• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Side effect of TS: Laptop battery improved

Brave NewWin

Yes, TS didn't just help to boost my laptop's performance to the maximum points (based on Lenovo Smart performance check) but it also helped my to recover the battery capacity:

The more I use TS in proper way, the more capacity the battery can be gained. After ~3month, battery capacity gained from around 30-31k mWh to ~36k mWh .
(Designed capacity is 41k mWh)

That happened maybe because the ex-owner rarely used the device and often left it charged to 100% and didn't use it after that.

Here's CMD> powercfg /batteryreport result for you to compare:
report after 3months using ThrottleStop.png

Thank you UncleWebb and TS team

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
I cannot think of anything that ThrottleStop does that would increase the battery life of a device. It looks like magic.

maybe because the ex-owner rarely used the device and often left it charged to 100%
That is probably the reason.

help to boost my laptop's performance to the maximum
That is always good to hear.

Thank you UncleWebb and TS team
Team ThrottleStop only has me as its one and only member. Small team. I have no one to play pool or ping pong with in the afternoon like most programmers in the movies do.

Thank you for your feedback.

Brave NewWin

Wow it's incredible to hear that you created the whole thing, including coding and designing as well. Magic works.
I cannot think of anything that ThrottleStop does that would increase the battery life of a device. It looks like magic.
Because I used "MAX Power" profile (as mentioned at ThrottleStop for i7 10510U (Lenovo Yoga), and maybe useful for other throttled notebooks | TechPowerUp Forums) to drain my battery (in order to recalibrate it in intervals) and found that the battery capacity did improve from ~30k to ~33k and then ~36k (I did it twice within 3months)

I used that method several times before (that time TS hasn't released, the only way was stressing an old laptop by heavy works load) and found that if the battery is still good but still decreasing capacity by using in the wrong way, calibrate could help (otherwise this method is dangerous and could cause the worse situation for the old battery).

But with this little bad boy, it's hard for me to drain it without TS, due to it's default settings (that is to throttle its CPU at around 67oC). TS helped me to force it to work at ~ 4.3 - 4.6GHz that's why.

(Additional info: It reached to 10/10 points while checking with Lenovo Smart performance at "Work Station" profile, not the "MAX Power" one)

Last edited: