• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Electronic Arts Reports Strong Q1 FY25 Results, Revenue Down, Income Up YoY

Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASRock X670E Taichi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 Chromax
Memory 32GB DDR5 6000 CL30
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Trio
Storage Too much
Display(s) Acer Predator XB3 27" 240 Hz
Case Thermaltake Core X9
Audio Device(s) Topping DX5, DCA Aeon II
Power Supply Seasonic Prime Titanium 850w
Mouse G305
Keyboard Wooting HE60
VR HMD Valve Index
Software Win 10
It's truly amazing that people continue to buy EA Sports games and fall for their micro-transactions, despite the games being hot garbage for a long long time.

Reactions: 64K

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I was wondering if some places in Sweden make you feel like you are in a Dice game...So I googled modern Swedish architecture... and Yes

shipping containers everywhere?

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x-5600x | 9600k
Motherboard B450 AORUS M | Z390 UD
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action | AIO
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB) | Samsung DDR4 (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW | Sapphire PULSE RX 590
Storage Various
Display(s) Pixio PX279 Prime
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT | Black bench
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W | EVGA 700 Gold
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
System Name Skunkworks
Processor 5800x3d
Motherboard x570 unify
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A
Memory 32GB 3600 mhz
Video Card(s) asrock 6800xt challenger D
Storage Sabarent rocket 4.0 2TB, MX 500 2TB
Display(s) Asus 1440p144 27"
Case Old arse cooler master 932
Power Supply Corsair 1200w platinum
Mouse *squeak*
Keyboard Some old office thing
Software openSUSE tumbleweed/Mint 21.2
I remember reading the interview with the 2 BioWare co-founders that retired in 2012 and they said that EA didn't meddle in Mass Effect 2 but I just couldn't buy it. I question whether they got a sweet retirement package to make nice about their experience working for EA. The truly good talent started to bail out as well. It's just a pattern that repeats with Developers bought by EA. They are the Grim Reaper of gaming.
It was revealed by employees at bioware, after the anthem fiasco, that it was only after andromeda bombed hard that EA began to pay attention. Up through 2016 BioWare was allowed to do basically whatever they wanted.
@TheinsanegamerN
BioWare has been underperforming for years. One thing that kept them alive was that SWTOR, after switching to a F2P model, was surprisingly profitable and was doing good numbers. But it wasn’t really BioWare itself who ran it and now that it’s been given to Broadsword they don’t have that to hide behind anymore.
The company itself is basically just a shell with a name at this point, virtually everyone who made old Bio what it was is either gone or dead. I absolutely wouldn’t be surprised if after Veilguard inevitably flops (and I feel it will) EA will finally put a bullet in their head. Honestly, probably deserved at this point since they have basically nothing to show for more than a decade and ME5 (or whatever it’s called) can be either cancelled or transferred to another studio.
Most likely. They've been a shambling zombie for over half a decade now. Even ME3 was very unlike bioware, a warning of things to come.
It's truly amazing that people continue to buy EA Sports games and fall for their micro-transactions, despite the games being hot garbage for a long long time.
Consooooomers gotta consooooom. IME, these kinds of people have just 0 agency, even when they acknowledge that the games have a horrible track record and generally suck, they will still dump cash on every entry and justify it, and look at you like some kind of alien when you suggest they just.....shouldnt. The same type of people that endlessly buy overpriced cars, houses, subscribe to every service imagineable, ece. It takes a massive impact, like losing their job and house, for them to JUST. STOP. BUYING. SLOP.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10

I've never bought any sports games but from what I hear it's pretty much the same game over and over year after year with mostly just a different roster for full price. I could see a large expansion yearly for a lot less money but what EA offers seems like a ripoff to me. It's no wonder they make a killing every year with fans like that.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/yfsd9w
Whats the hold up? W1zzard not paying you enough to attend?
I will not be in Sweden on that day.

shipping containers everywhere?
Well, of sorts.

1722454827518.png

1722454864733.png

Just don't ask how much it costs to live there, nor how it went for the company that built them.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
I've never bought any sports games but from what I hear it's pretty much the same game over and over year after year with mostly just a different roster for full price. I could see a large expansion yearly for a lot less money but what EA offers seems like a ripoff to me. It's no wonder they make a killing every year with fans like that.

When the word got around that Battlefield V had completely flopped. EA had an investors meeting to talk about the goings on and breaking down all their finances to date. One of the investors did say something like "But what about Battlefield V??" Obviously the guy knows it was a complete forest fire. But the EA Rep shut down that topic down so fast like a wrestler doing the dankest Moonsault flip off a turnbuckle ever seen in WWE. Didnt want anyone talking about it and deflected with a "Well, would you look at that. All that money we made off Fifa, like OMG..." Basically. They had made enough F.U. money off FiFa games not to even care about the millions they had lost from BF:V failing. FiFa to EA is like what CoD was to Activision.

Brushed it off like it was nothing.

Reactions: 64K
System Name Can it run Warhammer 3?
Processor 7800X3D @ 5Ghz
Motherboard Gigabyte B650 Aorus Elite AX
Cooling Enermax Liqmax III 360mm
Memory Teamgroup DDR5 CL30 6000Mhz 32GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 4090
Storage Silicon Power XS70, Corsair T700
Display(s) BenQ EX2710Q, BenQEX270M
Case NZXT H7 Flow
Audio Device(s) AudioTechnica M50xBT
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex III 850W
On Madden your description is entirely accurate. Each year it's the same game on the same dogshit engine, with the only real changes being a roster update (which can be brought in via custom roster anyway). In Madden 25 they did try to reinvent the wheel by changing the controls, and it's absolutely terrible. I only ever played the franchise mode where you could build a team over years and years, and that mode is the same as it was in Madden 18.

The real money is made on "Ultimate Team" where the player buys packs to have better players. It's entirely centered around micro transactions.