• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Which new games will you be buying?

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
This

And this

peppermint

Dragon Age Dreadwolf aka Veilguard
I love this franchise and have a lot of faith in Bioware despite its recent misses.

My chinese brothers&sisters born in the late 80 and 90s, rise up its coming and its real.
I actually had a look at how much the physical deluxe edition, which is being sold by play-asia..£165 + £70 postage.o_O
As much as I would want the headband to show off and support them, it is awfully a lot of money..I mean the collectors was priced at $400 without postage.
:rolleyes:

System Name daily driver Mac mini M2 Pro
Processor Apple proprietary M2 Pro (6 p-cores, 4 e-cores)
Motherboard Apple proprietary
Cooling Apple proprietary
Memory Apple proprietary 16GB LPDDR5 unified memory
Video Card(s) Apple proprietary M2 Pro (16-core GPU)
Storage Apple proprietary onboard 512GB SSD + various external HDDs
Display(s) LG 27UL850W (4K@60Hz IPS)
Case Apple proprietary
Audio Device(s) Apple proprietary
Power Supply Apple proprietary
Mouse Apple Magic Trackpad 2
Keyboard Keychron K1 tenkeyless (Gateron Reds)
Software macOS Sonoma 14.5 (with latest patches)
Benchmark Scores (My Windows daily driver is a Beelink Mini S12 Pro. I'm not interested in benchmarking.)
Unveiled today during the Nintendo Direct presentation is The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, launching September 26th. Here's the announcement trailer:

This is the first time Princess Zelda is the full time protagonist in franchise history. As usual I will wait for reviews after the game's actual launch but it is going on my wishlist as a tentative purchase. I'll probably wait for a $10 discount; these days even Nintendo first party titles enjoy the occasional discount.

If Nintendo gets this right, Zelda Echoes may end up being one of this year's top 10 games.

Also previewed today is Metroid Prime 4: Beyond which will be a 2025 release:

That might be the final major software title for Switch as the game industry expects some sort of unveiling about the Switch successor hardware toward the end of Q1 2025 (the end of Nintendo's fiscal year). Today's Nintendo Direct did not discuss the next generation console.

And I'm sure many TechPowerUp community members are eagerly awaiting Hello Kitty Island Adventure (2025 release TBD) which is leaving its Apple Arcade exclusivity and coming to other platforms (no word about this title coming to Steam though).

;)

There are some other interesting Switch titles introduced including a new Mario Party game (October 17) and Donkey Kong Country Returns HD (January 16). This is a pretty impressive release schedule for Switch's final year.

Last edited:
System Name Red Jewel / Red Pearl
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D / 5800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi / ASUS TUF X570
Cooling Ghalahad II 360 / Coolermaster ML 240
Memory 32GB 7200 / 32GB 3733
Video Card(s) RX 7900 XT / RX 7900 XT
Storage 16TB 4x 4TB / A whole bunch of drives
Display(s) 1440P 170hz / 1440P 165hz
Case LianLi V3000 Plus / Coolermaster MB511
Power Supply 850w MSI
Mouse Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech G302 Lightspeed
Keyboard Cherry mechanical / Logitech G710+
Software Linux | Windows 11 Enterprise LTSC 24H2
Silent Hill 2

MGS DELTA

I don't usually anticipate games, which... may be weird? I just haven't really looked forward to new games for the last decade or two. Instead, I usually end up discovering them after the fact. I'm not sure what that says about me. Right now though, I do have a number of titles I'm looking forward to.

The new Life is Strange game is interesting me. I really liked the first one (and the prequel to it), but I never played the others in the series since it was mostly Max and her power and world that interested me, and an older Max is coming back in this one.

Visions of Mana is also interesting me. I never played any of the Mana games, but from what I see of the upcoming one, it really gives me Dragon Quest XI vibes, which gave me Final Fantasy IX vibes. We need more "whimsical fairy tale" style JRPGs so this one is one I'll watch.

Speaking of which, if it gets formally confirmed, the Final Fantasy IX remake will be on my list, and at the very top of it.

There's also a handful of old survival horror games I've been waiting on, some for a while as the genre has been having a bit of a renaissance the last few years. Silent Hill 2, Tormented Souls II and Echoes of the Living are among the big ones. I... never played the original Silent Hill 2 (I know...) despite loving the third one and even really liking the forth one, so I probably won't be disappointed by whatever potential changes might upset some original fans. As long as it's not an awful game, I'll probably get it.

