• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ASUS Announces Complete Portfolio of AMD Ryzen AI Laptops

Nomad76

News Editor
Staff member
ASUS announced availability for the company's new lineup of AMD Ryzen AI laptops featuring advanced AI capability with 50 TOPS NPU AI engines.

ASUS ProArt P16 / ProArt PX13
The new ASUS ProArt laptop lineup is designed to empower every creator — whether they are everyday users, outdoor content creators, or professionals — to transform their precious life moments into enduring stories. The lightweight, durable, and powerful laptops allow users to create anywhere, create faster, and create smarter.

Both models feature the ASUS-exclusive StoryCube and MuseTree apps to enable smarter and more streamlined creative workflows, made possible by the power of fully local AI. StoryCube is a smart, convenient, and powerful digital asset-management tool with AI assistance for scene categorization and clip generation, allowing users to effortlessly manage and export the contents of their file library. MuseTree transforms inspiration into imagery swiftly, allowing users to generate more creativity through simple graphical interactions, while intelligently always storing and managing their ideas.

The 16-inch ProArt P16 (H7606) laptop delivers unparalleled creative on-the-go experiences anywhere, boasting cutting-edge components within its premium black chassis that's just over half an inch thin and 4.1 lb light. Powered by a 50 TOPS NPU integrated into the AMD Ryzen AI 9 HX 370 processor, and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU, the P16 is the first AI PC built for advanced AI workflows across creativity, gaming, productivity and more. Its GeForce RTX 4070 Laptop GPU provides creatives with RTX AI acceleration in top 2D, 3D, video editing, and streaming apps. RTX GPUs breeze through video editing tasks 2.5x faster with DaVinci Resolve. Adobe Premiere Pro's AI Speech Enhance runs 4.5x faster. 3D is accelerated by as much as 6x in Autodesk Arnold.

For increased portability, the 3 lb, 13-inch ProArt PX13 (HN7306) convertible laptop is designed to excel in any user scenario, with a 360° hinge that allows seamless transition between laptop, tent, stand or tablet modes. Whether creating on-the-go or working from home, its high-resolution 3K ASUS Lumina OLED display ensures lifelike visuals that captivate and inspire. Powered by the AMD Ryzen AI 9 HX 370 processor, ProArt PX13 is an NVIDIA Studio-validated laptop, with up to a GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, it enables creators to unlock unique AI capabilities and dive into AI-accelerated workflows, from textures to lighting effects to AI-generated imagery. Along with ultrafast WiFi 7 connectivity, there are extensive I/O ports including twin 40 Gbps USB4 for fast charging and external displays, HDMI 2.1 FRL, and a UHS-II MicroSD card reader for quick action-cam transfers.

Additionally, across the new ProArt laptop lineup, ASUS and CapCut have partnered to give users an exclusive free six-month CapCut membership program that provides access to premium features and thousands of assets, giving them the benefits of a flexible editing workflow, magical AI tools, and a stock library. A free three-month Adobe Creative Suite subscription will also be included.

ASUS Zenbook S 16
A stunning fusion of art and technology, the premium ASUS Zenbook S 16 (UM5606) is a sleek and lightweight ultraportable. The Zenbook S 16 is adorned with functional aesthetic elements throughout its sophisticated chassis. ASUS's groundbreaking Ceraluminum material, available in minimalist nature-inspired colors, is integrated into the Zenbook S 16's design. This high-tech ceramic material accentuates the laptop's sleek design, adds a unique tactile feel to its lid, and endows it with impressive strength and durability.

The Zenbook S 16 offers more than just a stunning design; it's packed with advanced technology to enhance user experience. At its core lies the powerful (up to) AMD Ryzen AI 9 HX 370 processor, up to 32 GB of fast LPDDR5X RAM and a spacious 1 TB PCIe 4.0 SSD and a 78Whr battery. With an advanced 3D vapor-chamber cooling system, the Zenbook S 16 can reach up to 28 W TDP and handle heavy loads with no throttling while maintaining a whisper-quiet operation below 25 dB for light load scenarios. Despite housing a comprehensive array of leading-edge components, the Zenbook S 16 maintains a remarkable thinness of less than half an inch (0.47 inches at its slimmest point) and a weight of only 3.31 lb.

For hassle-free connectivity on the go, the sleek Zenbook S 16 offers a complete set of I/O ports including two USB4 Type-C, a USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A, HDMI 2.1, an SD card reader, and an audio combo jack. Its WiFi 7 with ASUS WiFi Master Premium certification ensures lightning-fast and dependable connections everywhere.

