• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Wah, wah, wah....Verizanon whining about it's bottom line, as usual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Lookie here:

At least they got one part right, about the churn & people not buying new phones as often, but it's not a quality issue, it's because, with few exceptions, the last 2-3 generations have offered very little in the way of anything that's actually new or improved...other than the increasingly higher prices....

Perhaps if they (Verizanon) would stop constantly jacking up their service prices, maybe folks would be more inclined to stay with them for a while longer :)

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
I was with Verizon for many years but they eventually did me dirty. I was grandfathered into the unlimited data but several years after they removed that feature, they forced me to sign a new contract if I wanted a new phone, which would remove me from being grandfathered in. I was pissed so I left them instead.

Screw Verizon.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Temporary MSI RTX 4070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Temporary Viewsonic 4K 60 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
I cried a little inside when I read about Verizon's plight :p.......but then I read their latest newsletter. They are doing fine. Revenue last quarter 33 billion dollars. Net income 4.7 billion dollars. On track for meeting expectations for the year. I'm not sure what all the "poor me" talk is about. Hell, most companies wish they could have their success.

System Name Asus G16
Processor i9 13980HX
Motherboard Asus motherboard
Cooling 2 fans
Memory 32gb 5600mhz cl40
Video Card(s) 4080 laptop
Storage 16tb, x2 8tb SSD
Display(s) QHD+ 16:10 (2560x1600, WQXGA) 240hz
Power Supply 330w psu
They do have a yield yield of 6.7%

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Power Supply 65w brick
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
They are doing fine. Revenue last quarter 33 billion dollars. Net income 4.7 billion dollars
EXACTLY........

They are whining like a spoiled little biotch about a problem (mostly) of their own making, so in my book, they should just stfu & be happy :D

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
Still using a flip from 2018 with them.
They've made offers for me to upgrade my phone which is still working fine for my useage of it, so I'm not.
Phone prices are also insane these days and that's for a device you MUST also make a monthly payment just to do anything with it.

So no, I'm riding this one to the end of the line and after that I may not worry about getting another one.
If I do, it not going to be a phone that's a grand or more because all I do is talk and text with mine - That's it.

System Name The Workhorse
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 5900X
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B550 Pro
Cooling CPU - Noctua NH-D15S Case - 3 Noctua NF-A14 PWM at the bottom, 2 Fractal Design 180mm at the front
Memory GSkill Trident Z 3200CL14
Video Card(s) NVidia GTX 1070 MSI QuickSilver
Storage Adata SX8200Pro
Display(s) LG 32GK850G
Case Fractal Design Torrent
Audio Device(s) FiiO E-10K DAC/Amp, Samson Meteorite USB Microphone
Power Supply Corsair RMx850 (2018)
Mouse Razer Viper (Original)
Keyboard Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid TKL keyboard (Cherry MX Black)
Software Windows 11 Pro (23H2)
God, every time I read about the ridiculous BS that is mobile service in the US I just get sad. I pay, like, I dunno, 30 bucks a year for unlimited calls, data and a hefty SMS package (yes, I still use those, hate messengers). And this is on a SIM plan, I can buy any device I want and slot that right in. I guess the downside is that I don’t get subsidized cheap(er?) flagship phones, but… I’ll live.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Still using a flip from 2018 with them.
They've made offers for me to upgrade my phone which is still working fine for my useage of it, so I'm not.
Phone prices are also insane these days and that's for a device you MUST also make a monthly payment just to do anything with it.

So no, I'm riding this one to the end of the line and after that I may not worry about getting another one.
If I do, it not going to be a phone that's a grand or more because all I do is talk and text with mine - That's it.
I use a 2022 Moto G Power it was $216 had features only the 1000 dollar phones at the time did

System Name Computer
Processor Intel 12700K
Motherboard Asus Prime Z690-A
Cooling Twin radiator open loop
Memory Corsair Dominator 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) eVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 2 TB
Display(s) Asus PG348Q and two Asus VN279Q monitors
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Sennheiser GSX 1000 with Sennheiser HD599 SE
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200P
Mouse Corsair Scimitar Elite RGB Wireless
Keyboard Keychron Q3 Max
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have a 7 year old phone and switched from Verizon Wireless to Mint Mobile. I'll play a small violin for them.

The consumer market is reflecting the reduction in available disposable income, inflation is on the rise, and they continue to jack their service prices and then go surprised Pikachu face over people hanging onto their expensive luxury devices for longer.

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
EXACTLY........

