• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Yeyian Mirage X

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
You may not have heard of Yeyian before, but the brand offers a full range of PC gaming products and is pushing to expand into new markets. The Mirage X case manages to offer design elements only found in competition that costs three times more, making this a unique choice at a refreshingly low price point.

Show full review

Over here, right where you can't see me !
System Name The Little One
Processor i5-11320H @4.4GHZ
Motherboard AZW SEI
Cooling Fan w/heat pipes + side & rear vents
Memory 64GB Crucial DDR4-3200 (2x 32GB)
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Display(s) 2x Samsung 43" & 2x 32"
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Audio Device(s) Yamaha ATS-1060 Bluetooth Soundbar & Subwoofer
Power Supply 65w brick
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2
Keyboard Logitech G613 mechanical wireless
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
y/A/w/N....

glass slats in the front, yea, that's REAL innovative, as is the circus puke controller & lots of fans....omg.....

can't wait to get me hands on this & break one or more, then the whole case will look like a total shiite pos, or worse, have to pay as much or more for a replacement slat than the whole case cost :(

System Name Yes
Processor E5-2690 v4
Motherboard VEINEDA X99
Video Card(s) 2080 Ti
Storage NE-512 KingSpec
Display(s) G27Q
Case DAOTECH X9
Power Supply SF450
Cases are getting so wide now that it\s time for 18cm fans. make it triple 540 or dual 360 18x2. What is this. 3 fans and empty bezels.
At those dimensions why can't it support a 480 rad or 420 on top as well.

System Name Sim Racing PC/Dell XPS 15 7590
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800x/Intel Core i7-9750h
Motherboard ASUS TUF B450-Plus II/Dell Laptop MB
Cooling Arctic Freezer A35 CO/laptop cooling
Memory 2*8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200/2*8GB Crucial DDR4-2666 SO-DIMM
Video Card(s) XFX SWFT309 RX 6700 XT/Laptop GTX 1650
Storage 1 TB Crucial 3400 PCIe Gen 4 SSD/Ediloca EN605 512 GB PCIe Gen 3 SSD
Display(s) 77" LG OLED TV (4K@120Hz)/15" Dell integrated panel (1080p@60Hz) and 27" Acer KB272 (1080p@75Hz)
Case Cougar MX330-G Air / XPS 7590 chassis
Audio Device(s) Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro via Yamaha HT receiver/Integrated speakers or Creative Pebble Plus
Power Supply EVGA 600 BA / Dell 130W laptop brick
Mouse Logitech K400+ / Cherry MW 4500
Keyboard Logitech K400+ / Drop ENTR or E-YOOSO Z-686 or integrated keyboard
VR HMD Meta Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Home/Windows 11 Pro (meaning to try Linux)
I know it isn't for everyone, but I personally like the slate glass front. It really helps diffuse the light while still having decent airflow. Make a microATX version and lower the price and I'm interested.

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero
Cooling Arctic Freezer 50, GPU with custom loop
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus GeForce RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB
Storage 256+240+128+480+2x1TB SSDs + 3TB HDDs
Display(s) 27" 4K120 IPS + 32" 4K60 IPS + 24" 1080p144
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Corsair HS35
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518 + Asus TUF P1 mousepad
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis
Never seen those holes for helping with the expansion card screws, that's pretty clever.

I only looked on the pictures so far. Are there cables preventing the front to be removed? It seems those RGB cables will make building stuff in that case more complicated. I tend to remove case parts for less weight, easier access and easier build / rebuilding of the computer.

I removed that junk pcb also from my Fractal design Meshify 2 Case. Maybe there is, or there is not a very high amperage non replaceable fuse on that pcb.
Still the mounting, fusing, insulation is not to my standards!
Personally I will rather not buy any cases with case fans and those, seems like fan / RGB pcbs. The connectors look cheap, the pcb footprint is small to save money. Insulation from the mounting screws vs pcb is also a matter to question. There is also no mechanism to lock cables in position like e.g. every proper connection has. Or can be found in most modern cars for example.

"loose" cables around the rgb controller. No fixtation method or options for the cables. That pictures show it clearly. It's also obvious that the cables needs to be bend too much and therefore the positioning of the cable put through holes and mounting options is not really optimal.