The Zenbook S 16 showcases stunning visuals through its large, vibrant 3K 120 Hz ASUS Lumina OLED display with a cinema-grade 100% DCI-P3 gamut. To complement its exceptional visual capabilities, the Zenbook S 16 offers an immersive auditory experience with its powerful six-speaker Harman Kardon-certified audio system and Dolby Atmos support.

Availability & Pricing
  • ASUS ProArt P16 (H7606) starting at an MSRP of $1,899.99
  • ASUS ProArt PX13 (HN7306) starting at an MSRP of $1,699.99
  • ASUS Zenbook S 16 (UM5606) starting at an MSRP of $1,399.99

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

System Name Ciel
Processor AMD Ryzen R5 5600X
Motherboard Asus Tuf Gaming B550 Plus
Cooling ID-Cooling 224-XT Basic
Memory 2x 16GB Kingston Fury 3600MHz@3933MHz
Video Card(s) Gainward Ghost 3060 Ti 8GB + Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 8GB
Storage NVMe Kingston KC3000 2TB + NVMe Toshiba KBG40ZNT256G + HDD WD 4TB
Display(s) AOC Q27G3XMN + Samsung S22F350
Case Cougar MX410 Mesh-G
Audio Device(s) Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Core 7.1 Wireless PC
Power Supply Aerocool KCAS-500W
Mouse EVGA X15
Keyboard VSG Alnilam
Software Windows 11
Complete portfolio, all between a grand and two...

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
I saw the reviews released today. Performance is not bad. Battery life is pretty good, although the 8845HS/7940HS can still "beat" it a bit, but thats probably on any tuning that the OEM would have to do.

The iGPUs of both the 365 and 370 looks like it can perform well compared to the 780M, as expected.

I'm getting mine on Friday so lets see if it can replace my Lenovo. :laugh:

I saw the reviews released today. Performance is not bad. Battery life is pretty good, although the 8845HS/7940HS can still "beat" it a bit, but thats probably on any tuning that the OEM would have to do.

The iGPUs of both the 365 and 370 looks like it can perform well compared to the 780M, as expected.

I'm getting mine on Friday so lets see if it can replace my Lenovo. :laugh:
Techspot reviews says battery life is poor. So far, I'm not whelmed at all by Strix.

System Name Lenovo ThinkCentre
Processor AMD 5650GE
Motherboard Lenovo
Memory 32 GB DDR4
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Mouse Lenovo
Keyboard Lenovo
Software W11 Pro 64 bit
Are they limited to 28W TDP across all three?
That would limit the performance of the 16" version with the 4070 IMO.
Never mind, I found it on their website: Up to 70W TDP.

The 16" with the 4070 is available with no O.S. and also has a large 90WHr battery.
Other versions do not have the option to exclude the O.S. and sadly they force McAfee on to users of the other models to do what they want.

Last edited:

Cheeseball

Not a Potato
Supporter
System Name Titan
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 7950X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi
Cooling ID-COOLING SE-207-XT Slim Snow
Memory TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 2x16GB DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) ASRock Radeon RX 7900 XTX 24 GB GDDR6 (MBA)
Storage 2TB Samsung 990 Pro NVMe
Display(s) AOpen Fire Legend 24" (25XV2Q), Dough Spectrum One 27" (Glossy), LG C4 42" (OLED42C4PUA)
Case ASUS Prime AP201 33L White
Audio Device(s) Kanto Audio YU2 and SUB8 Desktop Speakers and Subwoofer, Cloud Alpha Wireless
Power Supply Corsair SF1000L
Mouse Logitech Pro Superlight (White), G303 Shroud Edition
Keyboard Wooting 60HE / NuPhy Air75 v2
VR HMD Occulus Quest 2 128GB
Software Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 23H2 Build 22631.3447
Techspot reviews says battery life is poor. So far, I'm not whelmed at all by Strix.
1722306427924.png

Ultrabook Review shows the above, which is pretty impressive (at least for the browsing in Edge and video tests). I can't get those times (I get around 10 hours surfing in Edge, usually on Salesforce or JIRA) on my Minisforum V3 (8840U) at 18W TDP, albeit the battery is smaller (50 Wh).

View attachment 356918

Ultrabook Review shows the above, which is pretty impressive (at least for the browsing in Edge and video tests). I can't get those times (I get around 10 hours surfing in Edge, usually on Salesforce or JIRA) on my Minisforum V3 (8840U) at 18W TDP, albeit the battery is smaller (50 Wh).
It could be just an Asucks Zenbook S 16 issue. It appears to be the worst of the lot.

Many of the reviews are all over the place, could be a BIOS/sample issue? But battery life is great overall.
Yeah agreed, we need to wait a bit and hopefully we get more consistency. Strix looks very efficient in 15-35W range which a few have noted.