• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Razer Introduces New Kraken V4 and Kraken V4 X Gaming Headsets

GFreeman

News Editor
Staff member
Razer, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announces the Razer Kraken V4 and the Razer Kraken V4 X gaming headsets. Building on a legacy spanning over 12 years since the first Razer Kraken headset, and celebrating over 20 million units shipped worldwide, these headsets are the latest evolution in Razer's renowned Kraken lineup. Known for redefining immersive gaming audio, the Kraken V4 line offers innovative features, stunning lighting effects, and versatile connectivity options, providing gamers with the ultimate immersive gaming experience.

3 Modes of Connectivity for Seamless Versatility
The Razer Kraken V4 supports Razer HyperSpeed Wireless, Bluetooth, and USB connections, delivering seamless audio across devices including PC, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch, Steam Deck, and mobile. This versatility ensures full immersion with ultra-fast 2.4 GHz wireless, Bluetooth, or a wired USB connection for uninterrupted gameplay.

Retractable Razer HyperClear Super Wideband Microphone - Pro-Level Voice Quality
Featuring technology derived from our award-winning Razer BlackShark V2 Pro, the retractable HyperClear Super Wideband Mic captures incredible voice detail. Covering a wider frequency range, this next-gen mic ensures high-definition, pro-level voice quality for clear and natural communication, while staying fully flushed with the earcups when retracted for a sleek, non-obtrusive look.

Razer TriForce Titanium 40 mm Drivers
Equipped with Razer's patented TriForce Titanium 40 mm Drivers, the Kraken V4 pushes out exceptional highs, mids, and lows that do not muddy, providing a rich listening experience for deeper immersion. The 3-part driver design delivers powerful, dynamic audio that enhances every gaming moment.

THX Spatial Audio - Immersive Positional Sound
With THX Spatial Audio, the Kraken V4 offers advanced 7.1 surround sound, delivering realistic positional audio that optimizes game sound design. Additionally, with an expanded soundstage and custom-tuned THX Game Profiles for over 60 popular titles, gamers can dive right into the action with tailored auditory settings that bring every detail to life.

Game/Chat Balance for Perfect Audio Control
The Kraken V4 features an on-earcup game/chat balance button that not only allows for quick adjustments on the fly but also offers precise control over the volume mix between in-game audio and voice communications. This ensures that players can easily manage and balance the loudness levels between game sounds and chat to avoid overwhelming audio during any critical gaming moments.

Stunning 9-Zone Earcup Lighting
The Kraken V4 is the first Razer gaming headset ever to offer 9-zone earcup lighting powered by Razer Chroma RGB. With access to 16.8 million colors, this allows for gorgeous new lighting effects including the "Wheel", "Starlight" and "Fire" presets that were previously not achievable with single-zone lighting. Users can customize each individual lighting zone via Chroma Studio, apply their preferred settings, and watch the lighting work seamlessly with over 300 games and 500 devices across more than 50 partners.

Introducing the Razer Kraken V4 X
Complementing the wireless Kraken V4 is the Razer Kraken V4 X, a wired RGB gaming headset that offers lasting comfort and similar immersive audio features.

The Kraken V4 X features Razer TriForce 40 mm Drivers for powerful, lifelike audio, and a retractable Razer HyperClear Cardioid Mic for enhanced voice capture. With advanced 7.1 surround sound, the Kraken V4 X offers true-to-life acoustics, optimizing game sound design. Hybrid fabric and leatherette memory foam cushions provide superior comfort and noise isolation, allowing gamers to enjoy hours of uninterrupted gameplay. The headset's convertible Type C & Type A cable ensures multi-platform versatility, and it is powered by Razer Chroma RGB for greater visual customization.

PRICE & AVAILABILITY
Razer Kraken V4
  • £179.99 GBP / $179.99 USD / €199.99 MSRP
  • Razer.com, RazerStores, & Authorized Resellers - Available Now, 20 August 2024

Razer Kraken V4 X
  • £79.99 GBP / $79.99 USD / €89.99 MSRP
  • Available Q3 2024

View at TechPowerUp Main Site | Source

Last time I tried wireless headset for gaming I returned it because I kept noticeing the latency between video and audio. Even if it's like 100ms it was still bothering me. Hopefully wireless has come a long way I'd like to retry it eventually.

System Name Desktop
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI X670E MEG ACE
Cooling Corsair XC7 Block / Corsair XG7 Block EK 360PE Radiator EK 120XE Radiator 8x EK Vadar Furious Fans
Memory 64GB TeamGroup T-Create Expert DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio
Storage 1TB WD Black SN850 / 4TB Inland Premium / 8TB WD Black HDD
Display(s) Alienware AW3821DW / ASUS TUF VG279QM
Case Lian-Li Dynamic 011 XL ROG
Audio Device(s) Razer Nommo Pro Speakers / Creative AE-9 w/ Audio-Technica ATH-R70X
Power Supply EVGA P2 1200W Platinum
Mouse Razer Viper, Logitech G600
Keyboard Razer Huntsman Elite
I enjoy Razer's stuff, but the Kraken line of audio products just have always been a miss for me. They are overpriced and feel very cheaply made.

System Name Full Aorus PC that upgrades forever
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus X370 Gaming 5
Cooling Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L V2
Memory 32 GB 3200mhz CL16 Silicon Power (2 x 16gb)
Video Card(s) Aorus 5700 XT
Storage 2x Samsung 970 evo plus 500gb (One is on an expansion card)
Display(s) XG2431 (Luv ya Viewsonic for this great monitor)
Case Cooler Master MB TG520
Audio Device(s) HyperX Cloud Alpha
Power Supply AP850GM (Aorus 850 Watt)
Mouse Razer Viper Ultimate
Keyboard Redragon K614
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores 4.7GHZ on the CPU at 1.3 Volts, Step it up PBO!
I enjoy Razer's stuff, but the Kraken line of audio products just have always been a miss for me. They are overpriced and feel very cheaply made.
Not to mention how much they overdo on the bass...