• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What are you playing?

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name White DJ in Detroit
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
It’s as good as Skyrim, the KB/M controls feel clunky is all,

Clunky is an understatement. I would have loved that game but it's like playing in mud, and that isn't just the controls. I'm pushing buttons and moving the mouse around and I hope the character I'm supposed to play eventually gets around to do what I want him to. Opening a door? Click-wait for animation, drag-wait for animation. It doesn't feel like I'm doing things, it feels like I'm controlling a puppet, a slow puppet at that. And it's a shame, I love so many things about it but whenever I play it I just get frustrated.

Is that a Japanese thing by any chance? 'cause I'm having the same feeling about NieR Automata. The lore is nice, the world building is great, but the plot jumps from one thing to the next without any connection which really puts me off. I like a steady flow in a story. I don't like it when things just happen because the story says so. I also don't like reading stuff in a game. It's supposed to be an interactive, 3D experience, anything else is just lazy. If I want to read, I'll grab a book, not a game. I really want to like the game for various reasons, but I can't fully commit to liking it for various other reasons. :(
I don't think it's a Japanese thing, but Japanese games probably focus more on story which might why you see it more with them? I don't know.

In any case, it's all a balance. If you want "broader world/story building", you sort of have to have things happen off screen to an extent. Otherwise, you're limiting progression to whatever you can see locally. It's a preference thing, but not having that limit can allow for broader world building and story telling. How well that is done will simply vary on how well the particular game does it. Some will feel more grounded, and others may need more suspension of belief. But that's certainly not something exclusive to games; it happens in books and television/movies too.

Like those other things, games are a medium that should vary their offerings; they shouldn't limit themselves to one type. I mean, we even have games that are "visual novels" now, and I've enjoyed a few. "Walking/driving simulators" are another, and so on. At the same time, even with some of these "new" genres, I'd say we're going the wrong way and some games are becoming more homogeneous, at least in the triple A space. Go back to the fifth generation of consoles and we had so much differences between genres because games were still experimenting with the new possibilities of the then-emerging third dimension. These days, it feels so many of those once unique genres, straight up to jRPGs, are seemingly becoming a hybrid of what they used to be and "action game" and I don't like it (it's not that I "don't like it" at all, but more that I don't like how it's in more and more genres as the default, as opposed to there being more variety between genres before). Flashy and action is seemingly being shoved into everything.

(None of this to say you should have to like things you don't naturally like, by the way, but just to say that I think there's room for games to be more than just action and locally shown progression, just as there's also room for games like that to exist.)

Finished Jedi Survivor, really recommend it. Very cool game overall, fun to play and explore, with a lot of random characters that I grew to like. It's a game where everyone will find something they'll like - either the combat, the story/characters, or world traversal/exploration/collectibles. Not a dull moment for +75hrs. I'm giving it 9/10 experience for random CTDs that happen even on stock settings, the game itself is 10/10 though.

STAR WARS Jedi  Survivor Screenshot 2024.07.31 - 09.23.41.94.png

STAR WARS Jedi  Survivor Screenshot 2024.07.30 - 10.42.20.97.png

STAR WARS Jedi  Survivor Screenshot 2024.07.30 - 11.25.09.34.png

Started The Callisto Protocol, the graphics are absolutely amazing, I like the melee gameplay a lot but the story has been quite average so far. I'm sure it'll pick up though.

TheCallistoProtocol-WinGDK-Shipping_2024_07_31_17_13_01_691.png
TheCallistoProtocol-WinGDK-Shipping_2024_07_31_17_20_01_112.png

TheCallistoProtocol-WinGDK-Shipping_2024_07_31_17_29_24_965.png

Last edited:
System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
Finished Jedi Survivor, really recommend it. Very cool game overall, fun to play and explore, with a lot of random characters that I grew to like. It's a game where everyone will find something they'll like - either the combat, the story/characters, or world traversal/exploration/collectibles. Not a dull moment for +75hrs. I'm giving it 9/10 experience for random CTDs that happen on stock settings, the game itself is 10/10 though.

