• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

i5 10200-H Freezing so randomly

My computer freezes so randomly, sometimes while surfing on web sometimes while gaming. I didnt notice it freezing while not using throttlestop thats why i open the post to here. I am not sure it is about throttlestop or not. I am using the same settings for 1.5+ years. But my laptop started to random freezing (sometimes bsod) for last 2 months. I did changing drivers, format for 4-5 times still same. I dont know what i need to do. I cant share minidumps because website doesnt suppport .dmp files. But here is the memtest results

Attachments

• IMG_3152.jpg
    IMG_3152.jpg
    690.5 KB · Views: 8
System Name CyberPowerPC ET8070
Processor Intel Core i5-10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC-Y1
Memory 2 x Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
Storage Boot: Intel OPTANE SSD P1600X Series 118GB M.2 PCIE
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply EVGA 500W1
Software Windows 11 Home
Did you try with all over/under clocking off?

System Name CyberPowerPC ET8070
Processor Intel Core i5-10400F
Motherboard Gigabyte B460M DS3H AC-Y1
Memory 2 x Crucial Ballistix 8GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Super
Storage Boot: Intel OPTANE SSD P1600X Series 118GB M.2 PCIE
Display(s) Dell P2416D (2560 x 1440)
Power Supply EVGA 500W1
Software Windows 11 Home
Clean the fan out?

It doesnt hit thermal throttle while using throttlestop. Its stable even with -210 mV is it normal?

And this is the video if i dont use any programs like TS and msi afterburner or set the drivers to MSI mode its like this. There is a lot of shuttering and sound cracks

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Use ThrottleStop 9.6

Do you get any freezes when using the default turbo ratios; 41, 41, 40, 40? Set the Intel GPU and iGPU Unslice undervolt and the System Agent to 0.0000 when testing. Try using a smaller undervolt for the core and the cache. -100 mV is stable for most similar CPUs.

Crashes when a CPU is lightly loaded can be caused by the CPU not getting enough voltage when it enters one of the low power C states. The C states might work OK when a CPU is new but after a few years, there can be problems with the CPU needing a little more voltage. Have you tried disabling the C states? Here is how.

Open the C States window, push the >> button to open the window entirely. Check the C States - AC box, select the Off radio button and push the Apply button. This will disable the C states in whatever Windows power plan you are presently using. If you wish to disable the C states in a different Windows power plan, you have to do this same procedure for each one.

Do the opposite if this does not fix your problem and you want to enable the C states again. Check the C States - AC box, select the On radio button and press the Apply button. The C States monitoring table should show if your C states are enabled or not.

Disabling the C states has helped some people with the problem you have. This can also reduce latency which should improve gaming smoothness.

If your CPU is reaching 95°C when power consumption is only 35W, replace the thermal paste with Honeywell PTM 7950.

Turn on the ThrottleStop Log File option before playing a game. Attach a log file so I can see how your computer is running.

Hey uncleweb thanks for the reply. My cpu is getting throttling due to heat if u run it with 4100Mhz so i am using it around 3200-3600 Mhz and i ordered honeywell PTM 7950 2-3 days ago. Good to hearing same advice from you. I disabled C states now and going to test it. I didnt get crash for around 2 hours with -170mV and it gives best result on 960Mb TSbench (Better than -160 and -180 or -190). I will write if get crash again.

I forgot to say iGpu inslice and system agent are at 0 like you said.

If i set to 41,41,40,40 it gives errors with -170mV but it doesnt give errors with lower Mhz. Should i test the undervolt with 4100 Mhz and when i find the value without errors should i use it or just using it at 3200Mhz and -170mV without errors?
1722723047722.png

I think i found the sweet spot. -160mV works fine with 4100Mhz and no errors even on 960M test but its throttling due to thermal problem. I will fix it with using pad soon.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
When you use a large undervolt, you might be stable at full load but this can cause instability when lightly loaded. A -160 mV offset undervolt reduces the voltage at 4000 MHz and it also reduces the voltage by the same amount when the CPU is at 800 MHz or when a CPU core enters and exits one of the C states. Hardly anyone is using an undervolt that big because it is not stable when the CPU is lightly loaded. If you still have random crashes then you need to reduce the undervolt some more.

If the C3, C6 and C7 C states are disabled and you still have crashes, you can also try disabling C1E on the main ThrottleStop screen. Is there any difference in smoothness when playing a game with the C states disabled?

Better cooling should help. Hopefully some new thermal paste will help reduce your temperatures.

Its just like this. Every C series looks off when i switch it from C10 to another one. And you are saying you can use it stable when its highly loaded like gaming, but it can be unstable while surfing on web or doing random things right? Did i understand it right?
1722725306238.png

Is there any difference in smoothness when playing a game with the C states disabled?
I didnt notice a lot of actually. But my fps is much more higher because i was using it at around 3000Mhz sometimes lower. Now it working at 3600 and getting 50-60 fps more in CS2 without shuttering while shooting or when i see enemy