• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

What Windows is overall the best to you and why?

What Windows is overall the best to you and why?

• Total voters
still using windows 7 as my main pc and have 2 other windows 10 editing pc that are never connected to the internet.

windows 7 for the win. just look how stupid it is to change the date/time with w10. you cant just click the clock or date at the bottom right and set it. you have to goto to the control panel and do it. and there is no calender there. just numbers. moron designers

I only have the 2 w10 pc because I have some programs that wont work with w7. if the same happens with w11, Ill do the same. have them offline forever. not going to give ms a hand with telemetry. they can goto hell.

always an optimized windows. edit with group policy, regedit, hosts and scripts to rip out so much trash.

Am*

System Name 3D Vision & Sound Blaster
Processor Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz (stock voltage)
Motherboard Gigabyte P67A-D3-B3
Cooling Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Special Edition (with 3x 140mm Black Thermalright fans)
Memory Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB (2x8GB 1600MHz CL8)
Video Card(s) Nvidia GTX TITAN X 12288MB Maxwell @1350MHz
Storage 6TB of Samsung SSDs + 12TB of HDDs
Display(s) LG C1 48 + LG 38UC99 + Samsung S34E790C + BenQ XL2420T + PHILIPS 231C5TJKFU
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Windowed with 6x 140mm Corsair AFs
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster Z SE + Z906 5.1 speakers/DT 990 PRO
Power Supply Seasonic Focus PX 650W 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G700s
Keyboard CHERRY MX-Board 1.0 Backlit Silent Red Keyboard
Software Windows 7 Pro (RIP) + Winbloat 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2fast4u,bro...
1. Windows 7
2. Windows 2000 Professional
3. Windows XP SP3

Nothing else matters and every OS after 7 could've easily added any or all of their features to Windows 7 via a service pack...in fact, Windows 7 itself was pretty much Vista SP3 with TRIM support, but it had the stability out of the box that Vista didn't have for years. Windows 7 never messed with any of my settings or broke anything with unfinished updates, never added bloatware/spyware to my PC like Winbloat 10 and 11 does and nothing since then will ever come close because it was the last OS that still had Microsoft have a QA department to test both updates and drivers before rolling them out (instead of using their users as guinea pigs like 10 and 11 does). My Windows 7 key has also by far been the best money I've ever spent on an OS too, since I've re-used the same key to upgrade to Windows 10 and now 11 also.

ARF

Now I remember that someone told me with a recommendation to use Windows 2000 instead of 98 on a Pentium 233 MHz MMX (or Pentium II 450 MHz, can't remember which one :confused: ), the thing is that it wasn't stable either, so BSOD had very regular appearances...

System Name Core i9 rig / Lenovo laptop
Processor Core i9 10900X / Core i5 8350U
Motherboard Asus Prime X299 Edition 30 / Lenovo motherboard
Cooling Corsair H115i PRO RGB / stock cooler
Memory Gskill 4x8GB 3600mhz / 16GB 2400mhz
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix RTX 2080 Super / UHD 620
Storage Samsung SSD 970 PRO 1TB / Samsung OEM 256GB NVMe
Display(s) Dell UltraSharp UP3017 / Full HD IPS touch
Case Coolermaster mastercase H500M
Audio Device(s) Onboard sound
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 1700 watt / Lenovo 65watt power adapter
Mouse Logitech M500s
Keyboard Cherry
Software Windows 11 Pro / Windows 11 Pro
I voted for Win 11. If I go retro I'd say Windows 2000. Bought Windows 2000 in 2000 and it was a great system. Was more stable than 98.

Last edited:
System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
When I first saw this thread yesterday, I knew then it would almost immediately turn into a goat-rope, clusterf^¢k, click-bait, opinionated mess. I was right.

The poll is flawed from the start because (1) it relies totally on one's personal opinions and preferences and (2) because of one tiny word, "is".

The function of an operating system is to,
(1) Facilitate efficient communications between the various hardware components, I/Os (e.g., networks) and the user, and first and foremost, do so securely,​
(2) Efficiently manage system resources (RAM, disk space, CPU cycles, etc.),​
and (3) provide a platform to execute and run the user's desired tasks and applications.​

Those are not subjective functions. They are objective based on verifiable facts, not opinions.