View attachment 357078
View attachment 357079
View attachment 357080

Started The Callisto Protocol, the graphics are absolutely amazing, I like the melee gameplay a lot but the story has been quite average so far. I'm sure it'll pick up though.

View attachment 357082View attachment 357083
View attachment 357084
I'm also planning to play both of those on Gamepass while I can.:) 'I have an active ultimate pass till december 14'
I've liked Jedi Fallen Order a few years ago when I've played and finished it.
No idea when I will get to play these 2 since there are a lot of other games that I would like to play and some new relases but I will somehow find time for them..

System Name Merc v8| Project DRS
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D|5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X670 Gaming X AX|B550 AORUS ELITE
Cooling Noctua NH-D15|Arctic LFII-360
Memory 2x 16GB-6000|2x16GB-3600
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4070 Ti SUPER|RTX 3070 Ventus
Storage Solidigm P44 1TB & 2TB, Crucial MX500 2TB|2x1TB SSD
Display(s) Acer Predator XB271HU|LG 34GP950G
Case Caselabs Mercury S8|Phanteks G500A
Audio Device(s) Schiit Magni & Modi, Edifier S351DB|DT 770 PRO headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Vertex PX-850|Prime TX-750
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Epomaker F75|Logitech K400
Software W11Pro
Trying out different HUD setting in Project Cars 2
Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2024.07.31 - 21.42.20.99.png

Project CARS 2 Screenshot 2024.07.31 - 21.33.36.90.png

I like the minimalist, and just the cockpit version more.

System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard B-650E-E Strix
Cooling Arctic Cooling III 280
Memory 16x2 Fury Renegade 6000-32
Video Card(s) 4070-ti PNY
Storage 512+512+1+2+2+2+2+6+500+256+4+4+4
Display(s) VA 32" 4K@60 - OLED 27" 2K@240
Case 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Edifier 1280Ts
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000
Stasis done
Cayne started

System Name My 2nd new build
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard X670E MSI Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 ARGB
Memory G-Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 6000 CL30 32GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Air Cooled (Dead) MSi 1660 Super Ventus XS OC
Storage Samsung 870 QVO 1TB x 2, Lexar 256 GB, TeamGroup MP44L 2TB, Crucial T700 1TB
Display(s) 32" LG GN600-B
Case Montech 903 MAX AIR
Audio Device(s) Corsair void wireless/Razer Kraken
Power Supply MSI MPG AGF 850 watt gold
Mouse Glorious Model D l Pad GameSir G7 SE
Keyboard Redragon Vara K551P
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lets get my GPU working first...
Black Ops Cold War. Feels better than Warzone.

System Name KLM
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard B-650E-E Strix
Cooling Arctic Cooling III 280
Memory 16x2 Fury Renegade 6000-32
Video Card(s) 4070-ti PNY
Storage 512+512+1+2+2+2+2+6+500+256+4+4+4
Display(s) VA 32" 4K@60 - OLED 27" 2K@240
Case 4000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Edifier 1280Ts
Power Supply Shift 1000
Mouse 502 Hero
Keyboard K68
Software EMDB
Benchmark Scores 0>1000

I never play war style games, but try Trepang2 it looks lot of fun.

System Name Prometheus
Processor AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme
Cooling AIO Cooler Master MasterLiquid 360
Memory 32GB DDR5
Video Card(s) Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 OC Edition 12GB
Storage Samsung 970PRO 2TB, Samsung 990PRO 4TB, WD SN850X 2TB, Samsung 980PRO 2TB. WD GOLD HDD 8TB
Display(s) Corsair XENEON 32UHD144 32" 4K UHD gaming monitor
Case Cooler Master HAF
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE7
Power Supply Corsair AX850 Titanium.
Mouse Logitech MX Master 3
Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB
Software W10-11 Enterprise- Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon Edition.
Older game but lot's of fun...

1722468985135.png

With Doja Cat as guest star.. LOL

1722469084981.png

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs, 24TB Enterprise drives
Display(s) 55" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
Clunky is an understatement. I would have loved that game but it's like playing in mud, and that isn't just the controls. I'm pushing buttons and moving the mouse around and I hope the character I'm supposed to play eventually gets around to do what I want him to. Opening a door? Click-wait for animation, drag-wait for animation. It doesn't feel like I'm doing things, it feels like I'm controlling a puppet, a slow puppet at that. And it's a shame, I love so many things about it but whenever I play it I just get frustrated.

I don't get lag feeling except occasionally when riding a horse, its like the left and right A/D get inverted and the horse wants to turn the wrong way then finally goes the right way, but having ridden horses they occasionally do what they want.

The plethoura of buttons is what annoys me sometimes (maybe have a little tip display occasionally, like use B to open your satchel, or H to call your horse and have a few things like always get off the horse with this weapon), and how unreactive the menus are, about to get into a fight and want to drink a elixir... maybe not. Want to switch weapons, maybe you will. It also crashes randomly still, maybe 5 minutes, maybe 30, maybe hours later, watching VMEM and System memory it never runs out. Lastly, I killed a bunch of gang members and couldn't set a prisoner transport on fire...why.. I had to shoot the lock, then lasso the guy a few times for fun and then he is the witness to larceny for shooting the lock the freed him, also he was a rival gang member that was hogtied and taken to a big drop off and tossed into the river. The surprise whole wagon full of rival gang members riding up unannounced till they shoot you a few times is another annoying point, but its getting better as I learn that it takes 5 button pushes minimum to choose a gun, target and start shooting.

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
The solo mode is good, super classic gameplay, COD corridor style, but story, the last tier of the game was ... surprising !

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
I don't think it's a Japanese thing, but Japanese games probably focus more on story which might why you see it more with them? I don't know.

In any case, it's all a balance. If you want "broader world/story building", you sort of have to have things happen off screen to an extent. Otherwise, you're limiting progression to whatever you can see locally. It's a preference thing, but not having that limit can allow for broader world building and story telling. How well that is done will simply vary on how well the particular game does it. Some will feel more grounded, and others may need more suspension of belief. But that's certainly not something exclusive to games; it happens in books and television/movies too.

Like those other things, games are a medium that should vary their offerings; they shouldn't limit themselves to one type. I mean, we even have games that are "visual novels" now, and I've enjoyed a few. "Walking/driving simulators" are another, and so on. At the same time, even with some of these "new" genres, I'd say we're going the wrong way and some games are becoming more homogeneous, at least in the triple A space. Go back to the fifth generation of consoles and we had so much differences between genres because games were still experimenting with the new possibilities of the then-emerging third dimension. These days, it feels so many of those once unique genres, straight up to jRPGs, are seemingly becoming a hybrid of what they used to be and "action game" and I don't like it (it's not that I "don't like it" at all, but more that I don't like how it's in more and more genres as the default, as opposed to there being more variety between genres before). Flashy and action is seemingly being shoved into everything.

(None of this to say you should have to like things you don't naturally like, by the way, but just to say that I think there's room for games to be more than just action and locally shown progression, just as there's also room for games like that to exist.)
I don't mean things happening when you don't see them - that's not just fine, but welcome, as it really adds to the world being a living, breathing thing. :)