System Name G-Station 1.17 FINAL
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
Cooling DeepCool AK620 Digital
Memory Asgard Bragi DDR4-3600CL14 2x16GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX
Storage 240GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1TB Asgard AN2, 2TB Hiksemi FUTURE-LITE, 320GB+1TB 7200RPM HDD
Display(s) Samsung 34" Odyssey OLED G8
Case Thermaltake Level 20 MT
Audio Device(s) Astro A40 TR + MixAmp
Power Supply Cougar GEX X2 1000W
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite (Red)
Software Windows 11 Pro
Following the latest Nintendo Direct, I assure you all that they don't lose their magic of extracting my money.
The new Mario & Luigi will be a sure buy, and will probably get one or two of the other games they announced.

Artem_M

I'm looking forward to the release of Stalker 2. It's not surprising, looking at my avatar)))

System Name Nebulon B
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't usually anticipate games, which... may be weird? I just haven't really looked forward to new games for the last decade or two. Instead, I usually end up discovering them after the fact. I'm not sure what that says about me. Right now though, I do have a number of titles I'm looking forward to.
I'm exactly the same. The fact that I'm looking forward to W40k: Space Marine 2 and Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 is an outlier, not the norm.

The other oddity about me is that I never play games on release date. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm currently in some other game that I want to finish first. I tend to clear my backlog a bit before jumping into a new release, which coincidentally, also gives the developers a chance to release their day-1 (or even day-100) patches before I play the game.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not that I don't have more than enough games to play already 'active gamepass till 2024 mid december' but I'm still planning to buy some new ones later the year.:oops:
Namely the Diablo 4 Vessel of Hatred expansion, ppl can hate all they want but I'm having a decent ammount of fun with the game nowadays so ye I don't care much. 'I will only buy the 40$/euro version tho'
The new Life is Strange is also on my list and also Titan Quest 2 if it indeed launches this year and maybe Grim Dawn's new expansion too. 'damn so many ARPGs for me to play just not enough time.. :laugh:'

I'm exactly the same. The fact that I'm looking forward to W40k: Space Marine 2 and Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 is an outlier, not the norm.

The other oddity about me is that I never play games on release date. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm currently in some other game that I want to finish first. I tend to clear my backlog a bit before jumping into a new release, which coincidentally, also gives the developers a chance to release their day-1 (or even day-100) patches before I play the game.
Yeah, that describes me.

It's not that I actively lack interest in new games. It's more that a lot of the types of things I'd like in a game just... aren't done anymore, at least not as often and not collectively in the same game. So usually I find them piecemeal (sometimes in indie games, sometimes in triple A games), and sometimes years down the line from the release of a game. The good thing about the current gaming market is there's no shortage of quantity so even if the modern and triple A trends have moved away from what I want, I at least can find what I want piecemeal (at least some/most of it). I guess the plus side to all of this is that I never really get disappointed by whatever is upsetting the masses with new games all the time.

Looking forward to a number of upcoming games right now is definitely an exception and not the norm for me too. I've never pre-ordered a game (and probably never will, but one might end up as an exception), but I have bought some right on release.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64

The new Life is Strange game is interesting me. I really liked the first one (and the prequel to it), but I never played the others in the series since it was mostly Max and her power and world that interested me, and an older Max is coming back in this one.

Visions of Mana is also interesting me. I never played any of the Mana games, but from what I see of the upcoming one, it really gives me Dragon Quest XI vibes, which gave me Final Fantasy IX vibes. We need more "whimsical fairy tale" style JRPGs so this one is one I'll watch.

Speaking of which, if it gets formally confirmed, the Final Fantasy IX remake will be on my list, and at the very top of it.

There's also a handful of old survival horror games I've been waiting on, some for a while as the genre has been having a bit of a renaissance the last few years. Silent Hill 2, Tormented Souls II and Echoes of the Living are among the big ones. I... never played the original Silent Hill 2 (I know...) despite loving the third one and even really liking the forth one, so I probably won't be disappointed by whatever potential changes might upset some original fans. As long as it's not an awful game, I'll probably get it.
I'm the same at this point. I think there's a point at which you've seen most of the concepts and you've got your favorites. And even in those you know what you'll get, most of the time anyway.

