• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Making Audio Enhancers Work on Windows

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
welp this is my final update in this thred to anyone who has read my past comments discard theme iv found hdmi to be better in everythang than optical from sterio content to multichannel content everythang sounds natural and as it was intended to sound without these dumb enhancers that do work but cause alot of artifacting you wouldnt find anywhare elts please look twords gettings a soundbar or avr with hdmi in and out so u dont even have to worry about earc u can just use hdmi passthrough and use dtsx sound unbound and dolby accsess for the best results youll ever find

welp this is my final update in this thred to anyone who has read my past comments discard theme iv found hdmi to be better in everythang than optical from sterio content to multichannel content everythang sounds natural and as it was intended to sound without these dumb enhancers that do work but cause alot of artifacting you wouldnt find anywhare elts please look twords gettings a soundbar or avr with hdmi in and out so u dont even have to worry about earc u can just use hdmi passthrough and use dtsx sound unbound and dolby accsess for the best results youll ever find
Hey, what Soundbar do you have? And aside from using DTSx or Dolby access, what else do you do to get the best results, like any Windows sound configurations you use or loudness equalization?

If you watch any movies or shows on your PC, what video player would you recommend to get the best audio/video experience?

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
https://www.vizio.com/en/sound-bar/m-series/M51ax-J6 and nope i just use the equlizers aswell as volume leveling built into my system but i do use a matrix upmixer called real3d for legacy codecs like dolby surround pro logic 1 2 and 2x https://t.me/Real3D_surround_upmixer/1 this would be the tellegram group however besides that i dont enhance anythang from the original soruce if your finding your audio sucks but u have a powerful system id check out your source material often times "atmos" means 2 thangs digital plus atmos (compressed) or true hd atmos (uncompressed lossless) i have a few true hd tracks aswell as a few dtsx and dts-hdma tracks so my system packs a serious punch without enhancements i found with optical i could hear just the slightest bit of crackling in the background of the audio if i put it real close to my ear and when id listen to sterio content oh it was just awful as these enhacers use prologic 2x so it adds compression to the sterio mix causing horrible artifacting mainly in ppls voices

Pulzar

I got an old 5.1 dolby digital receiver from a friend and hooked up some cheap 5.0 speakers to it. Searched the web for a few days to find these APO drivers to enable dolby digital through Nvidia HDMI -> Tv -> Optical -> AVR. I used the Dolby Home Theater v4 enhancer and it actually works. Well, for some time at least. I don't have the patience to read through all the 107 pages of conversation here to find out if there is a solution for my problems so I thought to just ask.

The problem is that once I get the Dolby digital enabled through audio settings in windows then after some time, could be at random or after I turn the TV off and back on again, windows will say that it has disabled audio enhancements because of some problem and then I cannot enable dolby digital again as the default format. Also from the supported codecs all the dolby digital stuff disappears. I've had to restart the computer and sometimes have to reinstall the APO drivers to get it back to work.

This would be the perfect solution for me if only the enhancements would not crap out at random.

Is there any solution for this or is the best solution to just buy Dolby Atmos capable receiver and use the windows built in dolby atmos enhancements?

Pulzar

So this is the problem. I just shut off the TV (LG C1) for the night and left the computer open. Then when I turn on the TV and log in to windows the enhancements have been disabled and Encoded formats list is empty. I tried restarting the windows audio service, restarting display driver and unplugging and re-plugging the HDMI but still the encoded formats do not reappear.

If I try to select Dolby Digital for the default format it of course says that it is not supported...

Only fix is to restart computer.

LG c1.png
Näyttökuva 2024-08-21 110525.png

Harze2k

Got DTS Connect working over HDMI along with Equalizer APO, gives more gain and much better dynamic range compared to DD which allows more headroom for manual Room EQ with Peace+REW+MiniDSP UMIK-1. Much higher bitrate at 1.5mbps vs 640kbps of old DD. Using HDMI > HDMI Audio Extractor > Optical > 2x Panasonic SA-HE200. Can play DD+/Atmos/DTS:X and it automactically downsamples to DTS.

At some point I'd like to upgrade receivers but anything better in the SQ/power department compared to these old mosfet receivers is $1000+.

Hi, hope you still are around :)
I tried your suggestions, installed EqualizerAPO + Peace. Then APO driver + DTS Connect. Then imported your .ini file, pressed "Applied Effect and Process Mode Configurations" and rebooted.
Now i can chose DTS Interactive in the list and it plays fine just testing on youtube.

Starting EqualizerAPO forces me to install their (driver?) on my audio connection (Marantz-AVR) and then it wipes the DTS Interactive from the list. I cant see how you got DTS Connect working at the same time as Equalizer APO? For me its either one or the other. But maybe am just missing something :)

Thanks I try it out later.

APO driver doesn't work on windows 11, it doesn't even launch.

I think I might just use pure driver without dtpc
Got a fix for that, since it wont start normally for my on Win11 24H2. Have to execute it as nt authority\system.

1) Download latest v1.1x version (newest at time moment: v1.1.37.02) of AutoHotkeyU64.exe and replace the one in APO Driver. (AutoHotkeyU64.exe from the APO Driver install throws an error).
2) open cmd as ADMIN and cd to your APO Driver install folder.
3) run: NSudoLC.exe -U:T -P:E -UseCurrentConsole "AutoHotkeyU64.exe" "FXConfigurator.ahk"
4) FX Configurator now starts where it before did nothing at all :)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-22 205516.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-22 205516.png
    78.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Is this still safe? Why isn't anyone using it?
yes it is safe it dose flag as a virus but that is simply due to how it installs into windows iv had a admin of this forum actually scrub this to see if its safe or not it is infact safe for use and i used it when i was stuck on usb to optical i loved it but it did still sound compressed so i switched to hdmi

yes it is safe it dose flag as a virus but that is simply due to how it installs into windows iv had a admin of this forum actually scrub this to see if its safe or not it is infact safe for use and i used it when i was stuck on usb to optical i loved it but it did still sound compressed so i switched to hdmi
Some people say it's a trojan and it's mining so we shouldn't use it

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Some people say it's a trojan and it's mining so we shouldn't use it
i thought the exact same thang the file in question is the reltek patch which u do not even need to use in order to use this again i have had a admin on this fourm scrub it for me i can confirm its safe i used it for years many others have aswell u can actually delete the reltek patch when u download this and everythang not only well still function correctly but well no longer flag your anti virus u have to rember antiviruses cant actually see every single line of code in a application so often times than not it well just look at whare applications install themeselfs because its a reltek patch it has to install in places that only OEMS can accsess in the windows operateing system

also to assnwer your other question thare isnt many optical home theaters anymore and while this solution can use hdmi most hdmi systems now have dtsx and atmos so u just need dolby accsess and dts sound unbound makeing these obsolete unless your useing older hardware like my tv dosent support earc so for awhile i used usb to optical until i got a soundbar with true rear speakers and a hdmi in and a seperate hdmi out port