What I mean is that a lot of things happen without any reason or explanation. For example:
1. The basic concept: sexy android girls fighting with swords against the evil robots. Why? Who thought that this was a good idea? I mean, sure, the developers wanted to grab the attention of a (mostly) heterosexual male audience, which, being one, I completely understand, but what's the lore behind it? Why the sexy girl shape, and why swords? What sense does it make? Dunno. :confused:
2. The main antagonists, Adam and Eve. They're born when a fight with a bunch of robots gets too intense, and they form a clump to create an android-like creature, out of which another android-like creature comes when it's defeated. They both have a male appearance, so why the Adam and Eve name? Why and how do robots create ultra powerful android-like creatures? If they have such power, why don't they use it more often to defeat the androids? Dunno. :confused:
3. Why does the peaceful robot leader, Pascal have a female voice and is referred to as "he"? Dunno. :confused:
4. During the first forest mission, you're fighting a bunch of robots in an abandoned shopping mall where the last one tries to run away. When you kill it, its head opens, and a weird, grinning robot head rolls out of it. It seems friendly enough, but when your companion mentions that killing it would be a good idea, it rolls away in fear and explodes, opening the way to the forest. What's the grinning head's purpose? What does it want? Where did it come from? Why is it in the game? Dunno. :confused:
5. Goliath-class units (bosses) and the sea monster who seem to be popping out of nowhere en masse when the story wants them to, but can't be found anywhere when it doesn't. Why? Dunno. :confused:
6. The main battle with the robots during the second playthrough, when they install a virus on the androids who then turn against you until you get infected as well, which decides the outcome of the battle. If robots have such power, why haven't they used it before? Why doesn't it affect the resistance androids, only your squad mates? Dunno. :confused:

I wouldn't say really Japanese :D I think that we both understand it as this kind which could only come from Japan and is hard to digest by people not being into such meals. Just don't bother with plot and readables and focus on gameplay - I liked this game so much purely for gameplay. And rather don't bother with side missions/stuff - they are running around already known areas, so don't give new challenges what may feel repetetive. Just do story missions and this game should taste best like that. Campaign is long, so you will be full. Also read about difficulty levels, because if I recall, it was crucial here. If I remember well I played on highest one, or highest available during original launch on PS4, and whole game felt great, but boss fights were a little too hardcore. But you can always lower it and maybe devs rebalanced things later.
I usually try to complete all missions in a game, but not this one. I agree with you, they don't seem to bring anything extra to the table. A few more robots killed, a few more useless gadgets collected. Pretty meh.

As for the difficulty level, I'm taking my friend's advice, and I'm playing it with a controller, which I ultimately suck at, so I'm only willing to play on easy. :D

Last edited:

I usually try to complete all missions in a game, but not this one. I agree with you, they don't seem to bring anything extra to the table. A few more robots killed, a few more useless gadgets collected. Pretty meh.

As for the difficulty level, I'm taking my friend's advice, and I'm playing it with a controller, which I ultimately suck at, so I'm only willing to play on easy. :D

Do I understand well that you play it already? Definitely play with controller, but in terms of difficulty, if I recall it changes endurance of baggage. This feeling of everlasting tension and fear of dropping and breaking it which make you focus on every step is imo absolutely fundamental to enjoy this game. So lower difficulty, lower tension and focus leading to less enjoment, but ofc match your own likings ;) Similarly with stealth, sneaking moments. I personally felt highest difficulty great and only lowered it during some late game boss fight due to him being too bullet spongy. This shitty kind of boss fight which isn't hard, but his health is that big that you are likely to make enough mistakes to die before killing him.

And btw free yourself from competing all missions in the games etc. Whenever something you do in game isn't fun, feels more like work, stop doing that - it's opposite to what gaming is about. It's understandable FOMO, but I even noticed that devs (and games) in general got smart enough to make such content and it's rewards totally fine if skipped/missed and closer to useless than nice if completed. If I recall in Death Stranging it's gadgets kinda modifying basic rules of the game, making it easier closer to cheating, so stuff I don't like.