They are whining like a spoiled little biotch about a problem (mostly) of their own making, so in my book, they should just stfu & be happy :D
Plus they have millions to blow on having beyonce in their ads and yall know she's not cheap lol

They pay more for celeb advertising than their network here in wv!! It's so bad hubby has them and they are so slow and some days he'll have 3 bars and a call won't work.. it's such a mess.. while my att does much better.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ
They pay more for celeb advertising than their network here in wv!! It's so bad hubby has them and they are so slow and some days he'll have 3 bars and a call won't work.. it's such a mess.. while my att does much better.
Having relatives who live in WV, I can tell you that they have all sworn off Verizanon forever, due to their ridiculously high prices, crappy service and lack of customer service. All but 1 of them have switched to Google Fi or one of the other mvno's and are happier for it :)

Perhaps if they (Verizanon) would stop constantly jacking up their service prices, maybe folks would be more inclined to stay with them for a while longer :)
Did you fail to read the article? Verizon's churn rate is just under 3%/year, meaning customers stay with them on average 30+ years.

God, every time I read about the ridiculous BS that is mobile service in the US I just get sad. I pay, like, I dunno, 30 bucks a year for unlimited calls, data and a hefty SMS package
A lot of nations heavily subsidize cell service, which means you pay much more for that service than you think, in the form of taxes. These nations rely on the ignorance of their constituency, and their inability to recognize hidden and indirect costs.

System Name EventHorizon
Processor Intel® Core™ Processor i9-13900KF 8P/16 + 16E 3.00GHz [Turbo 5.7GHz] 36MB Cache LGA1700
Motherboard ASUS PRIME Z790-P
Cooling CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler
Memory 32GB (16GBx2) DDR5/6000MHz Dual Channel Memory (KINGSTON FURY BEAST RGB)
Video Card(s) GeForce RTX™ 4080 16GB
Storage 2TB WD BLACK SN850X (PCIe Gen4) NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 7300/6600 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 1200/110
Display(s) LG 34''
Case CyberPowerPC HYTE Y60 Dual Chamber Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Panoramic View Tempered Glass + 2x120mm
Audio Device(s) Asus Strix w/Alan Finote mod for Windows 11
Power Supply High Power 1300W 80+ GOLD Full Modular w/ PCIE 12+4Pins Connector for PCIe 5.0 graphics cards
Mouse Steelseries Rival 600 wired
Keyboard Steelseries Apex 7 TKL red Switch
Software Win 11 Pro
In the US, I went from $80 per month for my daughter's phone through Verizon to PureTalk Wireless for $30 a month. Unlimited blah blah. She hasn't complained about service or speed.

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
I've been on google fi since launch, ive yet to see a reason to switch

Verizon's churn rate is just under 3%/year, meaning customers stay with them on average 30+ years.
:cool: not what churn rate means. For every 100 new subs they lose 3. Has nothing to do with customer longevity and they most likely use generous definitions for new and leaving customers

:cool: not what churn rate means. For every 100 new subs they lose 3. Has nothing to do with customer longevity
Um, no, that isn't how churn rate is calculated. It means for every 100 existing customers over a given period, they lose 3. Growth rate, on the other hand, is based on new customers.

and they most likely use generous definitions for new and leaving customers
Except that they don't. When a customer is no longer a paying subscriber, they've left. How else would you define it?

Case fancier than yours
Um, no, that isn't how churn rate is calculated. It means for every 100 existing customers over a given period, they lose 3. Growth rate, on the other hand, is based on new customers.

Except that they don't. When a customer is no longer a paying subscriber, they've left. How else would you define it?
:roll:
that's not what you said in your initial post. pathetic
Verizon's churn rate is just under 3%/year, meaning customers stay with them on average 30+ years.

System Name Trackstar
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D -30 All Core CO (on Corsair XC5 block)
Motherboard Gigabyte B550 AORUS Elite V2 Rev 1.0 (F17 BIOS)
Cooling Corsair XD5 pump / Corsair XR5 1x 360mm (front) + 1x 420mm (top) rads
Memory 32GB G.Skill DDR4-3600 CL14 1:1 (F4-3600C14Q-32GVKA kit)
Video Card(s) ASRock RX 6950XT OC Formula (on Bykski A-AR6900XTOCF-X block)
Storage WD_BLACK SN850X 2TB w/HS (FW ver. 620361WD)
Display(s) Dell S3222DGM 32" 1440p/165Hz FreeSync
Case Fractal Design Meshify S2
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1200 Integrated Audio
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1200W on Liebert GXT4-1500RT120 UPS
Mouse Corsair Nightsword RGB
Keyboard Corsair K60 RGB PRO
VR HMD N/A
Software Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (Build 22631.3958)
Benchmark Scores https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1131940 https://www.3dmark.com/fs/29315810
1722351324425.png

1722351337566.png

:roll:
that's not what you said in your initial post. pathetic
Reading comprehension FTW. If existing customers leave at the rate of 3%/year, then a (simplistic) linear calculation results in a lifetime of 33 years. A more accurate exponential-decay model gives a customer mean half-life of 22.7 years. In no way, shape, or form, does it indicate customers are leaving in droves.