I'm the same at this point. I think there's a point at which you've seen most of the concepts and you've got your favorites. And even in those you know what you'll get, most of the time anyway.
Yeah, when you're younger, everything is new. This is part of what makes nostalgia so powerful. As you get older, it starts to take much more than just novelty to win you over.

I sometimes feel bad though, because the market has shifted a lot away from some of the things I like. And how do you send a message to a company that you want something? You buy it. Well, when they don't make the types of things you like often, and you miss the few that come out that are the type that you like... you're not sending your message. Companies can hear fans ask for this and ask for that, but at the end of the day, the financial message is the loudest one they hear. So I'm certainly not sending my message often.

There's a few games coming up that I am interested in, and while I'm usually not opposed to waiting for a later date on some of them, I'm considering buying some on release partly for that reason (and because I actually want to play them). I think (?) the last two games I bought on release for full price were Resident Evil 2 (2019) and Stray (2022). I... can't believe the first one is half a decade old already!? Most others were either on sale or at least were like $20 or $30 affairs. There's a few $50 and $60 titles releasing in the upcoming months that I'm waiting for now, which is atypical for me.

System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yeah, when you're younger, everything is new. This is part of what makes nostalgia so powerful. As you get older, it starts to take much more than just novelty to win you over.
Except when I was younger, everything really was new.
  • Wolfenstein 3D and Doom introduced the term "shooter". The likes of Half-Life made it really 3D.
  • Warcraft and Age of Empires introduced the strategy genre.
  • The Elder Scrolls games took role playing out of the point-and-click world and combined it with real-time action.
  • Driving sims were introduced, to which real 3D graphics was a huge contribution.
What do we have nowadays? Call of Duty 23543? Battlefield 24626? Star Wars Something-Something? The amount of times I hear "open world zombie survival shooter with crafting elements" makes me nauseous.

Stray (2022)
That game is an underappreciated gem! My greatest gaming experience of 2022, right next to God of War. :)

Stray and Kena Bridge of Spirits were the two titles in particular that made 2022 really good for me. The latter released 2021 I think but it was EGS exclusive until 2022. There was also Itorah (side scrolling platformer, and my my nod for underrated that year), Them and Us (survival horror love letter to the classics of the genre, much like Tormented Souls was), Endling Extinction is Forever, and the Final Fantasy pixel remasters (I through VI) in 2022. Pretty good year for me come to think of it.

Last year was pretty mild for me, as has been this year thus far. The latter half of this year has a lot coming up though so maybe that will change.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Except when I was younger, everything really was new.
  • Wolfenstein 3D and Doom introduced the term "shooter". The likes of Half-Life made it really 3D.
  • Warcraft and Age of Empires introduced the strategy genre.
  • The Elder Scrolls games took role playing out of the point-and-click world and combined it with real-time action.
  • Driving sims were introduced, to which real 3D graphics was a huge contribution.
What do we have nowadays? Call of Duty 23543? Battlefield 24626? Star Wars Something-Something? The amount of times I hear "open world zombie survival shooter with crafting elements" makes me nauseous.

That game is an underappreciated gem! My greatest gaming experience of 2022, right next to God of War. :)
Well, there are still new concepts coming out, its just refinement of the elementary things we've seen happening in our younger days. The switch to 3D graphics took a while, there was so much absolutely broken content, I remember the one major complaint: 'the camera controls'. Games were a hassle to play sometimes. So from a different perspective: that base experience is now very good everywhere; that's really a positive, even though that also doesn't make the odd game shine as they used to. Sometimes you do land into a really good bit of gameplay; I had that with V Rising most recently. The whole thing is buttery smooth, you feel empowered, everything plays so well and its so easy to get into. I think Helldivers 2 also applies. Similarly, its no holds barred gameplay, things feel logical, paced well, etc.