System Name Nebulon B
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 16 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 6750 XT 12 GB
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z333 2.1 speakers, AKG Y50 headphones
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Do I understand well that you play it already?
You mean Nier Automata? Yep - I've finished it like 3 times already, but the story just keeps on going. :laugh:

Definitely play with controller, but in terms of difficulty, if I recall it changes endurance of baggage. This feeling of everlasting tension and fear of dropping and breaking it which make you focus on every step is imo absolutely fundamental to enjoy this game. So lower difficulty, lower tension and focus leading to less enjoment, but ofc match your own likings ;)
Nah. :) Higher difficulty leads to me dying more frequently, which leads to frustration instead of enjoyment. Not a good experience. Sure, one needs a bit of challenge, especially with boss fights, but my controller skills are low enough (basically non-existent) so that easy gives me enough pounding. :D

Similarly with stealth, sneaking moments. I personally felt highest difficulty great and only lowered it during some late game boss fight due to him being too bullet spongy. This shitty kind of boss fight which isn't hard, but his health is that big that you are likely to make enough mistakes to die before killing him.
I hate sneaking in every game, and avoid it like the plague if I can.

And btw free yourself from competing all missions in the games etc. Whenever something you do in game isn't fun, feels more like work, stop doing that - it's opposite to what gaming is about. It's understandable FOMO, but I even noticed that devs (and games) in general got smart enough to make such content and it's rewards totally fine if skipped/missed and closer to useless than nice if completed. If I recall in Death Stranging it's gadgets kinda modifying basic rules of the game, making it easier closer to cheating, so stuff I don't like.
I agree. FOMO needs to be controlled, and one should only do what is fun.

System Name My 2nd new build
Processor Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard X670E MSI Tomahawk WiFi
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 ARGB
Memory G-Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 6000 CL30 32GB
Video Card(s) Sapphire 6900XT Toxic Air Cooled (Dead) MSi 1660 Super Ventus XS OC
Storage Samsung 870 QVO 1TB x 2, Lexar 256 GB, TeamGroup MP44L 2TB, Crucial T700 1TB
Display(s) 32" LG GN600-B
Case Montech 903 MAX AIR
Audio Device(s) Corsair void wireless/Razer Kraken
Power Supply MSI MPG AGF 850 watt gold
Mouse Glorious Model D l Pad GameSir G7 SE
Keyboard Redragon Vara K551P
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores Lets get my GPU working first...
Processor 7600x -- 8600k
Motherboard MSI B650 -- ASRock z370
Cooling TR PA120 -- CM212
Memory 2x16GB -- 2x8GB
Video Card(s) PNY 4080 -- Zotac 2080ti
Storage 4TB SN850x / 4TB 870evo / 2TB SN770 -- 512GB 970 / 2TB WDBlue / some HDDs
Display(s) Acer XB271HU -- Sony X950H (49)
Case Torrent Compact Steel Panel -- Define R2
Power Supply BeQuiet Darkpower13 750 -- Seasonic X750
Keyboard Epomaker TH80SE/EK21 -- Logi G710+
Software Win10 (both)
Played through RE:2R four times? and RE:3R twice now, but don't think I ever finished faster than 10 hours. It's good the grading scale doesn't go below C.

Personally find it more enjoyable to play like you 'imagine' you would in real life. Usually involves standing outside doors, trying to pysch myself up to open it. Or at the end of a hallway just listening.

You mean Nier Automata? Yep - I've finished it like 3 times already, but the story just keeps on going. :laugh:

Nah. :) Higher difficulty leads to me dying more frequently, which leads to frustration instead of enjoyment. Not a good experience. Sure, one needs a bit of challenge, especially with boss fights, but my controller skills are low enough (basically non-existent) so that easy gives me enough pounding. :D

I hate sneaking in every game, and avoid it like the plague if I can.

I agree. FOMO needs to be controlled, and one should only do what is fun.

I meant Death Stranding ofc - you wrote it below my post we were talking about DS and now I look at your quote once again and don't remember any robots, but maybe it's me playing it like five years ago or so... But useless gadgets as a reward perfectly fit :D Or at least ones I didn't like.

About difficulty liking, it's obviously subjective, but some games are just meant to be harder or easier. With DS simply give what I say a try. Especially given that I don't remember controls being however demanding. With walking in this game, so the main part, it's like you make things harder or easier yourself by walking faster, choosing harder routes or using or not some equipment. And if we talk main missions, there's not much sneaking here and it isn't hard. You only feel it's Kojima's game, so one who opposite to damn rest of the industry knows how sneaking in game should be like - just few, but thinking and watchful guards instead of more almost blind idiots tiring you with waiting every corner.