Case fancier than yours
Reading comprehension FTW. If existing customers leave at the rate of 3%/year, then a (simplistic) linear calculation results in a lifetime of 33 years. A more accurate exponential-decay model gives a customer mean half-life of 22.7 years. In no way, shape, or form, does it indicate customers are leaving in droves.
for the loss, for the loss again. I never said they are leaving, go look at all my posts in the thread, my posts were all correcting your statements not saying customers are leaving. Also, the only thing I saw in the article was a quarterly churn rate. If you want to use the customer monthly lifetime formula you will need a monthly churn rate. No need to thank me for constantly correcting and educating you but I'm sure you will continue with your hissy fit so go ahead. I'm done feeding trolls.

for the loss, for the loss again. I never said they are leaving, go look at all my posts in the thread, my posts were all correcting your statements .
But you didn't correct anything; you posted misinformation:

"that's not what churn rate means, it means for every 100 new subs they lose 3".

Which prompted me to define the term properly for you.

Since your statement also implies that, for every 3 subs Verizon lose, they gain 100 -- a clearly absurd proposition -- I do wonder at the thought process that led you to believe it. Just a suggestion, but a simple admission of error generally works better than petulant outbursts.

Also, the only thing I saw in the article was a quarterly churn rate. If you want to use the customer monthly lifetime formula you will need a monthly churn rate.
Again, the reading comprehension problem. As I clearly expressed, I used an annual churn rate. I obtained a "worst-case" estimate by quadrupling their (abnormally high) quarterly rate. Had I used their 2023 annual churn rate of 1.67%, the data would have been even more on their side.

Case fancier than yours
But you didn't correct anything; you posted misinformation:
Yes i did , I'm correcting your misinformation post for the third time already, it's truly pathetic. You already admitted the churn rate you got did not come from the article so you clearly failed to read it. Your definition was wrong and corrected by me. Your math was wrong as well and you used an incorrect formula.

Everything in your statement below
has
been
proved
wrong
end
of
story

*now i"m done with this troll

Did you fail to read the article? Verizon's churn rate is just under 3%/year, meaning customers stay with them on average 30+ years.

Last edited:
Yes i did , I'm correcting your misinformation post for the third time already, it's truly pathetic. You already admitted the churn rate you got did not come from the article so you clearly failed to read it. Your definition was wrong and corrected by me. Your math was wrong as well and you used an incorrect formula.

Everything in your statement below
has
been
proved
wrong
end
of
story
An outstandingly puerile response that lacks only a rainbow stream of emojis for completeness. Your definition of churn rate was wrong, period:

What Is Churn Rate & How Do You Calculate It? – Forbes Advisor

Identifying Customer Churn in After-market Operations (smu.edu)

Churn Rate Formula: How to Calculate and Analyze Churn | Amplitude

And your statement that my churn rate "did not come from the article" is likewise incorrect. I could have easily used the exactly quarterly figure and received identical results for the linear calculation, and near-identical results for the exponential calculation. In terms of strict mathematical theory, of course, one should use an instantaneous churn figure -- but such a figure is not calculable on business terms, and wouldn't result in any appreciable difference. However, if you believe my "formula was incorrect", I invite you to post the correct calculation -- with references.

Last edited:
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard AsRock X670E Phantom Gaming Lightning
Cooling Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB (2 x 16GB)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX
Storage Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Samsung 980 PRO Series 1TB, Crucial P3 NVMe M.2 2TB
Display(s) LG OLED55G2PUA
Case Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG Certified
Audio Device(s) Digital out to high end dac and amps.
Power Supply EVGA GQ 1000W
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Logitech G413 Carbon
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Rift S, Quest 2, Quest 3
Software Windows 10 Pro
God, every time I read about the ridiculous BS that is mobile service in the US I just get sad. I pay, like, I dunno, 30 bucks a year for unlimited calls, data and a hefty SMS package (yes, I still use those, hate messengers). And this is on a SIM plan, I can buy any device I want and slot that right in. I guess the downside is that I don’t get subsidized cheap(er?) flagship phones, but… I’ll live.

My normal monthly bill is $120 (I carry 4 lines- Me, wife, daughter, and mom in law. My son will need to be added in the next year I figure). $30 a year is insane. :eek:

Easy Rhino

Linux Advocate
Staff member
System Name Desktop
Processor i5 13600KF
Motherboard AsRock B760M Steel Legend Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S
Memory 4x 16 Gb Gskill S5 DDR5 @6000
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Gaming OC 6750 XT 12GB
Storage WD_BLACK 4TB SN850x
Display(s) Gigabye M32U
Case Corsair Carbide 400C
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 650 P2
Mouse MX Master 3s
Keyboard Logitech G915 Wireless Clicky
Software The Matrix
Verizon (VZ) has just revealed that it is facing a dip in its earnings, and one of the main culprits is an unexpected change in consumer behavior.

Any business that thinks lower consumer spending in this economy is unexpected also believed for the past 4 years that Joe Biden isn't senile.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
I'm very tempted to organize fundraisers for corporations. Just to see what would happen. The dream is to become some kind of celebrity and founding a non-profit org with the stated goal to donate money to telecoms, landlords and other scum just to see what would happen. It would be so much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.