• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

System Name Shadowchaser
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200C14 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Zotac GeForce RTX 4080 Trinity 16GB
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVMe + Samsung 970EVO Plus 2TB + 2x WD Red 4TB SATA3
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Define 7 Black
Power Supply Seasonic SS-750KM3
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Software Linux Debian 12 x64 + MS Windows 10 Pro x64
Tried F1 23 with F1 24 car skin mode. So far so good.

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
I guess it's high time I started it, then. Walking simulator is my middle name for a reason. :ohwell: So far, the king of the genre is Kingdom Come Deliverance in my eyes. I can't wait for the second one to come out!
It’s as good as Skyrim, the KB/M controls feel clunky is all, and you will randomly die. GD O’Donnell gang. Horse riding and using a rope has allowed me to work at enjoying the game while building resources

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Yes it is amazing, if you can get past that pos Rockstar Games Launcher which asks for login and verification every time it updates, if it doesn't crash once updated.
Don't get me wrong, RDR2 is a work of art, but the launcher is nauseating.
Agreed, I hate it as well but it is what it is. I don't even add my account, I just skip it. Quicker maybe?
I don't even do missions in rdr2, got 250+ hours and I barely progressed past the 1st camp near Valentine.
I just wander around. Find stuff, steal horses, hunt, explore, rob, kidnap. It's by far the best open world game ever, where you can just immerse yourself for hours roaming around.
View attachment 356842
View attachment 356843
View attachment 356844
View attachment 356845
View attachment 356846
View attachment 356848
Gorgeous screenshots bud! Honestly, I strongly recommend you do the story. It is great. Good thing is after you do the story you are still able to wander freely and do missions or just as you are now, random things. Most people do the story more than once. My first story I played with good honor, now my 2nd one I'm doing it with as low honor as possible. The honor system changes certain things. Also if you haven't, go on YouTube and look up like hidden things. You'd be amazed how many things they packed into this game that you probably would have never noticed. One of the most, if not the most impressive game I've ever played. It's the little things that take it over the top.
Tried F1 23 with F1 24 car skin mode. So far so good.
Have you tried F1 24? Wondering if all the complaints about the handling were heard and tweaked?

D

DX12, Vulcan was faster and didn't have the banded shadows so looked better but was more prone to crashes for sure.
You can clear the excessive vram buildup by manual saving and then loading that save once on a while.
It’s as good as Skyrim, the KB/M controls feel clunky is all, and you will randomly die. GD O’Donnell gang. Horse riding and using a rope has allowed me to work at enjoying the game while building resources
Yeah, it plays a lot better on a controller. I barely use KB+M now that I got an eswap X pad. I tell you it's the best thing I bought in the last couple of years. Comfortable for long sessions and the sticks feel as precise as using a mouse.

@AusWolf I too seem to grew to enjoy playing at a walking pace. I mean I enjoy checking out new games on GamePass, but frankly I could just keep roaming rdr2 and delivering stuff back and forth in Death Stranding for the next couple of years. Have you tried it ? I love both rdr2 and DS for the open world playability. DS is absolutely incredible for the feeling of rebuilding a new world from scraps it gives you.
Death Stranding Screenshot 2024.05.25 - 09.00.15.93.png

Death Stranding Screenshot 2024.05.19 - 16.32.34.89.png
Death Stranding Screenshot 2024.05.10 - 21.00.13.98.png
Death Stranding Screenshot 2024.05.28 - 18.02.28.62.png

Death Stranding Screenshot 2024.05.12 - 17.40.59.42.png

Death Stranding Screenshot 2024.05.24 - 19.55.00.59.png

Last edited:
Playing Fallout London (when it does not crash)
I haven't had any crashes yet. I'm running the GOG version though so Steam/Epic might be having issues. Good game though! It was a freebie on GOG, but I would have happily paid $25 or $30 for it.

No mods at all, just clean install of FOGOTY from GOG, then FOL installed in same folder as FOGOTY
Well, ok. Weird. Maybe you have something weird going on with your Windows install..

I think, better than Snes and 32X for sure ! :laugh:
The recent 32X mod of Doom kicks butt! However, it does not have Doom2.

