• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Enhances Mice with Mouse Rotation and Dynamic Sensitivity

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
At Razer, we're continually pushing the boundaries of what's possible with gaming technology, and our latest software updates for Razer mice are set to redefine precision and adaptability for gamers everywhere. The new Mouse Rotation and Dynamic Sensitivity features are now available on Razer's latest esports mice - the Razer Viper V3 Pro, and Razer DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed.

Mouse Rotation: Aligning Movement with Natural Motion
Mouse Rotation customizes the output angle from your mouse sensor to perfectly match your unique setup and grip style. This is especially beneficial for gamers who have a naturally angled swipe or an unconventional setup. By adjusting the angle in Synapse, users ensure that a left-to-right swipe on their desk corresponds directly to a horizontal movement in-game, enhancing both comfort and control.

Whether you're executing strategic maneuvers in a tactical FPS or engaging in high-speed combat in an arena FPS, these features optimize your mouse to respond intuitively to your unique playstyle. The update not only enhances the functionality of the Viper V3 Pro and DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed but also sets a new standard for personalization in gaming hardware.

Dynamic Sensitivity: Tailored Control for Every Move
Dynamic Sensitivity is a game-changing addition that offers gamers a constantly adaptive sensitivity to enable greater control of DPI output and mouse input for different playstyles. Gamers can select from 3 curve profiles (Classic, Natural and Jump) or create a custom curve that best fits the game, and playstyle.

• Classic curve means the continuous increase of sensitivity (with no cap) with faster movement speeds, like Windows mouse acceleration settings.
  • Natural and Jump curves are particularly advantageous for FPS gamers who require different DPI settings for various in-game scenarios.

Dynamic Sensitivity on Natural curve allows players to go from low to high sensitivity with a capped ratio over time, benefiting from a gradual increase of DPI for more controlled movements, therefore more predictable. This mainly benefits games like arena FPS where fast movements are needed for a wide range of view.

In tactical FPS games where precision is key for landing headshots on a set map where opponents come from a more predictable direction, players typically prefer a lower DPI for precise aiming. In these instances, Dynamic Sensitivity on Jump curve allows the DPI to instantly adjust from low to high during rapid swipes for quick 180-degree turns without losing the low DPI advantage for aiming.

This means no more manual DPI toggling during critical moments. Now, players can effortlessly transition from precise micro-adjustments to rapid scene scanning, all with a single fluid motion that perfectly aligns with their natural hand speed and chosen curve profile.

Availability
These revolutionary features are now available for the Viper V3 Pro and the DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed. To start experiencing these new features, please make sure Razer Synapse is updated to the latest versions, and firmware versions for Viper V3 Pro and DeathAdder V3 HyperSpeed.

Stay ahead of the curve and tailor your Razer mouse to your precise gaming needs. With Razer's innovative technology, every movement is a step towards mastering your gameplay.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Well, I can hardly believe it. Razer did not take the bait and tell us it was AI that enabled all these amazing features. I'm actually surprised.

Having a accelerometer with gesture control inside a mouse like a wii remote would be useful to see. I don't know why I haven't see something like that already.

System Name Main Workstation
Processor AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX PBO 3,6-4,2Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte x399 Aorus Pro (ReBAR patched)
Cooling Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 420
Memory 8x16GB (128) Kingston Fury RGB @3200Mts 16-18-18-36-74 2T
Video Card(s) RTX 3090 ROG Gaming OC @1500Mhz (1965Boost)
Storage Corsair MP510
Power Supply EVGA Super Nova 1000GT
How about they "enhance" their mouses in durability so they dont break after a couple Months?

How about they "enhance" their mouses in durability so they dont break after a couple Months?

In 15 years or so of using Razer products the only issues that I've only had aesthetical issues, which are kinda normal after continuous use, and the volume knob occasionally skipping a few steps on the original huntsman elite.
As far as functionality, everything worked just fine until I got bored with them and wanted a change. The OG Krait worked like a dream for around 10 years and I smashed it on the table more times than I can count.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
In 15 years or so of using Razer products the only issues that I've only had aesthetical issues, which are kinda normal after continuous use, and the volume knob occasionally skipping a few steps on the original huntsman elite.
As far as functionality, everything worked just fine until I got bored with them and wanted a change. The OG Krait worked like a dream for around 10 years and I smashed it on the table more times than I can count.
Yeah, OG... exactly. A lot can happen in 15 years.

Mouse rotation sounds pretty good. Finally a (built-in to driver software) solution to the common issue of mouse skew for horizontal/vertical movements.

Another issue I'd like to bring up for discussion (if Razor, or another mouse brand is reading this thread) is that of the sensor always being located in the center of the mouse (which is a layover from ball mouse having the mouse ball needing to be located in the center).