Thanks to the bad guys :mad: and the failure of the anti-malware industry :mad::shadedshu::mad: to stop them, and thanks to our elected leaders for failing to provide law enforcement needed resources - including better laws with teeth :mad::shadedshu::mad::shadedshu::mad:, security "is" the top priority of any OS (where the computer has access to the internet) - even if that compromises performance.

Fact: Windows 11 is most secure OS to date.
Fact: With a few generally insignificant exceptions either way, W10 and W11 are equally capable of managing resources efficiently
Fact: Almost all operating systems effectively provide a solid platform to execute and run the user's desired tasks and apps equally.

Winner: Windows 11. Why? Because it "is" the most secure OS.

My personal preferred OS: Windows 11 modified with ExplorerPatcher and Start 11 to bring back to W11 the traditional W7 2-line taskbar, start menu, Quick Launch toolbar (a must IMO), 3-line clock and the W10 desktop/UI. :D

Unironically, I'd say the Windows I had the LEAST issues with was 8.1. It worked way better than 7 on weaker hardware and fixed many shortcomings 8 had.
Unironically? Didn't even know that was a word :oops: - had to look it up - it is. :)

Anyway, truth be told, under the hood, W8 (and then 8.1) was actually a great OS (see functions above). But...
8 tried and failed to reinvent what Windows should be due to MS misreading the market
Misread is too kind and an enormous understatement.

What happened was Microsoft wanted desperately to get a decent foothold in the cell phone market with their Microsoft Phones. They just assumed they could force the new, totally different W8 "Metro UI" desktop on us Windows computer users and we all would just happily give up our W7 desktops, accept Metro UI with open arms and ecstatic glee!

And from there, Microsoft marketing weenies just assumed next time we went shopping for a new cell phone, we would see and automatically want (and buy) a Windows Phone with its "Metro UI".

So I don't think the MS marketing weenies misread the market. I think they just didn't care. They just assumed, as they did so often in the past, we would just accept anything they shoved down our throats without question. And the greedy MS execs, seeing the fictional dollar signs being thrown at them by the marketing weenies, readily swallowed the whole marketing campaign hook, line and sinker - apparently without ever taking a single user survey to see how well that new Metro UI would be received.

So not "misread". It was totally ill-conceived and misguided by the marketing weenies and poorly managed by the C-level execs. JMHO

I like Microsoft and will robustly defend them when unjustly accused (as so often happens). But I will just as robustly and aggressively criticize when due - especially when their [anti-consumer] blunder is self-induced, and could have so easily be prevented. And for sure 8.x was a doozy and deserving such criticism from which they, IMO, never fully recovered. In fact, had the W8 fiasco never occurred, I feel certain they never would have needed to give W10 away for free.

ARF

Lie: Windows 11 is most secure OS to date.

I fixed it there for you. Windows 11 is one of the least secure windows releases ever, because it is open with back doors and can be a flood gate for all types of security issues - spying, collecting illegally user information, using the user camera in real time to watch (for example, women), etc, etc nasty things / remote control by the black agents.
That's why people started to put black papers on the camera sensors, because they know they are being watched and spied..

System Name System V
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus Prime X570-P
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212 // a bunch of 120 mm Xigmatek 1500 RPM fans (2 ins, 3 outs)
Memory 2x8GB Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz (BLS8G4D32AESCK.M8FE) (CL16-18-18-36)
Video Card(s) Gigabyte AORUS Radeon RX 580 8 GB
Storage SHFS37A240G / DT01ACA200 / WD20EZRX / ST10000VN0008 / SA400S37960G / SNV21000G / NM620 2TB
Display(s) LG 22MP55 IPS Display
Case NZXT Source 210
Audio Device(s) Logitech G430 Headset
Power Supply Corsair CX650M
Software Whatever build of Windows 11 is being served in Canary channel at the time.
Benchmark Scores Corona 1.3: 3120620 r/s Cinebench R20: 3355 FireStrike: 12490 TimeSpy: 4624
If I had to pick one... I think Windows 7 was the best OS Microsoft ever made for its time. Most of the Windows UX niceties are already there (either by being brought in from older versions of Windows or being introduced by Windows 7), memory consumption was still somewhat low, for privacy-interested folks the system telemetry was fairly minimal still... All in all, Microsoft's most successful OS IMO, outside of maybe Windows XP.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity2, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1) + JONSBO NF-1
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB & 4TB 980 PRO, 2TB 970 EVO Plus, 2 x Optane 905p 1.5TB (striped), AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
When I first saw this thread yesterday, I knew then it would almost immediately turn into a goat-rope, clusterf^¢k, click-bait, opinionated mess. I was right.