System Name Warranty Void Mk.IV
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asus X470-I Strix
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC12LS + 2x Be Quiet! Pure Wings 2 140mm / Silverstone 120mm Slim
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600MHz 2x8GB CL16 - Tightened Sub-timings
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra
Storage WD SN550 / MX300 / MX500
Display(s) AOC CU34G2 / LG 29UM69G-B - Auxilary
Case CM NR200P
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC 1220+SupremeFX
Power Supply Silverstone SX650-G 650W
Mouse Logitech G302/G303 SE/G502/G203 / MMO: Corsair Nightsword
Keyboard CM Masterkeys Pro M / Asus Sagaris GK100
VR HMD Oculus Rift S
Software Windows 10 Pro x64 - LTSB
I'm back on Warhammer 40K: Dark Crusade, it still has such a good campaign mode in the Dawn of War franchise. It's a shame that the only way to extend gameplay time on that mode is is to do it all over again on a different race. :p

I still love the wargear/honor guard and area control bonus systems. It was rewarding as hell and kept me playing to this day.

I wish there was a mod that revamps the map to have more locations to fight in before getting to the enemy strongholds.

System Name Favourite toy(s)
Processor Ryzen 5 7600X lapped @ Custom PBO boost & Ryzen 7 7700 @ stock
Motherboard Asrock X670E Steel Legend / Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite
Cooling Deep Cool AK620 / Stock cooler
Memory G.Skill F5-5600J3036D16GX2-FX5 / Corsair Vengeance CMH32GX5M2B5600C36
Video Card(s) Asus TUF gaming RX 7900 XTX OC edition / iGPU
Storage 1 + 2TB T-Force Cardea A440 pro / 2 x Kingston KC3000 1TB
Display(s) Asus TUF Gaming VG34VQL3A / Samsung C32G55TQWE
Case MSI MPG Sekira 100R / Silverstone Redline mATX
Audio Device(s) Asus Xonar AE 7.1 + Audio Technica -AD500X / Onboard + Creative 2.1 soundbar
Power Supply Corsair RM1000x V2 / Corsair RM750x V2
Mouse MSI Clutch GM20 Elite / CM Reaper
Keyboard Logitech G512 Carbon / MSI G30 Vigor
Just finished the MQ in Starfield with a strict RPG character I created. NG+ looks potentially interesting but now I'll take a break from Bethesda's new universe & try out Chernobylite! See if Farm 51 have got their act together. :)

System Name Shadowchaser
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B550-E Gaming
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200C14 4x8GB
Video Card(s) Zotac GeForce RTX 4080 Trinity 16GB
Storage Kingston KC3000 2TB NVMe + Samsung 970EVO Plus 2TB + 2x WD Red 4TB SATA3
Display(s) Gigabyte M27Q
Case Fractal Define 7 Black
Power Supply Seasonic SS-750KM3
Software Linux Debian 12 x64 + MS Windows 10 Pro x64
Have you tried F1 24? Wondering if all the complaints about the handling were heard and tweaked?
Not yet. It is on sale at Steam but 50 EUR is kinda too much for every-year-same-game-but-reskin :D I always buy F1 games later in the season when they are around 30 EUR. Had a plan to buy, try and refund before 120 minutes, but everyday something else occur :D

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
I haven't had any crashes yet. I'm running the GOG version though so Steam/Epic might be having issues. Good game though! It was a freebie on GOG, but I would have happily paid $25 or $30 for it.

Well, ok. Weird. Maybe you have something weird going on with your Windows install..

The recent 32X mod of Doom kicks butt! However, it does not have Doom2.

It's not just me having issues, a lot of others are. I have tried with the recommended mods and without, the CTD just seems to be random, but most often when first running the game. I played it last night for over 4 hours with no problem. Sometimes it will just CTD every time when trying to run it again after a long session running with no problem.

