• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASRock Silently Unveils X600TM-ITX, a Thin Mini-ITX Motherboard for AMD Zen 5 CPUs

System Name The Final Straw
Processor Intel i7-7700
Motherboard Asus Prime H270M Plus
Cooling Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120
Memory G.Skill 32GB DDR4 2400 - F4-2400C15D
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1660 Super SC Ultra 6GB GDDR6
Storage WD Blue SN550 512GB and 1TB M.2 + Seagate 2TB 7200 SATA
Display(s) Acer VG270U P 2k
Case Thermaltake Versa H17
Audio Device(s) HDMI
Power Supply EVGA 750 white
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Logitech
VR HMD Why?
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 = 33,624 / Fire Strike = 12,690 / Time Spy = 5,465 as of 7/16/2024
Says in the manual supports:

Windows 10 64 BIT

CPU fan of maximum 1A - Intel (12W). Doesn't say what model. Maybe LGA 1700...

19V power adapter for the DC jack. This jack accepts dual barrel plugs with an inner diameter of 2.5 mm and an outer diameter of 5.5 mm, where the inner contact is +19 (±10%) DC and the shell is centre positive.

now please make this an ordinary, low-cost matx product
because lets face it the vast majority of all normie users dont need the pch at all

Just 1 ethernet port and that is 1 Gbps, only 2 SATA ports. What's the point of this board?
There are M.2 E key 2.5 Gbps NICs available so its easy to expand network capability same with Sata ports you can find M.2 host cards with 5 or 6 Sata ports if you want more ports. This board has no chipset and is providing all the connectivity that comes out of the CPU directly hence only 2 Sata ports.

AsRock

TPU addict
I am a fan of SFF systems, but with this one I have to ask - what is the CPU and more importantly the cooler you'd use to take advantage of the "Thin" part of it?

Just a excuse not to put heatsinks on it.

The 8500G has been around since february tho.

I thought Strix point had too big memory bus for AM5, could be wrong tho. Maybe you're talkning about some other APU.
Strix Point is the default mass market APU single piece of silicon and yes it will be available on AM5

Strix Halo is the first of a new family of AMD chips and is IMHO the start of a new tier of performance in the laptop (and elsewhere) sphere within the X86 market, with it's defining point being the doubling of memory channels. It will arrive on a whole new socket. I am hoping for options to be presented to OEM's, motherboard designers/manufacturers, the market in general and allow the market to define the RAM types available on what motherboard types for what form factors, and that's just the desktop market and this is absolutely going in laptops. Possible RAM types, Desktop DDR5 DIMM's, DDR5 SO-DIMM's, CAMM, or soldered, we just don't know yet, buit will soon enough once the immediate launces are out of the way I suspect it will find it's way out (desktop Zen 5 launch + 7-days ish).

The 8500G has been around since february tho.
Excepting the point that the 8500G is Zen 4.!!! Zen 5 has not launched yet.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
Exactly, running a 7800X3D while being forced to use the IGP is an excellent plan lol
And it's one of the slowest zen 4 chips at 65w, why the hell would you get that one in particular? Doesn't make sense.

SL2

Strix Point is the default mass market APU single piece of silicon and yes it will be available on AM5
Do you have a source for that?

Excepting the point that the 8500G is Zen 4.!!! Zen 5 has not launched yet.
It was actually reply to Crispy.

And it's one of the slowest zen 4 chips at 65w, why the hell would you get that one in particular? Doesn't make sense.
It's called being sarcastic, and it was a reply to Nostras post, which I find sarcastic. Running a 3D chip without a graphics card is a bad idea to begin with, which you would be forced to do with this board. (No, I'm leaving the M.2 out of the discussion)

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Just 1 ethernet port and that is 1 Gbps, only 2 SATA ports. What's the point of this board?
Just like the article says: HTPC. You don't need 6 drives to watch a movie.

Reactions: SL2
System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-4800
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Yup, half the thread is disappointment that the budget board isn't a budget board, just because of the unusual form factor.
Yeah. It's a tiny board, so less material is needed to make it, it has a lot fewer connections, no PCH, no PCI-e x16, small VRM, etc... It should be way cheaper than a normal board. But even ITX cases are more expensive than full towers due to supply and demand, unfortunately. :(

SL2

Yeah. It's a tiny board, so less material is needed to make it, it has a lot fewer connections, no PCH, no PCI-e x16, small VRM, etc... It should be way cheaper than a normal board. But even ITX cases are more expensive than full towers due to supply and demand, unfortunately. :(
The LGA1700 counterpart was about €130, too much if it would have been a µATX. Dunno how much the added PCB layers add to cost in Mini-ITX, but I'm not sure this board needs that many given the specs.