The poll is flawed from the start because (1) it relies totally on one's personal opinions and preferences and (2) because of one tiny word, "is".

The function of an operating system is to,
(1) Facilitate efficient communications between the various hardware components, I/Os (e.g., networks) and the user, and first and foremost, do so securely,​
(2) Efficiently manage system resources (RAM, disk space, CPU cycles, etc.),​
and (3) provide a platform to execute and run the user's desired tasks and applications.​

Those are not subjective functions. They are objective based on verifiable facts, not opinions.

Thanks to the bad guys :mad: and the failure of the anti-malware industry :mad::shadedshu::mad: to stop them, and thanks to our elected leaders for failing to provide law enforcement needed resources - including better laws with teeth :mad::shadedshu::mad::shadedshu::mad:, security "is" the top priority of any OS (where the computer has access to the internet) - even if that compromises performance.

Fact: Windows 11 is most secure OS to date.
Fact: With a few generally insignificant exceptions either way, W10 and W11 are equally capable of managing resources efficiently
Fact: Almost all operating systems effectively provide a solid platform to execute and run the user's desired tasks and apps equally.

My personal preferred OS: Windows 11 modified with ExplorerPatcher and Start 11 to bring back to W11 the traditional W7 2-line taskbar, start menu, Quick Launch toolbar (a must IMO), 3-line clock and the W10 desktop/UI. :D

Unironically? Didn't even know that was a word :oops: - had to look it up - it is. :)

Anyway, truth be told, under the hood, W8 (and then 8.1) was actually a great OS (see functions above). But...

Misread is too kind and an enormous understatement.

What happened was Microsoft wanted desperately to get a decent foothold in the cell phone market with their Microsoft Phones. They just assumed they could force the new, totally different W8 "Metro UI" desktop on us Windows computer users and we all would just happily give up our W7 desktops, accept Metro UI with open arms and ecstatic glee!

And from there, Microsoft marketing weenies just assumed next time we went shopping for a new cell phone, we would see and automatically want (and buy) a Windows Phone with its "Metro UI".

So I don't think the MS marketing weenies misread the market. I think they just didn't care. They just assumed, as they did so often in the past, we would just accept anything they shoved down our throats without question. And the greedy MS execs, seeing the fictional dollar signs being thrown at them by the marketing weenies, readily swallowed the whole marketing campaign hook, line and sinker - apparently without ever taking a single user survey to see how well that new Metro UI would be received.

So not "misread". It was totally ill-conceived and misguided by the marketing weenies and poorly managed by the C-level execs. JMHO

I like Microsoft and will robustly defend them when unjustly accused (as so often happens). But I will just as robustly and aggressively criticize when due - especially when their [anti-consumer] blunder is self-induced, and could have so easily be prevented. And for sure 8.x was a doozy and deserving such criticism from which they, IMO, never fully recovered. In fact, had the W8 fiasco never occurred, I feel certain they never would have needed to give W10 away for free.
Wait what? Linux isn't the most secure OS anymore?

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
I fixed it there for you.
:mad: It is not your place to impose your opinions on others, especially by "fixing" or altering what others have posted! And particularly when you are so wrong.

:mad: And it is wrong for you to ask people to respond to your poll, then impose your opposite opinion on them when you don't agree.

Make no mistake, YOU, ARF, are the reason this poll is a...
... flawed...
goat-rope, clusterf^¢k, click-bait, opinionated mess.