The bend from the cable above the dark power 13 psu to the case bottom is not something i want to see in any case. The space between the 3.5" hdd case and the dark power 13 psu also implies too tight bend cables. Not something I like to see. AFAIK cables should have a minimum bend curve.

It's not the buillders fault. The Case does not give enough place and options to build it better.

This seems to be an entry Graphic cards. Usually you have 3 or 4 cables. I do expect for my next case a solution for the free AIR routing psu cable for the graphic card. Less force on the cables and connectors from the graphic card and to the power supply connector.

20 or 24 pin (wahtever) ATX PSU connector from the mainboard, seems USB 3? connectors are heavily bend from the mainboard to the back.
The bend radius of cables should be respected. It's my hardware which I bought and It's costly. I don't want to predamage or abuse cables because of lack of space from a case.

Last edited:

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
This seems to be an entry Graphic cards. Usually you have 3 or 4 cables. I do expect for my next case a solution for the free AIR routing psu cable for the graphic card. Less force on the cables and connectors from the graphic card and to the power supply connector.
I wouldn't call a RTX 4080 an entry-level card. Nvidia's been using that single power cable for few years already, AMD uses the traditional PCIe cables.

System Name I don't name my systems.
Processor i5-12600KF 'stock power limits/-115mV undervolt+contact frame'
Motherboard Asus Prime B660-PLUS D4
Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Memory 4x8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz
Video Card(s) Asus TuF V2 RTX 3060 Ti @1920 MHz Core/@950mV Undervolt
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Display(s) 29" 2560x1080 75 Hz / LG 29WK600-W
Case Be Quiet! Pure Base 500 FX Black
Audio Device(s) Onboard + Hama uRage SoundZ 900+USB DAC
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM 500W 80+ Gold
Mouse Canyon Puncher GM-20
Keyboard SPC Gear GK630K Tournament 'Kailh Brown'
Software Windows 10 Pro
y/A/w/N....

glass slats in the front, yea, that's REAL innovative, as is the circus puke controller & lots of fans....omg.....

can't wait to get me hands on this & break one or more, then the whole case will look like a total shiite pos, or worse, have to pay as much or more for a replacement slat than the whole case cost :(
No offence but ever since I'm on this site its like I'm yet to see a single post from you that wasn't trashing a case or so, I'm genuinely curious how would a case look like if you designed/developed it.:rolleyes: 'Btw I'm yet to break any of my cases that had a glass part/side, ya know take care of your stuff and such + those slats look pretty thick so I doubt that they would break THAT easily.'

Personally I kind of like it tho my only concern is that dusting off those slats could be a pain I guess + the price is a wee bit on the high side for me. 'not that I'm in the market for a case since I'm perfectly happy with my current one but I still like this in a way'

Ruru

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
No offence but ever since I'm on this site its like I'm yet to see a single post from you that wasn't trashing a case or so, I'm genuinely curious how would a case look like if you designed/developed it.:rolleyes: 'Btw I'm yet to break any of my cases that had a glass part/side, ya know take care of your stuff and such + those slats look pretty thick so I doubt that they would break THAT easily.'

Personally I kind of like it tho my only concern is that dusting off those slats could be a pain I guess + the price is a wee bit on the high side for me. 'not that I'm in the market for a case since I'm perfectly happy with my current one but I still like this in a way'
Back in the day when Antec P180 practically formed the basis for modern cases, I used to say that many cases were clones of it, but these days it's fine that at least some case manufacturers have some unique features.

Cooling ID-Cooling SE 224 XT ARGB V3 'CPU', 4x Be Quiet! Light Wings + 2x Arctic P12 black case fans.
Storage 4 TB WD Red, 1 TB Silicon Power A55 Sata, 1 TB Kingston A2000 NVMe, 256 GB Adata Spectrix s40g NVMe
Software Windows 10 Pro
Back in the day when Antec P180 practically formed the basis for modern cases, I used to say that many cases were clones of it, but these days it's fine that at least some case manufacturers have some unique features.
My first own PC was built in a Sigma Luna Silver, TPU even has a review of it just the black version:
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/sigma-luna-wb/

At the time it was one of the fancier looking 'and affordable' cases on the market when I've bought it in 2008, so ye even back then I've liked cases that catches my attention with something different and that is still the case nowadays.
I mean nowadays you can get a 50$ case that has enough airflow for 90% of the average users so its like whatever at that point they are all the same basically its there to hold the hardware in place so might as well buy one that looks a bit different than the rest. 'at least thats how I buy my cases, my previous case was a In Win 101C'