I did find the Tardis though, you get a quest to do if you find it. It is not far from the pub where the vagabonds reside, down a ally

tardis.jpg

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Yes it is amazing, if you can get past that pos Rockstar Games Launcher which asks for login and verification every time it updates, if it doesn't crash once updated.
Don't get me wrong, RDR2 is a work of art, but the launcher is nauseating.
Never seen it ;)

@AusWolf I too seem to grew to enjoy playing at a walking pace. I mean I enjoy checking out new games on GamePass, but frankly I could just keep roaming rdr2 and delivering stuff back and forth in Death Stranding for the next couple of years. Have you tried it ? I love both rdr2 and DS for the open world playability. DS is absolutely incredible for the feeling of rebuilding a new world from scraps it gives you.

This enjoyment of slow paced games imo is about having enough action recently. Kinda no hunger for action due to being full. To some point that's why I had totally amazing time with DS - starting playing ~14, not feeling pass of time or getting tired to finish ten hours later when I just felt sleepy. Day after day until the end. This is exactly what makes my 10/10 games. It's good to play games in action-balanced order.

The same goes with each game in general. Meaning a good game is about good rhythm of action and slower moments to not tire or bore you when rhythm is not well balanced. That's if we talk linear games and in open worlds you are the one responsible for creating yourself this enjoyable rhythm. E.g. starting playing with something more intense like story mission and usually next feels a good time for some variety of smaller activities. It's even better or worse, however man see this responsibility - you can plan it better than authors, because totally to your own likings, but you have to.

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Not yet, but it's another one on my list of games to play next. :)

I'm back on Warhammer 40K: Dark Crusade, it still has such a good campaign mode in the Dawn of War franchise. It's a shame that the only way to extend gameplay time on that mode is is to do it all over again on a different race. :p

I still love the wargear/honor guard and area control bonus systems. It was rewarding as hell and kept me playing to this day.

I wish there was a mod that revamps the map to have more locations to fight in before getting to the enemy strongholds.
I love that game! :) Only that when some other faction attacks you, you have to play a defence mission, otherwise you risk losing territory to the enemy. It's either time wasted on non-story elements, or a risk.

Not yet, but it's another one on my list of games to play next. :)

I love that game! :) Only that when some other faction attacks you, you have to play a defence mission, otherwise you risk losing territory to the enemy. It's either time wasted on non-story elements, or a risk.

Our coleague enjoyed "feeling of rebuilding the world" when I was totally not into this. Yeah, just built few things only when I needed to. I also started playing on launch (PS4), so online addition was potentially not working it's best. I see the essence of this game as Kojima somehow trolling industry or proving his value with showing he created walking simulator where walking is the best part of the game. That felt genius to me. It's just a game about focusing on every next step to not fall down (and hurt or loose valuable baggage) or planning what route to go next X meters. That's why this game keeps you involved every secound and every each is fun.

Our coleague enjoyed "feeling of rebuilding the world" when I was totally not into this. Yeah, just built few things only when I needed to.
I meant the whole theme being centered around making the old country whole again after the death stranding event, not really building individual structures specifically. By rebuilding I meant more like reconnecting people who have been resorted to bunkering underground with no contact. Rebuilding lost society.

Last edited:

Fine, I also didn't feel to much of it or just didn't need to. I just enjoyed pure gameplay, every step and simple fighting with environment using creativity and tools. And I didn't like the awfully messy plot and universe. It's this kind where author makes things overly strange, complicated or having many loose ends to make you wonder if it's shit or you don't get it. It's usually shit they hide like that. At best shit with often obvious powerful message and imo this is exactly what DS was.

Last edited:
Fine, I also didn't feel to much of it or just didn't need to. I just enjoyed pure gameplay, every step and simple fighting with environment using creativity and tools. And I didn't like the awfully messy plot and universe. It's this kind where author makes things overly strange, complicated or having many loose ends to make you wonder if it's shit or you don't get it. It's usually shit they hide like that. At best shit with often obvious powerful message and imo this is exactly what DS was.
I did like the story and the lore very much, including the weird parts that you had to uncover through reading lost emails a couple of times to piece them together. Gameplay was cool in a sense too, exhausting, slow and demanding but extremely satisfying once a task was completed. I actually preferred delivering on foot if that was a possibility.