I posted a search link to multiple sources showing how W11 is more secure. You posted, among falsehoods, the following nonsense,

collecting illegally user information,
This proves your ignorance. You do not know or understand the difference between privacy and security. Microsoft is NOT collecting or even trying to collect our real names, Social Security or insurance numbers, street addresses, billing information, passwords, contacts, and other personally identifiable user information. Microsoft is NOT trying to infect our systems with malware. Instead, Microsoft through W11 is doing a great job of protecting that information from bad guys.

If you understood anything about "security", you would realize that.

Facebook, Google, TikTok and others like them are the ones to worry about, not Microsoft. And for sure our ISPs and cell phone carriers are even worse as they already know our real names and billing information - not to mention everything we do while using our computers and phones. Even worse, our cell phone carriers know where we are standing within a few feet to include the aisle of the store we are in, where we have been, the direction we are heading and how fast we are moving.

Microsoft is the least of our worries, which you would know, ARF, if you knew anything about security.

Wait what? Linux isn't the most secure OS anymore?
LOL My bad. I should have specified "Windows". That said, Linux is not as immune and some seem to think. In fact, Linux on corporate networks is often targeted these days because of vulnerabilities there, and how lucrative the "bounties" can be for the bad guys - but that's a different discussion.

I vote this thread immediately be locked because it is clear the OP created it, not to increase learning and understanding, but to impose his own opinion on others. :(

System Name Regular PC | Server HP Z440
Processor 9700k | E5-2698v3
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X-CF | Stock mobo
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B | Stock HS
Memory 32 GB (8x4) | 112 GB (8x2 + 16x6)
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super | K4000
Storage 970 EVO+ 1TB | 860 1TB x2
Display(s) XV340CK x2, 1080p x2
Power Supply Corsair RM750x | Corsair RM750e
Software Pop!_OS | Proxmox
This proves your ignorance. You do not know or understand the difference between privacy and security. Microsoft is NOT collecting or even trying to collect our real names, Social Security or insurance numbers, street addresses, billing information, passwords, contacts, and other personally identifiable user information. Microsoft is NOT trying to infect our systems with malware. Instead, Microsoft through W11 is doing a great job of protecting that information from bad guys.

While I have worked on similar projects, Microsoft opened the floodgates for undetectable native screenshotting methods en masse. Combining some easy (and not linked for obvious reasons) networking or networking supporting code and now you have malware that won't get flagged/quarantined since cospylot is a built in Windows feature.

MS has made w11 the least secure OS.

Processor AMD 5900x
Motherboard Asus x570 Strix-E
Cooling Hardware Labs
Memory G.Skill 4000c17 2x16gb
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Audio Device(s) Fiio K5 Pro
Power Supply EVGA 1000 P2
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
While I have worked on similar projects, Microsoft opened the floodgates for undetectable native screenshotting methods en masse.
En masse what? You're making it sound as if hijacking your browser with known/unknown exploits or spurious emails wasn't a thing before this? Then there's cracked software/games which are a hub for possible rootkits/malware & what not!

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
MS has made w11 the least secure OS.
Yeap, whomever thinks otherwise is high AF. Recall... smh.
Yeah, more total ignorance being displayed here.

And I say again, privacy and security, when it comes to the data on our computers, are not the same thing. Whoever thinks otherwise is simply ignorant of the facts - high or not.

Recall has not even been released!!!!!!!!!!!! It is NOT part of W11 now and will not be unless there is specific hardware installed that supports the Copilot+ umbrella (source).

Recall can easily be disabled.

Recall will not be enabled by default.

Recall will not store data in the cloud.

From that cybernews article, there is no evidence any malware set to exploit Recall data exists.

Recall requires Copilot+ branded PCs. And users can easily disable Copilot.

So thanks to kilo and thesmokinggun for perpetuating FUD and fearmongering and the nonsense this flawed, click-bait poll instigated.