Last edited:
Wow. I read all the comments and the vast majority don't get thin ITX. This product release probably belongs on a different website.

mini-itx.com - news
FanlessTech

The product would be better appreciated on the above two.

Do you have a source for that?
The information is pretty clear and you really won't have to wait long to find out, it's already on their webpage, and Strix started shipping this month (July).

Strix Point is the next gen AMD default chip for thin and light laptops (the largest single market sector by volume) and can and will be sold for use in the AM5 socket, it is the direct successor to the same chip line that includes the 8500G, the new line is the "AI 300" line, there is going to be a lot of different products at launch, and they should actually be able to buy before Christmas because AMD (TSMC) has been producing these new chips at a larger pace than any previous generation, this will be a big launch with mass volume expected shortly after launch, which is also good news for those who might want a Strix Point desktop system as they might (hopefully) come to desktop sooner than previous generations. Strix Point will certainly be a solid improvement all round on all fronts, it will feel like a real generational uplift.

Wow. I read all the comments and the vast majority don't get thin ITX. This product release probably belongs on a different website.

mini-itx.com - news
FanlessTech

The product would be better appreciated on the above two.
Perhaps you could help people appreciate the benefits, uses and purpose of a slim ITX board vs a standard height ITX board.

SL2

The information is pretty clear and you really won't have to wait long to find out, it's already on their webpage, and Strix started shipping this month (July).
We all know that it will come to laptops. I didn't edit the quote, but I was specifially interested in your AM5 claim. I still haven't seen any sources that confirm an AM5 launch.

Strix point have a memory bus twice the size of Hawk point and Raphael, and it doesn't support RAM slots. This can of course be changed, but I wonder how that would affect performance.

We all know that it will come to laptops. I didn't edit the quote, but I was specifially interested in your AM5 claim. I still haven't seen any sources that confirm an AM5 launch.
There are leaks from multiple sources going back years that follow the progression of whole "lines" of chips, "lines" as in "market segments", this chip directly follows the last chip in all meaningful ways including how it attaches to motherboards, the power etc, this will be coming to AM5 as the direct successor to the 8500G, please connect the dots and do your own research, or just wait a short while, I will not answer anything more on this point.

Strix point have a memory bus twice the size of Hawk point and Raphael
Wrong. "Strix Halo" has a 256-bit memory bus.

Strix Halo ≠ Strix Point

Strix is the codename for the family, "Halo" and "Point" are different specific products, there may be others.

and it doesn't support RAM slots
It certainly can and that will depend on the manufacturer of the motherboard and dictated by purpose (laptop, desktop, other) and motherboard design and layout. It will absolutely be launched with CAMM memory modules because no one in 2024 will risk module failure with 256G of RAM soldered to the motherboard, CAMM modules can be fit inside NUC (SFF) sized boxes that are popular these days and a significant part of that market is Barebones where people expect to have choice and flexibility still and that has to mean CAMM modules, it can also simply support standard DDR5, just 4 sticks worth, with perhaps the drawback with that option being that the RAMM cannot run as fast because it is not as physically close, but it is still an option and certainly possible, again I will not discuss this point further.

SL2

You're making no sense calling the 16 CU Strix point a direct successor to the 4 CU 8500G.
It's a successor to 12 CU 8700G if anything, even if the latter has no C-cores.

I've never even mentioned Strix halo. I was pretty sure I've read that Strix point has twice the bus width, but that was a mistake. Having 128 bit does change my point of view, obviously.

Regarding RAM slots, I'm not making this up. It's mentioned here after three minutes.

Anyway, at first I was not impressed by the single review I've seen (S16), didn't think Meteor lake (CPU performance) would have a chance, maybe just a limiting Strix point laptop SKU with underwhelming cooling. It does mention a 13" model that beats everything so I might be right about that. A 41 % difference in CBench R23 is insane for the same APU, with the faster one also having a 4070 AND lower weight.