Last edited:

I did like the story and the lore very much, including the weird parts that you had to uncover through reading lost emails a couple of times to piece them together. Gameplay was cool in a sense too, exhausting, slow and demanding but extremely satisfying. I actually preferred delivering on foot if that was a possibility.

I have to say that I wanted to like the story and lore and paid full attention to cut scenes or red anything I could in the way not missing something to get the most of it. Imo it was overcomplicated and strange mess, which also didn't keep me excited, but now to some point we talk personal likings ;) Other thing is I played the game on PS4 launch and don't know what brings Director's Cut, something from it's nature rather making things better and what guys starting with DS today would go.

I have to say that I wanted to like the story and lore and paid full attention to cut scenes or red anything I could in the way not missing something to get the most of it. Imo it was overcomplicated and strange mess, which also didn't keep me excited, but now to some point we talk personal likings ;) Other thing is I played the game on PS4 launch and don't know what brings Director's Cut, something from it's nature rather making things better and what guys starting with DS today would go.
I like it when the plot is perplexing. It's the whole theme of the game cause it's the same with deliveries. They're long, require a lot of effort, but when completed, they give you a lot of satisfaction, piecing the plot together is very similar. Watching cutscenes is way too little info to fully comprehend the world after the Death Stranding event, you gotta read all documents (well, most of them, many aren't that important), and even then there's room for some things that will puzzle you.

Last edited:
If you can do that then you are a better man than me. It always made me happy to see the next item box so that I could sort through my hoard. I usually seemed to be carrying too much of what I didn't really need and needing what was in the box.
It's not as difficult as it sounds. Take that from someone who is probably not very skilled at this sort of game.

When I was playing Resident Evil 2, after completing it a couple of times on both characters, I decided to try some of the challenges. Getting through all the modes in under certain times and with high ranks was one of them. In order to do that, you want to take the quickest routes. While I don't think this is the most fun way to play the game (doing it blind and exploring is more my thing), since I already did that, it was fine.

The best thing that helped me was looking up speed runners. While I can't come close to matching their times, the time you need to clear is much higher than they do it in. Watching them, and then trying to replicate most of what they did, taught me a lot...

1. I learned most of the fastest routes by memory.

2. I learned what I needed to pick up and what was optional based on my skill.

3. I learned to avoid most combat instead, and how to. Namely, I got me better at running right by things/dodging them, or simply staggering them briefly with a quick hit to the knee, instead of spending more time and resources trying to put them down entirely.

Basically, by doing this, it made a lot of the other challenges easier. The "don't use a healing item" and "don't save" for example. That sounds hard... but then you realize you can even use the upgraded/infinite weapons to complete them, which I'd say makes it way too easy.

I got most of the achievements done in Resident Evil 2 (the survivor mode ones were the ones I didn't accomplish), but Resident Evil 3 is one I put down before I got most of them. Apparently I didn't read all story files (I thought I was super thorough?) nor find all of the hidden raccoons or whatever they are. I know I could just look up a guide but I want to leave them for myself to find if I ever go back to it one day. I'll look up advice/video examples to learn but otherwise looking up guides for where things is is only a last resort for me.

The one I'll probably never complete on Resident Evil 3 are the higher difficulties. Nemesis on hardcore was challenging enough for me, haha.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 360 A-RGB // X12 Phanteks D30-120 D-RGB Fans
Memory G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo RGB Series (AMD Expo) DDR5 RAM 32GB (2x16GB) 6000MT/s CL30
Video Card(s) ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme AIRO
Storage Samsung Pro 980 2TB NVMe (OS and Games) // WD Black 10TB HDD (Storage)
Display(s) SAMSUNG 34-Inch SJ55W Ultrawide Gaming Monitor (LS34J550WQNXZA) – 75Hz Refresh WQHD Computer Monitor
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex GX-1200, 1200W 80+ Gold, ATX 3.0
Software Windows 11 Pro
Not yet. It is on sale at Steam but 50 EUR is kinda too much for every-year-same-game-but-reskin :D I always buy F1 games later in the season when they are around 30 EUR. Had a plan to buy, try and refund before 120 minutes, but everyday something else occur :D
Yeah, I totally get it. I also didn't but it this year. I have a full sim racing setup too, so it's always tempting to try new games in it, but yeah, not happening for me this year most likely.