Imho, mouse sensors ideally should be moved to directly underneath the pointing finger... which (imho) would feel much more natural for 'point and click'.

I think there is enough room these days to do this with the current sensors.

Alternatively, having 3 sensors in a mouse, located a few cm apart in a triangle, would allow a software driven ability to co-locate a virtual mouse point, directly underneath your pointing finger.

Sadly, I doubt either of these options will ever happen. But one can hope that a mouse company may one day give this a run through to prototype, to see how it goes (and my main negative I can think of, is that the mouse left click action, may influence the mouse sensor negatively, if a single sensor is located underneath the pointing finger).

Anyway, I'd thought I'd throw this idea out there for discussion.

Last edited:
System Name SOCIETY
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7800x3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 64GB 6000mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090
Storage WD SN850X 4TB, Micron 1100 2TB, ZFS NAS over 10gbe network
Display(s) 27" Dell S2721DGF, 24" ASUS IPS, 24" Dell IPS
Case Corsair 750D
Power Supply Cooler Master 1200W Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard ROG Falchion
VR HMD Pimax 8KX
Software Windows 10 with Debian VM
the volume knob occasionally skipping a few steps on the original huntsman elite.
If you still have it, drip a tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol onto it and scroll it around. It fixed it for me!

Tangentially, this also happens monthly to the cherry keys on one of my keyboards. For all the hype that is mechanical keyboards, people conveniently ignore their issues. Yet, the optical-mechanical keys that razer have never had that issue for me, so kudos to Razer.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
For all the hype that is mechanical keyboards, people conveniently ignore their issues. Yet, the optical-mechanical keys that razer have never had that issue for me, so kudos to Razer.
Yep... I abandoned mechanical entirely, Scissor switch ftw. Responsive, tactile, fantastic to type on, no 'switching to something else' if you have to use a (work) laptop or keyboard, it games well too.
Its heaven honestly. Also, an infinite amount of crap has already landed under those keys, but all you do is turn the board around and bump it on your desk a few times and it all falls out because the surfaces are very flat. Not a single key has shown issues yet with intensive use, including the WASD keys. Been working on this one for two years now.

It also costs half what a decent mech costs so I bought two right away. *do get the wired version, I see the trackpoint II is now sitting at a whopping 140 euro. I bought the wired version for 65. Its also TKL, very compact alongside a mouse.

One caveat, is the FN/Ctrl that takes getting used to. Took me a half year, I kid you not. Now I can switch between regular and this np.

1720788558543.png

I am curious about optical switch.. but I'll have to burn through two of these first then. At the current rate that might take a while..

I kept changing mice, headphones, keyboards and mats, but none of them were due to technical issues.
Admittedly, a lot of gamur brands are not problem free or durable, Razer isn't the worst in that sense by a long shot.

Zowie FK1: 2 years until the left button started acting up (ghost clicks), plain useless at that point.
Sharkoon Fireglider: 1,5 year until the sensor started acting up.
Logitech G502: seems to have sporadic issues now with left click, going towards 3 years, but not used all the time.
XTRFY M42: still good. 2 years in.

Last edited:
you where lucky, i have a blackwidow overwatch editcion with the S key broken,
a razer nari headset with sudden death,
a tiamat v1 with the mic death and a razer blade 2018 advanced with a broken charger and swollen battery

but mices and optican keyboards where another story hunstman elite v1 and hunstman te red alive... and mices: mamba, deathadder overwatch, viper pro v1 and pro v3 alive as well

System Name SOCIETY
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7800x3D
Motherboard MSI MAG X670E TOMAHAWK
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 420
Memory 64GB 6000mhz
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX 3090
Storage WD SN850X 4TB, Micron 1100 2TB, ZFS NAS over 10gbe network
Display(s) 27" Dell S2721DGF, 24" ASUS IPS, 24" Dell IPS
Case Corsair 750D
Power Supply Cooler Master 1200W Gold
Mouse Razer Deathadder
Keyboard ROG Falchion
VR HMD Pimax 8KX
Software Windows 10 with Debian VM
One caveat, is the FN/Ctrl that takes getting used to. Took me a half year, I kid you not. Now I can switch between regular and this np.
Could be worse! I have a mac for work to get away from the poor windows choices they offer and oh boy. fn+ctrl+option+command is a nightmare. It's not worth getting used to. Instead, you can construct a wild and inconsistent maze of keystroke interceptors to remap the keys to sane linux/windows key combos.
Also mac keyboards are terrible compared to the one you pictured. They just don't feel good. I'd never buy it if it were my own money.