System Name Naboo (2019)
Processor AMD 3800x
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Master V1 (X470)
Cooling individual EKWB/Heatkiller loop
Memory 4*8 GB 3600 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 5700XT
Storage SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0x4, 2 TB PCIe 3.0
Display(s) 2*WQHD
Case Lian Li O11 Rog
Audio Device(s) Hifiman, Topping DAC/KHV
Power Supply Seasonic 850W Gold
Mouse Logitech MX2, Logitech MX Ergo Trackball
Keyboard Cherry Stream Wireless, Logitech MX Keys
Software Linux Mint "Vera" Cinnamon
There is no real great Windows at al. Windows has all the time being a conglomerate of copying others from the start on. First IBM and then all the other OS'ses in addition. The best windows in my eyes has beet Windows NT 4. The complete definition of how an application has tolook alike and how it has to act was copied by IBM's OS/2 2.0. A lot was generally staandardized. I.e. a menu item "exit" handled across all applicaations the same. The whole API was more logical as it was copied from IBM. To e honest. It was the low end version of OS/2. Nowadays Windows is a piece of crap. A lot of things developed in #Net. Why using a compiler if the code is interpreted after? Really silly.

System Name Not a thread ripper but pretty good.
Processor Ryzen 9 5950x
Motherboard ASRock X570 Taichi (revision 1.06, BIOS/UEFI version P5.50)
Cooling EK-Quantum Velocity2, EK-Quantum Reflection PC-O11, D5 PWM, EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX360
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 ECC Unbuffered Memory (4 sticks, 128GB, 18ASF4G72AZ-3G2F1) + JONSBO NF-1
Video Card(s) XFX Radeon RX 5700 & EK-Quantum Vector Radeon RX 5700 +XT & Backplate
Storage Samsung 2TB & 4TB 980 PRO, 2TB 970 EVO Plus, 2 x Optane 905p 1.5TB (striped), AMD Radeon RAMDisk
Display(s) 2 x 4K LG 27UL600-W (and HUANUO Dual Monitor Mount)
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic Black (original model)
Power Supply Corsair RM750x
Mouse Logitech M575
Keyboard Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2
Software Windows 10 Professional (64bit)
Benchmark Scores Typical for non-overclocked CPU.
There is no real great Windows at al. Windows has all the time being a conglomerate of copying others from the start on. First IBM and then all the other OS'ses in addition. The best windows in my eyes has beet Windows NT 4. The complete definition of how an application has tolook alike and how it has to act was copied by IBM's OS/2 2.0. A lot was generally staandardized. I.e. a menu item "exit" handled across all applicaations the same. The whole API was more logical as it was copied from IBM. To e honest. It was the low end version of OS/2. Nowadays Windows is a piece of crap. A lot of things developed in #Net. Why using a compiler if the code is interpreted after? Really silly.
Compiler takes code as text and compiles to some byte code to be run by VM or the CPU doesn't it?

Mouse Logitech M190
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
There is no real great Windows at al. Windows has all the time being a conglomerate of copying others from the start on.
Sentence 1 has nothing to do with sentence 2.
First IBM
And that is just wrong. :( OS/2 was a joint venture between IBM and Microsoft - which you could have easily verified in seconds if not so eager to pile on the Microsoft bashing.

As for copying - that has been going back and forth - as in both ways - between the various developers since the beginning of time. So to suggest MS is the only guilty party is just, once again, is just perpetuating the FUD and fearmongering and the nonsense this flawed, click-bait poll instigated.

This thread needs to be closed as the replies given have simply turned it into yet another Microsoft/Windows bashing session and have had nothing to do with the topic.

System Name Regular PC | Server HP Z440
Processor 9700k | E5-2698v3
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X-CF | Stock mobo
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 rev. B | Stock HS
Memory 32 GB (8x4) | 112 GB (8x2 + 16x6)
Video Card(s) RTX 2070 Super | K4000
Storage 970 EVO+ 1TB | 860 1TB x2
Display(s) XV340CK x2, 1080p x2
Power Supply Corsair RM750x | Corsair RM750e
Software Pop!_OS | Proxmox
Yeah, more total ignorance being displayed here.

And I say again, privacy and security, when it comes to the data on our computers, are not the same thing. Whoever thinks otherwise is simply ignorant of the facts - high or not.

Recall has not even been released!!!!!!!!!!!! It is NOT part of W11 now and will not be unless there is specific hardware installed that supports the Copilot+ umbrella (source).

