• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I can't Undervolt with ThrottleStop or from bios

AlienM18User

Hello, I have an Alienware M18R1 with the i9 13980HX CPU I was able to Undervolt normally for months however after a bios update Undervolting was blocked, but recently a user in reddit made a post that it's possible to Undervolt with the new Bios (1.17.0) and he shared the screen shots and that appear to work however it didn't in my case,
I use smokeless-UMAF to access the intel bios and I can deactivate the Undervolting protection but if I change any values in the bios it doesn't change nothing in windows I tried with -50 but nothing show up in windows no registered Undervolt and when a i do around -100 or -150 it doesn't boot at all in the first place keep on restarting , in ThrottleStop the values stay at 0 whatever I change nothing works.
-core isolation is off.
-I have windows home 11.
-AWCC installed but no Dell support tried without them nothing changes.
I'm lost here any help will be appreciated.
Peace out.

AlienM18User

Here it is, thanks for the response.

Screenshot 2024-08-17 190725.png

System Name RemixedBeast-NX
Processor Intel Xeon E5-2690 @ 2.9Ghz (8C/16T)
Motherboard Dell Inc. 08HPGT (CPU 1)
Cooling Dell Standard
Memory 24GB ECC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte Nvidia RTX2060 6GB
Storage 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD//2TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Samsung SyncMaster P2350 23in @ 1920x1080 + Dell E2013H 20 in @1600x900
Case Dell Precision T3600 Chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 // Fiio E7 Amp/DAC
Power Supply 630w Dell T3600 PSU
Mouse Logitech G700s/G502
Keyboard Logitech K740
Software Linux Mint 20
Benchmark Scores Network: APs: Cisco Meraki MR32, Ubiquiti Unifi AP-AC-LR and Lite Router/Sw:Meraki MX64 MS220-8P
Hello, I have an Alienware M18R1 with the i9 13980HX CPU I was able to Undervolt normally for months however after a bios update Undervolting was blocked, but recently a user in reddit made a post that it's possible to Undervolt with the new Bios (1.17.0) and he shared the screen shots and that appear to work however it didn't in my case,
I use smokeless-UMAF to access the intel bios and I can deactivate the Undervolting protection but if I change any values in the bios it doesn't change nothing in windows I tried with -50 but nothing show up in windows no registered Undervolt and when a i do around -100 or -150 it doesn't boot at all in the first place keep on restarting , in ThrottleStop the values stay at 0 whatever I change nothing works.
-core isolation is off.
-I have windows home 11.
-AWCC installed but no Dell support tried without them nothing changes.
I'm lost here any help will be appreciated.
Peace out.
they all blocked it cuz the plundervolt security vulnerability thing... it sucks.. a ton of OEMs blocked undervolting and it sucks..

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Did you disable VBS including core isolation memory integrity? Run msinfo and check if virtualization is enabled.

If VBS is disabled, reboot and delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file. It shows that something is not OK.

AlienM18User

Did you disable VBS including core isolation memory integrity? Run msinfo and check if virtualization is enabled.

If VBS is disabled, reboot and delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file. It shows that something is not OK.
Thank you Thank you Thank you very much you are a gem true to your name you are the @unclewebb this problem was bugging me for over 4 months or so I posted God knows how many posts on reddit and Dell forums and no one could help, but you did I don't know how I forgot to post here.
Core isolation was off however when I checked in the System info the VBS was running for some reason so I found a way to disable it and Everything is fine now ThrottleStop works it did crush and restart my laptop, but I will delete the INI now and remove the AWCC and enjoy my time undervolting all over again. THANK YOU