• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Voltage offset not changing

maxims

Hello, first time user here. I was following the tutorial that comes with the zip when downloading the software. I was doing some undervoltage of CPU Cores and Cache, but then noticed that the table on the right, don't change any offset values. I would expect to see -350.6 on offset column. Am I missing something? Thanks!
Captura de ecrã 2024-07-05 103616.png

System Name AlderLake
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MT/s CL36
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
It looks like you have core isolation memory integrity enabled or more likely, you are using some other Windows feature like WSL2. Follow the disable VBS link in my signature.

Edit - Some users have to disable a virtualization setting in the BIOS. It might be called VT-x or something similar to that. If you are still having problems, post a screenshot of the Windows Features list. Anything that depends on virtualization needs to be disabled. If something like WSL2 is a must have, you will not be able to use ThrottleStop to adjust the CPU voltage while running Windows.

Delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file after you disable VBS.

The All Core buttons will show multiplier values like 55, 56, 57, 58 when ThrottleStop is working correctly and has full access to the CPU voltage control register.

1720195710806.png

You can also run msinfo to check if Virtualization based security is enabled or not.

1720198349033.png

Last edited:

jojonohi

It looks like you have core isolation memory integrity enabled or more likely, you are using some other Windows feature like WSL2. Follow the disable VBS link in my signature.

Edit - Some users have to disable a virtualization setting in the BIOS. It might be called VT-x or something similar to that. If you are still having problems, post a screenshot of the Windows Features list. Anything that depends on virtualization needs to be disabled. If something like WSL2 is a must have, you will not be able to use ThrottleStop to adjust the CPU voltage while running Windows.

Delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file after you disable VBS.

The All Core buttons will show multiplier values like 55, 56, 57, 58 when ThrottleStop is working correctly and has full access to the CPU voltage control register.

View attachment 354155

You can also run msinfo to check if Virtualization based security is enabled or not.

View attachment 354159
Hi Unclewebb,
Thanks to your tips I've already disabled VT-d, Virtualization, undervolt protection settings in bios. But I'm still having the same problem when doing undervoltage. My CPU is i9-13900HX and BIOS version KWCN44 on legion pro 7i. I checked the Virtulaization based security is not enabled and multiplier values appears like normal. ThrottleStop.INI was also deleted before undervoltage settings. With all that done, I could pull the offset voltage bar but it still shows 0 offset column. I'm posting screenshot here and really hope you could shed some light on this. Many thanks!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 2.png
    2.png
    464.1 KB · Views: 27

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The top middle of the FIVR window shows that Undervolt Protection is still enabled. Install the previous BIOS version.

1722693510239.png

The other forum thread you posted in tells you this information. Why did you ignore it?

jojonohi

The top middle of the FIVR window shows that Undervolt Protection is still enabled. Install the previous BIOS version.

View attachment 357397

The other forum thread you posted in tells you this information. Why did you ignore it?

Thanks Unclewebb this is totally the BIOS problem. I didn't think it is bios problem at the first place because I disabled UV protection in latest BIOS but it is just a button with no function.