Recall can easily be disabled.

From that cybernews article, there is no evidence any malware set to exploit Recall data exists.

Recall requires Copilot+ branded PCs. And users can easily disable Copilot.

So thanks to kilo and thesmokinggun for perpetuating FUD and fearmongering and the nonsense this flawed, click-bait poll instigated.
My friend, we have a disagreement, but what I am saying is not FUD.

Recall can be disabled.
Yes. But as I mentioned, enabling a windows feature doesn't trigger AV. We all know there are priv escalation exploits in the wild. That combined with the ability of recall to be re-enabled by a malicious actor is, itself, a huge problem.

Literally every w10 to w11 update I have seem re-enables setting I previously had disabled. While we have no current proof copilot or Recall are re-enabled, the track record is a decade old for this. So yes, I suppose this is could qualify as "F" in "FUD," as long as you are not checking your settings every update.

This was never a concern that MS or cloud providers collected the data. Collecting data on the local machine is a deal breaker. Exporting data in plaintext from the user profile is easily done, even if "protected" by TI or System accounts.

There is no evidence malware exists to exploit Copilot or recall.
I don't know why you say this, I just gave you code to extract the data. The data is stored in plain text. The only protection is DAR and file permissions. Perhaps due to being designed by MS, definitionally, you disagree that Copilot+ recall isn't malware? But it is *ware that cannot be removed and will ship with 24h2 on release. Others have stated security is fundamental to being the best OS; one day 23h2 will be unsupported leaving only 24h2 and future with unremovable [mal]ware that's easily exploitable.

I also disagree with ypur distinction between privacy vs security. Security only exists to protect ... wait for it ... privacy. Whether you are using scientific software or using email and browsers for chicken recipes, you want "your data" protected, this is privacy.

Edit: some typos

Last edited:
Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
It's insane no one has asked themselves why they be giving away 11? Nothing is free yall, they be giving 11 away like candy for a reason and it ain't for your benefit.

SL2

For the first time in a couple of decades I'm not interested in finding out what the latest Windows is like, I've spent too much time in the past doing that.

*So thanks to kilo and thesmokinggun for perpetuating FUD and fearmongering and the nonsense this flawed, click-bait poll instigated.
So your links are good, and kilos and thesmokingMANs links are bad? :shadedshu: Did you even bother to look at them, or they just don't fit your narrative?

Let's see if you can answer that in less than 100 lines.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
Eleven isn't really free. Unless you're using k** for activation or other similar methods.
Yea it is, I've got it activated on a handful of machines which I paid ZERO for without pirating. On the other hand it is not free cuz you're paying for it by them tracking every step. After getting it activated, I swapped back to 10 lol.

System Name natr0n-PC
Processor Ryzen 5950x-5600x | 9600k
Motherboard B450 AORUS M | Z390 UD
Cooling EK AIO 360 - 6 fan action | AIO
Memory Patriot - Viper Steel DDR4 (B-Die)(4x8GB) | Samsung DDR4 (4x8GB)
Video Card(s) EVGA 3070ti FTW
Storage Various
Display(s) Pixio PX279 Prime
Case Thermaltake Level 20 VT | Black bench
Audio Device(s) LOXJIE D10 + Kinter Amp + 6 Bookshelf Speakers Sony+JVC+Sony
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 80+ Gold 650W | EVGA 700 Gold
Software XP/7/8.1/10
Benchmark Scores http://valid.x86.fr/79kuh6
Games run far better on 8/8.1 if supported. Far better performance from the hybrid design of the OS.
I'm using it now still.

I don't need negative input.

Processor AMD 5900x
Cooling Hardware Labs
Video Card(s) RTX 3090
Storage Sabrent
Display(s) Samsung G9
Case Phanteks 719
Mouse Logitech G600
Keyboard Corsair K95
It's basically free if you're already on a prior windows. Though they've kind of drawn back on that program in the last year.

What's annoying as hell is how windows update tricks ppl into upgrading to 11 for free. This works on non-tech ppl. I found my daughters pc, mothers pc, and others all upped to 11 for free because ppl didn't know wtf they were clicking.

Reactions: SL2