1722186398556.png

You're making no sense calling the 16 CU Strix point a direct successor to the 4 CU 8500G.
It's a successor to 12 CU 8700G if anything, even if the latter has no C-cores.
I was talking about the family that comes form a single piece of silicon, of course there will be higher and lower models.!

Regarding RAM slots, I'm not making this up. It's mentioned here after three minutes.
I will be as polite as possible, I no longer care about what you have to say, or the opinions you suggest I look at, this conversation is over, bye.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS A520M-K
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix CJR OEM DDR4-3200 @ 4000 20-22-20-48
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro x64

Strix point have a memory bus twice the size of Hawk point and Raphael, and it doesn't support RAM slots. This can of course be changed, but I wonder how that would affect performance.
What I really hope is some mobo manufacturer take these APU, soldered it to mATX or ITX size and put minimum 16GB LPDDR5 with proper ports (M.2, SATA) and PCIe x16, x1 slots, with unlock BIOS and beefy VRM so it can handle extra heat. I'll buy it

System Name Dark Obelisk
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard Asus Dark Hero X570
Cooling Arctic Cooling 420 AIO 6x Gentle Typhoons
Memory 128gb Corsair Dominator 3600mhz 4x32gb
Video Card(s) Nvidia 3090FE (Copper Modded)
Storage 2TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus 4TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus
Display(s) AW3423DW-QDOLED
Case Corsair 1000D
Audio Device(s) DOUK External Amp/Dac
Power Supply Evga P2 1600watt
Mouse Asus Gladiator
Keyboard Corsair Rapid Fire MK2 Cherrys
VR HMD N/A
Software Win10 Custom Pheonix
If only software was able to catch up imagine if we could use these inplace of a Nvidia shield the integrated GPU alone would smoke that 2017 SoC of Nvidia's. Only need to get Android TV capable of running on this hardware then we'd never need to wait for Nvidia to shovel whatever leftover SoC they have.

System Name Mean machine
Processor 12900k
Motherboard MSI Unify X
Cooling Noctua U12A
Memory 7600c34
Video Card(s) 4090 Gamerock oc
Storage 980 pro 2tb
Display(s) Samsung crg90
Case Fractal Torent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Arya / a30 - d30 pro stack
Power Supply Be quiet dark power pro 1200
Mouse Viper ultimate
Keyboard Blackwidow 65%
It's not the cost of the materials but creating a whole line of production for a product that won't have as many sales as traditional ATX boards.

SL2

What I really hope is some mobo manufacturer take these APU, soldered it to mATX or ITX size and put minimum 16GB LPDDR5 with proper ports (M.2, SATA) and PCIe x16, x1 slots, with unlock BIOS and beefy VRM so it can handle extra heat. I'll buy it
So a stand alone motherboard, with soldered CPU and RAM? Yeah that's too close to prebuilts I guess, while being too limited compared to traditional boards. I don't think it would be popular.

Combining a soldered APU with a PCIE x16 slot is an odd choice.

Unlikely to happen. If a motherboard is ITX or nATX they are very specifically in the ATX Family and there were many add-in card slots available for a reason, (they were needed as the only input was a keyboard and there were no outputs, for the youngsters who don't know their PC hardware history), and you have specifically stated WITH PCIe slots etc, at which point why solder on the RAM when everything else is changeable / upgradeable, ditto soldering the CPU.!

I would personally love to see one or more companies launch such a product, and I will be perfectly happy if after a few years those that bought the product would do so again, or whether they would like a traditionally upgradable product, or whether they want to go to the mini-PC / NUC / AIO / Laptop / Tablet / Console / Portable end of the spectrum where traditionally there has been little to upgrade beyond storage and the occasional add-on.

One could argue that it would essentially be like a console / PC hybrid and could be done, but perhaps it would not have the appeal unless the design was such that the whole unit was like a console but with an empty section cut off from the rest of the console for the upgrade slots so it appeals to what console users are used to, but still gives enough flexibility and upgrade possibilities that it also appeals to PC users.

Funnily enough platforms just like this are perhaps on the horizon, for all I know, perhaps MicroShaft are going to use "Strix Halo" as the basis of a new Console and it could absolutely be designed as you describe (although MicroShaft would lock down the BIOS, another manufacturer would release something that is not locked down).