling ID-Cooling SE-224-XT Black
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8) 3000mhz C15
Video Card(s) Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 TI Advanced Edition
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB / Solidigm P41 Plus 1TB
Display(s) Samsung 32" TV 1080p
Case Montech Air X Black
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750W Gold
Mouse Redragon M711 Cobra
Keyboard Corsair K55
While there may not be an official spec for SFF, the office machine manufacturers tend to hew to a common form factor of half height single slot PCI. The only reasonably current consumer GPU fitting this spec that I'm familiar with is the Radeon RX 6400, a Sapphire Pulse (that I had for a while) and a Powercolor one.

Dell used to place their Optiplex PCI slots so you could fit a HH DS card in there (could fit a few 1650 or 1050 Ti models) but apparently not any more, the x1 slot gets the DS space now. WTF? I recently deployed a SFF Dell (a Precision? damn don't remember) with an RTX A2000 in it so there are still some models with HH DS space in them.

Yes. I want that A2000.
The main concern is the height, which as you indicated, it is limited to half. Many of the SFFs at the office allow for dual slot GPUs as long as they're half height.

System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
Incorrect. SFF is exclusively a half-height, or low-profile if you wish, spec. Full height cards, regardless of type, are the standard general spec.
SFF =! low profile. the original Shuttle Form Factor cases used what we call ITX cards, full height, dual slot, 7.67 inches long.

Most of the PCs these manufacturers make with expansion slots today support dual slot cards too, low profile or not. They're not limited to single slot designs.
It's not written down anywhere. unlike ATX, or PCIe, SFF never had a concrete definition.

Yes. I want that A2000.
Yeah dell cheaped out and switched from a x4 to a x1 slot with a back to it, so no more GPUs (Cmon dell, just put the x16 slot as slot 1, its not hard!). The precisions are different though, they still had the x16 up top, although I think the current model revised this. I really do like that case's form factor though. Carved one out to support normal ITX boards for my media PC.

SFF =! low profile. the original Shuttle Form Factor cases used what we call ITX cards, full height, dual slot, 7.67 inches long.
It's not written down anywhere. unlike ATX, or PCIe, SFF never had a concrete definition.
Except that it's been around since the 90's. But whatever..