System Name Ryzen Monster
Processor Ryzen 5 5600X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VII WiFi
Cooling Corsair H100i RGB Platinum
Memory Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4x8GB) 3200Mhz CMW16GX4M2C3200C16
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RX5700XT OC 8Gb
Storage WD Black 500GB NVMe 250Gb Samsung SSD, OCZ 500Gb SSD WD M.2 500Gb, plus three spinners up to 1.5Tb
Display(s) LG 32GK650F-B 32" UltraGear™ QHD
Case Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Audio Device(s) Supreme FX on board
Power Supply Corsair RM850X full modular
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB Silent
VR HMD Headphones Logitech G533 wireless
Software Windows 11 Start 11
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Time Spy 4532 (9258 March 2021, 9399 July 2021)
I'm still on Lara Croft Go because at my age, my brain needs as much mental gymnastics as it can get :D

System Name BigRed
Processor I7 12700k
Motherboard Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4
Cooling Noctua D15S chromax black/MX6
Memory TEAM GROUP 32GB DDR4 4000C16 B die
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3080 Gaming Trio X 10GB
Storage M.2 drives-Crucial P5 500GB 4x4/WD SN850X 4TB 4x4/WD SN850X 2TB 4x4
Display(s) Dell s3422dwg 34" 3440x1440p 144hz ultrawide
Case Corsair 7000D
Audio Device(s) Topping D10s DAC/PCamp TC 1680 AMP/MS M10 Speakers/Bowers and Wilkins P7 Headphones
Power Supply Corsair RM850x 80% gold
Mouse Logitech G604 wireless
Keyboard Logitech G413 carbon
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Who cares
Over 10hrs on FOL now, when it runs it seems to be ok, it does still CTD every so often though, but it's not bad enough to make it unplayable. The beefeaters are tough, though their armour is good if you can grab some.

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I have to say that I wanted to like the story and lore and paid full attention to cut scenes or red anything I could in the way not missing something to get the most of it. Imo it was overcomplicated and strange mess, which also didn't keep me excited, but now to some point we talk personal likings ;)
Is that a Japanese thing by any chance? 'cause I'm having the same feeling about NieR Automata. The lore is nice, the world building is great, but the plot jumps from one thing to the next without any connection which really puts me off. I like a steady flow in a story. I don't like it when things just happen because the story says so. I also don't like reading stuff in a game. It's supposed to be an interactive, 3D experience, anything else is just lazy. If I want to read, I'll grab a book, not a game. I really want to like the game for various reasons, but I can't fully commit to liking it for various other reasons. :(

Is that a Japanese thing by any chance? 'cause I'm having the same feeling about NieR Automata. The lore is nice, the world building is great, but the plot jumps from one thing to the next without any connection which really puts me off. I like a steady flow in a story. I don't like it when things just happen because the story says so. I also don't like reading stuff in a game. It's supposed to be an interactive, 3D experience, anything else is just lazy. If I want to read, I'll grab a book, not a game. I really want to like the game for various reasons, but I can't fully commit to liking it for various other reasons. :(

I wouldn't say really Japanese :D I think that we both understand it as this kind which could only come from Japan and is hard to digest by people not being into such meals. Just don't bother with plot and readables and focus on gameplay - I liked this game so much purely for gameplay. And rather don't bother with side missions/stuff - they are running around already known areas, so don't give new challenges what may feel repetetive. Just do story missions and this game should taste best like that. Campaign is long, so you will be full. Also read about difficulty levels, because if I recall, it was crucial here. If I remember well I played on highest one, or highest available during original launch on PS4, and whole game felt great, but boss fights were a little too hardcore. But you can always lower it and maybe devs rebalanced things later.

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
I'm still on Lara Croft Go because at my age, my brain needs as much mental gymnastics as it can get :D

Recalls statement by user above that Latin's have very sensitive souls and decides in favor of mild compliment to their humble nature. :p