Processor Intel i5 8400
Motherboard Asus Prime H370M-Plus/CSM
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken & Noctua NF-A15 HS-PWM chromax.black.swap
Memory 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT DDR4-2400
Video Card(s) ROG-STRIX-GTX1060-O6G-GAMING
Storage 1TB 980 Pro
Display(s) Samsung UN55KU6300F
Case Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 750w
Software W11 Pro
Little else to do in Angler: Call of the Wild now but grind(s).

1060 lowest graphics setting potato quality hidden under spoiler.

1408610_20240801071619_1.jpg

I don't mean things happening when you don't see them - that's not just fine, but welcome, as it really adds to the world being a living, breathing thing. :)

What I mean is that a lot of things happen without any reason or explanation. For example:
1. The basic concept: sexy android girls fighting with swords against the evil robots. Why? Who thought that this was a good idea? I mean, sure, the developers wanted to grab the attention of a (mostly) heterosexual male audience, which, being one, I completely understand, but what's the lore behind it? Why the sexy girl shape, and why swords? What sense does it make? Dunno. :confused:
Well in that case, it's probably just like you said; for the appeal. Games are often fantasy, even if not entirely, after all.

But yeah, it sounds like you only mind the bad examples of what I said then. I read your initial statement as though any story happening beyond what you locally experience as the player is undesired. To me, I'd even go the other way and say I would often want more of it, but it absolutely has to be done well.
Played through RE:2R four times? and RE:3R twice now, but don't think I ever finished faster than 10 hours. It's good the grading scale doesn't go below C.

Personally find it more enjoyable to play like you 'imagine' you would in real life. Usually involves standing outside doors, trying to pysch myself up to open it. Or at the end of a hallway just listening.
I play through those games the same way. I think it took be around a dozen times on my first play through of Resident Evil 2 2019 and I'd have it no other way, even though that's "slow". The point of the game(s) to me is to explore and take in the setting and environment.

I did/do go back and try and take the most direct and fastest routes afterwards, so I can certainly clear it much faster now, but it's certainly not my preferred or initial way to play.

System Name His & Hers
Processor R7 5800X/ R7 7950X3D Stock
Motherboard X670E Aorus Pro X/ROG Crosshair VIII Hero
Cooling Corsair h150 elite/ Corsair h115i Platinum
Memory Trident Z5 Neo 6000/ 32 GB 3200 CL14 @3800 CL16 Team T Force Nighthawk
Video Card(s) Evga FTW 3 Ultra 3080ti/ Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090
Storage lots of SSD.
Display(s) A whole bunch OLED, VA, IPS.....
Case 011 Dynamic XL/ Phanteks Evolv X
Audio Device(s) Arctis Pro + gaming Dac/ Corsair sp 2500/ Logitech G560/Samsung Q990B
Power Supply Seasonic Ultra Prime Titanium 1000w/850w
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed/ Logitech G Pro Hero.
Keyboard Logitech - G915 LIGHTSPEED / Logitech G Pro
The Thirst Continues.......

Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (15).png

Still enjoying the plot.... :laugh:

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
The Thirst Continues.......

View attachment 357185
View attachment 357186

Still enjoying the plot.... :laugh:
Sadly I've had to sacrifice that game, I simply don't have the time to invest into another free2play grind game while I'm already playing 2.. 'Nikke and Wuthering Waves'
I've already noticed that I did not play a single game from my backlog or anything on Gamepass in the past ~2 months and that is starting to bother me a lot.

Sure if this was the only game I would be interested in playing then ye I wouldn't mind the time invested but as it stands I just can't or more like shouldn't do that. 'I've did that with a previous Nexon game in the past, that took 7 years from me and I've missed out on a LOT of games meanwhile'