• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Philips Evnia Launches 32M2N6800M 4K Gaming Monitor with MiniLED Backlight

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
A new MiniLED gaming monitor has arrived to the Philips Evnia product line. The Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M comes with an array of features that elevate any gamer's experience. Apart from its 31.5-inch IPS panel with a maximum resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels, the star feature of this monitor is the MiniLED backlight with 1152 dimming zones, which enable a wide range of brightness, an exceptional contrast ratio, and a world of colour while gaming.

Introducing deep colour
The Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M monitor is the ideal option for gamers who appreciate high-quality colour: The MiniLED backlight, when combined with the monitor's 4K resolution and 10-bit (8-bit + FRC) colour depth, is an absolute powerhouse for colour quality. With this array of specs and the monitor's VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certification, gamers can expect a very realistic and vivid colour experience.

In addition to this, a rich colour experience is also ensured on the monitor's exterior. With the Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M being equipped with Ambiglow lighting, gamers can create a truly enchanting experience with RGB ambient lighting that can follow audio and video content.

Play with blur-free speed
Apart from its premium visual features, the Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M has more to offer when it comes to speed: Its rapid 144 Hz refresh rate, response times of up to 1 ms GtG and 0.5 ms MPRT, along with the monitor's Stark ShadowBoost feature, will allow the fastest type of gameplay and enable gamers to hit their targets and see even in the darkest corners. Not only that, but this Stark Shadowboost has three customisable levels so gamers can personalise and fine-tune the colour they would like in each scene.

Made for gaming
The Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M is equipped with features that are specifically designed for action-packed gaming.

One of the most gaming-focussed features of the Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M is the Smart Crosshair, which assists gamers in hitting targets by automatically changing the colour of the crosshair against the game's background.

Besides a DisplayPort 1.4 input and a 3-port USB hub, the Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M features two HDMI 2.1 inputs, allowing compatibility with latest-gen consoles by supporting 4K resolution at 120 Hz.

Introducing Dynamic Lighting
The new Dynamic Lighting software installed in the Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M is made to create an ecosystem across all devices equipped with RGB lighting. While gaming, Dynamic Lighting will allow Windows 11 users to sync audio and video content across their monitor and connected accessories; thereby making each gaming experience truly customised and immersive.

Additional features for the Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M
The Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M is packed with additional features that are suited for those who spend many hours in front of the screen. For example, the Smart Ergo Base lets users adjust the monitor to the most comfortable and ergonomic position with 130 mm height adjustment, while the monitor's LowBlue mode and Flicker-free settings make the gamer's viewing experience more comfortable by reducing flicker and blue light emissions.

With its modern, exquisite design features, the Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M won the iF Design Award 2023 and reddot winner 2023 awards, making it a comfortable, fashionable, and productive all-around gaming monitor.

The Philips Evnia 32M2N6800M monitor will be available for purchase from September 2024 at an MSRP of £739.99. Find more information on the product page.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Looking at price pretty decent monitor if it performs well.
Looks like all the 4K miniled 1152 zones monitors finally coming out. Bummer for the 8bit panel though. MSI and BenQ have similar products. Will come down to price and features. Anyone with 10 bit panel, DP2.1, PD90W+ will get my money.

Looks like all the 4K miniled 1152 zones monitors finally coming out. Bummer for the 8bit panel though. MSI and BenQ have similar products. Will come down to price and features. Anyone with 10 bit panel, DP2.1, PD90W+ will get my money.
Its a 8bit+ FRC panel and true 10bit LCD panels cost well over 6times the asking price of this monitor or you can get fragile OLED panels but at much more palatable ~1.5x price premium. Guess we will have to wait for OLEDs to mature for couple more generations.

Its a 8bit+ FRC panel and true 10bit LCD panels cost well over 6times the asking price of this monitor or you can get fragile OLED panels but at much more palatable ~1.5x price premium. Guess we will have to wait for OLEDs to mature for couple more generations.
Hopefully, LG's tandem OLED panels are rolled out quickly in next year or so. They are actually a game changer for OLED's viabiluty for productivity users. Brighter, much longer life, far lower burn-in issues, less power.

For now I'll have to accept fake 10 bit as I'm not touching OLED yet.

Hopefully, LG's tandem OLED panels are rolled out quickly in next year or so. They are actually a game changer for OLED's viabiluty for productivity users. Brighter, much longer life, far lower burn-in issues, less power.

For now I'll have to accept fake 10 bit as I'm not touching OLED yet.
One good thing about these 8bit + FRC panels is they are replacing 8Bit panels at that price and pushing 8Bit IPS/VA panels down the price bracket and finally killing those garbage 6bit + FRC and TN panels. For me brightness isnt an issue(I like to set my monitor below 200nits) so even current OLEDs are bright enough but lower power consumption and burn-in are the issues due to which I have avoided OLED panels.

One good thing about these 8bit + FRC panels is they are replacing 8Bit panels at that price and pushing 8Bit IPS/VA panels down the price bracket and finally killing those garbage 6bit + FRC and TN panels. For me brightness isnt an issue(I like to set my monitor below 200nits) so even current OLEDs are bright enough but lower power consumption and burn-in are the issues due to which I have avoided OLED panels.
I just checked and the new BenQ Mobiuz 321UX is a true 10 bit panel for $1199. BTW my old Dell PremierArt 2012 U2713H is 8 bit + FRC, so it's actually pathetic more than a decade later 10 bit isn't more common. This Phillips monitor is only 8 bit, no FRC BTW.

I just checked and the new BenQ Mobiuz 321UX is a true 10 bit panel for $1199. BTW my old Dell PremierArt 2012 U2713H is 8 bit + FRC, so it's actually pathetic more than a decade later 10 bit isn't more common. This Phillips monitor is only 8 bit, no FRC BTW.
Interesting, somehow Benq managed to put a 10bit panel in their gaming monitor while their PhotoVue monitors are all 8bit + FRC. According to specs on product page listed in article for this Philips monitor its a 8bit + FRC panel.

Interesting, somehow Benq managed to put a 10bit panel in their gaming monitor while their PhotoVue monitors are all 8bit + FRC. According to specs on product page listed in article for this Philips monitor its a 8bit + FRC panel.
Ok, I found a display specs website and it listed no FRC. Just checked Philips and yes it has FRC.

Cheers