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Storage WD Black SN850X 4TB m.2, Seagate 2TB SSD + SN850 4TB x2 in an external enclosure
Case Practically identical to a mac mini, just purrtier in slate blue, & with 3x usb ports on the front !
Power Supply 65w brick
Software Windows 10 pro 64 bit, with all the unnecessary background shitzu turned OFF !
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Well, like everyone here, I am entitled to my opinions, and therefore I tend to prefer cases that are NOT the standard, same ole same same boring AF rectangular boxen... all the way back to the original BitFenix Prodigy, Air 740/540, TT900 & Level 20 XT etc etc....and I don't have any reservations about criticizing the lazy-assed mfgr's who would rather just push out more & more of the above instead of making an effort to come up with something different once in a while....

As for breaking glass panels or parts, I've had numerous cases with them, but they were always framed, trimmed, well-secured with clips, thumbscrews etc, which prevented all but the most stupido of mistakes....however, the slats on the mirage do not appear to fit that description, since they seem to be held in place by a somewhat rudimentary "notch" or "pin" of some sorts at the top & bottom, which does not inspire much confidence for me...

Also, note that after a bit of goooglin, it seems that they are NOT "GLASS" after all, but clear acrylic instead, so that will probably improve their durability, but still leaves the mounting method as a weak point :)

Software Windows 10 Pro
Well, like everyone here, I am entitled to my opinions, and therefore I tend to prefer cases that are NOT the standard, same ole same same boring AF rectangular boxen... all the way back to the original BitFenix Prodigy, Air 740/540, TT900 & Level 20 XT etc etc....and I don't have any reservations about criticizing the lazy-assed mfgr's who would rather just push out more & more of the above instead of making an effort to come up with something different once in a while....

As for breaking glass panels or parts, I've had numerous cases with them, but they were always framed, trimmed, well-secured with clips, thumbscrews etc, which prevented all but the most stupido of mistakes....however, the slats on the mirage do not appear to fit that description, since they seem to be held in place by a somewhat rudimentary "notch" or "pin" of some sorts at the top & bottom, which does not inspire much confidence for me...

Also, note that after a bit of goooglin, it seems that they are NOT "GLASS" after all, but clear acrylic instead, so that will probably improve their durability, but still leaves the mounting method as a weak point :)
Well then there are those weirdly shaped frame/transformer like Cougar cases and whoever else copied those. :laugh: 'theres also some triangle case but I've forgot who made it'

Tbh I'm not sure if acrylic is better, at least the case I've bought in 2008 had an acrylic side panel and it was pretty easy to leave scratches on it so I've had to be extra careful with it, arguably even more careful than dealing with glass nowadays.

Motherboard AZW SEI
Video Card(s) Iris XE
Power Supply 65w brick
Benchmark Scores PDQ
Well then there are those weirdly shaped frame/transformer like Cougar cases and whoever else copied those. :laugh: 'theres also some triangle case but I've forgot who made it'
Yea but I won't go for stuff like that, although I understand that some folks do....and I just ignored the whole silly-assed, combobulated cartoon thing known as Transformers....
Tbh I'm not sure if acrylic is better, at least the case I've bought in 2008 had an acrylic side panel and it was pretty easy to leave scratches on it so I've had to be extra careful with it, arguably even more careful than dealing with glass nowadays.
Both materials have their good & bad qualities, and have come a long way since 2008, but if manufactured correctly & handled appropriately, both can last for many years without scratches or breakage....

Processor i5-13500
Motherboard MSI MAG B760 Tomahawk WiFi DDR4
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 White
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x8GB 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX3060 12GB
Storage 250GB NVME (main) 1TB SSD (Game) 1TB HDD (Storage) 2TB HDD (ext Backup)
Display(s) Benq 27" GW2765 + Asus 27" VE278 + 55" Hisense
Case Cougar MX600 White
Audio Device(s) Audiotrack Prodigy Cube DAC + Edifer S330D + Plantronics RIG 400
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G403 Hero
Keyboard EVGA Z15 Brown Tactile (Blue Oring, Lube, Silence Pad)