Though... Warcraft and AoE introduced strategy? Where's C&C? :D

System Name CyberPowerPC ET8070
Processor Intel Core i5-10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC-Y1
Memory 2 x Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
Storage Boot: Intel OPTANE SSD P1600X Series 118GB M.2 PCIE
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply EVGA 500W1
Software Windows 11 Home

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
System Name Nebulon B
Software Windows 10 Pro
Well, there are still new concepts coming out, its just refinement of the elementary things we've seen happening in our younger days. The switch to 3D graphics took a while, there was so much absolutely broken content, I remember the one major complaint: 'the camera controls'. Games were a hassle to play sometimes. So from a different perspective: that base experience is now very good everywhere; that's really a positive, even though that also doesn't make the odd game shine as they used to. Sometimes you do land into a really good bit of gameplay; I had that with V Rising most recently. The whole thing is buttery smooth, you feel empowered, everything plays so well and its so easy to get into. I think Helldivers 2 also applies. Similarly, its no holds barred gameplay, things feel logical, paced well, etc.

Though... Warcraft and AoE introduced strategy? Where's C&C? :D
My list isn't an exclusive one by any means. :D

My biggest problem with modern games is that they take these basic elements that work very well, and try to combine too many of them, making the end product a convoluted mess. You open your map in an open-world game and you feel lost among the bazillion icons, most of which mean absolutely nothing, just another side mission to fill some game time without giving you anything meaningful. Game developers seem to be competing on who can make the bigger and longer game which hurts quality and enjoyment. A lot of these ideas aren't original or creative, either. They're just another fetch quest, or "kill X number of bad guys" kind of quest. A lot of those old games were so enjoyable because they were so simple, which seems to be lacking from a lot of modern games. Doom 2016 is a great game because it manages to capture this oldschool simplicity and give you something extra (upgradable weapons) without giving you too much. Doom Eternal fell on the other side of the horse. It made gameplay a lot more complex with more variety in your kills that gives you different items. It also complicated the story for no other reason than to crank up the drama factor to 11. It's just way too much, and not fun anymore, imo. And there is Stray. Great story, great gameplay, and a heartwarming ending. What else does one need? :)

System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard B-650E-E Strix
Cooling Arctic Cooling III 280
Memory 16x2 Fury Renegade 6000-32
Video Card(s) 4070-ti PNY
Storage 512+512+1+2+2+2+2+6+500+256+4+4+4
Display(s) VA 32" 4K@60 - OLED 27" 2K@240
Case 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Edifier 1280Ts
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000
I'm... waiting !

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
It won't be METAL GEAR SOLID Δ SNAKE EATER
It very well might be another decade plus old MG that just arrived on GOG
I seem to be going through a 20 minute dialogue heavy cutscene phase recently. :laugh:

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Pro X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) A whole bunch OLED, VA, IPS.....
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
It won't be METAL GEAR SOLID Δ SNAKE EATER
It very well might be another decade plus old MG that just arrived on GOG
I seem to be going through a 20 minute dialogue heavy cutscene phase recently. :laugh:

Honestly that games pretty darn good.

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Honestly that games pretty darn good.

You might've finished selling me on it.

MGS was such a high point I really lost interest in the later games to the point of not even knowing they were released. Never heard of Revengeance until a few hours ago*. Shame GOG didn't modernize the port as they have with other games. Unofficial mods breaking HUD etc. and needing to be reinstated every time you open the game is enough to avoid them.

*Kojima stopping midstream to... and then abandoning, and then... but DRM free and totally offline and giving me original NES Contra Big Boss vibes which this franchise picked up the energy of. [ramble→] HZD probably wasn't as good as this. FFS the emo music is enough to run away though. Again FFS, license some quality thrashy Japanese no name bands that age better.

Last edited:
System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Pro X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) A whole bunch OLED, VA, IPS.....
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
You might've finished selling me on it.

MGS was such a high point I really lost interest in the later games to the point of not even knowing they were released. Never heard of Revengeance until a few hours ago*. Shame GOG didn't modernize the port as they have with other games. Unofficial mods breaking HUD etc. and needing to be reinstated every time you open the game is enough to avoid them.

*Kojima stopping midstream to... and then abandoning, and then... but DRM free and totally offline and giving me original NES Contra Big Boss vibes which this franchise picked up the energy of. [ramble→] HZD probably wasn't as good as this.

I've honestly liked all of then. Thought MGS 5 was pretty decent.

Twin snakes as well even

Was bummed Death Stranding is what it is.

OG PS1 MGS is definitely in my top ten Psycho mantis battle is probably the coolest boss battle ever him reading your memory card lol was cool back in 98.

Last edited: